Re: Uvalde School Shooting

Post by kalm »

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:47 pm Maybe pro lifers can take up school shootings as their next pet project.
Had that same thought...the Pro-Life stance is a bit hypocritical here. They care about fetuses but when guns are in the picture, all bets are off. Fuck the kids.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:07 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:31 pm AZ donk congressman Ruben Gallego:

And he claims to care about 18 children but has zero problem with the 600,000 abortions done annually.
Valid point. Then again...Republicans will care about the 600k aborted fetuses but won't do anything to safe guard the 18 children. You have to admit, both sides are thigh high in hypocrisy here.

I think it's safe to say that any cowardly fuck who shoots up a school is mentally ill and that should also be part of the equation. It isn't just access to weapons. Like that kid up in Minnesota or whatever. His journal says he asked his parents about getting a therapist and they just laughed at him and told him to " suck it up." :ohno: Things could've been different if that boy just got a few extra hugs...
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

How much mental health service could we have paid for with the $40 billion we just pissed away on Ukraine?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:08 pm
Baldy wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:36 pm
You said we are a shitty country right now and getting shittier. Trump was called every name in the book for calling some 3rd world countries "shithole countries".

The two sound eerily very similar.
Do they? :coffee:

Do you think America is a 3rd world country? Do you really think Trumps intent and context were eerily similar to mine?

You sound just like Nancy Pelosi. :kisswink:
:notworthy:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:10 am How much mental health service could we have paid for with the $40 billion we just pissed away on Ukraine?
"Could have" is not the same as "would have". Your red herring argument is rejected by the judges. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Pwns wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:26 pm It's worth asking why these things didn't use to happen. Columbine in 1999 was the first real "guy shooting a bunch of people for no real reason other than being mad at the world". Before that I'm not sure there was anything that compares.
Nope. University of Texas back in the 60s, guy got up in the Tower with a rifle.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:41 pm
Baldy wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:28 pm
You sound just like Donald Trump.
I was thinking Stacy Abrams. :mrgreen:

I was also thinking that you could see it with the rioting and looting. :coffee:
The rioting and looting is actually pretty tame these days compared to the civl rights/Vietnam era, grasshopper. :coffee:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

houndawg wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:18 am
HI54UNI wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:10 am How much mental health service could we have paid for with the $40 billion we just pissed away on Ukraine?
"Could have" is not the same as "would have". Your red herring argument is rejected by the judges. :coffee:
Last I checked Dems control both houses of Congress and the Presidency. If they really cared about this they could approve the funding. :coffee:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:45 am

Last I checked Dems control both houses of Congress and the Presidency. If they really cared about this they could approve the funding. :coffee:
Most Ds are Republicans and they don't have the votes to break a filibuster anyway. :coffee:

This fall the GOP may be able to ram mental health legislation through, though. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

93henfan wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:47 am Image
We "defended" Parkland with a deputy that ran away rather than face an AR-15 with his pistol. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

:nod:

This falls on leadership from both parties. To wit…Dem establishment including Pelosi threw tons of money and support towards Henry Cuellar in his Texas primary. He’s pro life and A rated by the NRA. He’s also under an FBI bribery investigation including having his offices raided.

They care about money, hate the left, and do not represent average Americans.

They will however use this tragedy for performative messaging that sounds like they give a shit.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:23 am

They will however use this tragedy for performative messaging that sounds like they give a shit.
:nod: :nod:

Uniparty in action!

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

This falls on leadership from both parties. To wit…Dem establishment including Pelosi threw tons of money and support towards Henry Cuellar in his Texas primary. He’s pro life and A rated by the NRA. He’s also under an FBI bribery investigation including having his offices raided.

I certainly agree with this sentiment. They don't give a crap, outside of how it can lead to electoral success and political power. If we had leaders, on either side of the aisle, there would be at least people sitting down right now, regardless of political parties, and having frank and open discussions about what can be done, what compromises can be reached, and things put on the table to vote on and to implement. And then sitting down again when the first, or second, or third things don't work to prevent slaughters like these. Instead, we get performance art. We get politicians acting like Steve Kerr (who I think is at least sincere and he's also not a politician) and going through all the histrionics and virtue signaling but then only using it for political gain. At least try to solve the problem, and any problem solving is going to require people to sit down and figure it out. Screaming behind a microphone and then making political ads and checking the opinion polls doesn't get us anywhere.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:31 am

I certainly agree with this sentiment. They don't give a crap, outside of how it can lead to electoral success and political power. If we had leaders, on either side of the aisle, there would be at least people sitting down right now, regardless of political parties, and having frank and open discussions about what can be done, what compromises can be reached, and things put on the table to vote on and to implement. And then sitting down again when the first, or second, or third things don't work to prevent slaughters like these. Instead, we get performance art. We get politicians acting like Steve Kerr (who I think is at least sincere and he's also not a politician) and going through all the histrionics and virtue signaling but then only using it for political gain. At least try to solve the problem, and any problem solving is going to require people to sit down and figure it out. Screaming behind a microphone and then making political ads and checking the opinion polls doesn't get us anywhere.
Yep. I can’t remember the politician or perhaps historian who said in America the parade for positive change is always led by the people rather than political leaders. Things have to reach a critical mass before politicians take meaningful action. I’m afraid we’re not quite there yet.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:40 am

Yep. I can’t remember the politician or perhaps historian who said in America the parade for positive change is always led by the people rather than political leaders. Things have to reach a critical mass before politicians take meaningful action. I’m afraid we’re not quite there yet.
Heck, I'm hearing rumors that Schumer's going to call for a, wait for it, full debate on the Senate floor to flesh out all 100 opinions from each Senator on the issue of guns and gun control. Wow, that should really do it. I mean, after those 2 or 3 days of boredom mixed with nausea and I'm sure some really catchy Twitter meme's and snippets to use in upcoming election ads, we'll have absolutely nothing else to show for it and no real effort, by either side, to sit down and actually try to implement things to fix the numerous things wrong around this issue. That Senator from Connecticut was right yesterday, most of these people in office legitimately don't have a purpose in being there, other than the obvious purpose of enriching themselves with power.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Us Kerr's know what's up. :coffee:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Ibanez wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:44 am
Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:47 pm Maybe pro lifers can take up school shootings as their next pet project.
Had that same thought...the Pro-Life stance is a bit hypocritical here. They care about fetuses but when guns are in the picture, all bets are off. Fuck the kids.
Firearms are the leading cause of death among children and adolescents.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2201761
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:48 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:07 pm

And he claims to care about 18 children but has zero problem with the 600,000 abortions done annually.
Valid point. Then again...Republicans will care about the 600k aborted fetuses but won't do anything to safe guard the 18 children. You have to admit, both sides are thigh high in hypocrisy here.

I think it's safe to say that any cowardly fuck who shoots up a school is mentally ill and that should also be part of the equation. It isn't just access to weapons. Like that kid up in Minnesota or whatever. His journal says he asked his parents about getting a therapist and they just laughed at him and told him to " suck it up." :ohno: Things could've been different if that boy just got a few extra hugs...
Da fuq :suspicious: So because conks don’t want to go along with gun bans/overturning 2A conks won’t do anything to safeguard the 18 kids? :? Conks have been calling for an armed cop or armed guards or teachers (ex military or leo) in every schools for years, if not several decades. Which works if you have 1 open point of entry. I remeber after Sandy Hook there was a big push for this, and the left has fought them tooth and nail over it.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

And I believe the total aid to Ukraine in the last 3 months is up to the 54 billion $$$$ ballpark..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:47 am
kalm wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:40 am

Heck, I'm hearing rumors that Schumer's going to call for a, wait for it, full debate on the Senate floor to flesh out all 100 opinions from each Senator on the issue of guns and gun control. Wow, that should really do it. I mean, after those 2 or 3 days of boredom mixed with nausea and I'm sure some really catchy Twitter meme's and snippets to use in upcoming election ads, we'll have absolutely nothing else to show for it and no real effort, by either side, to sit down and actually try to implement things to fix the numerous things wrong around this issue. That Senator from Connecticut was right yesterday, most of these people in office legitimately don't have a purpose in being there, other than the obvious purpose of enriching themselves with power.
It sucks how right you are. :ohno:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:01 am

Da fuq :suspicious: So because conks don’t want to go along with gun bans/overturning 2A conks won’t do anything to safeguard the 18 kids? :? Conks have been calling for an armed cop or armed guards or teachers (ex military or leo) in every schools for years, if not several decades. Which works if you have 1 open point of entry. I remeber after Sandy Hook there was a big push for this, and the left has fought them tooth and nail over it.
I didn't say anything about gun bans or overturning 2A so get your panties out of a bunch. And it's true - if Republicans truly cared then they would do whatever necessary to protect vulnerable children. But they won't (and neither will the Democrats) because it would probably require some hard and unpopular decisions that'll make them lose power.

You aren't solving a problem by adding armed guards (Parkland had a guard who ran away). It could be a stop gap but there has to be more than the nothing we're doing now. The Republican solution to gun violence in schools is more guns in the school. I get the idea, it makes sense but we should be focusing on reducing the ability for people like this guy or that whack job up in NY to even acquiring a weapon. The armed guard solution doesn't solve the root cause. It's just a temporary mitigation.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

We'll have to see the details on what transpired here - apparently there was an armed guard at this school and he did engage the culprit before he entered the school. Not a lot of details yet on how the interaction with the armed guard transpired and how exactly he got into the building.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:11 am
We'll have to see the details on what transpired here - apparently there was an armed guard at this school and he did engage the culprit before he entered the school. Not a lot of details yet on how the interaction with the armed guard transpired and how exactly he got into the building.
I wasn't certain about that part, some of what i've read said the shooter was already Barricaded.

Personally - if we have armed guards in school and they see a kid approaching with a gun, they should just take him out. No need to diffuse the situation with words and negotiations. That guy is looking for a fight. Just unload a magazine into the chest.