Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: 2022 SCOTUS rulings

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:43 pm
Ibanez wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:16 am

Newsflash - Trump didn't expose Washington. It's not like 2016 Congress has a 100% approval rating and we all thought our Congresspeople were the salt of the earth. We already know they were scum. :lol:
Agreed. I think Republican politicians are just as sleezy as Democrats. Uniparty.

But, I would say the Russia collusion exposed the entirety of the DC establishment. Politicians AND careerists. Has there ever been a coordinated effort from the entirety of DC to get rid of a President like they pulled with Trump?
I don't disagree. The absolutely worst thing the Democrats did, aside from having Hillary as their candidate, was the Russian collusion scam and the " Impeach 45" nonsense from Day 1. It was an stupid thing to do.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:29 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:43 pm

Agreed. I think Republican politicians are just as sleezy as Democrats. Uniparty.

But, I would say the Russia collusion exposed the entirety of the DC establishment. Politicians AND careerists. Has there ever been a coordinated effort from the entirety of DC to get rid of a President like they pulled with Trump?
I don't disagree. The absolutely worst thing the Democrats did, aside from having Hillary as their candidate, was the Russian collusion scam and the " Impeach 45" nonsense from Day 1. It was an stupid thing to do.
That shit fell on Republicans too. They fucking knew Russia collusion was bullshit and they all acted like it was real.

I know we joke about The Conservative Treehouse, but after reading all of the government documents that were posted on that site, it becomes really obvious this was bullshit from the start. The documents posted were those FOIA'd by others.

Did you know that right before they filed the FISA application on Carter Page, that he was used as an FBI informant to convict Russians? Yep. Pretty much everyone in DC knew it was bullshit.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

SDHornet wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:12 pm
How in the hell did he, and his guest, not know about Europe or the pro-life stance of women?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:55 am
SDHornet wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:12 pm
How in the hell did he, and his guest, not know about Europe or the pro-life stance of women?
Let’s be more like Europe, yay! :mrgreen:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

One man’s insurrection is another man’s “passion”.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

kalm wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:53 am
SDHornet wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:53 pm

Dumb tweet. It's an anonymous survey.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Typical wack a doodle lib pro abortion protestors trying to interrupt church services..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

If the left thinks ite going to be 5-4 then Roberts needs to get the opinion out ASAP, and not wait until sometime in June. If one of the conservative justices is out at a store, business, grocery store, etc, and they don’t have security with them (I didn’t think SCOTUS justices have round the clock security) Its only a matter of time before one of these pro abortion leftist fanatics attacks, maybe even attempts to kill, one of the 5 conservative justices. If one did get murdered you’d be at 4-4 unless Roberts (who allegedly is always concerned about the integrity of the court) didn’t vote with the 3 libs).
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

And now the donk mayor of Chicago is calling for violence…
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:24 pm If the left thinks ite going to be 5-4 then Roberts needs to get the opinion out ASAP, and not wait until sometime in June. If one of the conservative justices is out at a store, business, grocery store, etc, and they don’t have security with them (I didn’t think SCOTUS justices have round the clock security) Its only a matter of time before one of these pro abortion leftist fanatics attacks, maybe even attempts to kill, one of the 5 conservative justices. If one did get murdered you’d be at 4-4 unless Roberts (who allegedly is always concerned about the integrity of the court) didn’t vote with the 3 libs).
I’m against protesting at private homes and public non-work confrontations. Things don’t need to get uglier than they already are. However it’s tough feeling sorry for the justices.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Klammy playing 88’s favorite card.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

And what bothers me more than the protests is the DOJ’s refusal to do a damned thing about them, despite written laws meant to prevent this kind of subversiveness. In the order of importance, the events of the past week are as follows:

* The fact that a SC draft opinion was leaked (sanctity of the court and all that)
* The fact that the White House/administration sees zero problem with the leak or the protests and fails to condemn them
* The DOJ’s unwillingness to enforce written law against the illegal protestors attempting to use fear to get justices to change their decision
* The protests themselves, which were obviously pre organized and planned prior to the “leak” happening
* The actual opinion itself (which basically just kicks the responsibility back to a states rights issue)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Telling when Schumer is asked if he wants to codify Roe v. Wade and he states that: "we are not looking to compromise on something as vital as this " when asked about bringing to vote Murkowski's and Collins' bill that would do just that and instead supports (will be bringing to vote) a bill that codifies the expansion of abortion up to the moment of birth and forces states and doctors to perform abortions with no exceptions.

Schumer is a gift to the Republicans that just keeps on giving. Why he keeps hanging out moderate Dems that are up for election out to dry is beyond me.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:23 am Telling when Schumer is asked if he wants to codify Roe v. Wade and he states that: "we are not looking to compromise on something as vital as this " when asked about bringing to vote Murkowski's and Collins' bill that would do just that and instead supports (will be bringing to vote) a bill that codifies the expansion of abortion up to the moment of birth and forces states and doctors to perform abortions with no exceptions.

Schumer is a gift to the Republicans that just keeps on giving. Why he keeps hanging out moderate Dems that are up for election out to dry is beyond me.
:nod:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:35 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:23 am Telling when Schumer is asked if he wants to codify Roe v. Wade and he states that: "we are not looking to compromise on something as vital as this " when asked about bringing to vote Murkowski's and Collins' bill that would do just that and instead supports (will be bringing to vote) a bill that codifies the expansion of abortion up to the moment of birth and forces states and doctors to perform abortions with no exceptions.

:nod:
Glad to see that you agree that the Democratic party is pushing for abortion on demand and no restrictions. :thumb:

:kisswink:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:30 am Klammy playing 88’s favorite card.
It's good to see that kalm can be right for once. Both extremes are fvcking nuts.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:09 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:30 am Klammy playing 88’s favorite card.

It's good to see that kalm can be right for once.
Both extremes are fvcking nuts.
That is a bit harsh. Why I think he was right twice just this week and it is only Tuesday! :D

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:48 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:09 am

It's good to see that kalm can be right for once.
Both extremes are fvcking nuts.
That is a bit harsh. Why I think he was right twice just this week and it is only Tuesday! :D
You are correct. I should have added a smiley.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:00 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:48 am

I took it as tongue in cheek, hence my reply. :thumb:

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:06 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:00 am
I took it as tongue in cheek, hence my reply. :thumb:
I worry about kalm's fragile ego ... ;)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:09 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:06 am