Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: 2022 SCOTUS rulings

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:28 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:09 am

I worry about kalm's fragile ego ... ;)
What if you divide by zero? :geek:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:37 am

Son of a bitch!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:48 am And what bothers me more than the protests is the DOJ’s refusal to do a damned thing about them, despite written laws meant to prevent this kind of subversiveness. In the order of importance, the events of the past week are as follows:

* The fact that a SC draft opinion was leaked (sanctity of the court and all that)
* The fact that the White House/administration sees zero problem with the leak or the protests and fails to condemn them
* The DOJ’s unwillingness to enforce written law against the illegal protestors attempting to use fear to get justices to change their decision
* The protests themselves, which were obviously pre organized and planned prior to the “leak” happening
* The actual opinion itself (which basically just kicks the responsibility back to a states rights issue)
Yep. Every single one of those protestors illegally protesting outside the SCOTUSes’ homes ought to be arrested.
Federal U.S. code 1507, states that any individual who "pickets or parades" with the "intent of interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge, juror, witness, or court officer" near a U.S. court or "near a building or residence occupied or used by such judge, juror, witness, or court officer" will be fined, or "imprisoned not more than one year, or both."

Despite the language included in the federal statute, Attorney General Merrick Garland has not issued a public statement addressing the protests outside conservative justices' homes. And the Department of Justice (DOJ) did not respond to Fox News Digital's request for comment on Garland's silence and the reason why protestors have not been arrested.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-si ... uence-case
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:18 pm
Protest all you want outside the church and addressing people going in and coming out. But going into the actual building and disrupting a religious ceremony isn't winning any support to your side.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

GannonFan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:46 pm
Protest all you want outside the church and addressing people going in and coming out. But going into the actual building and disrupting a religious ceremony isn't winning any support to your side.
next
But the Catholic Church buying a house next to an abortion clinic, setting up a fake clinic in it, harassing the clinic staff, following them home, harassing their children, etc does?

The forced birth movement has ZERO leg to stand on when it comes to harassment, since they made a business out of it.

As for the judges, they ruled back in the 90's that the forced-birth protesters had the first amendment right to stand outside clinic workers houses and harass them. I guess they don't like the First Amendment when it applies to them.
:thumb:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Churches need to find out who the protestors are and sue them under the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:22 pm
GannonFan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:46 pm

next
But the Catholic Church buying a house next to an abortion clinic, setting up a fake clinic in it, harassing the clinic staff, following them home, harassing their children, etc does?

The forced birth movement has ZERO leg to stand on when it comes to harassment, since they made a business out of it.

As for the judges, they ruled back in the 90's that the forced-birth protesters had the first amendment right to stand outside clinic workers houses and harass them. I guess they don't like the First Amendment when it applies to them.
Like I said, they could stand outside of every church every day and harass people coming in and going out and that would be perfectly fair game. Did I not say that? They want to protest at parishioners homes, hey, have at it. That's fine too. Going into the house of worship, well, that crosses the line. I think anti-abortion folks going into Planned Parenthood crosses a line too, no?

As for the judges, I believe there's at least a federal law that bars protests at judges homes, especially when done to intimidate or to attempt to persuade them to rule in a particular direction with a decision pending. I think that makes sense. Heck, we have more than enough examples of disgruntled claimants going to judges houses and shooting people. No need to add to that tragic ledger.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:33 pm
next

Like I said, they could stand outside of every church every day and harass people coming in and going out and that would be perfectly fair game. Did I not say that? They want to protest at parishioners homes, hey, have at it. That's fine too. Going into the house of worship, well, that crosses the line. I think anti-abortion folks going into Planned Parenthood crosses a line too, no?

As for the judges, I believe there's at least a federal law that bars protests at judges homes, especially when done to intimidate or to attempt to persuade them to rule in a particular direction with a decision pending. I think that makes sense. Heck, we have more than enough examples of disgruntled claimants going to judges houses and shooting people. No need to add to that tragic ledger.
Jon doesn’t care about that law. Lightfoot doesn’t care about that law. Biden doesn’t care about that law. Pelosi doesn’t care about that law. Whoopi doesn’t care about that law. Warren doesn’t care about that law. The DOJ doesn’t care about that law.

That law is only written to be used against CONSERVATIVES.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:39 pm
GannonFan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:33 pm Like I said, they could stand outside of every church every day and harass people coming in and going out and that would be perfectly fair game. Did I not say that? They want to protest at parishioners homes, hey, have at it. That's fine too. Going into the house of worship, well, that crosses the line. I think anti-abortion folks going into Planned Parenthood crosses a line too, no?

Jon doesn’t care about that law. Lightfoot doesn’t care about that law. Biden doesn’t care about that law. Pelosi doesn’t care about that law. Whoopi doesn’t care about that law. Warren doesn’t care about that law. The DOJ doesn’t care about that law. McConnell doesn't care about the law. Clarence Thomas doesn't care about the law. And on and on and on ...

That law is only written to be used by LIBERALS against CONSERVATIVES and by CONSERVATIVES against LIBERALS.
Victimhood does not become you so I fixed your post ...

If you're still angry, I'll get you a blanky and try to arrange for a safe space. :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:51 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:39 pm

Jon doesn’t care about that law. Lightfoot doesn’t care about that law. Biden doesn’t care about that law. Pelosi doesn’t care about that law. Whoopi doesn’t care about that law. Warren doesn’t care about that law. The DOJ doesn’t care about that law. McConnell doesn't care about the law. Clarence Thomas doesn't care about the law. And on and on and on ...

That law is only written to be used by LIBERALS against CONSERVATIVES and by CONSERVATIVES against LIBERALS.
Victimhood does not become you so I fixed your post ... :D
Remind me again how many BLM/ANTIFA idiots are rotting in jail? How many have been charged/convicted? How many were bailed out by the Hollywood elite? And how many who are openly violating the law in this case have been arrested/charged?

And then do the same for 1/6 protestors.

You’ll find (if you’re nonpartisan) that the law is NOT applied evenly. Not even close.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:53 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:51 pm
Victimhood does not become you so I fixed your post ... :D
Remind me again how many BLM/ANTIFA idiots are rotting in jail? How many have been charged/convicted? How many were bailed out by the Hollywood elite? And how many who are openly violating the law in this case have been arrested/charged?

You’ll find (if you’re nonpartisan) that the law is NOT applied evenly. Not even close.
I don't disagree with you but I can also see the irony in a white man complaining about the uneven application of the law.

What color blanky would you like? Would you like it to have the silky ends? I've heard that holding those against your skin can be soothing. :D
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:58 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:53 pm

I don't disagree with you but I can also see the irony in a white man complaining about the uneven application of the law.

What color blanky would you like? Would you like it to have the silky ends? I've heard that holding those against your skin can be soothing. :D
I know facts can be pesky things. Can you also see the irony in the fact that it’s unevenly applied in favor of the minority in almost ALL cases when it comes to protesting/rioting/literally ANYTHING to do with the “system”….
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:37 am

Can't, there is nothing to divide by. :ugeek:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:09 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:58 pm

I know facts can be pesky things. Can you also see the irony in the fact that it’s unevenly applied in favor of the minority in almost ALL cases when it comes to protesting/rioting/literally ANYTHING to do with the “system”….
If you call execution in the middle of the street in broad daylight "unevenly applied in favor..", sure :roll:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

next

Helps keep the rest of them honest now that the bar for being a judge has been lowered beneath whale shit. :coffee:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:15 pm

Helps keep the rest of them honest now that the bar for being a judge has been lowered beneath whale shit. :coffee:
So you literally just approved of execution of judges? Seriously, man, you need to read before you get all excited about posting yet another post about excrement. Your fascination with feces is bordering on disturbing. :ohno:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:20 pm
So you literally just approved of execution of judges? Seriously, man, you need to read before you get all excited about posting yet another post about excrement. Your fascination with feces is bordering on disturbing. :ohno:
Unfortunately, Houndy's intellectual development stalled while he was in Freud's anal stage. :D
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:09 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:58 pm I don't disagree with you but I can also see the irony in a white man complaining about the uneven application of the law.

I know facts can be pesky things. Can you also see the irony in the fact that it’s unevenly applied in favor of the minority in almost ALL cases when it comes to protesting/rioting/literally ANYTHING to do with the “system” after hundreds of years of being applied in the favor of white males.
That's exactly the irony I was talking about. Now you're starting to get it.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:20 pm

you are so cute when you're angry :luv:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

next

It’s almost like you’re saying they have a right to privacy or something. :|
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:50 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:29 am

I don't disagree. The absolutely worst thing the Democrats did, aside from having Hillary as their candidate, was the Russian collusion scam and the " Impeach 45" nonsense from Day 1. It was an stupid thing to do.
That shit fell on Republicans too. They fucking knew Russia collusion was bullshit and they all acted like it was real.

I know we joke about The Conservative Treehouse, but after reading all of the government documents that were posted on that site, it becomes really obvious this was bullshit from the start. The documents posted were those FOIA'd by others.

Did you know that right before they filed the FISA application on Carter Page, that he was used as an FBI informant to convict Russians? Yep. Pretty much everyone in DC knew it was bullshit.
Don't tell that to jelly. :rofl:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:21 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:24 pm If the left thinks ite going to be 5-4 then Roberts needs to get the opinion out ASAP, and not wait until sometime in June. If one of the conservative justices is out at a store, business, grocery store, etc, and they don’t have security with them (I didn’t think SCOTUS justices have round the clock security) Its only a matter of time before one of these pro abortion leftist fanatics attacks, maybe even attempts to kill, one of the 5 conservative justices. If one did get murdered you’d be at 4-4 unless Roberts (who allegedly is always concerned about the integrity of the court) didn’t vote with the 3 libs).
I’m against protesting at private homes and public non-work confrontations. Things don’t need to get uglier than they already are. However it’s tough feeling sorry for the justices.

klammy siding with the precursor to violence. Shocker.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:48 am And what bothers me more than the protests is the DOJ’s refusal to do a damned thing about them, despite written laws meant to prevent this kind of subversiveness. In the order of importance, the events of the past week are as follows:

* The fact that a SC draft opinion was leaked (sanctity of the court and all that)
* The fact that the White House/administration sees zero problem with the leak or the protests and fails to condemn them
* The DOJ’s unwillingness to enforce written law against the illegal protestors attempting to use fear to get justices to change their decision
* The protests themselves, which were obviously pre organized and planned prior to the “leak” happening
* The actual opinion itself (which basically just kicks the responsibility back to a states rights issue)
Youngkin can grow a pair and have state police/authorities shut down the unlawful protests in SCOTUS houses in VA. :twocents:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:30 pm
Churches need to find out who the protestors are and sue them under the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act.
This.