Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Culture Wars

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:47 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:31 am

The "Look who is taking a knee" memes from their arrest are hilarious :notworthy:
Question: Native Americans believed no one “owned the land”. How can our ancestors have stolen something that they didn’t own in the first place? :coffee: :coffee:
I never said they stole it, dumbAZ. They just killed the original inhabitants and moved in. Like Russia is doing in Ukraine. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:03 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:47 am

Question: Native Americans believed no one “owned the land”. How can our ancestors have stolen something that they didn’t own in the first place? :coffee: :coffee:
I never said they stole it, dumbAZ. They just killed the original inhabitants and moved in. Like Russia is doing in Ukraine. :coffee:
I see signs/shirts all over in these retard rallies saying “you can’t own what was stolen”, so apparently those retards you align with think it was stolen.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

We're going to out-diversity the Ruskies and Chicoms, ya'll. :lol:

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:11 pm
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/60-ame ... -past-poll

Groomer party is losing on this issue..

Groomer party loses on virtually EVERY issue, except with a little sliver of voters who care deeply about that singular issue. Their only hope is that aaaaaallllll those little single-issue slivers come out to vote donk, otherwise they’re toast in ‘22.
Both parties are groomer parties.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:41 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Groomer party loses on virtually EVERY issue, except with a little sliver of voters who care deeply about that singular issue. Their only hope is that aaaaaallllll those little single-issue slivers come out to vote donk, otherwise they’re toast in ‘22.
Both parties are groomer parties.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Only 1 is openly pushing to sexualize children..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:08 pm

I see signs/shirts all over in these retard rallies saying “you can’t own what was stolen”, so apparently those retards you align with think it was stolen.
bitter old man :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

​A federal judge in Tennessee temporarily blocked the Biden administration from enforcing directives that would allow transgender students and workers to use bathrooms and locker rooms and play for sports teams that correspond to their gender identity.

Judge Charles Atchley Jr. of the Eastern District of Tennessee ruled in favor of 20 Republican state attorney generals who sued last August, arguing that the federal directives would make it impossible for states to enforce their own rules about transgender athletes participating in girls’ sports or accessing bathrooms.

Atchley issued the temporary injunction until the matter can be resolved in the courts.....
https://nypost.com/2022/07/17/judge-tem ... hroom-use/
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:08 pm

That would be between you and them. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Grommers gonna groom...

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Groomers gonna groom…
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Col Hogan wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:18 pm
Without looking into it I’m guessing this is another “libs of TikTok” propaganda account.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:09 am
Col Hogan wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:18 pm
Without looking into it I’m guessing this is another “libs of TikTok” propaganda account.
Reposting videos that people made of themselves is propaganda? :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Republican state officials are readying plans to punish woke banks which push anti-fossil fuel policies and adhere to so-called environmental, social and governance (ESG) standards.

West Virginia announced last week it would bar five major financial institutions, including BlackRock, Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan, from entering into banking contracts with the state treasurer's office or any state agency. Each of the five corporations had committed to policies limiting commercial engagement with the fossil fuel industry which paid a whopping $769 million in taxes to West Virginia's state government...

...Moore's action, a first-of-its-kind response to major banks' ESG push, is likely to be the first of many similar actions nationwide. At least 15 Republican-led states, which collectively manage tens of billions of dollars in public funds, have proposed laws or policies that would similarly punish anti-fossil fuel banks over the last year, according to a FOX Business analysis....

...A dozen state financial officers contacted by FOX Business applauded West Virginia's restriction of banks and confirmed they were crafting their own response to "woke banks."

"The agency is continuing to work through the information we have received back from the companies we contacted for more information as well as finalizing our process for identifying suitable candidates for the Texas list," a spokesperson for Texas Comptroller Glenn Hegar said in an email.

Hegar is assembling a list like West Virginia's in accordance with a bill the Texas legislature passed last year. As part of the effort, Hegar sent letters to 19 financial institutions in March asking for clarification on their fossil fuel investment policies.

In addition to Texas, state financial officers in Kentucky, Oklahoma, Florida, South Carolina, Arizona, Louisiana, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Arkansas and North Dakota said they would take or consider action against banks that boycott energy companies. Kentucky and Oklahoma, like Texas, are compiling lists as required by recently-passed state laws.....
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/re ... o-business

Good. Wokeness is a disease, and it must be treated as such.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

in the race to be the most corrupt and taxpayer unfriendly state, Illinois is trying to take the lead from California with a ballot measure being pushed by the public unions.
When it comes to the most powerful government unions in the country, gone is a strong focus on pay and benefits. It has been replaced by political advocacy. As their membership numbers dwindle, government union bosses are attempting to make one last desperate power grab.
An innocuous-sounding referendum on Illinois’s November ballot, Amendment 1, would place four labor provisions into the Illinois constitution: a “fundamental right” to organize and bargain; the right to bargain over wages, hours, working conditions, economic welfare, and safety at work; a prohibition against lawmakers ever interfering with, negating, or diminishing those rights; and a prohibition of right-to-work laws.
Under Amendment 1, lawmakers would not be able to restrict what unions can negotiate or limit when they can go on strike. They would be unable to repeal a little-known Illinois provision that allows many union contracts to override conflicting state and local laws and regulations. Unions would be able to rewrite law through their contracts, leaving residents with no recourse and no way to hold anyone accountable

https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/08/ ... -illinois/

Public unions have lost over 38,000 members since the SCOTUS Janus ruling…this is one of their efforts to hang onto power

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Col Hogan wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:19 pm in the race to be the most corrupt and taxpayer unfriendly state, Illinois is trying to take the lead from California with a ballot measure being pushed by the public unions.
When it comes to the most powerful government unions in the country, gone is a strong focus on pay and benefits. It has been replaced by political advocacy. As their membership numbers dwindle, government union bosses are attempting to make one last desperate power grab.
An innocuous-sounding referendum on Illinois’s November ballot, Amendment 1, would place four labor provisions into the Illinois constitution: a “fundamental right” to organize and bargain; the right to bargain over wages, hours, working conditions, economic welfare, and safety at work; a prohibition against lawmakers ever interfering with, negating, or diminishing those rights; and a prohibition of right-to-work laws.
Under Amendment 1, lawmakers would not be able to restrict what unions can negotiate or limit when they can go on strike. They would be unable to repeal a little-known Illinois provision that allows many union contracts to override conflicting state and local laws and regulations. Unions would be able to rewrite law through their contracts, leaving residents with no recourse and no way to hold anyone accountable

Public unions have lost over 38,000 members since the SCOTUS Janus ruling…this is one of their efforts to hang onto power
Why wouldn’t they attempt to hold on to power?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Col Hogan wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:19 pm in the race to be the most corrupt and taxpayer unfriendly state, Illinois is trying to take the lead from California with a ballot measure being pushed by the public unions.

Is this a big, bad state government forcing local governments to toe the line regardless of what the local governments and their constituents might want situation?
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:00 pm

Is this a big, bad state government forcing local governments to toe the line regardless of what the local governments and their constituents might want situation?
I don’t know…is it?

Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

kalm wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:02 pm

Absolute power corrupts absolutely…

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Col Hogan wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:00 am
kalm wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:02 pm

Indeed although I’m not sure unions are a threat to achieving absolute power in the US.

It also applies both ways…

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Col Hogan wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:58 am
UNI88 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:00 pm
I don’t know…is it?
I think it is and it is similar to what Texas, Florida, etc. did in not allowing local school boards or governments to make their own decisions about mask mandates. I could quote some conk comments supporting Texas and Florida in the COVID thread to defend what Illinois is doing but I think both are examples of government overreach.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

kalm wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:23 am
Col Hogan wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:00 am
Indeed although I’m not sure unions are a threat to achieving absolute power in the US.

Noam Chomsky. :rofl: :rofl:

When one is forced to stay working in a company, come talk to me…

One could say the same thing about being an employee in a small store…the owner gives orders, and the employees have two choices…obey, or quit…

Chomsky’s alleged statement does not apply to the residents of a state…

P.S. - Illinois is the subject, not the whole of the United States

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

https://nypost.com/2022/08/03/nyc-mcdon ... irlfriend/

"It his fault he got shot he dun tole dat n1gga you be gimmie some hot fries."
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Col Hogan wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:46 am
kalm wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:23 am

One could say the same thing about being an employee in a small store…the owner gives orders, and the employees have two choices…obey, or quit…

Right. But absolute power still corrupts absolutely, right? :)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:48 pm
Col Hogan wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:46 am

Right. But absolute power still corrupts absolutely, right? :)
Yes. The Virginia school boards proved that.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12