Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Culture Wars

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:37 am
kalm wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:15 am

I pay my fair share. I live here in Washington. I want zero of my federal tax dollars going to others states.
I pay about 10x my fair share. And I don’t want my tax dollars going to Ukraine, student loan debt, or any of 100 other ridiculous things.
We have to fight them there so we don't have to fight them here - there could be a mushroom cloud in 45 minutes. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

This seems fair. No reasonable person should have a problem with it, right?
A Chesapeake, Virginia, elementary school, later this month, will have a new offering for students called the After School Satan Club.

According to a flyer on The Satanic Temple’s Facebook page, the After School Satan Club is scheduled to convene in the library at B.M. Williams Primary School in Chesapeake, Virginia on Dec. 15, where students can learn about benevolence and empathy, critical thinking, problem-solving, creative expression, personal sovereignty, and compassion.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-ele ... satan-club
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:42 am This seems fair. No reasonable person should have a problem with it, right?
A Chesapeake, Virginia, elementary school, later this month, will have a new offering for students called the After School Satan Club.

According to a flyer on The Satanic Temple’s Facebook page, the After School Satan Club is scheduled to convene in the library at B.M. Williams Primary School in Chesapeake, Virginia on Dec. 15, where students can learn about benevolence and empathy, critical thinking, problem-solving, creative expression, personal sovereignty, and compassion.
That's funny. Are benevolence, empathy, and compassion considered to be traits of Satan?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Baldy wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:06 am
kalm wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:42 am This seems fair. No reasonable person should have a problem with it, right?

That's funny. Are benevolence, empathy, and compassion considered to be traits of Satan?
Good question.

Satan created fascism and trump is the son of Satan. Is Damien J. trump benevolent, empathetic, and compassionate?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

According to the Satanic Temple they are. But why does it matter?
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:05 pm
According to the Satanic Temple they are. But why does it matter?
Why does it matter? :?

If someone created a "Temple of Donald Trump" and they claimed to be honest, trustworthy, and inclusive, would you believe them?
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:This seems fair. No reasonable person should have a problem with it, right?

They had better not teach critical thinking if they want them to grow up Demicrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:13 pm
kalm wrote:This seems fair. No reasonable person should have a problem with it, right?

They had better not teach critical thinking if they want them to grow up Demicrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I don't know, sometimes Satan seems like the good guy. You had God enslaving two people, giving them no free will, and denying them knowledge.

Then this dude comes along and is like "yo, you totally deserve free will and knowledge. This God fella is lying to you, don't listen to him."

Of course God gets pissy about someone figuring His scam, banishes them to Earth, continues to kill off their descendants, commits mass murder with disease and natural disasters, and it all supposedly ends in a horrific genocide of all humanity. He's also super petty and endorses supporters to rape, commit incest, kill babies, and murder each in His name.

Super benevolent, emphatic, and compassionate dude this God fella...

...but Satan's like no prob, I'll still punish these assholes God keeps creating.
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:39 pm
I don't know, sometimes Satan seems like the good guy. You had God enslaving two people, giving them no free will, and denying them knowledge.

Then this dude comes along and is like "yo, you totally deserve free will and knowledge. This God fella is lying to you, don't listen to him."

Of course God gets pissy about someone figuring His scam, banishes them to Earth, continues to kill off their descendants, commits mass murder with disease and natural disasters, and it all supposedly ends in a horrific genocide of all humanity. He's also a super petty dude and endorses his supporters to rape, commit incest, kill babies, and murder each in His name. All things I totally want my children to learn about. :?

...but Satan's like no prob, I'll still punish these assholes God keeps creating.
Actually, God gave humans free will but blast off. :lol:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Baldy wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:51 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:39 pm

Of course God gets pissy about someone figuring His scam, banishes them to Earth, continues to kill off their descendants, commits mass murder with disease and natural disasters, and it all supposedly ends in a horrific genocide of all humanity. He's also a super petty dude and endorses his supporters to rape, commit incest, kill babies, and murder each in His name. All things I totally want my children to learn about. :?

If God had to give it to us, it's not free will, it's God's will.
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:53 pm
Baldy wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:51 pm
If God had to give it to us, it's not free will, it's God's will.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I mean think about the implications of God giving us the freedom to commit sin. He wants us to be evil. God could teach us everything we need to know to be good in an instant, effortlessly, but this is what He wants.

I mean it's all imaginary anyways, but the lesson I learned from the Bible/Quran is that God's a dick.

edit: Jesus is pretty chill though. A bit of Stockholm syndrome involved, but a cool dude nonetheless.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:57 pm I mean think about the implications of God giving us the freedom to commit sin. He wants us to be evil. God could teach us everything we need to know to be good in an instant, effortlessly, but this is what He wants.

I mean it's all imaginary anyways, but the lesson I learned from the Bible/Quran is that God's a dick.

edit: Jesus is pretty chill though. A bit of Stockholm syndrome involved, but a cool dude nonetheless.
That's how it was supposed to be until that slut Eve came along. :ohno:

I'm as A-religious as they come, so I'm ill prepared as you can be to have a discussion about religious doctrine. However, I do remember enough from my indoctrination days that there will be a rapture and a day of judgment. That will be the time where we will all have to atone for the sins we have committed in out lifetime.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Baldy wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:24 pm I'm as A-religious as they come, so I'm ill prepared as you can be to have a discussion about religious doctrine. However, I do remember enough from my indoctrination days that there will be a rapture and a day of judgment. That will be the time where we will all have to atone for the sins we have committed in out lifetime.
Well I can't wait to party in Hell with the rest of you. :rockon:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Baldy wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:24 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:57 pm I mean think about the implications of God giving us the freedom to commit sin. He wants us to be evil. God could teach us everything we need to know to be good in an instant, effortlessly, but this is what He wants.

That's how it was supposed to be until that slut Eve came along. :ohno:

I'm as A-religious as they come, so I'm ill prepared as you can be to have a discussion about religious doctrine. However, I do remember enough from my indoctrination days that there will be a rapture and a day of judgment. That will be the time where we will all have to atone for the sins we have committed in out lifetime.
There is no such thing as the rapture. It is an invention of an 19th century uneducated Baptist traveling preacher. Catholics, Methodists, Lutheran and other mainline Christians don't believe in the rapture. Early 19th century American religion was very strange - Mormonism, Anabaptism and other sects came into being then - lots of the precursors of the modern day televangelists roaming around on horseback.
:thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

I remember the left lionizing this guy gal guy..
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -BACK.html
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:35 am I remember the left lionizing this guy gal guy..
This guy will be public enemy #1 for the Rainbow Cult.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Baldy wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:52 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:35 am I remember the left lionizing this guy gal guy..
This guy will be public enemy #1 for the Rainbow Cult.
Yep. The alphabet people/pronoun crowd are already labeling him a heretic.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Here’s a very interesting story on Musk getting booed at a Chapelle show and egotism.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:34 am Here’s a very interesting story on Musk getting booed at a Chapelle show and egotism.

They're not wrong but as usual there are 2 sides to that coin and the same lessons/warnings apply to liberals and government. To paraphrase ...

"They blame the crowd (i.e. MAGAts). Or they blame racism. Or fascism. Anything but themselves. And they never improve. They’re relegated to bringer shows and open mics. But they’re not elected officials or bureaucrats that can manipulate the media and their constituents. That’s what makes _____ so dangerous END/"

AOChe's, Bernie's, Fauxohontas' egos are just inflated as Musk's or Bezo's.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:04 am
kalm wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:34 am Here’s a very interesting story on Musk getting booed at a Chapelle show and egotism.

They're not wrong but as usual there are 2 sides to that coin and the same lessons/warnings apply to liberals and government. To paraphrase ...

"They blame the crowd (i.e. MAGAts). Or they blame racism. Or fascism. Anything but themselves. And they never improve. They’re relegated to bringer shows and open mics. But they’re not elected officials or bureaucrats that can manipulate the media and their constituents. That’s what makes _____ so dangerous END/"

AOChe's, Bernie's, Fauxohontas' egos are just inflated as Musk's or Bezo's.
Yep. It’s a very human thing. It can apply to many subsets. There is more truth telling in comedy than politics. Ability to manipulate and wield power and fame doesn’t guarantee it will be done so responsibly or in the best interests of most people.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Glad that congress passed a law for interracial marriage, but when are they going to ban putting puppies in an oven that is on?
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Pwns wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:25 am Glad that congress passed a law for interracial marriage, but when are they going to ban putting puppies in an oven that is on?
Well, if the only thing making baking puppies in an oven illegal was a Supreme Court precedent - they should probably get on it.

Hopefully, they have learned their lesson with Roe and start codifying everything that rests on a Supreme Court precedent.

And, to answer your question - they made animal cruelty a federal offense in 2019. :D
https://www.npr.org/2019/11/25/78284265 ... eral-crime
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)