UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Is Fox News, news?

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:18 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:12 am

that's a lot of word salad just to say your articles posted show a total lack of critical thought. :coffee:
It’s always better to be decisive than correct.
What's it feel like to be neither ... :-P
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:26 am
kalm wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:18 am

It’s always better to be decisive than correct.
Perfectly fine. Thank you. And you? :)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:28 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:26 am

Perfectly fine. Thank you. And you? :)
It feels very good to be both ... :kisswink:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:18 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:46 am

A) No he doesn't and he is correct.

B) What GF said

C) You're not as middle as you like to think and say you are. It was decently obvious when I first joined this board (and from your AGS posts) but you at least tried to take the middle road back then. Now that try is out the window and your cognitive bias is about as obvious as the paint scheme on your Porsche. I expect better from a graduate of the Harvard of the Palouse. :ohno: :kisswink:
Again…guilty as charged. I wandered a little right but I never lost the dirty hippie in me. It was just simmering for awhile.

But I will still suggest that 1) the middle is not a fixed position. It moves based on culture, candidate selection, and laws. 2). Americans poll left of political outcomes and both parties. (See financial regulation, drug legalization, military spending etc). 3). Comparisons to other advanced economies broadens the meaning of where the middle is at.

Cognitive bias is a nebulous term when discussing politics. Political reality is only objective when based purely on outcomes…which are manipulated by money, entrenched power, and duoply. The - where we are at currently versus the where we should be. Ideologically I suppose I’m center left within the current American system. In reality, I’m technically an Ancap. Especially according to my kids and the far left. In other terms a social libertarian. Utopically, I’m an dennision Anarcho-syndicalist.

Orwell and Alan Moore are my jam.

:mrgreen:
1) Certain Ideas are the middle and while people change, those ideas do not.

2) Highly debatable depending on how the questions are worded. Some of that is people just want to be left alone to do what they want (within reason) and the rest is due to corruption in the government/business, perceived or otherwise. Using the term "left" like you did here is a misnomer as the questions are not detailed enough to actually use the term like you did.

3) That comparison doesn't mean anything as there are no other countries in the world with our unique form of government. Apples and oranges and all that. One can make some specific comparisons on very specific topics, but not broadly due to too many differences culturally, government, etc.

Cognitive bias can be very well defined in political discourse, IMHO. The problem comes when a person is trying to define it in themselves, i.e. yourself. The rest of your paragraph just goes to show that you are a bit uncomfortable in your own political leanings and is why you keep on searching for meaning and post the articles you do. You are, IMHO, a searcher/wanderer and the search/journey defines you.

Good news is the world needs all kinds of folks. Even the wishy-washy dreamers who would rather dream and debate than do. :kisswink:

And that concludes my diagnostic analysis of a klamist. A check for $693.00 for services rendered made out to High Plains Monastery would be be perfect. :mrgreen:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:01 am

Again…guilty as charged. I wandered a little right but I never lost the dirty hippie in me. It was just simmering for awhile.

But I will still suggest that 1) the middle is not a fixed position. It moves based on culture, candidate selection, and laws. 2). Americans poll left of political outcomes and both parties. (See financial regulation, drug legalization, military spending etc). 3). Comparisons to other advanced economies broadens the meaning of where the middle is at.

Cognitive bias is a nebulous term when discussing politics. Political reality is only objective when based purely on outcomes…which are manipulated by money, entrenched power, and duoply. The - where we are at currently versus the where we should be. Ideologically I suppose I’m center left within the current American system. In reality, I’m technically an Ancap. Especially according to my kids and the far left. In other terms a social libertarian. Utopically, I’m an dennision Anarcho-syndicalist.

2) Highly debatable depending on how the questions are worded. Some of that is people just want to be left alone to do what they want (within reason) and the rest is due to corruption in the government/business, perceived or otherwise. Using the term "left" like you did here is a misnomer as the questions are not detailed enough to actually use the term like you did.

3) That comparison doesn't mean anything as there are no other countries in the world with our unique form of government. Apples and oranges and all that. One can make some specific comparisons on very specific topics, but not broadly due to too many differences culturally, government, etc.

Cognitive bias can be very well defined in political discourse, IMHO. The problem comes when a person is trying to define it in themselves, i.e. yourself. The rest of your paragraph just goes to show that you are a bit uncomfortable in your own political leanings and is why you keep on searching for meaning and post the articles you do. You are, IMHO, a searcher/wanderer and the search/journey defines you.

Good news is the world needs all kinds of folks. Even the wishy-washy dreamers who would rather dream and debate than do. :kisswink:

And that concludes my diagnostic analysis of a klamist. A check for $693.00 for services rendered made out to High Plains Monastery would be be perfect. :mrgreen:
Two brothers. Both are good wrenches. One is a doer who favors brute force. He’s more inclined to suffer through mistakes. The other is a researcher who plans thoroughly for a job before it’s tackled. He’s more inclined to suffer through delays for the sake of getting it right.

Neither are wrong. Both methods are appropriate depending on the circumstances and job.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:25 am

Two brothers. Both are good wrenches. One is a doer who favors brute force. He’s more inclined to suffer through mistakes. The other is a researcher who plans thoroughly for a job before it’s tackled. He’s more inclined to suffer through delays for the sake of getting it right.

Neither are wrong. Both methods are appropriate depending on the circumstances and job.
:nod:

It takes all kinds to make the world interesting. Life would be boring otherwise. :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:25 am

Patton was brother #1. "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan executed next week."
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

No, the middle moves, and there is no better example of that than the 1956 Republican Party platform. :nod:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:31 am

No, the middle moves, and there is no better example of that than the 1956 Republican Party platform. :nod:
Or the 2008 Democratic platform. :nod:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:13 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:31 am

Or the 2008 Democratic platform. :nod:
A simple: "You're right again as usual, Mr. Houndawg." would suffice. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:13 pm Or the 2008 Democratic platform. :nod:
It must be hard waiting and hoping for the moment when that is finally true. :D

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:53 am
houndawg wrote:
It must be hard waiting and hoping for the moment when that is finally true. :D

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
He’s nothing if not optimistic.