So, can we count globalism a failure now?

Political discussions
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

So, can we count globalism a failure now?

Post by Pwns »

Remember when we were told that places like China and Russia would become modern democracies if we just shipped enough jobs overseas and opened enough markets to them? Yeah, not only did that not happen but they're using their power and influence to literally subjugate neighbors.

Now we're not only way past the point of doing any kind of economic warfare on China on the scale of what we're doing to Russia but we also can't do so much as institute a no-fly-zone since the country we'd be working against has nuclear weapons.

So where do we go from here?

And in case anyone asks, yeah I count myself among those that got duped.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: So, can we count globalism a failure now?

Post by houndawg »

Pwns wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:26 am Remember when we were told that places like China and Russia would become modern democracies if we just shipped enough jobs overseas and opened enough markets to them? Yeah, not only did that not happen but they're using their power and influence to literally subjugate neighbors.

Now we're not only way past the point of doing any kind of economic warfare on China on the scale of what we're doing to Russia but we also can't do so much as institute a no-fly-zone since the country we'd be working against has nuclear weapons.

fight like hell to keep wages down
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:24 am
Pwns wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:26 am Remember when we were told that places like China and Russia would become modern democracies if we just shipped enough jobs overseas and opened enough markets to them? Yeah, not only did that not happen but they're using their power and influence to literally subjugate neighbors.

Says the Chinese apologist.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Yes.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Pwns wrote:Remember when we were told that places like China and Russia would become modern democracies if we just shipped enough jobs overseas and opened enough markets to them? Yeah, not only did that not happen but they're using their power and influence to literally subjugate neighbors.

Many people can be forgiven for thinking China would moderate if allowed to participate in the global markets. Deng Xiaoping was a true reformer, and IMO much more moderate than Xi Jinping.

The problem is that when it became obvious that China was not going to moderate, and in fact was going to take a nasty nationalist turn, we had pols who knew it but were still trying to eke out their last bit of cash before China became poisonous. That is purely the Clintons and then later the less talented Bidens cleaning up the scraps like hind-tit hogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:36 pm
Pwns wrote:Remember when we were told that places like China and Russia would become modern democracies if we just shipped enough jobs overseas and opened enough markets to them? Yeah, not only did that not happen but they're using their power and influence to literally subjugate neighbors.

Many people can be forgiven for thinking China would moderate if allowed to participate in the global markets. Deng Xiaoping was a true reformer, and IMO much more moderate than Xi Jinping.

The problem is that when it became obvious that China was not going to moderate, and in fact was going to take a nasty nationalist turn, we had pols who knew it but were still trying to eke out their last bit of cash before China became poisonous. That is purely the Clintons and then later the less talented Bidens cleaning up the scraps like hind-tit hogs
:nod:

This and globalization has always been about more than just China and Russia. It's about what the US has done to promote and protect commerce around the globe since WWII. It's subjective and difficult to prove but IMO it has reduced conflicts and been successful.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:48 pm
houndawg wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:24 am

Dude you've lost a step, might be time for you to step down to AGS where the pace is more suited to a fellow of your advanced mental decline. :ohno:

I'm the guy that thinks we should press forward with breaking Putin and setting Russia back about 50 years. And doing it with enough zest to make the Chinese very nervous about our bloodlust.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:43 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:48 pm

Dude you've lost a step, might be time for you to step down to AGS where the pace is more suited to a fellow of your advanced mental decline. :ohno:

I'm the guy that thinks we should press forward with breaking Putin and setting Russia back about 50 years. And doing it with enough zest to make the Chinese very nervous about our bloodlust.
And you’re a Chinese apologist. You carry their water more than LeBron.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:44 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:43 am

Bullshit. The only thing I've pointed out is the unrealisticness of getting tough with your banker. Thats why this is a golden opportunity to show China indirectly that they need to be careful about pissing us off
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:52 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:44 pm
Bullshit. The only thing I've pointed out is the unrealisticness of getting tough with your banker. Thats why this is a golden opportunity to show China indirectly that they need to be careful about pissing us off
I call bullshit on your bullshit. Your tune might have changed with Russia getting bogged down in Ukraine but you have a long history of posting about China's inevitable victory over the US and capitalism.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:58 pm

I call bullshit on your bullshit. Your tune might have changed with Russia getting bogged down in Ukraine but you have a long history of posting about China's inevitable victory over the US and capitalism.
Indeed, houndie's view to nationalize everything has always doevtailed nicely with the Chinese autocratic model. I think he's just been comfortable thinking it would take forever for China to make it to his neck of the woods so he could root for their success knowing they had bigger targets in mind.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:35 pm

Indeed, houndie's view to nationalize everything has always doevtailed nicely with the Chinese autocratic model. I think he's just been comfortable thinking it would take forever for China to make it to his neck of the woods so he could root for their success knowing they had bigger targets in mind.
Hey, what could go wrong. Look at Venezula. Largest proven oil reserves in the world..
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

That's what I still think at this point - it isn't apologizing for China its telling America whats coming. And this is a golden opportunity to have some effect on that outcome. Its critical for our future position that when this goat fuck is over the number 1 take away for China is that its much better to be friends with the US than enemies. :nod:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

:lol:

Thats what happens when you let your personal feelings do your thinking for you.....GannonFan :ohno:

Nationalizing oil would be a win for everybody but a small handful of the hyper-wealthy. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

I thought this was going to be about Orban's big win in Hungary...

...instead it's a thread about everyone calling out Houndies' fecklessness on China. :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:20 pm

Thats what happens when you let your personal feelings do your thinking for you.....GannonFan :ohno:

Nationalizing oil would be a win for everybody but a small handful of the hyper-wealthy. :coffee:
:dunce:
Again, Venezuela.
-Largest provem oil reserves in the world.
-Nationalized oil.
How’d that work out for them? :lol: :rofl:
Let me guess. It will work next time if they do it right.. :rofl:
Dementiadawg.. :rofl:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:54 pm

Again, Venezuela.
-Nationalized oil.
Mexico is doing OK. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:22 pm I thought this was going to be about Orban's big win in Hungary...

...instead it's a thread about everyone calling out Houndies' fecklessness on China. :lol:
:rofl:

Hey look over there! Says the guy caught sucking Russian dick. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:57 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:54 pm
Again, Venezuela.
-Nationalized oil.
Yeah, doing so great people are fleeing crime amd poverty in Mexico, pouring across the US border by the millions.

But keep it up trying to tout the successes of nationalization :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:59 pm
SDHornet wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:22 pm I thought this was going to be about Orban's big win in Hungary...

:rofl:

Hey look over there! Says the guy caught sucking Russian dick. :coffee:
Says the guy sucking Chinese dick. :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes. The millions and millions of stockholders wouldn’t be impacted at all. Typical lefty—no concept of what their grandiose ideas would actually cause.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:20 am

Yes. The millions and millions of stockholders wouldn’t be impacted at all. Typical lefty—no concept of what their grandiose ideas would actually cause.
Poor ol’ Houndy was showing some promise in the Ukraine thread. Now he’s reverted to form.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:39 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:57 pm

Yeah, doing so great people are fleeing crime amd poverty in Mexico, pouring across the US border by the millions.

But keep it up trying to tout the successes of nationalization :lol:
This is related to nationalizing energy how?

BDMBFK :ohno:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:20 am

Theyd be paying less at the pump. :thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

I think it’s wonderful that so many now side with the WTO protestors from the 90’s and Bernie Sanders.

Ancaps are better than tankies at least.

:clap: