Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: MAGAt Squad gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:59 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:23 pm

Believe me, I get it, Mr. Snarky response. :sarcasm: :licker: I get what Cid is saying about there not being a higher court to check the SCOTUS(though, there are 2 other branches of Gov't). It somewhat makes sense but I can't help but think it's mostly politics. Did they give 2 shits about her pedo sentencing in 2021? But now it's such a problem that they don't trust her judgement.

It's politics and that's enough reason why people are for something one day and then against it later. :twocents:
Coming from the CS master of snarky responses (witness your repeated jousts with BDK), I suppose I should wear your comment as a badge of honor!
You should. :kisswink:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:35 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:12 pm
She must have gotten a spot in his Binders Full of Women.
You owe me a keyboard, you bastard. :lol: Just spit up hot coffee all over myself.
Who said I don’t have a sense of humor..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:05 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:35 pm

You owe me a keyboard, you bastard. :lol: Just spit up hot coffee all over myself.
Who said I don’t have a sense of humor..
It's nuanced...like Kalm. :mrgreen:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:54 am CID is absolutely correct. This isn’t the first time Senators have changed their votes on an appellate judge who was later nominated to the SCOTUS. Neil Gorsuch was confirmed to the Tenth Circuit by a unanimous voice vote. Ten years later, he got 45 negative votes for the SCOTUS. Do you want other examples?
Believe me, I get it, Mr. Snarky response. :sarcasm: :licker: I get what Cid is saying about there not being a higher court to check the SCOTUS(though, there are 2 other branches of Gov't). It somewhat makes sense but I can't help but think it's mostly politics. Did they give 2 shits about her pedo sentencing in 2021? But now it's such a problem that they don't trust her judgement.

It's politics and that's enough reason why people are for something one day and then against it later. :twocents:
I don’t think they question her judgment more than they do her philosophy and intent.

From Lindsey’s line of questioning I got the impression that although she is qualified on paper for the job, he did not think she was candid. That would be reason enough for me to vote no. One Sotomayor on the court is enough. When she turns out to be Sotomayor #2, Lindsey can say he smelled the rat and didn’t vote to confirm her. TBH, I find Lindsey’s choice at least marginally more defensible than Mitt’s. I have no idea about why Romney voted yes.

But of course there are politics involved. Once it became clear that the nomination had enough votes for confirmation, that cleared the way for vulnerable Senators to shore up their base credentials by voting no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:19 am
Ibanez wrote:

I don’t think they question her judgment more than they do her philosophy and intent.

From Lindsey’s line of questioning I got the impression that although she is qualified on paper for the job, he did not think she was candid. That would be reason enough for me to vote no. One Sotomayor on the court is enough. When she turns out to be Sotomayor #2, Lindsey can say he smelled the rat and didn’t vote to confirm her. TBH, I find Lindsey’s choice at least marginally more defensible than Mitt’s. I have no idea about why Romney voted yes.

But of course there are politics involved. Once it became clear that the nomination had enough votes for confirmation, that cleared the way for vulnerable Senators to shore up their base credentials by voting no.

He'll be the "uniter". A sensible choice to help overcome the "partisan" political chasm. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote:

Who is Romney worried about in Utah? Evan McMullin? :lol:

For a guy who once called himself “severely conservative,” Mitt sure has pulled a 180.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:10 am

For a guy who once called himself “severely conservative,” Mitt sure has pulled a 180.
Surprisingly Romney isn’t the only squishy conk in UT. Remember the conk UT gov vetoed a bill to protect women’s sports. His veto was overturned by the legislature. Now this.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:51 am

Surprisingly Romney isn’t the only squishy conk in UT. Remember the conk UT gov vetoed a bill to protect women’s sports. His veto was overturned by the legislature. Now this.
So cancel him?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:57 am
So cancel him?
Well, if I was a Utahan, I wouldn’t vote for him. No real conk uses ‘preferred pronouns’.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:19 am I don’t think they question her judgment more than they do her philosophy and intent.

He'll be the "uniter". A sensible choice to help overcome the "partisan" political chasm. :coffee:
That’s still hard to reconcile given his yea vote on her for the circuit court

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:01 pm
houndawg wrote:

*nay
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:01 pm That’s still hard to reconcile given his yea vote on her for the circuit court

*nay
stupid thumbs

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:01 pm
houndawg wrote:

What else it could be other than an attempt to position himself as the moderate in '24?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

:rofl: what a snowflake.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

January 6 wasn't a big deal because it only happened one time? It was an attack on our Capitol and an attempt to subvert an election.

Her question about what is happening to the AnTiFa rioters is one that deserves an answer.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:42 pm
Olbermann is :dunce: . She’s obviously rederring to ‘our’ southern border..
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:45 pm
I don’t know. If I lived in tennessee I’d want a wall between us and Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi too….
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

She specifically said Tennesseans and left out "USA's" in describing our southern border. Either she's a moron or her English skills are extremely poor.

And don't kid yourself, if Ilhan Omar had said something similar you'd be trumpeting some right-wingers response about her southern border being with Iowa.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:07 pm
She specifically said Tennesseans and left out "USA's" in describing our southern border. Either she's a moron or her English skills are extremely poor.

And don't kid yourself, if Ilhan Omar had said something similar you'd be trumpeting some right-wingers response about her southern border being with Iowa.
It is Twatter, poor english skills are the norm, not the exception.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

And the alternative title track…

https://youtube.com/shorts/2zpCBIHmk_A?feature=share
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:07 pm She specifically said Tennesseans and left out "USA's" in describing our southern border. Either she's a moron or her English skills are extremely poor.

It is Twatter, poor english skills are the norm, not the exception.
So she's in MENSA. Did she attend Illinois State too? Or maybe it was JMU ... ;)

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Surprising there aren't a lot more of them actually given their fairly recent first-hand experiences with persecution
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:07 pm

Remember "...the whole damn island gonna tip over..." ? BDHFWT is still getting mileage out of that one :coffee: