I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: MAGAt Squad gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:58 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:18 pm

I beginning to question your sobriety.
And I’m beginning to question your grasp of the English language. :lol:
Beginning? I’ve questioned it for years.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:09 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:52 pm GOP Candidate Backed by Party Leadership Said Merrick Garland Should ‘Probably Be Executed’

What rocks do they find these candidates under and in what part of civilized society are these kinds of comments acceptable?
It isn't acceptable at all, but that only depends on who's making those comments.
I don't think you saw one ounce of ink spilled by Rollling Stone condemning Hollywood Leftists when they were making 'award winning' movies about assassinating Bush 20 years ago. :coffee:
....read RS often do you? :rofl:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

houndawg wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:39 pm
Baldy wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:09 pm
It isn't acceptable at all, but that only depends on who's making those comments.
I don't think you saw one ounce of ink spilled by Rollling Stone condemning Hollywood Leftists when they were making 'award winning' movies about assassinating Bush 20 years ago. :coffee:
Probably more often than you do. :nod:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:42 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:39 pm

Probably more often than you do. :nod:
that wouldn't be hard
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Marjorie Taylor Greene says a GOP-led House will investigate companies that stopped donating to Republicans after the Capitol riot
Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene said on Wednesday that if the GOP wins a majority in Congress, it will investigate companies that stopped donating to them after the Capitol riot.
"There is going to be investigations coming," Greene added. "And there should be. There definitely should be, because the way corporations have conducted themselves, I've always called it corporate communism."
The January 6 Congressional investigation is/was a hatchet job but this makes sense?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:42 pm Marjorie Taylor Greene says a GOP-led House will investigate companies that stopped donating to Republicans after the Capitol riot
Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene said on Wednesday that if the GOP wins a majority in Congress, it will investigate companies that stopped donating to them after the Capitol riot.
"There is going to be investigations coming," Greene added. "And there should be. There definitely should be, because the way corporations have conducted themselves, I've always called it corporate communism."
The January 6 Congressional investigation is/was a hatchet job but this makes sense?
Oh, no doubt the GOP will be going down quite a few rabbit holes when they take over the House after this election. Just like the Dems, the GOP will do whatever it takes to fumble their electoral success. It's a weird feature of our two-party system, both parties can't handle success. The cynic in me would say it's because most of the time it's not really success, but more so the other party's failure.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

It's gerrymandering. Much of the House is divided into districts that are solidly either red or blue. The chance of losing to the opposing party is slim. The chance of being primaried if you are not extreme enough is your main obstacle.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:19 pm It's gerrymandering. Much of the House is divided into districts that are solidly either red or blue. The chance of losing to the opposing party is slim. The chance of being primaried if you are not extreme enough is your main obstacle.
Indeed. The number of competitive districts maybe 10 years ago was in the 90-100 range (out of the 435). Now it's likely more in the range of 30 competitive districts. Blue districts got bluer, red districts got redder, and you're right, the tendency to go to the extremes is far too prevalent now. Hence the whack-jobs we see on both sides of the aisle in far too many numbers.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:19 pm It's gerrymandering. Much of the House is divided into districts that are solidly either red or blue. The chance of losing to the opposing party is slim. The chance of being primaried if you are not extreme enough is your main obstacle.
:nod: That's how we end up with whackadoodles like MTG, AOChe, Boebert, Omar, Gaetz, Bush, etc. And it's why I wonder if the way Alaska handles elections is better.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:27 pm
Indeed. The number of competitive districts maybe 10 years ago was in the 90-100 range (out of the 435). Now it's likely more in the range of 30 competitive districts. Blue districts got bluer, red districts got redder, and you're right, the tendency to go to the extremes is far too prevalent now. Hence the whack-jobs we see on both sides of the aisle in far too many numbers.
I’ve seen projection for conk pickups in the House from anywhere from 15 to 40 seats, which means at least 40 have to be competitive..

538 which you touted a couple days ago (yeah I bad mouthed) lists 197 solid red, 164 solid blue, which leaves 74 competitve.
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... ast/house/
Cook lists 86 competive seats (scroll down)
https://www.cookpolitical.com/ratings/h ... ce-ratings
270towin lists 96 competitive seats.
https://www.270towin.com/2022-house-ele ... -districts

While all those projections might be high, the number of competitive seats is certainly a good bit more than 30..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

He was a national security advisor and a general. Let alone a grown adult in his 60’s. Bat shit crazy transcends crazy uncle at thanksgiving.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

We have a spat ...

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

I will never listen to Rafael Omleda.

I also would happily go to a WEF meeting. Granted I think they are full of it, but I will never turn down the option for free food and drinks.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

'Stop With The Stupid': Ex-RNC Chair Fact-Checks Marjorie Taylor Greene On Debt
“I for one will not sign a clean bill raising the debt limit,” Greene insisted during a Fox News interview.

House members do not “sign” bills, as MSNBC’s Stephanie Ruhle pointed out on Wednesday night, causing Steele to erupt.
Steele took Greene to school:

“If you understand how this works, Marjorie, then you know that this is about bills that have already been created, not new spending. So this is not a spending question. This is just paying the damn credit card of the country for the $8 trillion your president ran up between 2016 and 2020. So stop with the stupid.”
Asking MTG to stop with the stupid is like asking the sun to stop rising in the east.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

I say let the default happen and prove how stupid the notion is it would bring down the US economy (and thus the world economy).

The US is the most influential country economically and we can default whenever we damn well please.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:51 pm I say let the default happen and prove how stupid the notion is it would bring down the US economy (and thus the world economy).

The US is the most influential country economically and we can default whenever we damn well please.
It won’t “bring it down” but do you think think there will be no negative effects? Is the debt an illusion?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:17 pm
Pwns wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:51 pm I say let the default happen and prove how stupid the notion is it would bring down the US economy (and thus the world economy).

It won’t “bring it down” but do you think think there will be no negative effects? Is the debt an illusion?
It appears to be to Congress.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:08 pm 'Stop With The Stupid': Ex-RNC Chair Fact-Checks Marjorie Taylor Greene On Debt
“I for one will not sign a clean bill raising the debt limit,” Greene insisted during a Fox News interview.

House members do not “sign” bills, as MSNBC’s Stephanie Ruhle pointed out on Wednesday night, causing Steele to erupt.
Steele took Greene to school:

“If you understand how this works, Marjorie, then you know that this is about bills that have already been created, not new spending. So this is not a spending question. This is just paying the damn credit card of the country for the $8 trillion your president ran up between 2016 and 2020. So stop with the stupid.”
Asking MTG to stop with the stupid is like asking the sun to stop rising in the east.
Steele took Green to school. :roll:
Paying the "credit card of the country for the $8 trillion your president ran up between 2016 and 2020. So stop with the stupid.”
Wrong. Its paying the credit card of the 4 trillion Biden has just run up in 2 years.

Its also paying for funding this Congress didn't approve. And it absolutely is a spending question- Debt is all about spending.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Yep. The US WILL at sometime default or hyper inflate. Current:
Tax revenue: 4.6+ trillion
Spending: 6+ trillion
Nat (federal) Debt: 31.5 trillion
GDP: 26 trillion
National debt to GDP ratio: 120+%. (Was under 60% in 2000).
https://www.usdebtclock.org/
Impossible to pay down, and when the debt to GDP ratio gets up to closer to 200% (current trajectory by late 2030s), will be impossible to pay the interest and everything else, the bubble will burst, and it will be either default or hyper inflate.
The US will go on. Just will be a generational economic reset akin to a several decade recession.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:58 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:08 pm 'Stop With The Stupid': Ex-RNC Chair Fact-Checks Marjorie Taylor Greene On Debt

Steele took Green to school. :roll:
Paying the "credit card of the country for the $8 trillion your president ran up between 2016 and 2020. So stop with the stupid.”
Wrong. Its paying the credit card of the 4 trillion Biden has just run up in 2 years.

Its also paying for funding this Congress didn't approve. And it absolutely is a spending question- Debt is all about spending.
Debt is also about revenue. Two Santa Claus Theory.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I wasn’t aware of the great leftist meow conspiracy.

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:59 am I wasn’t aware of the great leftist meow conspiracy.

It's not just meows. :lol:

Leftists are just weird strange people. :nod:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:02 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:59 am I wasn’t aware of the great leftist meow conspiracy.

It's not just meows. :lol:

Leftists are just weird strange people. :nod:

Ooof!

:lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »