Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: MAGAt Squad gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:46 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:47 pm

She'd man handle Kristol. You see her do those 10 palm forward pull ups when visiting the Marines? Snap AOC in half as a warm up.
Any Republican can do that shit when they're freshly watered. Wait until she hasn't been watered for a week and then see how she does. :coffee:
Houndie's afraid of a strong woman! She'd beat you down boy.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:14 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:46 am

Any Republican can do that shit when they're freshly watered. Wait until she hasn't been watered for a week and then see how she does. :coffee:
Houndie's afraid of a strong woman! She'd beat you down boy.
Not a problem. I'll give her the E-ticket for Uncle Houndawg's Rodeo of Love and she'll be baking cookies and cleaning house and watching Pati's Mexican Kitchen for something to fix me for supper. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Anything said by Madison Cawthorn (the guy NC Congressman with a girl’s name) is cringeworthy.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:17 am Anything said by Madison Cawthorn (the guy NC Congressman with a girl’s name) is cringeworthy.
But he was invited to an orgy!
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:12 am
Ivytalk wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:17 am Anything said by Madison Cawthorn (the guy NC Congressman with a girl’s name) is cringeworthy.
But he was invited to an orgy!
Umm, yeahhh….Now, where are those TPS reports?
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:Anything said by Madison Cawthorn (the guy NC Congressman with a girl’s name) is cringeworthy.
I just looked this guy up and all I can say is WTF?

How the hell does this guy even get elected? His only experience at anything is being on Meadows’ staff. I get that he’s from a reliably red district, but surely there are better candidates. Hopefully one will primary his ass out of there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Anyone heard from Louie Gohmert lately?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:59 am
Ivytalk wrote:Anything said by Madison Cawthorn (the guy NC Congressman with a girl’s name) is cringeworthy.
I just looked this guy up and all I can say is WTF?

How the hell does this guy even get elected? His only experience at anything is being on Meadows’ staff. I get that he’s from a reliably red district, but surely there are better candidates. Hopefully one will primary his ass out of there.

He is atrocious. Republicans are going to primary against him but they need to coalesce around someone instead of 6 on 1.

Oh, and according to Kevin McCarthy, he lied about the orgy and cocaine. What a tool. :ohno: :ohno:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:59 am I just looked this guy up and all I can say is WTF?

He is atrocious. Republicans are going to primary against him but they need to coalesce around someone instead of 6 on 1.

Oh, and according to Kevin McCarthy, he lied about the orgy and cocaine. What a tool. :ohno: :ohno:
He's a twat.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:21 pm
Ibanez wrote:

He's a twat.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
He may be a twat but he's the norm for today's GOP and his views are the views of the majority of the GOP.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

I heard her buddy Matt Gaetz is as well.

:dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
Last edited by UNI88 on Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Duplicate post.
Last edited by UNI88 on Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:49 am

:roll: Again - the GOP singled out lighter sentences and ignored her more heavy handed ones.

Also - so many Republicans voted for Jackson last year and NOW they have a problem with her. :lol: Political hypocrisy is the worst.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:05 am

:roll: Again - the GOP singled out lighter sentences and ignored her more heavy handed ones.

Also - so many Republicans voted for Jackson last year and NOW they have a problem with her. :lol: Political hypocrisy is the worst.
The interesting thing is that MTG is more pro-pedophile then Collins, Romney or Murkowski.

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:

Im ok with someone voting for her for the circuit and the not voting for her for SCOTUS. They are not the same thing.

I think the concern was that although she gave some lip service to originalism in her confirmation, she was not convincing that she would not be another Sotomayor. As a judge in the DC circuit, there is still a higher court that can regulate that brand of “work backwards from the desired result” jurisprudence. On SCOTUS, there is nobody upstairs to moderate that.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:36 am
Ibanez wrote:

Im ok with someone voting for her for the circuit and the not voting for her for SCOTUS. They are not the same thing.

I think the concern was that although she gave some lip service to originalism in her confirmation, she was not convincing that she would not be another Sotomayor. As a judge in the DC circuit, there is still a higher court that can regulate that brand of “work backwards from the desired result” jurisprudence. On SCOTUS, there is nobody upstairs to moderate that.

It's still a judicial appointment. Suddenly she isn't good enough b/c of the importance of the post makes for a lousy argument, IMO. I hope Childs gets an upgrade, got to do something for Lady G.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:40 am
CID1990 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:36 am

It's still a judicial appointment. Suddenly she isn't good enough b/c of the importance of the post makes for a lousy argument, IMO. I hope Childs gets an upgrade, got to do something for Lady G.
CID is absolutely correct. This isn’t the first time Senators have changed their votes on an appellate judge who was later nominated to the SCOTUS. Neil Gorsuch was confirmed to the Tenth Circuit by a unanimous voice vote. Ten years later, he got 45 negative votes for the SCOTUS. Do you want other examples?
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

What's really stupid is Romney voted against her for appeals court but will now vote for her for SCOTUS. :dunce: :dunce:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:55 am

What's really stupid is Romney voted against her for appeals court but will now vote for her for SCOTUS. :dunce: :dunce:
That is a head-scratcher. Sounds like Mitt might be heading in the “Benedict Jeffords” direction.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

She must have gotten a spot in his Binders Full of Women.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:54 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:40 am

CID is absolutely correct. This isn’t the first time Senators have changed their votes on an appellate judge who was later nominated to the SCOTUS. Neil Gorsuch was confirmed to the Tenth Circuit by a unanimous voice vote. Ten years later, he got 45 negative votes for the SCOTUS. Do you want other examples?
Believe me, I get it, Mr. Snarky response. :sarcasm: :licker: I get what Cid is saying about there not being a higher court to check the SCOTUS(though, there are 2 other branches of Gov't). It somewhat makes sense but I can't help but think it's mostly politics. Did they give 2 shits about her pedo sentencing in 2021? But now it's such a problem that they don't trust her judgement.

It's politics and that's enough reason why people are for something one day and then against it later. :twocents:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Did he really?! :lol: What was his objection to her the first time?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:12 pm

She must have gotten a spot in his Binders Full of Women.
You owe me a keyboard, you bastard. :lol: Just spit up hot coffee all over myself.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:23 pm

Believe me, I get it, Mr. Snarky response. :sarcasm: :licker: I get what Cid is saying about there not being a higher court to check the SCOTUS(though, there are 2 other branches of Gov't). It somewhat makes sense but I can't help but think it's mostly politics. Did they give 2 shits about her pedo sentencing in 2021? But now it's such a problem that they don't trust her judgement.

It's politics and that's enough reason why people are for something one day and then against it later. :twocents:
Coming from the CS master of snarky responses (witness your repeated jousts with BDK), I suppose I should wear your comment as a badge of honor!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:23 pm

Politics is also what made Amy Coney Barrett get Democratic votes when she was confirmed to the Appellate Court and then just a couple of years later became the first judge since the turn of the century (the other century) to not get any votes from the minority party in the Senate. It's just what happens in politics.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation