Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2022 Elections Thread

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:03 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:05 am

This is the 2nd time you’ve posted this. What expense, precisely, is the Fed enduring here? In fact its the other way around, the states (TX, AZ, FL) should BILL the feds for the expense of shipping these illegals out.
One sign of dementia. People repeat themselves.
Like tits on a bull.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:05 am
This is the 2nd time you’ve posted this. What expense, precisely, is the Fed enduring here? In fact its the other way around, the states (TX, AZ, FL) should BILL the feds for the expense of shipping these illegals out.
That explains why trump keeps saying the election was stolen ... :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:38 pm
That explains why trump keeps saying the election was stolen ... :D
I’m talking about back to back sentences (ie in the same 5 or so seconds)..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:20 pm
Winterborn wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:14 pm

I think Chicago didn't even wait that long and did it on the second bus load.
And its already rattling them.

The strategy by Abbott, Ducy, and now Desantis is fooking brilliant. And other conk govs should join in. Just keep sending them.. :nod:
You're sounding desperate for attention again BDFKWT :ohno:

Big nothingburger here, just shift money from TX to MA to cover the costs. Couldn't be more simple.....hell, its even more simple than you. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

What we have is a Federal created crisis thrust upon localities. Why should border states be on the hook when other communities have offered by declaring themselves as sanctuaries?
Immigrants say they are coming because of Joe Biden. They are thanking DeSantis/Abbott for sending them to Massachusetts.

Make the border what the Border czar Harris and the President’s mouthpiece says it is, secure. When reality matches the Democratic propaganda, red states will relax.

Just make the border as secure as Biden’s beach home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:52 am
SDHornet wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:53 pm

There's going to be 87k more IRS agents to hurt them where it matters most. :coffee:
long overdue for the freeloaders but they still need to make examples of a few of the worst offenders. Do that and watch the problem shrink - of course then you need to find somebody else to demonize :coffee:
I have no problem jailing folks that employ illegal labor...

...of course the fed in all its brilliance will target the guy hiring an illegal in front of a Home Depot for a weekend job around the yard instead of the heads of the large businesses that are the worst offenders...so there's that...
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

LeadBolt wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:45 am What we have is a Federal created crisis thrust upon localities. Why should border states be on the hook when other communities have offered by declaring themselves as sanctuaries?
Immigrants say they are coming because of Joe Biden. They are thanking DeSantis/Abbott for sending them to Massachusetts.

Make the border what the Border czar Harris and the President’s mouthpiece says it is, secure. When reality matches the Democratic propaganda, red states will relax.

Exactly.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:00 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:20 pm
And its already rattling them.

The strategy by Abbott, Ducy, and now Desantis is fooking brilliant. And other conk govs should join in. Just keep sending them.. :nod:

Big nothingburger here, just shift money from TX to MA to cover the costs. Couldn't be more simple.....hell, its even more simple than you. :coffee:
Third time’s the charm, eh? You keep repeating this doesn’t make it true. Or relevant.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:33 pm
LeadBolt wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:45 am What we have is a Federal created crisis thrust upon localities. Why should border states be on the hook when other communities have offered by declaring themselves as sanctuaries?

Exactly.
Yep. Every city (and in some cases states) that declare themselves sanctuary cities sbould be flooded with illegals to the max extent possible. And they would have no grounds to complain.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:37 am
houndawg wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:00 am

Third time’s the charm, eh? You keep repeating this doesn’t make it true. Or relevant.
Give him a break. He can’t remember what he said the day before.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:45 am
SDHornet wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:33 pm

Exactly.
Yep. Every city (and in some cases states) that declare themselves sanctuary cities sbould be flooded with illegals to the max extent possible. And they would have no grounds to complain.
They're already there babysitting your Congressman's kids. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

How many of you have two gigantic ten mansions?
:? :suspicious:

A speech of stuttering 3-5 word sentences. Someone needs to take the microphone from the retarded kid.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

50 days…
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:00 pm

A speech of stuttering 3-5 word sentences. Someone needs to take the microphone from the retarded kid.
I thought the clown analogy was the real low point.

My vote for Senator is clearly in play. No way I'm voting for Mastriani, so I'm definitely voting for Shapiro for governor. But I've yet to hear anything from Fetterman other than where Oz lives. I'm a fan of criminal justice reform but I would like to hear a cogent view from Fetterman on how to do that without causing public safety to crater. I don't think that's going to come up when he just talks about how rich Oz is.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

New evidence shows GOP’s Trump problem may be getting worse
Trump remains overwhelmingly popular among Republican voters, but he’s just as unpopular with Democrats, and there is a growing body of evidence that he is losing more support from independent swing voters as he grapples with a slew of investigations.
And in another indictment of Trump’s standing with moderate voters, a New York Times-Siena survey conducted earlier in September found him trailing President Biden in a hypothetical rematch by 3 percentage points, despite just 39 percent of independents in that poll saying they approve of Biden’s job performance.
Not the most unbiased source but I think the point is accurate. trump's appeal with independent voters is dropping (and his MAGAts are more desparate in their defense/deflection). Add that to the abortion impact and the conks are in for a tougher fight than expected to win Congressional seats.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:00 pm

I guess banning him from Twitter wasn't enoughto make him stop :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:03 am New evidence shows GOP’s Trump problem may be getting worse
Trump remains overwhelmingly popular among Republican voters, but he’s just as unpopular with Democrats, and there is a growing body of evidence that he is losing more support from independent swing voters as he grapples with a slew of investigations.
And in another indictment of Trump’s standing with moderate voters, a New York Times-Siena survey conducted earlier in September found him trailing President Biden in a hypothetical rematch by 3 percentage points, despite just 39 percent of independents in that poll saying they approve of Biden’s job performance.
Not the most unbiased source but I think the point is accurate. trump's appeal with independent voters is dropping (and his MAGAts are more desparate in their defense/deflection). Add that to the abortion impact and the conks are in for a tougher fight than expected to win Congressional seats.
I bet theres some conks candidates that don't have warm feelings for Sammy "the Weasel" Alito... :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:52 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:00 pm :? :suspicious:

My vote for Senator is clearly in play. No way I'm voting for Mastriani, so I'm definitely voting for Shapiro for governor. But I've yet to hear anything from Fetterman other than where Oz lives. I'm a fan of criminal justice reform but I would like to hear a cogent view from Fetterman on how to do that without causing public safety to crater. I don't think that's going to come up when he just talks about how rich Oz is.
What is the diet pill quack saying? Not hearing anything from him lately :?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

If you're waiting to hear a cogent ANYTHING from Fetterman it's gonna be a long wait. :rofl: :rofl: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:18 am

He's been far more vocal lately, and more of a presence with campaign ads. I think his main push lately has been going after Fetterman's approach to reducing prison sentences, and focusing on the more violent ones. Might work. Krasner's the DA in Philly right now and he's made criminal justice reform a huge part of his mandate. While Krasner's been electable he's also had the issue like other inner cities with the substantial rise in crime, including violent crime, that has gone along with his reforms. I'm looking for someone who can articulate how we can make those needed reforms while not sending the wrong message out that crime is okay or won't be prosecuted.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:01 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:18 am

He's been far more vocal lately, and more of a presence with campaign ads. I think his main push lately has been going after Fetterman's approach to reducing prison sentences, and focusing on the more violent ones. Might work. Krasner's the DA in Philly right now and he's made criminal justice reform a huge part of his mandate. While Krasner's been electable he's also had the issue like other inner cities with the substantial rise in crime, including violent crime, that has gone along with his reforms. I'm looking for someone who can articulate how we can make those needed reforms while not sending the wrong message out that crime is okay or won't be prosecuted.
:rofl:

Of course
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:03 am New evidence shows GOP’s Trump problem may be getting worse
Meh, 1 national poll. Others have said different.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7383.html
But the national polls don’t matter. Its the 6-7 swing state polls that matter. And we are over 2 years away. Either Trump, or Biden, could have a serious health issue or be dead by them, or Biden, who will be 82 by then, could be down to mumbling incoherently by then (worse than he is now). He is only going to get worse. The recession could get a lot worse, etc, etc.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:38 pm

But the national polls don’t matter. Its the 6-7 swing state polls that matter. And we are over 2 years away. Either Trump, or Biden, could have a serious health issue or be dead by them, or Biden, who will be 82 by then, could be down to mumbling incoherently by then (worse than he is now). He is only going to get worse. The recession could get a lot worse, etc, etc.
Reading comprehension is fundamental. This is the 2022 Elections thread. I posted because of the impact of trump (and abortion) on control of the House and Senate from 2023-2024.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:54 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:38 pm
Reading comprehension is fundamental. This is the 2022 Elections thread. I posted because of the impact of trump (and abortion) on control of the House and Senate from 2023-2024.
:suspicious: You literally quoted a poll of Brandon v Trump 2024.
UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:03 am...And in another indictment of Trump’s standing with moderate voters, a New York Times-Siena survey conducted earlier in September found him trailing President Biden in a hypothetical rematch by 3 percentage points, despite just 39 percent of independents in that poll saying they approve of Biden’s job performance.
If you don’t want to talk about 2024 in the 2022 thread, then don’t bring up 2024 in the 2022 thread. So yeah, reading is fundamental.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Interesting thread.