Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2022 Elections Thread

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:11 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:27 pm

Are you comparing the Trump family to the BLM movement?
The trump family and the heads of the BLM organization are all grifters.
Yes. And that’s where the scenarios stop.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:06 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:11 pm
The trump family and the heads of the BLM organization are all grifters.
Why? They're both preying on people who want to make America a better place.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:26 am
kalm wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:06 am

Ok not completely stop :mrgreen: but BDK’s attempt to compare the Trump Crime Family’s legal issues and the BLM Crime Family’s falls a little flat.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:44 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:29 pm

Bullshit, when they had the capitol steps lined with armored up riot cops when they thought that BLM was going top show up weeks before Jan 6. :coffee:

Still get a chuckle out two groups of Trump voters beating the fuck out of each othe because the cops weren't ready because they thoght they were among friends. :notworthy:

Thats just irony on a cosmic scale and so few seem to appreciate it.......
Wrong, the Capitol Police aren’t part of the DOJ :dunce: . I know you’re slow, but do try and keep up. After a whole summer of nationwide BLM riots, DOJ did nothing. After 2 years of massive BLM fraud & tax noncompliance DOJ has done nothing. DOJ has done nothing about BLM..
whooooosh goes the point that both groups present on Jan 6 were loaded with trump supporters (and cops!) and just beating the fuck out of each other was the such amazing irony....so sad.....BDMBFK... :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:41 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:28 am

Surely Durham was on that like a chicken on a june bug - oh wait must have been someone else, Durham was the guy that whiffed on ...what was it was after anyway? So hard to keep track of these Keystone Kop Klones :ohno:
I'm not sure how much incriminating evidence is on the laptop, if any. I'm mainly talking about recording himself with no clothes on talking to a Russian hooker. Or even him doing crack on video, etc, etc...

The sort of stuff 98% of Americans would be mortified to have out in the public eye. Personally embarrassing.

Why would a person record that shit? :lol:

My father and I had discussions YEARS ago about not putting anything out there you wouldn't want seen by others. Long before social media and cell phones with great cameras. Hunter seemed to have skipped that talk with his father.
Thats odd, you're usually quite sure of stuff you don't have the facts on :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:00 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:41 am

I'm not sure how much incriminating evidence is on the laptop, if any. I'm mainly talking about recording himself with no clothes on talking to a Russian hooker. Or even him doing crack on video, etc, etc...

The sort of stuff 98% of Americans would be mortified to have out in the public eye. Personally embarrassing.

Why would a person record that shit? :lol:

My father and I had discussions YEARS ago about not putting anything out there you wouldn't want seen by others. Long before social media and cell phones with great cameras. Hunter seemed to have skipped that talk with his father.
Thats odd, you're usually quite sure of stuff you don't have the facts on :lol:
:lol:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:56 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:44 pm
Wrong, the Capitol Police aren’t part of the DOJ :dunce: . I know you’re slow, but do try and keep up. After a whole summer of nationwide BLM riots, DOJ did nothing. After 2 years of massive BLM fraud & tax noncompliance DOJ has done nothing. DOJ has done nothing about BLM..
whooooosh goes the point that both groups present on Jan 6 were loaded with trump supporters (and cops!) and just beating the fuck out of each other was the such amazing irony....so sad.....BDMBFK... :ohno:
Lol you’re the one who tried to claim that the DOJ was anti BLM, and used as an example of that an agemcy that’s not part of the DOJ. :dunce:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:36 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:26 am

Ok not completely stop :mrgreen: but BDK’s attempt to compare the Trump Crime Family’s legal issues and the BLM Crime Family’s falls a little flat.
The biggest differences between the trump Family and the BLM "family" is scope of their grifts and how long they've been running them for. The BLM family hasn't been around long so their grift is pretty narrow while trump's marks include everything from subcontractors, banks and adoring supporters.

Give those BLMarxists time, maybe they'll expand their criminal enterprise.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:44 am

The biggest differences between the trump Family and the BLM "family" is scope of their grifts and how long they've been running them for. The BLM family hasn't been around long so their grift is pretty narrow while trump's marks include everything from subcontractors, banks and adoring supporters.

Well that and the whole former President and remaining titular head of a major party and subversion of democracy things.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:21 am
houndawg wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:56 am

Lol you’re the one who tried to claim that the DOJ was anti BLM, and used as an example of that an agemcy that’s not part of the DOJ. :dunce:
:?

wtf are you even talking about?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:14 pm

Well that and the whole former President and remaining titular head of a major party and subversion of democracy things.
How does that compare to the Obama crime family's subversion of democracy in ordering surveillance and investigation of an opposition campaign? Or the Clinton crime family, Abrams crime family and Jeffries crime family''s subversions of democracy by denying the outcome of legitimate elections. Oh and the DOJ crime family's subversion of democracy by sweeping a potential legal issue under the rug so that it wouldn't impact an election?

If you're going to continue to parrot the same trump malfeasance at me, I'm going to continue to compare them to opposition's extremely similar malfeasance.

Both parties suck. Neither is noticeably better than the other.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:25 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:14 pm

How does that compare to the Obama crime family's subversion of democracy in ordering surveillance and investigation of an opposition campaign? Or the Clinton crime family, Abrams crime family and Jeffries crime family''s subversions of democracy by denying the outcome of legitimate elections. Oh and the DOJ crime family's subversion of democracy by sweeping a potential legal issue under the rug so that it wouldn't impact an election?

If you're going to continue to parrot the same trump malfeasance at me, I'm going to continue to compare them to opposition's extremely similar malfeasance.

Both parties suck. Neither is noticeably better than the other.
Well they’re all different. It would be lazy to assume otherwise. BDK was the one doing the comparing. I didn’t parrot at you. You chose to join the fray.

FTR both parties DO suck. I’m guessing you and I may not agree on all the reasons why. :mrgreen:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

:nod:

Best capitalists on the planet are commies (China) and muslims (Saudi Arabia). :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:48 am

Best capitalists on the planet are commies (China) and muslims (Saudi Arabia). :coffee:

And drug dealers.

(Channeling D1B)
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:53 am
houndawg wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:48 am

And drug dealers.

(Channeling D1B)
Tell that fucker he's lucky its me he owes for the weed and not MBS.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

And he’s been in the hospital since Wed for undisclosed reasons. Before going in he wasn’t doing interviews with reporters because he can’t string together 2 complete sentences, and can’t do anything wothout a closed captioning system. .
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:56 am
And he’s been in the hospital since Wed for undisclosed reasons. Before going in he wasn’t doing interviews with reporters because he can’t string together 2 complete sentences, and can’t do anything wothout a closed captioning system. .
I wouldn't be surprised if he steps down soon - he's just not healthy enough to serve as a Senator, or maybe any job, at this time. I don't wish him any ill will, but he's just not up to it.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:22 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:56 am
I wouldn't be surprised if he steps down soon - he's just not healthy enough to serve as a Senator, or maybe any job, at this time. I don't wish him any ill will, but he's just not up to it.
I had to look up what would happen if Fetterman did step down.
Should Fetterman choose to resign, Shapiro would be responsible for choosing a replacement who would serve in the Senate seat until the next scheduled statewide election. Then, voters would hold a special election to choose who would carry out the remainder of Fetterman’s term.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... ons-resign
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:22 pm
GannonFan wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:22 am

Should Fetterman choose to resign, Shapiro would be responsible for choosing a replacement who would serve in the Senate seat until the next scheduled statewide election. Then, voters would hold a special election to choose who would carry out the remainder of Fetterman’s term.
Yup, temporary replacement and then a special election. Would a statewide election in 2023 (i.e. this fall) count or would it be 2024? Shapiro is the gov so replacing Fetterman now wouldn't have any immediate impact on the Senate as he'd fill the spot with a Dem. I feel bad for Fetterman, a stroke is no small thing and even through the campaign it was clear he was really struggling. Don't wish that on anyone.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:28 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:22 pm

Yup, temporary replacement and then a special election. Would a statewide election in 2023 (i.e. this fall) count or would it be 2024? Shapiro is the gov so replacing Fetterman now wouldn't have any immediate impact on the Senate as he'd fill the spot with a Dem. I feel bad for Fetterman, a stroke is no small thing and even through the campaign it was clear he was really struggling. Don't wish that on anyone.
I don't because he selfishly didn't step aside for another candidate. Its like when someone who knows for health reasons they can't do the job (or are too delsuional to recognize the fact), but refuse to step aside.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:07 pm
GannonFan wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:28 pm

I don't because he selfishly didn't step aside for another candidate. Its like when someone who knows for health reasons they can't do the job (or are too delsuional to recognize the fact), but refuse to step aside.
How much of that was forced on him? Let's be honest, if he drops from the race after he had the stroke the Dems probably don't win that seat - they didn't have anyone sitting on the bench who could've come in and pinched hit for Fetterman at that point, especially as he had been the clear choice for the party for a good year before. I'm sure he got a lot of pressure to stay in the race no matter what. Senate control was more important than just one guy's health.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:17 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:07 pm
How much of that was forced on him? Let's be honest, if he drops from the race after he had the stroke the Dems probably don't win that seat - they didn't have anyone sitting on the bench who could've come in and pinched hit for Fetterman at that point, especially as he had been the clear choice for the party for a good year before. I'm sure he got a lot of pressure to stay in the race no matter what. Senate control was more important than just one guy's health.
He could be given a guilt trip by the left, but no one could ‘force’ him to stay in the race, unless he was so mentally impaired that he couldn’t make decisions on his own. I doubt he was/is that far gone.

Notice how the left went from, in a 3-4 month period, ‘How dare you question his health amd mental fitness to be a senator’ to ‘He may have permanently set back his recovery by staying in the race (NYT article).
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

And Fettermam is back in the hospital…This time reportedly for ‘severe clinical depression’..
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:01 pm And Fettermam is back in the hospital…This time reportedly for ‘severe clinical depression’..
He. Can't. Do. The. Job. He needs to resign as soon as he's able to. At some point he and his office need to do things that Senators actually do (deal with constituent issues, nominations to Service Academies, DC tours, flags, etc). I don't think any of that is setup yet and the more time he spends away from the job the less likely that stuff gets done. This problem isn't going to go away, he's got a long road of recovery to whatever his new normal is. There have to be more important things than the balance in the Senate.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:07 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:01 pm And Fettermam is back in the hospital…This time reportedly for ‘severe clinical depression’..
He. Can't. Do. The. Job. He needs to resign as soon as he's able to. At some point he and his office need to do things that Senators actually do (deal with constituent issues, nominations to Service Academies, DC tours, flags, etc). I don't think any of that is setup yet and the more time he spends away from the job the less likely that stuff gets done. This problem isn't going to go away, he's got a long road of recovery to whatever his new normal is. There have to be more important things than the balance in the Senate.
Not to the left there isn’t As long as he is breathing, and can cast a vote by pushing a button or saying yeah or nay, they will try to keep him in the Senate.