Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: 2022 Elections Thread

Post by JohnStOnge »

Baldy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:36 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:05 pm

Abrams is correct in saying there is no heartbeat at six weeks. i would not say it is a manufactured sound. But it's not a heartbeat. If you think the abortion issue is going to work in favor of Republicans, you are kidding yourself. it is going to work in favor of Democrats. It may not be enough for them given everything else that is going on. But it is going to work in favor of them.
The same Johns Hopkins you have been jerking off to since the start of COVID is the same Johns Hopkins that says the heart of human embryos starts beating at the end of the first four weeks.

Quit being stupid and pay better attention. I did not say abortion was going to work in the favor of Conks. I did say that it isn't going to be the savior to keep Donks from getting motorboated out of Congress.
i actually have not referenced Johns Hopkins much. But but there is no heartbeat at four weeks or six weeks. This is the situation as described at https://www.nbcnews.com/health/womens-h ... -rcna24435:
“While the heart does begin to develop at around six weeks, at this point the heart as we know it does not yet exist,” said Dr. Ian Fraser Golding, a pediatric and fetal cardiologist at Rady Children’s Hospital San Diego.

Instead, at six weeks, the embryo will develop a tube that generates sporadic electrical impulses that eventually coordinate into rhythmic pulses, he said.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:05 pm
The same Johns Hopkins you have been jerking off to since the start of COVID is the same Johns Hopkins that says the heart of human embryos starts beating at the end of the first four weeks.

Quit being stupid and pay better attention. I did not say abortion was going to work in the favor of Conks. I did say that it isn't going to be the savior to keep Donks from getting motorboated out of Congress.
i actually have not referenced Johns Hopkins much. But but there is no heartbeat at four weeks or six weeks. This is the situation as described at https://www.nbcnews.com/health/womens-h ... -rcna24435:
“While the heart does begin to develop at around six weeks, at this point the heart as we know it does not yet exist,” said Dr. Ian Fraser Golding, a pediatric and fetal cardiologist at Rady Children’s Hospital San Diego.

Instead, at six weeks, the embryo will develop a tube that generates sporadic electrical impulses that eventually coordinate into rhythmic pulses, he said.
Electrical pulses, you say?

Really?

Someone is going really really far out of their way to not call a heartbeat a heartbeat. :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:42 am

Really?

Someone is going really really far out of their way to not call a heartbeat a heartbeat. :lol:
It appears to be debatable. I suppose you could make a case for an ectopic pregnancy being a baby too.
But what exactly do we mean when we talk about a "fetal heartbeat" at six weeks of pregnancy? Although some people might picture a heart-shaped organ beating inside a fetus, this is not the case.

Rather, at six weeks of pregnancy, an ultrasound can detect "a little flutter in the area that will become the future heart of the baby," said Dr. Saima Aftab, medical director of the Fetal Care Center at Nicklaus Children's Hospital in Miami. This flutter happens because the group of cells that will become the future "pacemaker" of the heart gain the capacity to fire electrical signals, she said
https://www.livescience.com/65501-fetal ... ained.html
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:33 am

Really?

It appears to be debatable. I suppose you could make a case for an ectopic pregnancy being a baby too.
Not really comparable at all. Of course an ectopic pregnancy is still a baby (or at least a human being for a better phrase). Just because an ectopic pregnancy is always doomed for failure and needs to be aborted due to the extreme risk to the mother doesn't mean it isn't life. That has nothing to do if people want to call the onset of electrical pulses in the area where the heart will be in a fetus a heartbeat or not.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

“Follow the science!” has become “Change the science!”
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:41 am
kalm wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:33 am

Not really comparable at all. Of course an ectopic pregnancy is still a baby (or at least a human being for a better phrase). Just because an ectopic pregnancy is always doomed for failure and needs to be aborted due to the extreme risk to the mother doesn't mean it isn't life. That has nothing to do if people want to call the onset of electrical pulses in the area where the heart will be in a fetus a heartbeat or not.
So an ectopic fetus is a baby and electrical impulses are a heart beat is the point you’re making regarding abortion?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:15 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:41 am

So an ectopic fetus is a baby and electrical impulses are a heart beat is the point you’re making regarding abortion?
Yes on the first and no comment on the second. People can debate electrical impulses and heart beats to their hearts content, I don't think that's a big issue at all.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:33 am
kalm wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:15 am

Yes on the first and no comment on the second. People can debate electrical impulses and heart beats to their hearts content, I don't think that's a big issue at all.
I don’t either.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:54 am “Follow the science!” has become “Change the science!”
What do you expect from the team that can't define what a woman is? :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:44 pm Ron DeSantis' Martha's Vineyard stunt gives Republicans the midterm fight they crave and takes focus off Trump 2024 and abortion rights, GOP operatives say
But according to GOP operatives, the move also gave Republicans running for Congress the opportunity to home in on illegal immigration and border security, topics they've clamored to put at the center of this fall's midterm elections.
Fair point.
Illegal immigration with a now cratering economy (why spend waning resources on illegals?) and the increase in crime in inner cities under the Biden regime/Dem agenda should be the focal point for conks. Everything else is just window dressing. :twocents:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:54 pm
Winterborn wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:54 pm

Kind of hard to bury the story when the immigrants are dropped off in front of local news crews and then it gets reported locally, which then means it makes it harder for national news to do their normal bury and move. It also gets the whole border thing free press that it normally would not get outside of border states.

Top 10 Google searches are now:

1) Jobs
2) Taxes
3) Donald Trump
4) Wages
5) Ukraine
6) Firearms
7) China
8) Russia
9) Joe Biden
10) Border/Immigration

Some good analysis (I think) on what it means for both parties below.

https://www.axios.com/2022/09/22/midter ... n-abortion
Right now it looks like a brilliant move. The Republican Party and 2022 candidates owe DeSantis for changing the focus.

What are the odds that trump gets upset that this takes the spotlight off of him and he or his minions take shots at it and DeSantis?
Exactly. DeSantis is the way.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:10 pm
SDHornet wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:07 pm

I saw something about abortion doings polling in favor of conks in PA. :twocents:
very well may be but independents swing national elections and soon we're going to be treated to Clarence Thomas' wife speaking to the Jan 6 committee, that should be entertaining af
Yeah because Jan 6 has been a lightning rod at the poll booth. :lol: :dunce:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:05 pm

Abrams is correct in saying there is no heartbeat at six weeks. i would not say it is a manufactured sound. But it's not a heartbeat. If you think the abortion issue is going to work in favor of Republicans, you are kidding yourself. it is going to work in favor of Democrats. It may not be enough for them given everything else that is going on. But it is going to work in favor of them.

JSO ignoring clear scientific facts again? Say it ain't so. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:35 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:28 pm

I think I would stick with polling. The obvious glaring example of what that is so is inflation. It's not among that top 10 and obviously it is at or near the top in terms of issues people are concerned about.

It'd be great if Jobs really were the top issue because Biden's term has been characterized by record job creation.
Problem is, you can't really talk about jobs without then also talking about wages. The drop in real wages over the past year or two due to the overwhelming inflation is not really something Dems would want to have to defend. Dems are going to run on Trump and abortion and hope nothing else comes up.
Yep, that and to keep distracting the masses with the "need" to send billions to Ukraine.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:13 am
Illegal immigration with a now cratering economy (why spend waning resources on illegals?) and the increase in crime in inner cities under the Biden regime/Dem agenda should be the focal point for conks. Everything else is just window dressing. :twocents:
Agreed economy/crime/border should be the focus. 40” yr high inflation, down market), 2 years record high esploding crime rates all across the country, and 2 years record high illegal immigration.

Would add 4th issue to above 3 Yougkin and conks in VA won on 21’- schools: unecessary closure with online no learning, forced masking & vax, CRT & woke agenda. That resonated with surburbam moms. Donks (school boards, local & state pols) still need to be held accountable for what they did to kids. Counter to donks on abortion.

Conks for now need to for 6 weeks to stop talking about Hunter 1/6, MAL, Trump, abortion and much else besides the above 4 issues.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:06 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:17 pm

As expected I'm sure - any kind of Blue victory would just be gravy in Georgia. :coffee:

Kemp winning and De Santis losing is still a huge win for Blue
:lol: :lol: DeSantis losing. That’s a good one.
Didn't say it would happen.

Z :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:27 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:06 pm

:lol: :lol: DeSantis losing. That’s a good one.

Learn English then. :thumb:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:08 am
houndawg wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:27 am

Learn to read, dumb squat. Z :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:56 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:08 am

"desantis losing is a huge win for Blue". Sounds like you said it to me. He's got as much chance to lose as I do at becoming the next president, so either way it was a retarded comment by a dense dawg.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Really?

Not at all. It's not a heartbeat. There is no heart yet. Here is another article on it: https://www.livescience.com/65501-fetal ... ained.html.
But what exactly do we mean when we talk about a "fetal heartbeat" at six weeks of pregnancy? Although some people might picture a heart-shaped organ beating inside a fetus, this is not the case.

Rather, at six weeks of pregnancy, an ultrasound can detect "a little flutter in the area that will become the future heart of the baby," said Dr. Saima Aftab, medical director of the Fetal Care Center at Nicklaus Children's Hospital in Miami. This flutter happens because the group of cells that will become the future "pacemaker" of the heart gain the capacity to fire electrical signals, she said.
It's not a heartbeat.

Look, my position is that it doesn't even matter. The transition between non existence and existence for a member of our species is genetic recombination. I don't think the question of whether there is a heartbeat or not is even relevant. But there is no heartbeat at 6 weeks gestation.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

If you want to see a situation in which the polls were really off, look at this one:

https://kansasreflector.com/2022/07/20/ ... -abortion/

I can remember watching the polls as it approached and thinking that, more likely than not, the amendment would pass. But it was defeated by 18 percentage points.

That's one reason I say that Democrats need to make the vote about the abortion issue as much as possible. They need to create the impression that the Republicans are a threat to abortion rights. And the Republicans are helping them in that regard. Like Lindsey Graham's thing.
Could I ever be a star?

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:28 pm

"desantis losing is a huge win for Blue". Sounds like you said it to me. He's got as much chance to lose as I do at becoming the next president, so either way it was a retarded comment by a dense dawg.
it was in response to a hypothetical situation posed by somebody else. :coffee:

Just because you can't be smarter doesn't mean you shouldn't try.... Z.... :ohno:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:21 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:35 pm

Problem is, you can't really talk about jobs without then also talking about wages. The drop in real wages over the past year or two due to the overwhelming inflation is not really something Dems would want to have to defend. Dems are going to run on Trump and abortion and hope nothing else comes up.
Yep, that and to keep distracting the masses with the "need" to send billions to Ukraine.
All wars are about profits. :coffee:

I realize you're still adjusting to being a lefty; I'm here to help, and I think I speak for kalm and 'jelly and trip and the gang, when I tell you that there are no stupid questions, even from you. Your copy of Thoughts of the Great Leader is in the socialist postal system and should arrive soon
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

The Republican version of ACB?

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:28 pm

:nod: :lol: