2022 Elections Thread

Political discussions
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: W&M

Re: 2022 Elections Thread

Post by tribe_pride »

kalm wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:11 am Looks like AOC is being challenged by an earnest opponent.

Doesn't matter in the end. That District will not vote for an R. The primary is what mattered for AOC (as is true with a lot of the districts in the country both R and D)
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:37 pm Remember this guy? Is there a Democrat equivalent? Or they're just that much better?
L. McCrae Dowless Jr., the North Carolina political operative who was at the center of a scandal involving absentee-ballot harvesting and tampering that led to the first rerun of a federal election in some 40 years, died on Sunday at his daughter’s home in Bladen County, N.C. He was 66.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/25/us/p ... -dead.html
Yes.
PHOENIX (AP) — An Arizona woman accused of illegally collecting early ballots in the 2020 primary election pleaded guilty Thursday in an agreement with state prosecutors that saw the more serious forgery and conspiracy charges dismissed and limited any potential for a lengthy prison sentence.

Guillermina Fuentes, 66, could get probation for running what Arizona attorney general's office investigators said was a sophisticated operation using her status as a well-known Democratic operative in the border city of San Luis to persuade voters to let her gather and in some cases fill out their ballots.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/recor ... ocid=ientp
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:37 pm Remember this guy? Is there a Democrat equivalent? Or they're just that much better?
L. McCrae Dowless Jr., the North Carolina political operative who was at the center of a scandal involving absentee-ballot harvesting and tampering that led to the first rerun of a federal election in some 40 years, died on Sunday at his daughter’s home in Bladen County, N.C. He was 66.
Yes.
Democrat Pleads Guilty to Ballot Stuffing in Pennsylvania

That thing that we are assured never happens, happened. Former Democrat US Rep. Michael “Ozzie” Myers has pled guilty to multiple charges related to a scheme to stuff ballot boxes for Democrat candidates between 2014 and 2018.

Myers has a checkered history, having been expelled from Congress for accepting bribes. Apparently, he didn’t learn his lesson and has been running a ring of corruption for decades…
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/06/08 ... ia-n576132
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:19 am

Yes.
Democrat Pleads Guilty to Ballot Stuffing in Pennsylvania

That thing that we are assured never happens, happened. Former Democrat US Rep. Michael “Ozzie” Myers has pled guilty to multiple charges related to a scheme to stuff ballot boxes for Democrat candidates between 2014 and 2018.

Myers has a checkered history, having been expelled from Congress for accepting bribes. Apparently, he didn’t learn his lesson and has been running a ring of corruption for decades…
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/06/08 ... ia-n576132
This is, unfortunately, gives the likes of Trump and others something to stand on. In our elections today, there are far too many shenanigans and the system is far too ripe for things to happen. I've said before on here, the state of PA couldn't even provide backup documentation for their election results for a recount until the year 2018. That's crazy. There was literally no way to tell who won, other than the numbers the system spit out, until then, as there was literally no paper trail whatsoever of votes. And even today in PA, I still haven't seen the actual results of the GOP Senate race between McCormick and Oz (luckily, I'm still registered Dem so I didn't have to vote for either) - all we know is that McCormick conceded. That election happened a couple of weeks ago. Out election system is a mess right now - there's a wide range of how well states manage absentee ballots, a wide range of how states handle control of the ballots, and a wide range of how states handle the mechanics of elections in general. Trump is able to get people to believe his crap because the system is imperfect and we refuse to fix the things we can fix.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:15 am
This is, unfortunately, gives the likes of Trump and others something to stand on. In our elections today, there are far too many shenanigans and the system is far too ripe for things to happen. I've said before on here, the state of PA couldn't even provide backup documentation for their election results for a recount until the year 2018. That's crazy. There was literally no way to tell who won, other than the numbers the system spit out, until then, as there was literally no paper trail whatsoever of votes. And even today in PA, I still haven't seen the actual results of the GOP Senate race between McCormick and Oz (luckily, I'm still registered Dem so I didn't have to vote for either) - all we know is that McCormick conceded. That election happened a couple of weeks ago. Out election system is a mess right now - there's a wide range of how well states manage absentee ballots, a wide range of how states handle control of the ballots, and a wide range of how states handle the mechanics of elections in general. Trump is able to get people to believe his crap because the system is imperfect and we refuse to fix the things we can fix.
There were tons of shenanigans in the 2020 election. Enough to change the outcome? Who knows, but Donks took full advantage of the COVID related mitigation of voting regulations. The good part is that many states now know where they were vulnerable and took action to fix most of the problems.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Marxist SF DA Chesa Boudin was recalled. That's a huge tell about how fed up people are with the soft on crime and "criminal justice reform" Soros funded DA's. Gonna be an absolute blood bath in November. 8-)

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

It'll also be interesting to see how much the "school choice" platform gains this election cycle.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

tribe_pride wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:09 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:11 am Looks like AOC is being challenged by an earnest opponent.

Doesn't matter in the end. That District will not vote for an R. The primary is what mattered for AOC (as is true with a lot of the districts in the country both R and D)
I think she's off her meds. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:38 pm

There were tons of shenanigans in the 2020 election. Enough to change the outcome? Who knows, but Donks took full advantage of the COVID related mitigation of voting regulations. The good part is that many states now know where they were vulnerable and took action to fix most of the problems.
Accuse your opponent of that which you are guilty. :grizo1:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Sore losers :ohno:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:32 pm

Hold your water son, takes time to get them all but they will keep going until they do.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Is this the definition of a disconnect???

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:14 pm
Bookmarking this post for November. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:23 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:14 pm

You can tell who’s watching the hearings by whether or not they still wonder if the election may have been stolen so “who knows?”

Here’s a hint. Even Trump knew it wasn’t within the first few weeks.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:14 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:23 pm

You can tell who’s watching the hearings by whether or not they still wonder if the election may have been stolen so “who knows?”

My post had zero to do with 1/6. It has EVERYTHING to do with all that has transpired AFTER 1/6 with Brandon in charge. :nod:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:17 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:14 pm

My post had zero to do with 1/6. It has EVERYTHING to do with all that has transpired AFTER 1/6 with Brandon in charge. :nod:
And the 1/6 inquiry has far more to do with election fraud than just 1/6.

:coffee:

(Playfully lobbing shots at the net for Z to chase down)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:37 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:17 pm

Sure things. “Insurrection”. “Sedition”.

The fucking HORROR.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:23 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:37 pm

Sure things. “Insurrection”. “Sedition”.

The fucking HORROR.
Yeah insurrectionist. Sedition. No big deal if my guys are doing it. :clap:
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

JohnStWrong…what do you have to say about this GOP win in a majority Hispanic district???

Seems some of Team Brown has seen the light…

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

The coal mine's canary just burst into flames.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Col Hogan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:59 pm JohnStWrong…what do you have to say about this GOP win in a majority Hispanic district???

Musk voted for her. Apparently 1st time he has ever voted conk in his life..
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/el ... -president
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Col Hogan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:59 pm JohnStWrong…what do you have to say about this GOP win in a majority Hispanic district???

A few more of those and the Donks will be screaming for the wall to be built. :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:19 pm

A few more of those and the Donks will be screaming for the wall to be built. :lol:
They already are screaming for the wall to be built - on the Oklahoma side :rofl:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Paging JSO.....Paging JSO.....another of your "theories" has come crumbling down....

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas- ... os-granted