Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

2022 Elections Thread

Post by BDKJMU »

In Nov JSO started a ‘2022 House Elections’ thread that he may as well have titled ‘White voters without college degrees are bad’.
https://www.championshipsubdivision.com ... 10&t=52716

Well, there’s also 34 Senate seats up for grab.
https://www.cookpolitical.com/ratings/s ... ce-ratings
So I thought about starting a ‘2022 Midterms Elections’ thread, but there’s also 36 of 50 governorships up for grab.

Also other state & local elections. So instead if 2-3 2022 election threads, maybe just one?
Last edited by BDKJMU on Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Re: 2022 Elections Thread

Post by BDKJMU »

Desantis tits for brains donk challenger 44 year old FL AG Commissioner Nikki Fried
“I saw the rise of Hitler”
Are you comparing Desantis to Hitler?
”In a lot of ways yes”
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florid ... res-hitler
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Winter is coming...this could look like 1994 all over again.

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

They could of least made the right axis to show the 11% who are independent. :ohno:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:59 am They could of least made the right axis to show the 11% who either have a functioning brainstem or are completely batsh!t crazy. :ohno:
FYP :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:00 am
Winterborn wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:59 am They could of least made the right axis to show the 11% who either have a functioning brainstem or are completely batsh!t crazy. :ohno:
FYP :D
:lol:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

U.S. Political Party Preferences Shifted Greatly During 2021

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- On average, Americans' political party preferences in 2021 looked similar to prior years, with slightly more U.S. adults identifying as Democrats or leaning Democratic (46%) than identified as Republicans or leaned Republican (43%).

However, the general stability for the full-year average obscures a dramatic shift over the course of 2021, from a nine-percentage-point Democratic advantage in the first quarter to a rare five-point Republican edge in the fourth quarter.

These results are based on aggregated data from all U.S. Gallup telephone surveys in 2021, which included interviews with more than 12,000 randomly sampled U.S. adults.

Gallup asks all Americans it interviews whether they identify politically as a Republican, a Democrat or an independent. Independents are then asked whether they lean more toward the Republican or Democratic Party. The combined percentage of party identifiers and leaners gives a measure of the relative strength of the two parties politically.

Both the nine-point Democratic advantage in the first quarter and the five-point Republican edge in the fourth quarter are among the largest Gallup has measured for each party in any quarter since it began regularly measuring party identification and leaning in 1991.

The Democratic lead in the first quarter was the largest for the party since the fourth quarter of 2012, when Democrats also had a nine-point advantage. Democrats held larger, double-digit advantages in isolated quarters between 1992 and 1999 and nearly continuously between mid-2006 and early 2009.

The GOP has held as much as a five-point advantage in a total of only four quarters since 1991. The Republicans last held a five-point advantage in party identification and leaning in early 1995, after winning control of the House of Representatives for the first time since the 1950s. Republicans had a larger advantage only in the first quarter of 1991, after the U.S. victory in the Persian Gulf War led by then-President George H.W. Bush….
https://news.gallup.com/poll/388781/pol ... -2021.aspx
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:43 pm
U.S. Political Party Preferences Shifted Greatly During 2021

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- On average, Americans' political party preferences in 2021 looked similar to prior years, with slightly more U.S. adults identifying as Democrats or leaning Democratic (46%) than identified as Republicans or leaned Republican (43%).

However, the general stability for the full-year average obscures a dramatic shift over the course of 2021, from a nine-percentage-point Democratic advantage in the first quarter to a rare five-point Republican edge in the fourth quarter.

These results are based on aggregated data from all U.S. Gallup telephone surveys in 2021, which included interviews with more than 12,000 randomly sampled U.S. adults.

Gallup asks all Americans it interviews whether they identify politically as a Republican, a Democrat or an independent. Independents are then asked whether they lean more toward the Republican or Democratic Party. The combined percentage of party identifiers and leaners gives a measure of the relative strength of the two parties politically.

Both the nine-point Democratic advantage in the first quarter and the five-point Republican edge in the fourth quarter are among the largest Gallup has measured for each party in any quarter since it began regularly measuring party identification and leaning in 1991.

The Democratic lead in the first quarter was the largest for the party since the fourth quarter of 2012, when Democrats also had a nine-point advantage. Democrats held larger, double-digit advantages in isolated quarters between 1992 and 1999 and nearly continuously between mid-2006 and early 2009.

The GOP has held as much as a five-point advantage in a total of only four quarters since 1991. The Republicans last held a five-point advantage in party identification and leaning in early 1995, after winning control of the House of Representatives for the first time since the 1950s. Republicans had a larger advantage only in the first quarter of 1991, after the U.S. victory in the Persian Gulf War led by then-President George H.W. Bush….
https://news.gallup.com/poll/388781/pol ... -2021.aspx
Yup...that's what Baldy posted. Super Double Confirmation!
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

I think all the bleating Dems are doing about voting rules is just so when they get wrecked by the category 6 red tsunami they can say "durrrrrr see why hafta stop the wascally wepubwicans voter suppression durrrr".
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Pwns wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:36 pm I think all the bleating Dems are doing about voting rules is just so when they get wrecked by the category 6 red tsunami they can say "durrrrrr see why hafta stop the wascally wepubwicans voter suppression durrrr".
No DOUBT they're prepositioning excuses and "validation" of all the bullshit fears they're pumping out to their minions (and bought hook line and sinker by the likes of densedawg, etc.).
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:37 pm
Pwns wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:36 pm I think all the bleating Dems are doing about voting rules is just so when they get wrecked by the category 6 red tsunami they can say "durrrrrr see why hafta stop the wascally wepubwicans voter suppression durrrr".
No DOUBT they're prepositioning excuses and "validation" of all the bullshit fears they're pumping out to their minions (and bought hook line and sinker by the likes of densedawg, etc.).
Don't forget by that time, the narrative will have shifted to "it's Patriotic to question elections" and violence is now accepted.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:49 am
Yup...that's what Baldy posted. Super Double Confirmation!
Well, I provided the a link with the paragraphs…. :D
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:23 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:37 pm

Don't forget by that time, the narrative will have shifted to "it's Patriotic to question elections" and violence is now accepted.
Yep. More like shifted BACK. They were for it before they were against it..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:25 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:23 pm
Both sides will shift back. The Democratic party will shift from the election was legitimate back to "it's Patriotic to question elections" while the Republican party will shift back from "the election was stolen" to the election was legitimate. They were against it before they were for it.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:42 pm
Both sides will shift back. The Democratic party will shift from the election was legitimate back to "it's Patriotic to question elections" while the Republican party will shift back from "the election was stolen" to the election was legitimate. They were against it before they were for it.
And round and round we go.
But despite 1/6, the donks are better at rioting..So more rioting..
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:38 pm

I don’t know, man. Donks love a good rally but the rioters are entrepreneurial and violent. Definitely conks. :nod:

(For those old enough to remember…yes, I’m channeling my inner D1b here :mrgreen:)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:11 pm
I don’t know, man. Donks love a good rally but the rioters are entrepreneurial and violent. Definitely conks. :nod:

(For those old enough to remember…tykes I’m channeling my inner D1b here :mrgreen:)
And not very well I might add. Sounds like your inner Douche1Bag needs his ass kicked. :coffee: :coffee:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

:lol: They have more time in the trenches.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

If one wanted to script an implosion, you could pretty much use the current status of the Democratic party as an outline.

Schumler calling for a vote on the filibuster that is going to harm several Democrats who are up for re-election this year in tight races. Bernie saying that they will primary against Manchin and anybody else that votes against the filibuster bill tonight. Biden repeatedly sticking his foot in his mouth and polling in the mid 30% range. Plus there is a press conference tonight, after the vote, where he gets another opportunity to impress us with his leadership style (I wonder how that is going to go?). Good news is that he is making Herbert Hoover/Carter look good to future historians.

Then there is this little tidbit (and I thought Trumpers were bad). :lol: If only there were a group of people that we could look to in history, that might shed some light on why the below is a bad idea. :coffee:
– Fifty-eight percent (58%) of voters would oppose a proposal for federal or state governments to fine Americans who choose not to get a COVID-19 vaccine. However, 55% of Democratic voters would support such a proposal, compared to just 19% of Republicans and 25% of unaffiliated voters.

– Fifty-nine percent (59%) of Democratic voters would favor a government policy requiring that citizens remain confined to their homes at all times, except for emergencies, if they refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Such a proposal is opposed by 61% of all likely voters, including 79% of Republicans and 71% of unaffiliated voters.

– Nearly half (48%) of Democratic voters think federal and state governments should be able to fine or imprison individuals who publicly question the efficacy of the existing COVID-19 vaccines on social media, television, radio, or in online or digital publications. Only 27% of all voters – including just 14% of Republicans and 18% of unaffiliated voters – favor criminal punishment of vaccine critics.

– Forty-five percent (45%) of Democrats would favor governments requiring citizens to temporarily live in designated facilities or locations if they refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Such a policy would be opposed by a strong majority (71%) of all voters, with 78% of Republicans and 64% of unaffiliated voters saying they would Strongly Oppose putting the unvaccinated in “designated facilities.”

– While about two-thirds (66%) of likely voters would be against governments using digital devices to track unvaccinated people to ensure that they are quarantined or socially distancing from others, 47% of Democrats favor a government tracking program for those who won’t get the COVID-19 vaccine.

How far are Democrats willing to go in punishing the unvaccinated? Twenty-nine percent (29%) of Democratic voters would support temporarily removing parents’ custody of their children if parents refuse to take the COVID-19 vaccine. That’s much more than twice the level of support in the rest of the electorate – seven percent (7%) of Republicans and 11% of unaffiliated voters – for such a policy.

President Biden’s strongest supporters are most likely to endorse the harshest punishments against those who won’t get the COVID-19 vaccine. Among voters who have a Very Favorable impression of Biden, 51% are in favor of government putting the unvaccinated in “designated facilities,” and 54% favor imposing fines or prison sentences on vaccine critics. By contrast, among voters who have a Very Unfavorable view of Biden, 95% are against “designated facilities” for the unvaccinated and 93% are against criminal punishment for vaccine critics.
https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public ... vaccinated

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:49 pm If one wanted to script an implosion, you could pretty much use the current status of the Democratic party as an outline.

Schumler calling for a vote on the filibuster that is going to harm several Democrats who are up for re-election this year in tight races. Bernie saying that they will primary against Manchin and anybody else that votes against the filibuster bill tonight. Biden repeatedly sticking his foot in his mouth and polling in the mid 30% range. Plus there is a press conference tonight, after the vote, where he gets another opportunity to impress us with his leadership style (I wonder how that is going to go?). Good news is that he is making Herbert Hoover/Carter look good to future historians.

Then there is this little tidbit (and I thought Trumpers were bad). :lol: If only there were a group of people that we could look to in history, that might shed some light on why the below is a bad idea. :coffee:
– Fifty-eight percent (58%) of voters would oppose a proposal for federal or state governments to fine Americans who choose not to get a COVID-19 vaccine. However, 55% of Democratic voters would support such a proposal, compared to just 19% of Republicans and 25% of unaffiliated voters.

– Fifty-nine percent (59%) of Democratic voters would favor a government policy requiring that citizens remain confined to their homes at all times, except for emergencies, if they refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Such a proposal is opposed by 61% of all likely voters, including 79% of Republicans and 71% of unaffiliated voters.

– [/b]Nearly half (48%) of Democratic voters think federal and state governments should be able to fine or imprison individuals who publicly question the efficacy of the existing COVID-19 vaccines on social media, television, radio, or in online or digital publications[/b]. Only 27% of all voters – including just 14% of Republicans and 18% of unaffiliated voters – favor criminal punishment of vaccine critics.

Forty-five percent (45%) of Democrats would favor governments requiring citizens to temporarily live in designated facilities or locations if they refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Such a policy would be opposed by a strong majority (71%) of all voters, with 78% of Republicans and 64% of unaffiliated voters saying they would Strongly Oppose putting the unvaccinated in “designated facilities.”

– While about two-thirds (66%) of likely voters would be against governments using digital devices to track unvaccinated people to ensure that they are quarantined or socially distancing from others, 47% of Democrats favor a government tracking program for those who won’t get the COVID-19 vaccine.

How far are Democrats willing to go in punishing the unvaccinated? Twenty-nine percent (29%) of Democratic voters would support temporarily removing parents’ custody of their children if parents refuse to take the COVID-19 vaccine. That’s much more than twice the level of support in the rest of the electorate – seven percent (7%) of Republicans and 11% of unaffiliated voters – for such a policy.

President Biden’s strongest supporters are most likely to endorse the harshest punishments against those who won’t get the COVID-19 vaccine. Among voters who have a Very Favorable impression of Biden, 51% are in favor of government putting the unvaccinated in “designated facilities,” and 54% favor imposing fines or prison sentences on vaccine critics. By contrast, among voters who have a Very Unfavorable view of Biden, 95% are against “designated facilities” for the unvaccinated and 93% are against criminal punishment for vaccine critics.
There you have it folks. Almost half of donks are for concentration camps for folks they disagree with..
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:07 pm
Winterborn wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:49 pm If one wanted to script an implosion, you could pretty much use the current status of the Democratic party as an outline.

There you have it folks. Almost half of donks are for concentration camps for folks they disagree with..
Turns out that “Karen” is the rule in the democrat party, not the exception. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Last edited by SDHornet on Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

– Nearly half (48%) of Democratic voters think federal and state governments should be able to fine or imprison individuals who publicly question the efficacy of the existing COVID-19 vaccines on social media, television, radio, or in online or digital publications. Only 27% of all voters – including just 14% of Republicans and 18% of unaffiliated voters – favor criminal punishment of vaccine critics.

– Forty-five percent (45%) of Democrats would favor governments requiring citizens to temporarily live in designated facilities or locations if they refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Such a policy would be opposed by a strong majority (71%) of all voters, with 78% of Republicans and 64% of unaffiliated voters saying they would Strongly Oppose putting the unvaccinated in “designated facilities.”

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:45 pm Image
28 and counting!