2022 Elections Thread

Political discussions
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: 2022 Elections Thread

Post by SDHornet »

Col Hogan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:59 pm JohnStWrong…what do you have to say about this GOP win in a majority Hispanic district???

Seems some of Team Brown has seen the light…

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:15 pm
Col Hogan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:59 pm JohnStWrong…what do you have to say about this GOP win in a majority Hispanic district???

Wait until Durham's investigation starts dropping indictments. Any day now. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

She won by 7 points in a district that went for Biden by 4, for Clinton by 22, that’s 84% Hispanic, and has been democrat held for 100 years.

Get ready for the red tsunami.. :nod:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Lol
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:19 pm Lol
Yeah! Double down on that fascism!
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:33 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:15 pm

Wait until Durham's investigation starts dropping indictments. Any day now. :coffee:
What's that have to do with the Dems getting their shit pushed in by the Team Brown vote? :coffee: 8-)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:32 pm

She won by 7 points in a district that went for Biden by 4, for Clinton by 22, that’s 84% Hispanic, and has been democrat held for 100 years.

Hey libtards, keep calling us Latinx...it's working. :rofl:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:24 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:32 pm

Hey libtards, keep calling us Latinx...it's working. :rofl:
The Neverending Butthurt of the Biden Derangement Syndrome... :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:23 pm
houndawg wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:33 pm

What's that have to do with the Dems getting their shit pushed in by the Team Brown vote? :coffee: 8-)
Not much, just that indictments are a popular subject these days :mrgreen:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Jonah Goldberg: The GOP may win in the midterms, but it can't hang on to power
For decades now, our national politics have been caught in a bizarre pattern. The party in power governs as if it were about to lose power, so it shoots the moon on big ambitious, base-pleasing gambits that annoy the center and make its own electoral defeat all the more likely. The other party then wins and comes in believing it has a broad mandate for similarly sweeping changes from the other ideological direction. This, in turn, leads it to being thrown out of power. The cycle repeats itself in a pas de deux of self-fulfilling prophecy.
Again, in a binary system, one side’s unpopularity creates a mirage of popularity for the other party when in reality voters are merely expressing a preference for the lesser of two evils. In 2020, a majority of Americans voted against Donald Trump, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they loved Joe Biden.

The Democrats are unpopular right now for reasons that have little to do with GOP popularity. Inflation in general and high energy prices, in particular, are a toxic drag on whichever party is in power. The Democrats’ misreading of Biden’s “mandate” — swinging for a new New Deal, for instance — wasn’t some GOP masterstroke. It was an unforced error of their own making, perfectly consistent with this trend in American politics.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:12 pm Jonah Goldberg: The GOP may win in the midterms, but it can't hang on to power
For decades now, our national politics have been caught in a bizarre pattern. The party in power governs as if it were about to lose power, so it shoots the moon on big ambitious, base-pleasing gambits that annoy the center and make its own electoral defeat all the more likely. The other party then wins and comes in believing it has a broad mandate for similarly sweeping changes from the other ideological direction. This, in turn, leads it to being thrown out of power. The cycle repeats itself in a pas de deux of self-fulfilling prophecy.
Again, in a binary system, one side’s unpopularity creates a mirage of popularity for the other party when in reality voters are merely expressing a preference for the lesser of two evils. In 2020, a majority of Americans voted against Donald Trump, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they loved Joe Biden.

The Democrats are unpopular right now for reasons that have little to do with GOP popularity. Inflation in general and high energy prices, in particular, are a toxic drag on whichever party is in power. The Democrats’ misreading of Biden’s “mandate” — swinging for a new New Deal, for instance — wasn’t some GOP masterstroke. It was an unforced error of their own making, perfectly consistent with this trend in American politics.
I agree with him for the most part. Throwing the rudder over hard every 4-8 years is NOT conducive to a well-run country.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:00 pm
I agree with him for the most part. Throwing the rudder over hard every 4-8 years is NOT conducive to a well-run country.
Yup, this has certainly been the case for the past decade or so.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:00 pm
True, but thats what you get when the base is driving
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

MAGABama

Trump-endorsed Katie Britt wins Alabama GOP Senate primary runoff election against Rep. Mo Brooks
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... NewsSearch

Katie Britt poised to be one of Alabama’s youngest-ever senators, could serve for decades
https://www.al.com/news/2022/06/katie-b ... cades.html
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:48 am MAGABama

Trump-endorsed Katie Britt wins Alabama GOP Senate primary runoff election against Rep. Mo Brooks

Katie Britt poised to be one of Alabama’s youngest-ever senators, could serve for decades
Wait, I thought Mo Brooks was a MAGAt. What did he do to get thrown under the bus? And don't give me some BS about moving on from the 2020 election. Why did he really throw Brooks under the bus?
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: W&M

Post by tribe_pride »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:20 am

Wait, I thought Mo Brooks was a MAGAt. What did he do to get thrown under the bus? And don't give me some BS about moving on from the 2020 election. Why did he really throw Brooks under the bus?
He was endorsed by Trump originally. Trump endorsed Britt a few weeks ago when she was a big time favorite to win the runoff anyway.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

By endorsing one candidate doesn’t automatically mean you are throwing the other under the bus, unless you also publicly trash the other candidate. I didn’t where Trump did that, but haven’t followed very closely. As to why Trump switched endorsements, I thought it was Brooks saying had to move on from 2020 at a Trump rally no less, along with prior back and forth praise amd criticism.

I see Michael Durant (Army helicopter pilot in 1993 Blackhawk Down) took the lead in the primary polls last March after Trump unendorsed Brooks, until early last month, after Durant apparently dodged taking part in any debates. He ended up finishing 3rd in last months (5/24) primary behind Britt and Brooks.

Edit. Here’s another take on it:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... uxbndlbing
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

This puts Eric Greitens somewhere between Nicholas Roske and James Hodgkinson.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:58 am
By endorsing one candidate doesn’t automatically mean you are throwing the other under the bus, unless you also publicly trash the other candidate. I didn’t where Trump did that, but haven’t followed very closely. As to why Trump switched endorsements, I thought it was Brooks saying had to move on from 2020 at a Trump rally no less, along with prior back and forth praise amd criticism.

I see Michael Durant (Army helicopter pilot in 1993 Blackhawk Down) took the lead in the primary polls last March after Trump unendorsed Brooks, until early last month, after Durant apparently dodged taking part in any debates. He ended up finishing 3rd in last months (5/24) primary behind Britt and Brooks.

Trump bailed because even though Brooks was a loyal MAGAt, he was going to lose. Trump likes to pretend that he's a winner and only backs winners so he switched his endorsement and used the moving on from 2020 as an excuse to justify the change.

Britt appears to have won because she was the better candidate. I'm not sure Trump's endorsement even mattered.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:06 am

Trump bailed because even though Brooks was a loyal MAGAt, he was going to lose. Trump likes to pretend that he's a winner and only backs winners so he switched his endorsement and used the moving on from 2020 as an excuse to justify the change.

Britt appears to have won because she was the better candidate. I'm not sure Trump's endorsement even mattered.
I’m guessing Trump wasn’t aware of what Britt looked like before he endorsed Brooks. He recently found out, apparently. :| :|
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Yep. IMO the PA primary showed how little his endorsement actually delivers. Internet memers got behind the "MAGA" candidate who was an unknown going in and pulled over a quarter of the vote. Trump endorsed Oz (a donk based on issues he publicly supported and for sure is a Rino) over the "MAGA" candidate. A lot his "winning endorsements" are him jumping on the candidate who is favored to win.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

:rofl: @ the CNN+ line. :clap:

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:32 am

I’m guessing Trump wasn’t aware of what Britt looked like before he endorsed Brooks. He recently found out, apparently. :| :|
I imagine she’ll be the hottest female senator (granted that’s a very low bar, much lower than the House)..
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

maybe this what happened at Uvalde..? The good guys with the guns were waiting for someone to bring the permits....
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

I'm thinking some Senator-on-Senator action..... Kyrsten Does Katie.....