BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: 2022 Elections Thread

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:07 pm
Winterborn wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:49 pm If one wanted to script an implosion, you could pretty much use the current status of the Democratic party as an outline.

Schumler calling for a vote on the filibuster that is going to harm several Democrats who are up for re-election this year in tight races. Bernie saying that they will primary against Manchin and anybody else that votes against the filibuster bill tonight. Biden repeatedly sticking his foot in his mouth and polling in the mid 30% range. Plus there is a press conference tonight, after the vote, where he gets another opportunity to impress us with his leadership style (I wonder how that is going to go?). Good news is that he is making Herbert Hoover/Carter look good to future historians.

Then there is this little tidbit (and I thought Trumpers were bad). :lol: If only there were a group of people that we could look to in history, that might shed some light on why the below is a bad idea. :coffee:

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public ... vaccinated
There you have it folks. Almost half of donks are for concentration camps for folks they disagree with..
To the left, the unvaccinated, irregardless of natural immunity, are the new Untermensch..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

2022 Elections Thread

Post by LeadBolt »

BDKJMU wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:07 pm
There you have it folks. Almost half of donks are for concentration camps for folks they disagree with..
To the left, the unvaccinated, irregardless of natural immunity, are the new Untermensch..
If only they would follow the science and not Uber corrupt Tony Fauci, who is a second rate doctor and third rate scientist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:42 pm Both sides will shift back. The Democratic party will shift from the election was legitimate back to "it's Patriotic to question elections" while the Republican party will shift back from "the election was stolen" to the election was legitimate. They were against it before they were for it.

I’m waiting for JSO to jump in and tell us that Biden is correct - not Federalizing elections and barring voter ID will delegitimize the midterms because Donald Trump is bad

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

After that Amtrak train wreck of a presser, London betting odds on a Republican sweep in November just spiked.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:After that Amtrak train wreck of a presser, London betting odds on a Republican sweep in November just spiked.
Its like they hate being in power.

One day the DNC is going to learn something a lot of us already know: the hard left illiberal Treep wing is a lot less numerous than it seems and can be safely ignored. Nobody likes religious zealots and that is what they are.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:53 am
Ivytalk wrote:After that Amtrak train wreck of a presser, London betting odds on a Republican sweep in November just spiked.
Its like they hate being in power.

One day the DNC is going to learn something a lot of us already know: the hard left illiberal Treep wing is a lot less numerous than it seems and can be safely ignored. Nobody likes religious zealots and that is what they are.

THe DNC has made a profession out of tying their fortunes to the minuscule groups of the world….groups that literally make up .0001% of the population, yet they’ll die on that hill like it’s a group the size of California.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Like THIS group. .004% of the population, yet we’ve got grown-ass adults arguing about shit like this:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ncaa-cha ... ion-policy

Oh, and the NCAA just proved what a gutless wonder they are, punting responsibility for making this decision NCAA EVENTS to the “governing bodies for each sport”.

What a completely useless, woke organization. This is Exhibit A for what happens when you make every decision in a vacuum. Dem party claims to be a party for womens’ rights and equality, yet here they are on full display, supporting women becoming 2nd class citizens in their chosen endeavors. I can’t wait until a high profile white male who has transitioned to a female (not possible, but ok) gets hired for a high profile job over an actual woman with a vagina and a uterus.

Then it’ll be just “grab the popcorn”. :nod: :nod: :nod:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

:popcorn:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

The more JSO neocons that get primaried, the better. 8-)

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:06 am The more JSO neocons that get primaried, the better. 8-)

Maybe. That poll was set up against Liz and not a fair assessment, IMHO.

Not that I wouldn't love to see her gone.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:58 am
SDHornet wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:06 am The more JSO neocons that get primaried, the better. 8-)

how was it set up against her?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

I like having Liz in Congress. I don't agree with her neo-con policies but she's one of the few adults in the room and she's a thorn in Trump and the MAGAts sides. She has value and it's entertaining watching the Trumpkins go after her.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:51 pm :popcorn:

Because when your policies and rhetoric are becoming so unpopular democracy no longer works.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:07 am
SDHornet wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:51 pm :popcorn:

Because when your policies and rhetoric are becoming so unpopular democracy no longer works.
yes. I'm sure there's no gerrymandering in donk states. None at all. :rofl: :rofl:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:47 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:07 am
yes. I'm sure there's no gerrymandering in donk states. None at all. :rofl: :rofl:
:nod: Illinois and Oregon both play games with districts to consolidate Democratic power.

lllinois' old 4th Congressional district

Neither party has the moral high ground when it comes to gerrymandering.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:57 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:47 am

:nod: Illinois and Oregon both play games with districts to consolidate Democratic power.

Clearly. Both sides have their strategies and some of those cross over (pun intended).

For example:

Dems want everybody voting including dead people and those unable to get ID’s.

R’s want fewer voters.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:36 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:57 am

Clearly. Both sides have their strategies and some of those cross over (pun intended).

For example:

R’s want fewer voters.
R's don't want fewer voters. We want ACTUAL voters (which ends up being fewer when you weed out the dead people and illegals and those voting multiple times).
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:59 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:36 am

For example:

R’s want fewer voters.
R's don't want fewer voters. We want ACTUAL voters (which ends up being fewer when you weed out the dead people and illegals and those voting multiple times).
Republicans benefit from low turnout. Jude Wanniski was talking about it 40 years ago.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:33 am

how was it set up against her?
The article I was reading said the "polling" people picked the individuals based on how they wanted the "poll" to turn out. Aka against Liz and make a statement.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:48 am

I like having Liz in Congress. I don't agree with her neo-con policies but she's one of the few adults in the room and she's a thorn in Trump and the MAGAts sides. She has value and it's entertaining watching the Trumpkins go after her.
I like Manchin as well for standing up to the illiberals. But that doesn't mean I would not be happy to see him gone for somebody else.

Liz is in the same boat for me. Just because she is a "thorn" in an idiots side does not excuse her in my book for being a neo-con and only in it for herself. Her one "redeeming" quality does not excuse her voting record. A cow pie is a cow pie, just because it is dry and you can use it to start a fire, does not change it from being a cow pie (crap).

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:27 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:48 am
I like Manchin as well for standing up to the illiberals. But that doesn't mean I would not be happy to see him gone for somebody else.

Liz is in the same boat for me. Just because she is a "thorn" in an idiots side does not excuse her in my book for being a neo-con and only in it for herself. Her one "redeeming" quality does not excuse her voting record. A cow pie is a cow pie, just because it is dry and you can use it to start a fire, does not change it from being a cow pie (crap).
What kind of person will replace her? I prefer Liz to clowns like MTG, Gaetz, etc. just like I prefer Manchin to clowns like AOChe, Waters, etc.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:45 pm
Winterborn wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:27 pm

What kind of person will replace her? I prefer Liz to clowns like MTG, Gaetz, etc. just like I prefer Manchin to clowns like AOChe, Waters, etc.
Valid question. We just will have to see who runs against her. :thumb:

Sometimes the clown you don't know is better then the devil you do. Unless it is Chucky......

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:56 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:45 pm

Sometimes the clown you don't know is better then the devil you do. Unless it is Chucky......
For a Neo-con, Liz supported more Trump legislation than sycophants like Jim Jordan. :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:13 pm
Winterborn wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:56 pm

For a Neo-con, Liz supported more Trump legislation than sycophants like Jim Jordan. :coffee:
And never met a surveillance, defense or spending bill she didn't like.

I have no problem admitting that there are worse out there (many of them Trump lackys). Like I mentioned to 88, will have to see who runs against her.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:38 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:13 pm
And never met a surveillance, defense or spending bill she didn't like.

I have no problem admitting that there are worse out there (many of them Trump lackys). Like I mentioned to 88, will have to see who runs against her.
Harriet Hageman is the Trump backed candidate and her transformation from a Ted "Boobs" Cruz supporter and never-Trumper in 2016 to an ardent Trump supporter is a remarkable feat of mental and moral gymnastics. Of course, anyone that supported Boobs and then Trump might be lacking in scruples.