Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: 2022 Elections Thread

Post by BDKJMU »

The left was whining that this guy got kicked off a committee lol. $583K in Campaign Funds on Yachts, Resorts and Limos…Wonder how much of the $$ came from Fang Fang..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:18 pm The left was whining that this guy got kicked off a committee lol. $583K in Campaign Funds on Yachts, Resorts and Limos…Wonder how much of the $$ came from Fang Fang..
This guy is the Dem's version of that Santos dude or Greene. A good 10% of the HofR, at a minimum, are just bad politicians not really worth all the air time and tweet-time we give them. They're almost there to act as foils for the other party. But that's what the Hosue is supposed to be - noisy and messy and hopefully useful every now and then.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:09 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:18 pm The left was whining that this guy got kicked off a committee lol. $583K in Campaign Funds on Yachts, Resorts and Limos…Wonder how much of the $$ came from Fang Fang..
This guy is the Dem's version of that Santos dude or Greene. A good 10% of the HofR, at a minimum, are just bad politicians not really worth all the air time and tweet-time we give them. They're almost there to act as foils for the other party. But that's what the Hosue is supposed to be - noisy and messy and hopefully useful every now and then.
That’s a fairly lavish lifestyle on congressional salary. I wonder if he has a side gig?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:39 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:09 am

That’s a fairly lavish lifestyle on congressional salary. I wonder if he has a side gig?
I think this is why you see so many goofballs running for office. I think you can spend your campaign money almost any way you like as long as it's for the campaign. Pretty good lifestyle for the two years you campaign even if you don't get elected.

I'm sure there are Rep examples, but Ted Lieu comes to mind when he gave Stanford two $25k gifts from his campaign funds and magically his son got into the school! Of course there was no quid quo pro.

Although Pelosi spent less than Swalwell, she the closest thing we have to a queen with all her government perks in addition to her campaign funds.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:00 am
kalm wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:39 am

I think this is why you see so many goofballs running for office. I think you can spend your campaign money almost any way you like as long as it's for the campaign. Pretty good lifestyle for the two years you campaign even if you don't get elected .

I'm sure there are Rep examples, but Ted Lieu comes to mind when he gave Stanford two $25k gifts from his campaign funds and magically his son got into the school! Of course there was no quid quo pro.

Although Pelosi spent less than Swalwell, she the closest thing we have to a queen with all her government perks in addition to her campaign funds.

It was a rhetorical question. :mrgreen:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:06 am

I think this is why you see so many goofballs running for office. I think you can spend your campaign money almost any way you like as long as it's for the campaign. Pretty good lifestyle for the two years you campaign even if you don't get elected .

:doh:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:06 am

And here I thought the answer was selling secrets to the Chinese government. ;)
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

JoltinJoe wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:46 am
dbackjon wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:37 am

Both his GOP Primary Opponent and his Democratic opponent did bring up many of the issues, but it was ignored by all the media other than one tiny newspaper.
Why should have the mainstream media reported on this?

If Santos identifies as a former Goldmann Sachs and Citigroup account rep who later founded a charity, why would any reporter question him for living life as his authentic self?
Uh, it is their job...
:thumb:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

WTF? How the hell can the courts come up with such different rulings? How does one think Lake is arguing about the policies vs the application of policies and then the opposite in another case? Holy Ivynatti, what a joke.

https://www.westernjournal.com/kari-lak ... ification/
However, in this week’s ruling, the Arizona Supreme Court disagreed. “Contrary to the ruling of the trial court and the Court of Appeals Opinion, this signature verification challenge is to the application of the policies, not to the policies themselves. Therefore, it was erroneous to dismiss this claim under the doctrine of laches because Lake could not have brought this challenge before the election.”
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

We are getting close to the point at which it will become abundantly clear that people who voted for Republican House candidates during the 2022 elections made a horrible mistake.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:07 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:01 pm And Fettermam is back in the hospital…This time reportedly for ‘severe clinical depression’..
He. Can't. Do. The. Job. He needs to resign as soon as he's able to. At some point he and his office need to do things that Senators actually do (deal with constituent issues, nominations to Service Academies, DC tours, flags, etc). I don't think any of that is setup yet and the more time he spends away from the job the less likely that stuff gets done. This problem isn't going to go away, he's got a long road of recovery to whatever his new normal is. There have to be more important things than the balance in the Senate.
Cringeworthy (esp about 1 1/2 min in). Like a 3rd grader asked to read to the class.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:22 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:56 am
And he’s been in the hospital since Wed for undisclosed reasons. Before going in he wasn’t doing interviews with reporters because he can’t string together 2 complete sentences, and can’t do anything wothout a closed captioning system. .
I wouldn't be surprised if he steps down soon - he's just not healthy enough to serve as a Senator, or maybe any job, at this time. I don't wish him any ill will, but he's just not up to it.
Well, he’s surely improving.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fetter ... ike-riddle
Painful. Heck, its :lol: I need a translation, because I couldn’t understand his gibberish. There’s one thing Fetterman is good for, a lot of laughs.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

I keep putting these here. I probably should have started a ‘Fetterman Gaffe and Verbal Bungles Watch’ thread to go along with Bidens and Kamala’s.

Fetterman is attempting to call for Biden to invoke the 14th Amendment for the debt ceiling. Meanwhile its clear the 25th needs to be called on Fetterman. His handlers ought to be ashamed of themselves for continuing to allow Fetterman to dress like a bum in the Senate as he bumbles through a statement, making a mockery of himself and the Senate.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Senator Carper ought to be ashamed of himself. He knows Fettermam can’t speak.

And lol at the staffer behind Fetterman trying to get a straight face..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:11 pm
:lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:37 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:11 pm
What‘s just as bad, is he was with Biden out on the tarmac and everyone is in a suit then you have Fetterman looking like some overgrown bum off the street in shorts and a sweatshirt hoodie. If he doesn‘t realize he shouldn’t be dressing like that as a senator, esp when meeting with the POTUS, he is completely mentally ill.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:57 am

What‘s just as bad, is he was with Biden out on the tarmac and everyone is in a suit then you have Fetterman looking like some overgrown bum off the street in shorts and a sweatshirt hoodie. If he doesn‘t realize he shouldn’t be dressing like that as a senator, esp when meeting with the POTUS, he is completely mentally ill.
More senators need to dress casual.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:55 am
Fetterman is taking casual Friday to a whole new level though. :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

You'd still whine even if he wore a....tan suit. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:57 am What‘s just as bad, is he was with Biden out on the tarmac and everyone is in a suit then you have Fetterman looking like some overgrown bum off the street in shorts and a sweatshirt hoodie. If he doesn‘t realize he shouldn’t be dressing like that as a senator, esp when meeting with the POTUS, he is completely mentally ill.
You'd still whine even if he wore a....tan suit. :coffee:
Only plantation masters get to wear tan suits and they must be linen. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:26 am
kalm wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:55 am

Fetterman is taking casual Friday to a whole new level though. :lol:
Agreed. I wouldnt want to be in a monkey suit. But Fettermam has gone completely other end of the spectrum. A pair of khakis and a button down or golf shirt wouln’t have been that bad.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

PA gov flip flops and caves to the teachers unions, and threatens to veto his own school choice plan, one of his central campaign promises..
https://reason.com/2023/07/06/pennsylva ... cher-plan/
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:49 pm PA gov flip flops and caves to the teachers unions, and threatens to veto his own school choice plan, one of his central campaign promises..
I only side with school vouchers when it comes to troubled areas where the public school systems have failed and there's no hope to fix them except over a longer timeframe. For much of PA, that isn't the case. IMO, people have backed school vouchers saying they're for those troubled areas, but really want to use taxpayer money to fund their private school tuitions. Teacher unions have their issues for sure, but I don't see the education in this country being better off by going full-on school vouchers everywhere.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:15 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:49 pm PA gov flip flops and caves to the teachers unions, and threatens to veto his own school choice plan, one of his central campaign promises..
I only side with school vouchers when it comes to troubled areas where the public school systems have failed and there's no hope to fix them except over a longer timeframe. For much of PA, that isn't the case. IMO, people have backed school vouchers saying they're for those troubled areas, but really want to use taxpayer money to fund their private school tuitions. Teacher unions have their issues for sure, but I don't see the education in this country being better off by going full-on school vouchers everywhere.
:nod:

School vouchers aren't necessary where the public school system is performing well. In those instances, they're an attempt weaken teachers unions and gut pubic education.