Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: January 6 - How much do you care?

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:20 am
Lol. Insurrection. Mmmm Kay.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:36 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:20 am
I believe she was a tank commander in that great battle. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:21 am

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

You should speak with hushed and reverent tones when discussing the Bowling Green Massacre and the horror of the Battle of Covfefe :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

Trump has been subpoenaed to appear before the house select committee.
1. Will he appear?
1a, plead the fifth
1b, answer questions?
1c, lie to Congress
1d, perjure himself
2. Ignore the subpoena
3. Delay delay delay
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

bobbythekidd wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:06 am Trump has been subpoenaed to appear before the house select committee.
1. Will he appear?
1a, plead the fifth
1b, answer questions?
1c, lie to Congress
1d, perjure himself
2. Ignore the subpoena
3. Delay delay delay
he won't appear and he's not physically capable of telling the truth anyway. Stalling is the only card he has to play - as his own people's testimony keeps backing the bus over him... forward,backward,forward,backward...
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

bobbythekidd wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:06 am Trump has been subpoenaed to appear before the house select committee.
1. Will he appear?
1a, plead the fifth
1b, answer questions?
1c, lie to Congress
1d, perjure himself
2. Ignore the subpoena
3. Delay delay delay
#3 is a typical trump legal tactic so it's almost guaranteed. Will he be able to keep his mouth shut if he does eventually appear? His attorneys would be sweating through any appearance.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:51 am
1. Will he appear?
1a, plead the fifth
1b, answer questions?
1c, lie to Congress
1d, perjure himself
2. Ignore the subpoena
3. Delay delay delay
#3 is a typical trump legal tactic so it's almost guaranteed. Will he be able to keep his mouth shut if he does eventually appear? His attorneys would be sweating through any appearance.
Is the committee even going to press it? They voted for the subpoena yesterday, but there's speculation about when, if ever, they'll formally request it of Trump. You brought up a good point in the other thread, given that we've been investigating this for two years, why now, at the end of the committee's existence, do we just now get around to asking the person most responsible for the mob what part he played in that mob and its actions? I've contended that we really know almost everything to be known now, and have for some time - this violence was done in the most visible way possible and was a slow motion tweet trainwreck. It may be one of the most inept power grabs in the history of power grabs. And this committee has basically said for at least a year now, and certainly since they started doing public hearings to announce their findings, that Trump was ultimately responsible and singularly involved. Why haven't they been seeking his testimony since the moment this committee was formed? Heck, he probably would've testified by now if they had given his penchant for doing everything in the most brash way possible.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:22 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:51 am

Is the committee even going to press it? They voted for the subpoena yesterday, but there's speculation about when, if ever, they'll formally request it of Trump. You brought up a good point in the other thread, given that we've been investigating this for two years, why now, at the end of the committee's existence, do we just now get around to asking the person most responsible for the mob what part he played in that mob and its actions? I've contended that we really know almost everything to be known now, and have for some time - this violence was done in the most visible way possible and was a slow motion tweet trainwreck. It may be one of the most inept power grabs in the history of power grabs. And this committee has basically said for at least a year now, and certainly since they started doing public hearings to announce their findings, that Trump was ultimately responsible and singularly involved. Why haven't they been seeking his testimony since the moment this committee was formed? Heck, he probably would've testified by now if they had given his penchant for doing everything in the most brash way possible.
Congress did ask him to testify about Ja. 6 during his second impeachment trial - he refused...

You're blowing smoke - no way he was or is going to testify and everybody on both sides knew that from the jump. The committee has done a good job of not making speeches and letting the story be told by the people who were there at the scene - the guy who fucked up was McCarthy and now Ms. Cheney is shoving it up his ass with a unanimous vote to subpoena, when he could have had at least three "no" votes and a much better chance of trying to make it look purely partisan.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

So Pelosi had a camera crew following her around on Jan 6th...hhmmm...

bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:48 pm So Pelosi had a camera crew following her around on Jan 6th...hhmmm...

It's really going to blow your mind when you hear who was filming and what they do for a living.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

bobbythekidd wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:08 am
SDHornet wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:48 pm So Pelosi had a camera crew following her around on Jan 6th...hhmmm...

It's really going to blow your mind when you hear who was filming and what they do for a living.
Indeed. Hehe.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:42 pm
GannonFan wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:22 pm

Congress did ask him to testify about Ja. 6 during his second impeachment trial - he refused...

You're blowing smoke - no way he was or is going to testify and everybody on both sides knew that from the jump. The committee has done a good job of not making speeches and letting the story be told by the people who were there at the scene - the guy who fucked up was McCarthy and now Ms. Cheney is shoving it up his ass with a unanimous vote to subpoena, when he could have had at least three "no" votes and a much better chance of trying to make it look purely partisan.
:nod:

I wouldn’t put it past the Dems to take full political advantage of the situation. To play theater. The Republicans would do exactly the same.

Get his non-cooperation on record again serves a purpose.

But people forget who Liz Cheney is. I’m guessing she wouldn’t tolerate much shenanigans purely for the sake of politics. She recognizes the threat of trumpism and wants to kill it. Not because she’s a turncoat but because she sees the threat far beyond what any of us are currently privy to.

And yes…people also forget or fail to realize Trump is being indicted in the court of public opinion and eventually in an actual court with the testimony of his own peeps…almost all of them hard core Republicans or MAGA.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:00 am

I wouldn’t put it past the Dems to take full political advantage of the situation. To play theater. The Republicans would do exactly the same.

But people forget who Liz Cheney is. I’m guessing she wouldn’t tolerate much shenanigans purely for the sake of politics. She recognizes the threat of trumpism and wants to kill it. Not because she’s a turncoat but because she sees the threat far beyond what any of us are currently privy to.

And yes…people also forget or fail to realize Trump is being indicted in the court of public opinion and eventually in an actual court with the testimony of his own peeps…almost all of them hard core Republicans or MAGA.
Maybe some behind-the-scenes-temperature-lowering is due - I'd suggest Trump and the Cheneys get together for a fun activity and try to find some common ground while they spend a day quail hunting
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Of course they will...hell they have nothing else to hang their hat on going into the midterms. Anything to deflect from the faltering economy, crime, failed immigration policy...
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:51 am
bobbythekidd wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:08 am
Indeed. Hehe.
The shots of Moscow Mitch and Comrade Scalise standing quietly while Schumer and Pelosi continue the process of governing :notworthy:

Neither of them asked even once if Nancy would, please, take their balls out of her purse. :ohno:
Last edited by houndawg on Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:42 pm

Of course they will...hell they have nothing else to hang their hat on going into the midterms. Anything to deflect from the faltering economy, crime, failed immigration policy...
All-time record corporate profits.... :thumb:

Jobs everywhere... :thumb:

Arrests per 100,000 in 2020 saw their highest decline in 35 years.... :thumb:

Women registering new voters in huge numbers in battleground states.... :thumb:

SDHornet's vision obscured by Putin's balls.... :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:15 am

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:04 am

Lol fake news meme..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:41 am

Lol fake news meme..
What’s fake about it? Break it down. I’m open minded.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:41 am
Lol fake news meme..
You're going to nitpick a meme?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

So not arresting criminals and record high violent crime rates is a good thing to Densedawg.. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.