Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Re: January 6 - How much do you care?

Post by dbackjon »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:45 am
Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:11 am

If they didn't give him a long leash to comply... they would have been criticized for not giving him a chance to turn over the documents before getting a search warrant.

As has been said - I agree that getting a search warrant on a former president is a pretty fucking delicate matter and shouldn't be done lightly. I think that's pretty obviously why they gave him as long to comply as they did.

I don't think it was DOJ that "delay[ed] and dither[ed]." It was Trump. :coffee:
If the stuff he had was so critical, so important, that we couldn't wait another second to go and get them (hence the FBI raid) then why was the material even allowed to leave the White House 20 months ago (where was DOJ then) and why did we play nice for the past 20 months? When Trump was on the way out of the White House, he couldn't have been at a lower place in terms of public perception - he had just been impeached for the second time, cabinet members had resigned, there had been active talk of booting him via the 25th amendment, etc. He was already damaged goods and standing up to him then for carting stuff out of the White House and shipping them to Mir-A-Lago would've been the time to do it. It's not like he was stuffing papers in his pockets or socks and sneaking them out, we're talking at least 15 boxes, if not more. And even if they did make it out of the White House, go and get them the next day. January 2020 was a long time ago. Leaving critical nuclear secrets, if that's what's really in these boxes, in somebody's basement is incredulous. Government needs to do better.
I see you have been drinking the right-wing propaganda.

Why was it allowed to leave? Because Trump took it before he left the office. Where was the DOJ? Protecting Trump.

Why did it take 20 months? The DOJ had to find out what was missing. They tried to take the high road and get Trump to Voluntarily return it. He delayed. They tried everything they could to AVOID executing a search warrant. Did they give a former President too much deference? Absolutely.
:thumb:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:14 pm
GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:45 am

If the stuff he had was so critical, so important, that we couldn't wait another second to go and get them (hence the FBI raid) then why was the material even allowed to leave the White House 20 months ago (where was DOJ then) and why did we play nice for the past 20 months? When Trump was on the way out of the White House, he couldn't have been at a lower place in terms of public perception - he had just been impeached for the second time, cabinet members had resigned, there had been active talk of booting him via the 25th amendment, etc. He was already damaged goods and standing up to him then for carting stuff out of the White House and shipping them to Mir-A-Lago would've been the time to do it. It's not like he was stuffing papers in his pockets or socks and sneaking them out, we're talking at least 15 boxes, if not more. And even if they did make it out of the White House, go and get them the next day. January 2020 was a long time ago. Leaving critical nuclear secrets, if that's what's really in these boxes, in somebody's basement is incredulous. Government needs to do better.
I see you have been drinking the right-wing propaganda.

Why was it allowed to leave? Because Trump took it before he left the office. Where was the DOJ? Protecting Trump.

Why did it take 20 months? The DOJ had to find out what was missing. They tried to take the high road and get Trump to Voluntarily return it. He delayed. They tried everything they could to AVOID executing a search warrant. Did they give a former President too much deference? Absolutely.
Whatever. It's not like the DOJ turns over completely with each administration, there are plenty of folks who are career and are there constantly. That's just as tripe as the Trumpers complaining now that Biden has "weaponized" the DOJ. And the President doesn't organize his own UHaul truck or moving company to get out of the White House, that's done by the bureaucracy as well. There were reports as Trump as leaving that there were things missing and the work started then on getting it back. Did Trump drag this out? Absolutely. Did the Biden administration's DOJ screw this up? Absolutely. And again, if anything missing was mission critical (like the nuclear codes or that type of thing) and we let that hang out there for 20 months then shame on us.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:11 pm So Trump is a TRAITOR. Everyone that still supports him is as well.

Bunch of ANTI-AMERICAN asswipes in the GOP. Party over Country.
If that is true we should also make every effort to be inclusive so to paraphrase ...
Hillary is a TRAITOR. Everyone that voted for her in 2016 is as well.

Bunch of ANTI-AMERICAN asswipes in the Democratic Party. Party over Country.
For the record, I think trump (like Hillary) is more of a narcissist who prioritizes himself (or herself) over the country and everyone else, than a traitor. Neither would have a problem with letting the country burn if it fed their ego.

:coffee:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

If it's genuinely nuclear related, and Trump's indicted and a jury convicts him, attorneys need to pursue the death penalty.

His idiocy and narcissism is putting our entire nation at risk...our friends, families, loved ones, etc.

While January 6 was traitorous IMO, it's an internal issue to sort out. This - if true - is on a complete different level of treason.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:54 pm If it's genuinely nuclear related, and Trump's indicted and a jury convicts him, attorneys need to pursue the death penalty.

His idiocy and narcissism is putting our entire nation at risk...our friends, families, loved ones, etc.

While January 6 was traitorous IMO, it's an internal issue to sort out. This - if true - is on a complete different level of treason.
So if the documents were so important to national security, why didn't they take them in June of this year, when they were there, instead of asking Trump to simply slap another lock on the door?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:05 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:54 pm If it's genuinely nuclear related, and Trump's indicted and a jury convicts him, attorneys need to pursue the death penalty.

So if the documents were so important to national security, why didn't they take them in June of this year, when they were there, instead of asking Trump to simply slap another lock on the door?
No one knows. Probably because they didn't yet have a search warrant and Trump didn't want to turn them over, so they couldn't take them.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:20 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:05 pm

No one knows. Probably because they didn't yet have a search warrant and Trump didn't want to turn them over, so they couldn't take them.
Then why wait two months if they involved national security?

I'm telling ya. I think what they were looking for were the documents related to Spygate that Trump declassified. After everything Trump has been through, do you really think they would involve something he couldn't care less about? Who gives two shits about nuclear documents if you're not the President anymore.

I'll start a poll and see what everyone else votes, but for me, I've been worn out by the Trump drama for a long time.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

They Spygate line makes no sense, imo.

Ok, there is an elaborate plot to delay the declassification process. Seems unlikely, but ok. Remember when Trump tweeted out the classified Iranian nuclear plant images? "We had a photo, and I released it, which I have the absolute right to do." So, he somehow resisted the urge to do the same thing with documents that prove #Spygate? Hmmm. Not buying it.

Why didn't Trump just turn the documents over to Durham? Durham and his team have clearance and have been working with classified materials. Durham subpoenaed DOJ for classified materials. Sucks DOJ couldn't turn these over since they were in Trump's closet. :(
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:37 pm They Spygate line makes no sense, imo.

Ok, there is an elaborate plot to delay the declassification process. Seems unlikely, but ok. Remember when Trump tweeted out the classified Iranian nuclear plant images? "We had a photo, and I released it, which I have the absolute right to do." So, he somehow resisted the urge to do the same thing with documents that prove #Spygate? Hmmm. Not buying it.

Why didn't Trump just turn the documents over to Durham? Durham and his team have clearance and have been working with classified materials. Durham subpoenaed DOJ for classified materials. Sucks DOJ couldn't turn these over since they were in Trump's closet. :(
He did turn the documents over to Durham, and if you remember, gave Barr full authority to declassify what was needed. Apparently, the whole "active investigation" line is still being used to prevent release.

Remember how they kept telling Trump during Mueller that if he declassified, he would be obstructing? Same thing.

I could easily be wrong in that those are not the documents the FBI was looking for, but they are still out there.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Full retard right there, folks. Full fucking retard.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Stay classy Conservative America…

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:54 am
BDKJMU wrote: It doesn’t bother me. I am simply taking the inaction of not altering my behavior to appease the woke trans ideologists. If someone gets offended at me failing to pretend the emperor has clothes by calling a spade a spade, I don’t care.
You use a lot of keystrokes to post about something that doesn't bother you.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
So do you.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:47 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yep. The drama queen retard twins have made an an appearance today..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:54 am You use a lot of keystrokes to post about something that doesn't bother you.

So do you.
LGBTQ+ don't bother me but closed-minded bigots do.

I'm trying to make the world a better place by exposing bigotry one irony at a time. :D

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:47 pm :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yep. The drama queen retard twins have made an an appearance today..
You and Reek?

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:00 pm
BDKJMU wrote: So do you.
LGBTQ+ don't bother me but closed-minded bigots do.

I'm trying to make the world a better place by exposing bigotry one irony at a time. :D

So its bigotry not to refer to a he as a she & vice versa, not use plural & invented pronouns for individuals, & not adhere to the woke trans ideology agenda? :dunce: Umm ok.. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:00 pm LGBTQ+ don't bother me but closed-minded bigots do.

So its bigotry not to refer to a he as a she & vice versa, not use plural & invented pronouns for individuals, & not adhere to the woke trans ideology agenda? :dunce: Umm ok.. Image
It's bigotry to mock LGBTQ+ on a regular basis. It's hypocrisy to do so and then say they don't bother you. It's obvious they get your panties in a bunch.

I don't adhere to the woke ideology agenda but I also don't adhere to the MAGAt ideology agenda. They're two sides of the same coin.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:59 am
Skjellyfetti wrote:If CID didn't rage quit because of the Ukraine thread, he definitely would have around about now. Image
Your main point is solid but I don't think there was any rage involved in CIDs departure. He got tired of arguing with kool-aid drinkers.

Nah it was a rage quit because people weren't buying into the pro-Ukraine war propaganda.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

I'm loving the leftists getting a rise out of the FBI raid on MAL. As if there wasn't something serious that wouldn't have already been found in the other fishing expeditions against Trump. This move just shows how desperate the Dems and Deep Staters are to keep him off the ballot in '24.

Agree with Gannon on this. Given that we're dealing with a former POTUS and the likely candidate for POTUS in '24 that was raided by the opposing party in charge, there better be something real that is found. Waiting to raid 20 months if there's nuclear secrets...mmmkay. :?

The fact that jelly thinks there is some "muh Russia" documents in there is comical. Still clinging to that narrative 6+ years later.  :rofl:

Oh and let's thank Cocain Mitch for keeping Garland off the bench one more time. Dude deserves a statue somewhere in DC for that move. :nod:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:10 pm
BDKJMU wrote: So its bigotry not to refer to a he as a she & vice versa, not use plural & invented pronouns for individuals, & not adhere to the woke trans ideology agenda? :dunce: Umm ok.. Image
It's bigotry to mock LGBTQ+ on a regular basis. It's hypocrisy to do so and then say they don't bother you. It's obvious they get your panties in a bunch.

I don't adhere to the woke ideology agenda but I also don't adhere to the MAGAt ideology agenda. They're two sides of the same coin.

I’m not.
Wrong
Wrong.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

:lol: :clap:

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:51 am :lol: :clap:

DeSantis has been pretty quiet on this and quite a few pundits have noticed. Not saying that's a bad thing, but you can tell he's measuring what he says.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
kalm wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:51 am Image :clap:

DeSantis has been pretty quiet on this and quite a few pundits have noticed. Not saying that's a bad thing, but you can tell he's measuring what he says.
Maybe he's worried that something will stick to trump.

bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

Looks like some pretty serious charges. Does anyone know if Trump can be tried as an adult?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:22 am
SeattleGriz wrote:
Maybe he's worried that something will stick to trump.

Nope. DeSantis is simply more of an establishment GOP guy. He knows where his bread is buttered.