Total votes: 33

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: January 6 - How much do you care?

Post by kalm »

So I only caught a few snippets from yesterday.

How’s the Ginger Mint Rebellion going?
Last edited by kalm on Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

For the record, I still have very little care for 1/6, especially with regard to Congress. Wake me up when the DOJ does something significant.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:18 am For the record, I still have very little care for 1/6, especially with regard to Congress. Wake me up when the DOJ does something significant.
Significance is up to you, but…

“Sean Flynn, who was a Trump campaign aide in Michigan, and David Shafer, chairman of the Goergia Republican Party, were also issued subpoenas, according to The Times report and CNN.“

https://businessinsider.com/doj-subpoen ... k_cYvLFfEk
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

CAA Flagship wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:18 am For the record, I still have very little care for 1/6, especially with regard to Congress. Wake me up when the DOJ does something significant.
Considering the FBI and DOJ were in cahoots to entrap 'militia members' to kidnap Michigan's governor, the DOJ is nothing more than the legal wing of the Donk party now.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:29 am
Considering the FBI and DOJ were in cahoots to entrap 'militia members' to kidnap Michigan's governor, the DOJ is nothing more than the legal wing of the Donk party now.
So any indictments will be soiled.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:12 am
kalm wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:02 pm

I’m bothered less by his chances of winning than I am with the increased threat of rioting and political violence BY THE LIBTARDS if he’s the nominee.
FIFY
No need to worry, the cops are always ready when the libtards come out. Unlike posing for selfies and wearing MAGA hats with the rioters at the Capitol. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:19 am So I only caught a few snippets from yesterday.

How’s the Ginger Mint Rebellion going?
Skin of their teeth was all they avoided disaster by......could have easily become another Battle of Covfefe
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:52 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:58 pm

It’s a choice we’ve made freely.
We?
He means the US gubmint, Z. Let me know if you need anything else clarified :thumb:
Last edited by houndawg on Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:07 pm
houndawg wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:29 pm

So you'd say that about 50% of the first-hand testimony under oath by those Republican advisors/operatives/cabinet members at the White House at that time is perjury?

Same for the first-hand testimony under oath of Mike Pence's staff?

And you know this because you haven't been watching the hearings? :?
He said it was inaccurate. That doesn’t make it perjury unless it’s intentionally inaccurate.
Well, I guess I do understand why he would be skeptical of a traitor Republican testifying under oath. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Politico Reporter Says Congressional Democrats Told Her Jan. 6 Is Not a ‘Top Tier’ Issue: ‘Nobody Gives a Bleep’
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/politico-re ... s-a-bleep/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Small fish…

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

if you continue to support Trump in particular and/or the Republican Party in general at this point, there is something wrong with you.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:23 am
Politico Reporter Says Congressional Democrats Told Her Jan. 6 Is Not a ‘Top Tier’ Issue: ‘Nobody Gives a Bleep’
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/politico-re ... s-a-bleep/
this must be that "deluge of new information" that Jamie Raskin was talking about? :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Apparently the only people that care about this topic are Democrats.

d note that Trafalgar’s question asks whether the January 6 probe will have any impact, not whether it will be important or the most important factor. Slightly over a third of Democrats say it won’t have any impact. Overall, only a third of voters say it will have any impact, and that doesn’t take into account what might have more impact even with those voters.

The only other demo to have a majority of respondents say this will have an impact on their midterm vote is black voters, and even that’s only 59/34. That’s clearly an overlap with Democrats too, but Democrats may want to worry more about other demos that usually also overlap with their party:

18-24YOs: 22/64
25-34YOs: 36/55
35-44YOs: 23/68
Women: 37/59
Hispanic: 32/67

And that’s after two weeks of wall-to-wall coverage in the media, too. If those demo splits look familiar, they should — they’re pretty close to the Quinnipiac poll numbers on Joe Biden’s job approval rating from Wednesday. That’s another reason to treat this poll seriously — its numbers line up pretty well with the political trends of the moment, which are entirely focused on the moment rather than the past.

The conclusion here is that the January 6 hearings won’t have any impact on the midterms. If anything, they exist to confirm choices for voters who were going to vote for Democrats already, or who want to acknowledge the awfulness of January 6 but also have other pressing priorities. That doesn’t mean that they won’t have any impact at all, though. It may well be that the effort will have more impact on the 2024 presidential primaries, especially but not limited to the GOP. If the needle doesn’t move in the midterms with this, Democrats may decide that they really need to find a new message and a new set of policies to sell to voters rather than the regurgitation of twenty years of radical-progressive nanny-statism.
https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/06 ... ce-n478418
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:24 am Apparently the only people that care about this topic are Democrats.

d note that Trafalgar’s question asks whether the January 6 probe will have any impact, not whether it will be important or the most important factor. Slightly over a third of Democrats say it won’t have any impact. Overall, only a third of voters say it will have any impact, and that doesn’t take into account what might have more impact even with those voters.

The only other demo to have a majority of respondents say this will have an impact on their midterm vote is black voters, and even that’s only 59/34. That’s clearly an overlap with Democrats too, but Democrats may want to worry more about other demos that usually also overlap with their party:

18-24YOs: 22/64
25-34YOs: 36/55
35-44YOs: 23/68
Women: 37/59
Hispanic: 32/67

And that’s after two weeks of wall-to-wall coverage in the media, too. If those demo splits look familiar, they should — they’re pretty close to the Quinnipiac poll numbers on Joe Biden’s job approval rating from Wednesday. That’s another reason to treat this poll seriously — its numbers line up pretty well with the political trends of the moment, which are entirely focused on the moment rather than the past.

The conclusion here is that the January 6 hearings won’t have any impact on the midterms. If anything, they exist to confirm choices for voters who were going to vote for Democrats already, or who want to acknowledge the awfulness of January 6 but also have other pressing priorities. That doesn’t mean that they won’t have any impact at all, though. It may well be that the effort will have more impact on the 2024 presidential primaries, especially but not limited to the GOP. If the needle doesn’t move in the midterms with this, Democrats may decide that they really need to find a new message and a new set of policies to sell to voters rather than the regurgitation of twenty years of radical-progressive nanny-statism.
https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/06 ... ce-n478418
Which if true is sad. But I’m guessing there are more than afew Trump associates who care.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:31 am

Which if true is sad. But I’m guessing there are more than afew Trump associates who care.
According to the full poll results, just 13%. Independents are at 17%.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:00 am

The audience being played to is Independents and the DOJ
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Trump associates, not everyday Republicans.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Recent report shows Pelosi to blame. Police force at 1/2 capacity plus other multiple issues.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:14 pm Recent report shows Pelosi to blame. Police force at 1/2 capacity plus other multiple issues.
linky?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

bobbythekidd wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:17 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:14 pm Recent report shows Pelosi to blame. Police force at 1/2 capacity plus other multiple issues.
linky?
This report has all the rigor, and then some, of the Jan 6 group.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/06/23/in ... s-capitol/
Investigators: Pelosi Responsible For Jan. 6 Security Breakdown At U.S. Capitol

Security breakdown at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, a preliminary report from Republican investigators Reps. Jim Banks and Rodney Davis determined.

The Capitol Police (USCP) were half-staffed on Jan. 6, Pelosi’s House Sergeant at Arms denied multiple requests for National Guard assistance from the Pentagon and the USCP Chief in the days leading up to Jan. 6, officers were poorly equipped and had insufficient riot shields and helmets, and they were never trained to handle a riot even after the riots of 2020, the investigation shows, according to Banks
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:29 pm
bobbythekidd wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:17 pm
linky?
This report has all the rigor, and then some, of the Jan 6 group.

https://thefederalist.com/2022/06/23/in ... s-capitol/
Investigators: Pelosi Responsible For Jan. 6 Security Breakdown At U.S. Capitol

Security breakdown at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, a preliminary report from Republican investigators Reps. Jim Banks and Rodney Davis determined.

The Capitol Police (USCP) were half-staffed on Jan. 6, Pelosi’s House Sergeant at Arms denied multiple requests for National Guard assistance from the Pentagon and the USCP Chief in the days leading up to Jan. 6, officers were poorly equipped and had insufficient riot shields and helmets, and they were never trained to handle a riot even after the riots of 2020, the investigation shows, according to Banks
I’m quite certain this was debunked a long time ago.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:59 am
Purely precautionary, nothing to see here, routine paperwork...

:rofl:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

It's not asking if they care.

It's asking if it will impact their vote.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)