I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: January 6 - How much do you care?

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:24 am
kalm wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:56 am

Ok…so I’m guilty of a little hyperbole.

Satisfied?

:)
It was hyperbolic but a point worth making.

Technically BDKalmR is correct, there are people who believe Tucker. There are kool-aid drinking right-wing radicals who consider Tucker and his ilk at Fox credible. Just like there are kool-aid drinking left-wing radicals who consider Lawrence O'Donnell and his ilk at MSNBC and CNN credible. I feel sorry for both sets of pathetic suckers. :coffee:
Valid, but even broken clocks are right twice a day. So just because somebody like O'Donnell or Tucker says something, doesn't automatically make them wrong. It needs to be evaluated strongly against other evidence and viewpoints, but we can't just ignore them. (And here I thought you were a moderate :ohno: )

The idiocy surrounding the Jan 6th hearings and now being able to view the videos, Tucker does have a point about the situation. IMHO, he is not wrong, but he is not completely right about the events that day either. The truth is somewhere in between, but he is more right (barely) than other news groups/people covering it. :twocents:

Now I need a shower after saying we should not just ignore people like O'Donnell or Tucker.....
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

“Wait your turn! Wait your turn!”

:lol:

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:39 am

Technically BDKalmR is correct, there are people who believe Tucker. There are kool-aid drinking right-wing radicals who consider Tucker and his ilk at Fox credible. Just like there are kool-aid drinking left-wing radicals who consider Lawrence O'Donnell and his ilk at MSNBC and CNN credible. I feel sorry for both sets of pathetic suckers. :coffee:
Valid, but even broken clocks are right twice a day. So just because somebody like O'Donnell or Tucker says something, doesn't automatically make them wrong. It needs to be evaluated strongly against other evidence and viewpoints, but we can't just ignore them. (And here I thought you were a moderate :ohno: )

The idiocy surrounding the Jan 6th hearings and now being able to view the videos, Tucker does have a point about the situation. IMHO, he is not wrong, but he is not completely right about the events that day either. The truth is somewhere in between, but he is more right (barely) than other news groups/people covering it. :twocents:

Now I need a shower after saying we should not just ignore people like O'Donnell or Tucker.....
Tucker (or O'Donnell) might be right sometimes but I don't have enough time to sift through his bullsh!t to figure out what's accurate and what isn't. I'd rather find more reliable sources and save myself the headache.

I'm on record as stating that the Democrats turned the Jan 6 hearings into a dog and pony show. They were more interested in presenting the evidence that supported their partisan views just like Tucker is more interested in presenting the evidence that supports his partisan views. As you said the truth is somewhere in between.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:59 am

Tucker (or O'Donnell) might be right sometimes but I don't have enough time to sift through his bullsh!t to figure out what's accurate and what isn't. I'd rather find more reliable sources and save myself the headache.

I'm on record as stating that the Democrats turned the Jan 6 hearings into a dog and pony show. They were more interested in presenting the evidence that supported their partisan views just like Tucker is more interested in presenting the evidence that supports his partisan views. As you said the truth is somewhere in between.
I do the exact same as I find that the few "facts" are so far and few between, along with being covered in a mountain of bullshit and personal bias (which is the same thing), that I do not bother.

But some people do bother and it behooves those of us that are more centralist to acknowledged when they do make a good point, along with pointing out when they do not. We should be able to begrudge them that one little point since it comes by only once in a blue moon. We are on the "high road" after all. :kisswink:

I fully agree with your second paragraph and am fine with charging those that broke the law with the "appropriate" sentence to fit their crime. What I am not good with is changing the rules to fit a particular agenda or denying defendants their right to due process.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:59 am

I do the exact same as I find that the few "facts" are so far and few between, along with being covered in a mountain of bullshit and personal bias (which is the same thing), that I do not bother.

But some people do bother and it behooves those of us that are more centralist to acknowledged when they do make a good point, along with pointing out when they do not. We should be able to begrudge them that one little point since it comes by only once in a blue moon. We are on the "high road" after all. :kisswink:

I fully agree with your second paragraph and am fine with charging those that broke the law with the "appropriate" sentence to fit their crime. What I am not good with is changing the rules to fit a particular agenda or denying defendants their right to due process.
1). I’m genuinely curious to see what you both go to for news and commentary. I’m always looking for new sources.

2). You do realize you don’t get more “centralist” (not to mention corporatist) than O’Donnell, right? Grant you he’s totally partisan but on the political spectrum he’s in the middle.

(This might indicate a deeper problem with our two party system).
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Call me when the untuckered version comes out. :coffee:

Capitiol Police got caught with their pants down by their fellow travelers.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Bullshit - and SGPTNSBTCH level bullshit at that... :shock:

They didn't present anything but people who were there at the time giving their version of what they saw and heard. All of them Republicans and/or Trump appointees. Please. :tothehand:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:45 am Absolute bald faced lie from Garland. ZERO officers died on Jan 6..
"because of " and "on" are not the same thing.

Stupid fuck. :ohno:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:09 am

They didn't present anything but people who were there at the time giving their version of what they saw and heard. All of them Republicans and/or Trump appointees. Please. :tothehand:
Wrong. :dunce:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:46 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:09 am

I knew that would smoke you out. :lol:

The hearings had none of the grandstanding of the Benghazi witch hunt. The committee just sat there and let the people who were on the scene tell us what happened. And tell us they did :shock:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:05 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:46 pm

The hearings had none of the grandstanding of the Benghazi witch hunt. The committee just sat there and let the people who were on the scene tell us what happened. And tell us they did :shock:
The democrat 1/6 hearings were one giant, grandstanding, dog and pony show. :nod: And not all were conks/and or Trump appointees as you claimed. Not even remotely close. :dunce:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:07 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:05 pm

The democrat 1/6 hearings were one giant, grandstanding, dog and pony show. :nod: And not all were conks/and or Trump appointees as you claimed. Not even remotely close. :dunce:

Who wasn't a Republican or a Trump appointee and what was their testimony about? :coffee:

All the first-hand testimony from the White House was from Republicans. :nod:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:36 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:07 pm

Who wasn't a Republican or a Trump appointee and what was their testimony about? :coffee:
The J6 committee interviewed over 1,000 witnesses, including donk members of Congress and their staffs. + people's whose political isn't known- like Capitol Police and Georgia election workers.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:30 pm

The J6 committee interviewed over 1,000 witnesses, including donk members of Congress and their staffs. + people's whose political isn't known- like Capitol Police and Georgia election workers.
Tucker must have interviewed a ton of them.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

:roll:

small fry - the people that were closest to the President, working in the White House, on-the-scene eyewitnesses - all Republicans and/or Trump appointees telling what they saw in their own words. And don't try to pass off that bullshit about the Capitol Police political views being unknown - right up to Jan.6 LEOs were overwhelmingly Trumplets, still are - how do you think the CP got caught so poorly prepared? If that were a BLM protest they would have been armed to the teeth and in full body armor :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:27 pm

small fry - the people that were closest to the President, working in the White House, on-the-scene eyewitnesses - all Republicans and/or Trump appointees telling what they saw in their own words. And don't try to pass off that bullshit about the Capitol Police political views being unknown - right up to Jan.6 LEOs were overwhelmingly Trumplets, still are - how do you think the CP got caught so poorly prepared? If that were a BLM protest they would have been armed to the teeth and in full body armor :coffee:
Of course they would be but what would the Capitol Police be wearing?
Last edited by UNI88 on Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:27 pm

Of course of the 1k people the committee got testimony from, they only put a few doz conks in front of the cameras for their prime time dog and pony show.

And don’t be a :dunce: and think that all the CP officers were conk Trump supporters. One of the J6’s committees star CP officer witnesses was a huge donk lefty, going by his social media. The one that Tucker interviewed last night- also a Biden voter.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

WH deputy press secretary telling the same lie. I guess the WH thinks if they and their lapdogs in the MSM repeat the lie often enough, people will belive it.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:55 am
Winterborn wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:59 am

1). I’m genuinely curious to see what you both go to for news and commentary. I’m always looking for new sources.

2). You do realize you don’t get more “centralist” (not to mention corporatist) than O’Donnell, right? Grant you he’s totally partisan but on the political spectrum he’s in the middle.

1) I read the same news articles and sources you do. We just have different lens we wear due to our experiences, beliefs, and dreams, etc..

2) Depends on your lens. Your lens says he is a Centrist. Mine says he is the same as Tucker and isn't worth the gas to race a piss-ant's scooter around a cheerio.

In the name of science (and if you agree), lets do an experiment. The following article is from the Washington Post and I read it on MSN News Feed (something I regularly do). In one or two words, describe what you think when you read it. And there are no wrong answers. :thumb:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/covid ... r-AA18mBh0
When the next pandemic sweeps the United States, health officials in Ohio won’t be able to shutter businesses or schools, even if they become epicenters of outbreaks. Nor will they be empowered to force Ohioans who have been exposed to go into quarantine. State officials in North Dakota are barred from directing people to wear masks to slow the spread. Not even the president can force federal agencies to issue vaccination or testing mandates to thwart its march.

Conservative and libertarian forces have defanged much of the nation’s public health system through legislation and litigation as the world staggers into the fourth year of covid.

At least 30 states, nearly all led by Republican legislatures, have passed laws since 2020 that limit public health authority, according to a Washington Post analysis of laws collected by Kaiser Health News and the Associated Press as well as the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials and the Center for Public Health Law Research at Temple University.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:08 am
kalm wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:55 am

1) I read the same news articles and sources you do. We just have different lens we wear due to our experiences, beliefs, and dreams, etc..

2) Depends on your lens. Your lens says he is a Centrist. Mine says he is the same as Tucker and isn't worth the gas to race a piss-ant's scooter around a cheerio.

In the name of science (and if you agree), lets do an experiment. The following article is from the Washington Post and I read it on MSN News Feed (something I regularly do). In one or two words, describe what you think when you read it. And there are no wrong answers. :thumb:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/covid ... r-AA18mBh0
When the next pandemic sweeps the United States, health officials in Ohio won’t be able to shutter businesses or schools, even if they become epicenters of outbreaks. Nor will they be empowered to force Ohioans who have been exposed to go into quarantine. State officials in North Dakota are barred from directing people to wear masks to slow the spread. Not even the president can force federal agencies to issue vaccination or testing mandates to thwart its march.

Conservative and libertarian forces have defanged much of the nation’s public health system through legislation and litigation as the world staggers into the fourth year of covid.

At least 30 states, nearly all led by Republican legislatures, have passed laws since 2020 that limit public health authority, according to a Washington Post analysis of laws collected by Kaiser Health News and the Associated Press as well as the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials and the Center for Public Health Law Research at Temple University.
Mostly true. (Two words or less is limiting)

O’Donnell is a good example of corporatism and legacy news propaganda.

MSNBC’s niche is left leaning/neo-liberal infotainment…hosted by fair percentage of Republicans and former Republicans. Their job is profit and support of corporate owners and sponsors fit within a center left framework.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:31 am
Mostly true. (Two words or less is limiting)

O’Donnell is a good example of corporatism and legacy news propaganda.

MSNBC’s niche is left leaning/neo-liberal infotainment…hosted by fair percentage of Republicans and former Republicans. Their job is profit and support of corporate owners and sponsors fit within a center left framework.
I know it is limiting and that limit was deliberate as it forces one to think holistically about an article and really distill down what it means to a reader.

My word or two to describe that particular article was "satisfaction". In that there are consequences in betraying the trust people have in a particular institution and that at least some people are willing to question the government scrip and push back.

You say "mostly true", I say it is above that (again just my opinion) and the article indirectly (I doubt the author meant to do this) highlights what I consider victories that happened during COVID and that the only people health officials have to blame is themselves.

This is pretty basic, and I am sure you know this from reading my posts, but I am in favor of less government and more freedom to choose. You are have a big heart towards others and that concern influences your beliefs in what role the government should play and how you interpret data. Both viewpoints are needed and while we will not agree in most areas, the discussion we will have makes us both better. :nod:

Again, depends on how you define those "Republicans". They may have called themselves that and stumped under that banner but it doesn't mean they are that. I am a firm believer that definitions of a word need to be considered very closely to see if those words should be used (and I am not a fan of big buckets, I like nuance :D ), to me they just used that term out of convenience, because they had to choose, and depending on where they were from, they chose who gave them the best odds of winning (Half of ND state "Republicans" are really neo-liberals at best and vote in line with the "Democrat" reps 75% of the time).

I like the term neo-liberal because that describes them much closer than Republican, I wouldn't call them conservative in anything but the very broadest sense of the word. The term Republican or Democrat, IMHO, shouldn't be used to describe a person except in the most basic of senses as it really doesn't describe that persons beliefs nor how they vote. MSNBC knows its audience (and it is why O'Donnell is there) and that leans very corporate (like you said) but it also is barely center (again per my left, center, right definition). I know there was a long couple of posts on that very topic (how one defines left, center, right) but for most people I know MSNBC is seen as a shill for the Democratic party first and big corporations second. Nothing in their reporting the last 8+ years has shown me otherwise. :twocents:

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:02 am
WH deputy press secretary telling the same lie. I guess the WH thinks if they and their lapdogs in the MSM repeat the lie often enough, people will belive it.
They're parsing words and you're peddling their bullsh!t. No officers died on January 6 does not mean that no officers died as a result of January 6. You can argue that the events of January 6 did not cause the stroke or suicides but you cannot definitively proove it.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:51 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:02 am
They're parsing words and you're peddling their bullsh!t. No officers died on January 6 does not mean that no officers died as a result of January 6. You can argue that the events of January 6 did not cause the stroke or suicides but you cannot definitively proove it.
No, when they’re definitely stating it, its beyond parsing words. Its flat out lying.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:25 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:51 am
No, when they’re definitely stating it, its beyond parsing words. Its flat out lying.
She stated that it was a violent attack that cost police officers their lives. What did she lie about?
  • That it was a violent attack? It was not a completely peaceful demonstration, there was violence involved so that wasn't a lie.
  • That cost police officers their lives? Police officers died in the days and month following the attack and it could be argued that the attack was the root cause of at least some of those deaths.
It was an attempt to subvert our electoral process and thus an attack on our republic. You can try to whitewash it to make it look better for the MAGAt right if you want but that's no better than the loony left trying to make it into a near coup that almost ended the republic.