AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: January 6 - How much do you care?

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:57 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:43 pm

He had an outstanding warrant (probably why he attempted to flee), he had broken the law, and he could have used the vehicle as a weapon (there’s PLENTY of case law to support that.

Was she within here rights to shoot (even though video evidence supports her assertion it wasn’t her intention)?
I'm not sure attempting to flee is the same as riotting against the US Government.

Also, why couldn't have Kim let him run off? They knew who he was and where he lived, go get him with backup and maybe a seasoned pro or two that knows the difference between a taser and a gun.
yeah. let him get entrenched in a house full of weapons. Sure thing. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
Spoiler: show
you know I'm just being contrarian here...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

bobbythekidd wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:37 pm BINGO

They knew who he was

Let him drive away, pick him up later when he’s at Kroger buying grape drank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well shit. You are asking cops to act like a police organization. To protect and serve. We haven't been doing that for years.
Hundreds of police departments practice common sense every day.

Most of them also keep weak cops like this one off the streets

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:54 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:42 pm

The same as any other "protests" that entered government buildings and broke shit...so a 1.
Saying that was the same as any other protest that entered government buildings and broke stuff is ridiculous.
You're ridiculous...and a clown sucking that Biden cock.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:19 am
HI54UNI wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:41 am On a scale of 1-10 how much do you care about January 6th? 10 being it was as bad as Pearl Harbor and 9/11. 1 if you don't give a damn.
I'm about a hard 6/soft 7 because of the feeble response.

The leadership of the Capitol Police were definitely exposed as to where they stand. Combat ready when the lefties come around, pants down and bent over holding their ankles for their fellow travelers on the right.
Now ask yourself why that is?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

The they had "informants" for the MI Gov "kidnapping", they sure as fuck had boots on the ground during the MAGA "peaceful protest" at the Capitol. :coffee:

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:19 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:19 am

I'm about a hard 6/soft 7 because of the feeble response.

The leadership of the Capitol Police were definitely exposed as to where they stand. Combat ready when the lefties come around, pants down and bent over holding their ankles for their fellow travelers on the right.
Now ask yourself why that is?
Because both groups have lots of white supremacist in their group?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:11 pm I can’t get above a 2. It was a riot, which is bad, but riots happen all the time, and it was hardly a threat to our “democracy.”
My thoughts exactly.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:35 am
bobbythekidd wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:38 pm

Well shit. You are asking cops to act like a police organization. To protect and serve. We haven't been doing that for years.
When you're overwhelmed you try to check the things at the top of the list first - so job 1 is protect the private property of the very wealthy from the underclass/what's left of the middle class.
:clap:

This is far more true than it should be. :nod:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I had to think about this and was interested to see the replies before I voted.

I went with a 10.

Any threats to democracy are concerning. If this was just a bunch of uppity yahoo’s causing a ruckus that would go away quickly it would be one thing. This was far more than that, beginning with the efforts by Trump and his minions to subvert the election results and continuing a year later with an uncomfortably large amount of people still in denial including elected officials and military and law enforcement types.

It’s the kind of shit that we, as a nation, supposedly steeped in the ideals of fair elections, peaceful debate, etc. should collectively and unequivocally renounce.

Crisis periods in history often mean rapid (and uncomfortable) change along with lost faith in institutions. That explains much of this, but history should also teach us to be aware of what has happened before and what could happen again if we don’t take it seriously.

We shouldn’t be remotely close to these kind of internal threats.

:coffee:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:52 am I had to think about this and was interested to see the replies before I voted.

I went with a 10.

Any threats to democracy are concerning. If this was just a bunch of uppity yahoo’s causing a ruckus that would go away quickly it would be one thing. This was far more than that, beginning with the efforts by Trump and his minions to subvert the election results and continuing a year later with an uncomfortably large amount of people still in denial including elected officials and military and law enforcement types.

It’s the kind of shit that we, as a nation, supposedly steeped in the ideals of fair elections, peaceful debate, etc. should collectively and unequivocally renounce.

Crisis periods in history often mean rapid (and uncomfortable) change along with lost faith in institutions. That explains much of this, but history should also teach us to be aware of what has happened before and what could happen again if we don’t take it seriously.

I had three people in mind that would vote it a ten. You were number 2.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:I had to think about this and was interested to see the replies before I voted.

I went with a 10.

Alas, the Shaman failed to wrest the Gavel of Power from the Bitch Queen!

He was sooo close to installing Donald the Mighty on the Four Year Throne!!!

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:57 am
kalm wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:52 am I had to think about this and was interested to see the replies before I voted.

I went with a 10.

I’m fine with that.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:28 am
kalm wrote:I had to think about this and was interested to see the replies before I voted.

I went with a 10.

Alas, the Shaman failed to wrest the Gavel of Power from the Bitch Queen!

Yes…you’ve said that about 10 times. Never mind the rest of what was going on. And what would have happened if the mob had caught up with Pelosi? They would have smoked Kinnikinnick out of his pipe and come to an understanding?

New material please.

Yawn.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:28 am
Winterborn wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:57 am

I’m fine with that.
We are all predictable in our own ways.

Somebody said that this place is like a neighborhood bar and I think that is a good description. We all have our favorite drinks we order before we get started throwing peanut shells at each other. :lol:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:33 am
kalm wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:28 am

I’m fine with that.

Somebody said that this place is like a neighborhood bar and I think that is a good description. We all have our favorite drinks we order before we get started throwing peanut shells at each other. :lol:

Should almost be it’s own thread. CSers as tavern patrons.

Jalmond: dedicated juke box guy
Bobbythekid: lurker in the corner
GATW: Barney
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:44 am
Winterborn wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:33 am

:notworthy:

I will be playing pool back in the corner. 8-)

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:28 am Alas, the Shaman failed to wrest the Gavel of Power from the Bitch Queen!

Yes…you’ve said that about 10 times. Never mind the rest of what was going on. And what would have happened if the mob had caught up with Pelosi? They would have smoked Kinnikinnick out of his pipe and come to an understanding?

New material please.

Yawn.
No absurd enough for you? I’m just trying to fit in with your histrionics

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:47 am
kalm wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:44 am

:notworthy:

I will be playing pool back in the corner. 8-)
89 is Moe.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:20 pm The they had "informants" for the MI Gov "kidnapping", they sure as fuck had boots on the ground during the MAGA "peaceful protest" at the Capitol. :coffee:

Well, there’s your proof the FBI was involved in 1/6.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:47 am
kalm wrote:

New material please.

Yawn.

It was decently funny the first few times you used it.

Histrionics…a term often used by those in denial.

:thumb:
Bobcat
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

I went with a 10.

The federal government is bringing this on themselves. They need to look into a mirror and see what the real problem is and why the people are angry, the vast majority of the politicians need to be replaced and if they won't leave on their own, I'm open to doing it in other ways. They do not deserve protection and isolation from the people they govern, they need to be held accountable for their actions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:47 am No absurd enough for you? I’m just trying to fit in with your histrionics

….or people describing a riot in the capitol building as nearly toppling the world’s oldest democracy.. without actually being able to describe the mechanism by which that would have happened

Please keep pushing that narrative and all the others though … next fall our democracy, strong as ever, will send the Dems to the political wilderness for 20 years and then you can pivot to “stop the suppression” histrionics

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

I went with a 10.

:suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:50 am
CID1990 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:47 am

Who is more delusional?
- The people claiming January 6 wasn't that great of a threat to our REPUBLIC.
- The people comparing January 6 to 9/11, Pearl Harbor or the Civil War.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:04 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:50 am

Who is more delusional?
- The people claiming January 6 wasn't that great of a threat to our REPUBLIC.
- The people comparing January 6 to 9/11, Pearl Harbor or the Civil War.
Depends on how you define "that great".