Total votes: 33

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: January 6 - How much do you care?

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:28 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:24 am Nothing like a Mason Dixon line anymore. The division is more based on rural vs urban than states or regions. Even a deep red state like Alabama has Donk strongholds in Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, etc.
There were the same issues during the Civil War too. It could happen. :coffee: :coffee:
We're closer to it than we've been in a long time. It's not all trump's fault (I'd say it close to 50/50) but he has fanned the flames to feed his own ego and the left has responded with their own incendiary rhetoric, calling him a fascist and similar. We might be able to move past it more quickly if he would just fade from the public eye. Unfortunately, I don't think he can put the country first.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:58 pm

There were the same issues during the Civil War too. It could happen. :coffee: :coffee:
We're closer to it than we've been in a long time. It's not all trump's fault (I'd say it close to 50/50) but he has fanned the flames to feed his own ego and the left has responded with their own incendiary rhetoric, calling him a fascist and similar. We might be able to move past it more quickly if he would just fade from the public eye. Unfortunately, I don't think he can put the country first.
:lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Pussy. You think DeSantis is going to step in and call a spade a spade? No. Donald Trump is inevitable, like Thanos.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:07 pm
If you would take off your illiberal blinders you would realize that:
  • this sh!t has been happening since long before trump was a candidate and it's been getting worse.
  • that trump coming on the scene caused both sides to become more intransient and extreme. trump might be throwing gas on the fire but you and your illiberal brethren calling him a fascist and believing that it's okay to sidestep rules of justice in order to get him is just as incendiary to the right as trump and the MAGAts' actions are to the left.
I worry about the future of this country not because I think trump might become a fascist dictator but because the extremes of the right and left are willing to stoop to new lows in their actions and their justifications. They both blame the other side and are unwilling to take responsibility for their own actions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

The dems won’t LET him “fade”, FFS. They NEED him to be in the public eye, to keep him as the boogeyman. Otherwise, they’d have to actually run on their stellar records.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

but the dems banned him from twitter! lolol
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:46 pm
The dems won’t LET him “fade”, FFS. They NEED him to be in the public eye, to keep him as the boogeyman. Otherwise, they’d have to actually run on their stellar records.
And he's willing to oblige them and play his part because his ego needs the attention and his followers lap it up and believe his BS ... 50/50.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:54 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:46 pm

And he's willing to oblige them and play his part because his ego needs the attention and his followers lap it up and believe his BS ... 50/50.
What would you have him do? Roll over and take it up the ass? Would YOU?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:29 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:07 pm

• this sh!t has been happening since long before trump was a candidate and it's been getting worse.
  • that trump coming on the scene caused both sides to become more intransient and extreme. trump might be throwing gas on the fire but you and your illiberal brethren calling him a fascist and believing that it's okay to sidestep rules of justice in order to get him is just as incendiary to the right as trump and the MAGAts' actions are to the left.
I worry about the future of this country not because I think trump might become a fascist dictator but because the extremes of the right and left are willing to stoop to new lows in their actions and their justifications. They both blame the other side and are unwilling to take responsibility for their own actions.
I don’t believe it’s ok to sidestep the rules of justice. (Ironically, that’s kind of what this is all about). There are very few if any insiders and legal experts I follow who suggest railroading.

As a subscriber of generational theory I’m well aware of the history. Trump’s ascendency (or someone similar) may have been almost inevitable

Wheels of justice are way ahead of us here and much is speculative but there are strong indications of where it’s heading.

And if it were only Trump I’d be relieved. But sadly it’s trumpism that will likely take decades to unravel. Peak self centeredness that panders to those seeking dominance over others, mixed in with attachment to the good old days.

It’s political AND cultural. That took decades to build up to.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:59 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:54 pm
I hope I would act like an adult and provide good leadership not run around spouting lies like the election was stolen and inflaming my supporters.

He's not taking it in the ass, he's fvcking the Republican Party in the ass by prioritizing candidate loyalty to him over their ability to win a general election. He's a narcissistic sociopath and half of the sh!t he gets he brings on himself with his words and his actions. Is it asking too much to ask him to be a grownup and take responsibility for his own words and actions?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:25 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:29 pm
I don’t believe it’s ok to sidestep the rules of justice. (Ironically, that’s kind of what this is all about). There are very few if any insiders and legal experts I follow who suggest railroading.

As a subscriber of generational theory I’m well aware of the history. Trump’s ascendency (or someone similar) may have been almost inevitable

Wheels of justice are way ahead of us here and much is speculative but there are strong indications of where it’s heading.

And if it were only Trump I’d be relieved. But sadly it’s trumpism that will likely take decades to unravel. Peak self centeredness that panders to those seeking dominance over others, mixed in with attachment to the good old days.

You are so totally focused on trump and what he's done that you overlook all that illiberals have done. You're concerned about the USSS and DHS deleting text messages but gloss over the FBI's role in surveilling trump and Russia collusion. You won't let January 6 die but you've already forgotten about the AnTiFa riots of 2020 and the complicity of Democratic leaders in encouraging them. Democrats were quick to move beyond emailgate with Hilllary. They ignored the smoke of Hunter's laptop and profiting from ventures in Ukraine and China. Why didn't the FBI investigate Hunter more thoroughly? That's just the tip of iceberg.

I'm not defending what trump and his MAGAts have done, he's a scumbag and I wish he would go away. I'm pointing out that the Democratic Party and its most ardent supporters aren't reallly better. I'm disgusted by all of them.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:41 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:59 pm

I hope I would act like an adult and provide good leadership not run around spouting lies like the election was stolen and inflaming my supporters.

He's not taking it in the ass, he's fvcking the Republican Party in the ass by prioritizing candidate loyalty to him over their ability to win a general election. He's a narcissistic sociopath and half of the sh!t he gets he brings on himself with his words and his actions. Is it asking too much to ask him to be a grownup and take responsibility for his own words and actions?
I’m talking about NOW. The 1/6 commission. The raid on Mar a Lago. Shit like that.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:38 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:41 pm

I’m talking about NOW. The 1/6 commission. The raid on Mar a Lago. Shit like that.
2 examples of sh!t he brings on himself. His rhetoric got the people who raided the Capitol to come to Washington and once they were there he egged them on. The 1/6 commission might have been a circus but its original purpose was valid; January 6 was a serious event that deserved an investigation. And trump contributed to it becoming a circus by opposing a bipartisan committee. The raid on Mar a Lago might have been ham-handed but it doesn't happen if trump doesn't take documents from the White House. If those are examples of him getting fvcked in the ass then he dropped his drawers bent over and told them where to put it. It's almost like he sets himself up so he can play the victim and get his MAGAts raging against the machine.

This conk idea that this isn't trump's fault and the donks are just out to get him is as laughable as the donk idea that trump is a fascist who will end the republic.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:50 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:25 pm

You are so totally focused on trump and what he's done that you overlook all that illiberals have done. You're concerned about the USSS and DHS deleting text messages but gloss over the FBI's role in surveilling trump and Russia collusion. You won't let January 6 die but you've already forgotten about the AnTiFa riots of 2020 and the complicity of Democratic leaders in encouraging them. Democrats were quick to move beyond emailgate with Hilllary. They ignored the smoke of Hunter's laptop and profiting from ventures in Ukraine and China. Why didn't the FBI investigate Hunter more thoroughly? That's just the tip of iceberg.

I'm not defending what trump and his MAGAts have done, he's a scumbag and I wish he would go away. I'm pointing out that the Democratic Party and its most ardent supporters aren't reallly better. I'm disgusted by all of them.
Not at all. I’m fine with investigating Hunter, Hillary, Biden’s dog…

They’re just not nearly as a big of a story.

I have significant issues with the Democratic Party, some of them (coincidently) similar to the issues I have with the R’s. Grift, entrenched power, corporatism, over-regulation. That’s why I’m not a Democrat.

I’m laser focused on trumpism because it’s likely the biggest political crossroads and story of my lifetime. And I was alive during Watergate. Not to mention he represents nearly everything that I see wrong with American political culture. And he represents it quite well and unapologetically.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

This a solid article on the search from a reliable source. Here’s the summary:
That is not an abuse of law enforcement processes. That is how the law works.

You cannot remove properly marked classified documents and place them in a location not authorized for retention of classified documents. You cannot obstruct a federal investigation seeking to lawfully recover those documents. You cannot present false statements to federal investigators.

Our jails are filled with people who have gone to jail for less. Search warrants are executed on properties and residences every day by local, state and federal law enforcement authorities in a manner no different than what happened at Mar-a-Lago. Those individuals’ lawyers also are not permitted to impede or micromanage the execution of the warrant, just as Trump’s lawyers were not permitted to do so.

Those search warrants also tend to result in agents rummaging through areas that contain personal items but which fall within the scope of the search warrant, just as happened at Mar-a-Lago. The individuals subject to the search warrant also are not permitted access to the underlying probable cause affidavit unless and until there is an actual criminal indictment. Trump is not special in that regard.

None of this means former President Trump will ultimately be indicted. He very well might be, and other individuals who removed properly marked classified records from secure locations have been prosecuted and sent to prison for that offense.

If Trump is indicted, he will have access to the full criminal justice process and can make every declassification defense he wishes at that time in pre-trial motions.

Until that time, let the justice system run its course

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trump-m ... -justified
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:59 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:38 pm
2 examples of sh!t he brings on himself. His rhetoric got the people who raided the Capitol to come to Washington and once they were there he egged them on. The 1/6 commission might have been a circus but its original purpose was valid; January 6 was a serious event that deserved an investigation. And trump contributed to it becoming a circus by opposing a bipartisan committee. The raid on Mar a Lago might have been ham-handed but it doesn't happen if trump doesn't take documents from the White House. If those are examples of him getting fvcked in the ass then he dropped his drawers bent over and told them where to put it. It's almost like he sets himself up so he can play the victim and get his MAGAts raging against the machine.

This conk idea that this isn't trump's fault and the donks are just out to get him is as laughable as the donk idea that trump is a fascist who will end the republic.
yes. Because he's the first president to take documents from the White House. And he's the first politician to claim an election was stolen. You guys act like he INVENTED this shit. He just happens to be better at it than the swampers. :lol: :lol:

and as far as the bolded sentence, I wouldn't doubt it. :coffee: but here's a newsflash: There NEEDS to be some rage against the "machine". Badly.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:02 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:59 pm

yes. Because he's the first president to take documents from the White House. And he's the first politician to claim an election was stolen. You guys act like he INVENTED this shit. He just happens to be better at it than the swampers. :lol: :lol:

and as far as the bolded sentence, I wouldn't doubt it. :coffee: but here's a newsflash: There NEEDS to be some rage against the "machine". Badly.
No, he isn't the first to take documents from the White House but I'd guess that most take a bankers box not a UHaul van full and he stonewalled when asked to return them to the Archives. No he's not the first to claim an election was stolen but he was the first to incite a mob to storm the Capitol. I don't and I won't feel sorry for him, he has brought a lot of the grief he is facing upon himself.

Yes, there needs to be rage against the machine but trump is not the right person to represent that rage. He is a distraction. We need someone who can continue to put the spotlight on government excess without the BS.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:35 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:50 pm

I have significant issues with the Democratic Party, some of them (coincidently) similar to the issues I have with the R’s. Grift, entrenched power, corporatism, over-regulation. That’s why I’m not a Democrat.

I’m laser focused on trumpism because it’s likely the biggest political crossroads and story of my lifetime. And I was alive during Watergate. Not to mention he represents nearly everything that I see wrong with American political culture. And he represents it quite well and unapologetically.
"They’re just not nearly as a big of a story"? They're part of the same story. The people who are investigating and railing against trump are complicit in sweeping the other stuff under the rug. If we want people to trust government then we need to seriously investigate all of it not just cherry pick based on ideological bias. Your laser focus is is just as biased as BDK's.

And I will state it again, trump and his MAGAts are not the biggest threat to our republic. The biggest threat to our republic is the incendiary rhetoric and the lows that both sides are willing to go to because the other side is evil and wrong and ending them is worth any cost. They continue to accelerate the downward spiral.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:53 am
kalm wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:35 am

"They’re just not nearly as a big of a story"? They're part of the same story. The people who are investigating and railing against trump are complicit in sweeping the other stuff under the rug. If we want people to trust government then we need to seriously investigate all of it not just cherry pick based on ideological bias. Your laser focus is is just as biased as BDK's.

And I will state it again, trump and his MAGAts are not the biggest threat to our republic. The biggest threat to our republic is the incendiary rhetoric and the lows that both sides are willing to go to because the other side is evil and wrong and ending them is worth any cost. They continue to accelerate the downward spiral.
I agree with much of this.

And they’re still not as big of a story.

And your fence sitting is as biased as Hillary’s.

:kisswink:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:16 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:53 am

And the fact you (and people who think like you) don’t think it’s as big of a story is a bigger story than the story itself.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:00 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:16 pm

And the fact you (and people who think like you) don’t think it’s as big of a story is a bigger story than the story itself.
It’s always fun to see how far behind the news people are. :thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:25 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:00 pm

It’s always fun to see how far behind the news people are. :thumb:
If by “news” you mean the MSM, I’ll take that with a gigantic grain of salt, thank you very little.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Bracing for a few days of crazy uncle chain emails and social media posts…

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:21 am Bracing for a few days of crazy uncle chain emails and social media posts…

But you have zero issue with what the FBI did.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:24 am
kalm wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:21 am Bracing for a few days of crazy uncle chain emails and social media posts…

But you have zero issue with what the FBI did.
I do but I also have issues with trump over January 6 and absconding with documents so declaring him the winner or a new election isn't the answer either.

All of this needs to be fully investigated.