Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: January 6 - How much do you care?

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:38 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:25 am
No, when they’re definitely stating it, its beyond parsing words. Its flat out lying.
She stated that it was a violent attack that cost police officers their lives. What did she lie about?
  • That it was a violent attack? It was not a completely peaceful demonstration, there was violence involved so that wasn't a lie.
  • That cost police officers their lives? Police officers died in the days and month following the attack and it could be argued that the attack was the root cause of at least some of those deaths.
It was an attempt to subvert our electoral process and thus an attack on our republic. You can try to whitewash it to make it look better for the MAGAt right if you want but that's no better than the loony left trying to make it into a near coup that almost ended the republic.
But there is no proof of that, and to definitively state that is a lie.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:19 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:38 am

She stated that it was a violent attack that cost police officers their lives. What did she lie about?
  • That it was a violent attack? It was not a completely peaceful demonstration, there was violence involved so that wasn't a lie.
  • That cost police officers their lives? Police officers died in the days and month following the attack and it could be argued that the attack was the root cause of at least some of those deaths.
It was an attempt to subvert our electoral process and thus an attack on our republic. You can try to whitewash it to make it look better for the MAGAt right if you want but that's no better than the loony left trying to make it into a near coup that almost ended the republic.
There is also no proof that the attacks weren't the cause of the deaths so to definitively state that no LEOs died as a result of the attack would be just as much of a lie.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:30 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:19 am
There is also no proof that the attacks weren't the cause of the deaths so to definitively state that no LEOs died as a result of the attack would be just as much of a lie.
About the only thing truthful you can say is that a LEO died that day during a particular time frame. All else is conjecture.

We do not know if there were underlying health conditions or if he would of died eating a salad during his lunch break. Neither side gets to claim him as part of their narrative.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:46 pm
About the only thing truthful you can say is that a LEO died that day during a particular time frame. All else is conjecture.

We do not know if there were underlying health conditions or if he would of died eating a salad during his lunch break. Neither side gets to claim him as part of their narrative.
True.

I believe there were also 4 officers who committed suicide.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

How Republicans are reacting to Tucker Carlson's 'off the rails' Jan. 6 stunt
Echoing the risk of reputational (and perhaps electoral) liability raised by Schatz, GOP Rep. Dan Crenshaw (Texas) also criticized Carlson's segment, explaining, "I don't really have a problem with making it all public. But if your message is then to try and convince people that nothing bad happened, then it's just gonna make us look silly."

"It's definitely stupid to keep talking about this," he added. "So what is the purpose of continuing to bring it up unless you're trying to feed Democrat narratives even further?"

"The American people saw what happened on Jan. 6," Republican Sen. Mitt Romney (Utah) told the press on Tuesday. "They've seen the people that got injured, they saw the damage to the building. You can't hide the truth by selectively picking a few minutes out of tapes and saying this is what went on. It's so absurd. It's nonsense." Romney, who has positioned his tenure in the Senate as a conservative foil to the ascendant MAGA wing of the party, added that he felt "really sad to see Tucker Carlson go off the rails like that."

North Carolina's GOP Sen. Thom Tillis was even less circumspect with his reaction to Carlson's broadcast, telling reporters on Tuesday he thought it was "bulls--t."

"To somehow put [the riot] in the same category as a permitted peaceful protest is just a lie," Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.) told CNN's Manu Raju. Cramer lamented that McCarthy hadn't shared the footage with multiple outlets and journalists equally, instead choosing to give it to "one who is particularly good at conservative entertainment."
Damn RINOs ... :sarcasm:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Capitol Police Chief Thomas Manger blasts Fox News' Tucker Carlson over Jan. 6 video
U.S. Capitol Police Chief Thomas Manger blasted Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Tuesday for showing “cherry-picked” video from calmer moments of the riot Jan. 6, 2021, rather than the “chaos and violence” that erupted that day in what officers described as Medieval warfare.
The riot was the worst attack on the Capitol in 200 years. About 140 police officers were injured during the attack; one died the next day and at least four others died by suicide in the weeks that followed. Fellow officers described hand-to-hand combat with rioters, as officers slipped in blood and vomit on the Capitol steps.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Entertaining thread…

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

The next day.
Agreed.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:07 pm

The next day.
Agreed.
And what about the:
  • 4 officers who committed suicide following the events of January 6?
  • Approximately 140 police officers who were injured while acting as "tour guides"?
  • Officers who described hand-to-hand combat with the "mostly peaceful" tourists?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:28 pm
houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:27 pm

:roll:

small fry - the people that were closest to the President, working in the White House, on-the-scene eyewitnesses - all Republicans and/or Trump appointees telling what they saw in their own words. And don't try to pass off that bullshit about the Capitol Police political views being unknown - right up to Jan.6 LEOs were overwhelmingly Trumplets, still are - how do you think the CP got caught so poorly prepared? If that were a BLM protest they would have been armed to the teeth and in full body armor :coffee:
Of course of the 1k people the committee got testimony from, they only put a few doz conks in front of the cameras for their prime time dog and pony show.

And don’t be a :dunce: and think that all the CP officers were conk Trump supporters. One of the J6’s committees star CP officer witnesses was a huge donk lefty, going by his social media. The one that Tucker interviewed last night- also a Biden voter.
I never said that all CP were Trump supporters, thats just you clutching your pearls before you finsh reading - I said there is a large, very large, overlap between the population of cops and the population of Trump supporters - and the sight of them beating the fuck out of each other on Jan. 6 was positively heart-warming. :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:20 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:07 pm
The next day.
Agreed.
And what about the:
  • 4 officers who committed suicide following the events of January 6?
  • Approximately 140 police officers who were injured while acting as "tour guides"?
  • Officers who described hand-to-hand combat with the "mostly peaceful" tourists?
"..slipping in other people's blood.." :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:25 pm

small fry - the people that were closest to the President, working in the White House, on-the-scene eyewitnesses - all Republicans and/or Trump appointees telling what they saw in their own words. And don't try to pass off that bullshit about the Capitol Police political views being unknown - right up to Jan.6 LEOs were overwhelmingly Trumplets, still are - how do you think the CP got caught so poorly prepared? If that were a BLM protest they would have been armed to the teeth and in full body armor :coffee:
Of course they would be but what would the Capitol Police be wearing?
When you have nothing, misconstrue the words of someone else - your signature move. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Of course of the 1k people the committee got testimony from, they only put a few doz conks in front of the cameras for their prime time dog and pony show.

And don’t be a :dunce: and think that all the CP officers were conk Trump supporters. One of the J6’s committees star CP officer witnesses was a huge donk lefty, going by his social media. The one that Tucker interviewed last night- also a Biden voter.
all of them eyewitnesses to things like Trump getting tough on White House China - and remember the SS agents who were ready to refute what's her name's testimony under oath and then never showed up?

You got nothin. Again.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:15 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:25 pm

Of course they would be but what would the Capitol Police be wearing?
When you have nothing, misconstrue the words of someone else - your signature move. :coffee:
That's all the post I was responding to deserved. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:09 am

I never said that all CP were Trump supporters, thats just you clutching your pearls before you finsh reading - I said there is a large, very large, overlap between the population of cops and the population of Trump supporters - and the sight of them beating the fuck out of each other on Jan. 6 was positively heart-warming. :thumb:
WRONG. You said ALL the people testifying at the televised hearings were. That would include the CP who testified.
houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:09 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:59 am
Tucker (or O'Donnell) might be right sometimes but I don't have enough time to sift through his bullsh!t to figure out what's accurate and what isn't. I'd rather find more reliable sources and save myself the headache.

I'm on record as stating that the Democrats turned the Jan 6 hearings into a dog and pony show. They were more interested in presenting the evidence that supported their partisan views just like Tucker is more interested in presenting the evidence that supports his partisan views. As you said the truth is somewhere in between.
Bullshit - and SGPTNSBTCH level bullshit at that... :shock:

They didn't present anything but people who were there at the time giving their version of what they saw and heard. All of them Republicans and/or Trump appointees.Please. :tothehand:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

I find it quite fitting that none of the J6 committee viewed any of the footage of the people they were supposedly reviewing. It was farmed out.

Guess they needed more time to grandstand in front of the media instead of the job laid out in front of them. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:21 am I find it quite fitting that none of the J6 committee viewed any of the footage of the people they were supposedly reviewing. It was farmed out.

Guess they needed more time to grandstand in front of the media instead of the job laid out in front of them. :coffee:
:nod: I get that they're busy but they should have had staff boil down the video so they could watch the highlights and not just highlights that supported the conclusions they wanted.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:30 am
houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:09 am

WRONG. You said ALL the people testifying at the televised hearings were. That would include the CP who testified.
houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:09 am

Bullshit - and SGPTNSBTCH level bullshit at that... :shock:

They didn't present anything but people who were there at the time giving their version of what they saw and heard. All of them Republicans and/or Trump appointees.Please. :tothehand:
Name the ones that didn't vote for Trump.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:21 am I find it quite fitting that none of the J6 committee viewed any of the footage of the people they were supposedly reviewing. It was farmed out.

You must have been watching different hearings. The ones I saw were a bunch of old fucks except for Kinzinger, just sitting there while people who worked in the White House next to Trump and witnessed the whole thing go down firsthand told what they saw and heard. It was actually remarkable how that many politicians with microphones and a worldwide audience of millions said so little themselves. :coffee:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:27 am

:nod: I get that they're busy but they should have had staff boil down the video so they could watch the highlights and not just highlights that supported the conclusions they wanted.
Yup. Use the staff to their advantage to watch the highlights. I mean, that is pretty much the definition of what a staff is supposed to do.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:28 am

Name the ones that did vote for Trump.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Open CP Biden voter who testified.
https://thefederalist.com/2021/07/27/te ... n-kenosha/
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:45 pm

Everybody working in the White House that wasn't permanent staff. All the SS detail. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:19 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:45 pm
Everybody working in the White House that wasn't permanent staff. All the SS detail. :coffee:
Nope. Not unless you can show links that show who they voted for.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:48 pm

Open CP Biden voter who testified.
https://thefederalist.com/2021/07/27/te ... n-kenosha/
There's one - and I'll give you most of the black officers, thats pretty much a given. Face it: white cops, especially males, are overwhelmingly Trumplets - they're drawn to authoritarian figures by nature, to the point that they'd spend their off-duty time at, their own expense, vandalising the Capitol if they were told to by one they support. Butthats really beside the point; you keep deflecting from the good part - the delicious irony of Trump supporting cops on both sides beating the fuck out of each other! I mean really....its almost like there are gods...like the ancient Greeks had the real story..... :notworthy: