Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: January 6 - How much do you care?

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:02 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:16 pm

IMO all this talk of charging him just makes it more likely he will run and announce soon. That way if he is charged with anything he can say, "they're trying to stop me, all of this is BS", etc.
I’m bothered less by his chances of winning than I am with the increased threat of rioting and political violence if he’s the nominee. He’s also not exactly short on self promotion and cult followers or R’s that fear him and/or need his voters. He will either be the nominee or choose the nominee until a rival from his own party rises up and breaks the zombie trance.
:lol:

No self-esteem issues :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:16 pm

IMO all this talk of charging him just makes it more likely he will run and announce soon. That way if he is charged with anything he can say, "they're trying to stop me, all of this is BS", etc.
I’m bothered less by his chances of winning than I am with the increased threat of rioting and political violence BY THE LIBTARDS if he’s the nominee.
FIFY
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:12 am

I’m bothered less by his chances of winning than I am with the increased threat of rioting and political violence BY THE LIBTARDS if he’s the nominee.
FIFY
I’m bothered by all rioting, regardless of ideology, but especially fascistic rioting that threatens democracy. :coffee:

Sorry you disagree. :coffee: :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:29 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:12 am

FIFY
I’m bothered by all rioting, regardless of ideology, but especially fascistic rioting that threatens democracy. :coffee:

I don’t disagree at all. I agree that the BLM/ANTIFA fascists DO threaten our democracy and should be held to the same standard as the freedom-loving Americans who rallied on January 6th yet were accused of sedition and attempting to overthrow the government. If they WERE held to that standard, there’d be several thousand of them already in prison for their actions over the past 4.5 years.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:36 am

I don’t disagree at all. I agree that the BLM/ANTIFA fascists DO threaten our democracy and should be held to the same standard as the freedom-loving Americans who rallied on January 6th yet were accused of sedition and attempting to overthrow the government. If they WERE held to that standard, there’d be several thousand of them already in prison for their actions over the past 4.5 years.
That’s based on your worldview and biases. Thousands were arrested (The Hill estimates 17,000). A few of them went to prison but most of the crimes were vandalism, breading curfew, open container etc. rather than occupying the capital while directly threatening political leaders.

The damage and violence sucked but the left in this country isn’t organized enough to almost execute a coup. Christ, they’re getting there as handed to them right now at a county school and election board level.

Apples to oranges.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:48 am

That’s based on your worldview and biases. Thousands were arrested (The Hill estimates 17,000). A few of them went to prison but most of the crimes were vandalism, breading curfew, open container etc. rather than occupying the capital while directly threatening political leaders.

The damage and violence sucked but the left in this country isn’t organized enough to almost execute a coup. Christ, they’re getting there as handed to them right now at a county school and election board level.

Apples to oranges.
So Federal buildings in DC are treated differently then Federal buildings in other areas of the country?

Just trying to keep it all straight these days.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:52 am

Apples to oranges.
So Federal buildings in DC are treated differently then Federal buildings in other areas of the country?

Don't forget the law is different at night as well.

That's what AG Garland said during his confirmation. To paraphrase, he said that because the Federal buildings were closed at the time, no violation occurred.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:12 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:07 pm

He said it was inaccurate. That doesn’t make it perjury unless it’s intentionally inaccurate.
And it's in reference to all testimony. It's also a stat that is used when arguing against harsh criminal sentencing. Funny how libs trot it out for one purpose and then turn around and try to deflect away from it when the tables are turned and it's used against one of their causes.
Exactly. I said nothing about perjury but human memory is a very faulty thing (trial attorneys would like you to believe otherwise).

And I would argue that perjury has occurred multiple times theses last 8 years but unless one is caught red handed, it is glossed over as both sides use it when it suits them and the people on the stand.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Apples to oranges.

Legally? Probably not. Power structure? Yes. Most successful coups don’t end with the molitov cocktailing of a regional office. Heck they let the Bundies occupy Malheur for a month.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Apples to oranges.
:suspicious: The closest this country has come to a coup in at least our lifetimes is the left’s Trump Ruasia collusion hoax
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:55 am

Don't forget the law is different at night as well.

That's what AG Garland said during his confirmation. To paraphrase, he said that because the Federal buildings were closed at the time, no violation occurred.
I forgot about that corollary.

Going to need another notepad here to keep track of everything.

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:04 am

Legally? Probably not. Power structure? Yes. Most successful coups don’t end with the molitov cocktailing of a regional office. Heck they let the Bundies occupy Malheur for a month.
Probably? They are (to the best of my knowledge) treated the same in the eyes of the law. The fact that people are arguing differently shows their bias and agenda.

This is a very black and white area (with regards to what a Federal building is). Splitting hairs here does nothing for the group arguing for a "coup" attempt, in fact it weakens their argument when one starts thinking there is two different standards.

I will agree that intent has a large role to play in the Jan 6th vs the Antifa riots but that is why we have a trial.

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:12 am

Apples to oranges.
:suspicious: The closest this country has come to a coup in at least our lifetimes is the left’s Trump Ruasia collusion hoax
There has also been two "attacks" on the capital buildings by Democrat/Leftest leaning groups in the past 50 years. If the Jan 6th is a coup, then so are those.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Apples to oranges.
Capital and government buildings have been occupied a number of times by leftists. Most were let in by colluding congresspeople (like AOC, for example). And anybody that WAS put in jail was immediately bailed out by the likes of Kalama Harris and Hollywood elites.

And here’s a newsflash: The “left” isn’t the issue. The extreme left is. And The extreme left is WAY more organized than the Far right. WAY more.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:51 pm

Apples to oranges.
Capital and government buildings have been occupied a number of times by leftists. Most were let in by colluding congresspeople (like AOC, for example). And anybody that WAS put in jail was immediately bailed out by the likes of Kalama Harris and Hollywood elites.

And here’s a newsflash: The “left” isn’t the issue. The extreme left is. And The extreme left is WAY more organized than the Far right. WAY more.
Yeegads! I didn’t know we were that close before! :lol:

Btw, it happened at the capital again just a few days ago with some leftists. Luckily they were detained or it could have got ugly real quick. I think Tucker has been covering it.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

The 6/16 insurrectionists shouldn’t have been let out after only 1 night in jail. A year and a half of pre trial detention in solitary would be more appropriate..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:39 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:51 pm

Yeegads! I didn’t know we were that close before! :lol:

Btw, it happened at the capital again just a few days ago with some leftists. Luckily they were detained or it could have got ugly real quick. I think Tucker has been covering it.
My point exactly. They ALL were about the same level of concern, but only the one by RIGHT wingers has people anxiously wringing their hands, convinced we were mere seconds from the country imploding.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:45 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:14 pm
That's just more ridiculous "look over there" deflection. The FBI did not cause what happened. Trump caused what happened. Yes, there were other factors. But the primary factor was the way Trump conducted himself during the months leading up to the election then continuing through the period from election day through January 6.

If Trump had not first spent lots of time prior to the election making the ridiculous claim that the only way he could lose was fraud then spent lots of time after election making the ridiculous claim that he really won but the election was stolen from him the January 6 incident would not have occurred.
Wouldn't they just say they weren't there if they weren't? What means and methods would they be protecting if they answer that they weren't there?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:43 am
SDHornet wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:14 pm
When you rely on Gaetz, MTG, Tucker, and a drunk werewolf trapped in mid transformation for your intelligence…

Both can be true. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

This is what the majority of Americans see as well.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:19 pm
I'm not sure the majority of Americans would call the rioters who stormed the Capitol "freedom-loving Americans".
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:31 pm

I'm not sure the majority of Americans would call the rioters who stormed the Capitol "freedom-loving Americans".
Was referring to the differential treatment depending on which side of the aisle you are rioting for.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

I was talking about the 99.9% of protestors who DIDN'T storm the capitol. :coffee: :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:49 am

I was talking about the 99.9% of protestors who DIDN'T storm the capitol. :coffee: :coffee:
That leaves FBI assets as the .1%. Sounds about right. 8-)
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:14 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:49 am

That leaves FBI assets as the .1%. Sounds about right. 8-)
Coincidence? I think not... :suspicious: :suspicious: