Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: January 6 - How much do you care?

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:49 pm
kalm wrote:
In all fairness, Hillary’s bucket of deplorables come to mind.
What Hillary and her kalmrades won’t own up to is that there are deplorables on the left as well and they culpable in defending/deflecting for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truth.

And there’s also a working class in every state of every ethnicity, of every religious persuasion that have been neglected by both parties. That facts helps give rise to extremism and division.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:28 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:57 pm
Yet the left was freaking out at CNN for allowing the townhall in the 1st place. Lol- it was a ratings bonana for CNN, just like 2015-2020 was covering Trump. Trump has made more $$$ For CNN that anyone else in that network’s history..Behind closed doors Chris Licht was probably fist pumping..
I saw a number of pundits on the left (mostly progressives) supporting the platforming. And for comparisons sake I read that last night’s audience was 3 million + vs 13 million that watched one of the J6 committee hearings.
The 3.3 million was more than double what Fox had on (thought I saw 1.49 million), and more than triple what CNN normally gets in tbat timeslot.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... e-changed/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:55 am

I saw a number of pundits on the left (mostly progressives) supporting the platforming. And for comparisons sake I read that last night’s audience was 3 million + vs 13 million that watched one of the J6 committee hearings.
The 3.3 million was more than double what Fox had on (thought I saw 1.49 million), and more than triple what CNN normally gets in tbat timeslot.
That’s not surprising at all.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:17 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:55 am
Also the J6 hearings were primetime I thought. Trump town hall wasn’t- was 8 EST/5 PM left coast.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:20 am
kalm wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:17 am

Also the J6 hearings were primetime I thought. Trump town hall wasn’t- was 8 EST/5 PM left coast.
Doesn't primetime start at 8 EST?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:56 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:20 am
I was thinking the same. IIRC, the J6 hearings were mostly in the afternoon EC.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:57 pm
Yet the left was freaking out at CNN for allowing the townhall in the 1st place. Lol- it was a ratings bonana for CNN, just like 2015-2020 was covering Trump. Trump has made more $$$ For CNN that anyone else in that network’s history..Behind closed doors Chris Licht was probably fist pumping..
EG given:

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:16 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:04 pm

That doesn't say much, we need a baseline.

So...bigger or smaller than the Tan Suit Atrocity?
Similar to the AnTiFa insurgency of 2020.
  • The January 6 insurgency was a threat to more significant target (Congress and the Presidential election) but was only for a day and violence and property damage were minimal.
  • The AnTiFa insurgency was a threat to less significant targets (federal courthouses, police stations, etc. around the country) but lasted for months with significantly more violence and property damage.
If only prosecutors had pursued the AnTiFa seditionists with the same vigor they pursued the January 6 seditionists ... :coffee:
The elephant in the room was how the cops were caught with their pants down completely unprepared.

I'm surprised that wasn't investigated
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:16 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:56 am

5 PM western US is primetime? I thought for nationwide live it was 9/8/7/6 as far as the 4 timezones.

I thought you were comparing the Trump town hall on CNN to the J6 primetime hearing, which was on ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NBC and maybe more.

Also saw that the Trump town hall was nearly 4 times CNN’s normal audience for that date and time (I previously said 3x)..
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:57 pm

5 PM western US is primetime? I thought for nationwide live it was 9/8/7/6 as far as the 4 timezones.

I thought you were comparing the Trump town hall on CNN to the J6 primetime hearing, which was on ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NBC and maybe more.

Also saw that the Trump town hall was nearly 4 times CNN’s normal audience for that date and time (I previously said 3x)..
Trump’s CNN rally was 8:00 EC (prime) which, yes, is in fact 5:00 Pacific.

The J6 hearings were at different tines including a few which started in the morning here.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 4:25 pm

Trump’s CNN rally was 8:00 EC (prime) which, yes, is in fact 5:00 Pacific.

The J6 hearings were at different tines including a few which started in the morning here.
Most of the J6 hearings were not in prime time
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Primetime starts a 5 pm Pacific and lasts until 8 pm Pacific (or 8 - 11pm Eastern).
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 5:44 pm

Primetime starts a 5 pm Pacific and lasts until 8 pm Pacific (or 8 - 11pm Eastern).
How can it be primetime for people who aren’t back from work yet?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:45 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 5:44 pm

How can it be primetime for people who aren’t back from work yet?
Hi! Welcome to the United States!

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

I notice whenever they televise a SOTU, or the POTUS does a last minute scheuled address to the nation, its a 9 PM EST, 6 PM West coast start, and is said to be primetime, because that’s the hour you’ll have the most eyeballs.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:37 am I notice whenever they televise a SOTU, or the POTUS does a last minute scheuled address to the nation, its a 9 PM EST, 6 PM West coast start, and is said to be primetime, because that’s the hour you’ll have the most eyeballs.
Yes, that is the prime of prime time. Prime time is more than just 1 hour.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

A tourist shows little remorse…
Rodriguez ultimately traveled to D.C. on Jan. 6 with a group of people he had encouraged to bring weapons – including knives, bear spray and axe handles. He then made his way to the front lines on the west side of the Capitol where rioters were attacking badly outnumbered police. At the Lower West Terrace Tunnel, Rodriguez shoved a long wooden pole at the police line. It was there when Young handed Rodriguez the stun gun and showed him how to use it. A short time later, Rodriguez used the stun gun on Fanone.
“With his electroshock weapon in hand, Rodriguez reached his arm towards the side of Officer Fanone’s neck, landing the device on the side of Officer Fanone’s neck, below the left ear of Officer Fanone’s helmet,” Paschall wrote. “Officer Fanone screamed in pain. Officer Fanone then jerked his head back, recoiling from the shock, and pulled his face away from Rodriguez briefly. Despite Officer Fanone’s efforts to get away, Rodriguez struck again, placing the electroshock weapon on the back of Officer Fanone’s neck, below the ‘M’ of the ‘MPDC’ logo on his helmet. The electrical spark of the weapon rang out… and Officer Fanone screamed again.”
Fanone, who testified before the January 6th Committee that he believed he was going to die during the assault, spoke during Young’s sentencing hearing in September about the assault’s lingering effects on him.
“The assault on me… cost me my career,” Fanone said. “It cost me my faith in law enforcement and many of the institutions I spent two decades of my life serving.”

After the assault on Fanone, and while still on the grounds of the Capitol, Rodriguez wrote to his Telegram group and bragged about what he’d done.

“I did so much f***ing s*** rn and got away tell you later,” he wrote, adding later, “Tazzzzed the f*** out of the blue.”
In their sentencing memo, Rodriguez’s attorneys said he had been preyed on by the former president’s “incendiary lies.” Like other rioters, they said, Rodriguez – who grew up without a father – “deeply respected and idolized Trump.”
“He saw the former president as the father he wished he had,” Rodriguez’s attorneys wrote.
Rodriguez’s attorneys, assistant federal public defenders Rebecca A. Levy, Margaret W. Lambrose and Katherine Tanaka, said Rodriguez found meaning and community in Trump’s MAGA movement that he hadn’t before had in his life. Rodriguez in fact “trusted Trump blindly” and admired him so much he referred to him as “dad” in his social media chats.
“Dad’s big day,” Rodriguez wrote in one message about Jan. 6. “Gotta get ready to save America.”
Rodriguez’s attorneys also quoted Fanone, who wrote in his book, “Hold the Line,” that Rodriguez was “so desperate for a sense of belonging that he became an easy mark for a cult.”
Despite Rodriguez's attorneys depiction of him, and even Fanone's own description, on Wednesday, Judge Jackson pushed back against the idea that Rodriguez was somehow "compelled" by Trump's words. She said he'd made his decisions willingly.
"As you read these messages, you can't escape the conclusion that Mr. Rodriguez is not just a follower," she said.
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/nati ... a6d7a560ca
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

‘It’s Not Fair’: Florida Vocal Coach Turned Capitol Rioter Gets 6 Years

At the trial:
  • “My whole dream of my life has been taken because people have different politics than mine”
  • “I have grievances since they don’t listen to us at the polling place. They don’t listen to us little people in the regular world.”
  • “what I now have to give up”
  • “It’s not fair.”
On January 6:
  • Prosecutors say she used a flagpole to push against law enforcement trying to defend the Capitol, causing one officer to hit his head on the base of a marble statue.
  • “Tell Pelosi we are coming for that bitch,"
  • “There’s a hundred thousand of us! What’s it going to be?”
Social media posts following the election included:
  • “HANG the TRAITORS!”
  • “go to their work and home, pull them out by their teeth and hang them for treason!"
Yep, she was just a tourist.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:55 pm ‘It’s Not Fair’: Florida Vocal Coach Turned Capitol Rioter Gets 6 Years

At the trial:
  • “My whole dream of my life has been taken because people have different politics than mine”
  • “I have grievances since they don’t listen to us at the polling place. They don’t listen to us little people in the regular world.”
  • “what I now have to give up”
  • “It’s not fair.”
On January 6:
  • Prosecutors say she used a flagpole to push against law enforcement trying to defend the Capitol, causing one officer to hit his head on the base of a marble statue.
  • “Tell Pelosi we are coming for that bitch,"
  • “There’s a hundred thousand of us! What’s it going to be?”
  • “HANG the TRAITORS!”
  • “go to their work and home, pull them out by their teeth and hang them for treason!"
You'd punish a citizen for exercising her 1st amendment rights....? :shock:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:26 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:55 pm ‘It’s Not Fair’: Florida Vocal Coach Turned Capitol Rioter Gets 6 Years

At the trial:

On January 6:

As a voice coach maybe she can work on some covers?

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:04 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:26 am

:notworthy:

30 Days in the Hole....Midnight Special... :mrgreen:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:

At the trial: On January 6: Social media posts following the election included: Yep, she was just a tourist.
You don’t *really* need a civics refresher on the difference between peaceful assembly and violence do you? I know CNN does, but you?

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:20 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:04 am

Chain Gang
Jailhouse Rock
Way Too Pretty For Prison
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:41 am
houndawg wrote:
You don’t *really* need a civics refresher on the difference between peaceful assembly and violence do you? I know CNN does, but you?

It is meant ironically, you may have noticed the various scum bag Oathkeepers and their associated halfwit types suggesting the whole thing was nothing but a picnic and all in good fun....so many conspiracy theorists here and nobody appreciates the irony of the Police being caught understaffed, underequipped, and completely by surprise when the so-called patriots of the Back the Blue/Death to Colin Kaepernick crowd turned on them and went for blood.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:46 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:20 am

Chain Gang
Jailhouse Rock
Way Too Pretty For Prison
Mama Tried