Total votes: 33

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: January 6 - How much do you care?

Post by kalm »

New video released of docile tourists simply exercising their right to protest…

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:02 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:27 am

...er......begs the question.. :?

Why release the vids exclusively to a guy whose own lawyer said, in court(!), can't be believed anytime he speaks? Other than to discredit them before the public sees them of course.. :coffee:
So is the footage that has been and will be released legit, or nah?
Obviously its about the context. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

A jury on Thursday convicted Enrique Tarrio, the former leader of the Proud Boys, and three allies of a seditious conspiracy to derail the transfer of power from Donald Trump to Joe Biden, a historic verdict following the most significant trial to emerge from the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

Jurors also convicted the four men — who also include Ethan Nordean, Joseph Biggs and Zachary Rehl — of conspiring to obstruct Congress’ proceedings on Jan. 6 and destroying government property. The jury deadlocked on seditious conspiracy against a fifth defendant, Dominic Pezzola, but convicted him of obstructing Congress’ Jan. 6 proceedings as well as several other felony charges.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

bobbythekidd wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am A jury on Thursday convicted Enrique Tarrio, the former leader of the Proud Boys, and three allies of a seditious conspiracy to derail the transfer of power from Donald Trump to Joe Biden, a historic verdict following the most significant trial to emerge from the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

Jurors also convicted the four men — who also include Ethan Nordean, Joseph Biggs and Zachary Rehl — of conspiring to obstruct Congress’ proceedings on Jan. 6 and destroying government property. The jury deadlocked on seditious conspiracy against a fifth defendant, Dominic Pezzola, but convicted him of obstructing Congress’ Jan. 6 proceedings as well as several other felony charges.
Send them to Gitmo
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:01 am
bobbythekidd wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:34 am A jury on Thursday convicted Enrique Tarrio, the former leader of the Proud Boys, and three allies of a seditious conspiracy to derail the transfer of power from Donald Trump to Joe Biden, a historic verdict following the most significant trial to emerge from the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

Send them to Gitmo
I don’t want to brag but I remember the days after 1/6 where many on this board were poo pooing my concerns over the severity of what happened and how nothing will come of it.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:05 am

Send them to Gitmo
I don’t want to brag but I remember the days after 1/6 where many on this board were poo pooing my concerns over the severity of what happened and how nothing will come of it.
:nod:

Same ones who assured us that Rudy had the goods on Hunter Biden over at the press conference behind the landscape companies equipment yard, and Leon Durham was going to kick ass, take names, and put and end to this crap once and for all with a forests worth of indictments
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Send them to Gitmo
Remember those days that people were comparing 1/6 to 9/11, Pearl Harbor, etc.? The reality is that 1/6 was a big deal but not as big of a deal as some wanted to make it out to be. It was a threat to our republic but our republic wasn't really in danger.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:09 pm

Remember those days that people were comparing 1/6 to 9/11, Pearl Harbor, etc.? The reality is that 1/6 was a big deal but not as big of a deal as some wanted to make it out to be. It was a threat to our republic but our republic wasn't really in danger.
Yup, the fear is that the next time it happens it could be pushed by a functional leader (rather than a Trump-type) and the folks heading up the riot could be thoroughly organized and armed. Thankfully, this was not really either of those. With that said, even if all those things were true the next time, there's still 300+ million Americans and all of the armed forces that would have to be on board with the coup and this past one had zero of that. Magic gavel withstanding.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

That doesn't say much, we need a baseline.

So...bigger or smaller than the Tan Suit Atrocity?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:48 pm

Yup, the fear is that the next time it happens it could be pushed by a functional leader (rather than a Trump-type) and the folks heading up the riot could be thoroughly organized and armed. Thankfully, this was not really either of those. With that said, even if all those things were true the next time, there's still 300+ million Americans and all of the armed forces that would have to be on board with the coup and this past one had zero of that. Magic gavel withstanding.
You're leaving out the part about the cops getting caught with their pants down. None of this happens if the cops had prepared like they did for BLM protests. :coffee:

The big question is did that happen on purpose or by accident
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:04 pm

Similar to the AnTiFa insurgency of 2020.
  • The January 6 insurgency was a threat to more significant target (Congress and the Presidential election) but was only for a day and violence and property damage were minimal.
  • The AnTiFa insurgency was a threat to less significant targets (federal courthouses, police stations, etc. around the country) but lasted for months with significantly more violence and property damage.
If only prosecutors had pursued the AnTiFa seditionists with the same vigor they pursued the January 6 seditionists ... :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:16 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:04 pm

• The January 6 insurgency was a threat to more significant target (Congress and the Presidential election) but was only for a day and violence and property damage were minimal.
  • The AnTiFa insurgency was a threat to less significant targets (federal courthouses, police stations, etc. around the country) but lasted for months with significantly more violence and property damage.
If only prosecutors had pursued the AnTiFa seditionists with the same vigor they pursued the January 6 seditionists ... :coffee:
I've forgotten- how many cops died an antifa event? :?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:21 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:16 pm
I think it was the same number as cops who died at the US Capitol on January 6, 2021.

Two can play at the game of trying to score points by attempting to limit the debate BhoundDawgK.
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

Elmer Stewart Rhodes and others previously convicted of Seducious Conspiracy with TERRORISM ENHANCEMENT, receive sentencing recommendations reading from 10-25 years.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

bobbythekidd wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 9:24 am Elmer Stewart Rhodes and others previously convicted of Seducious Conspiracy with TERRORISM ENHANCEMENT, receive sentencing recommendations reading from 10-25 years.
As they should.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:29 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:21 pm

I think it was the same number as cops who died at the US Capitol on January 6, 2021.

Two can play at the game of trying to score points by attempting to limit the debate BhoundDawgK.
Yes, the peevish is very strong here tonight.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 9:33 am
bobbythekidd wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 9:24 am Elmer Stewart Rhodes and others previously convicted of Seducious Conspiracy with TERRORISM ENHANCEMENT, receive sentencing recommendations reading from 10-25 years.
As they should.
:thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:25 am
He took notes! :lol:

Although, the Proud Boys and Georgia fake electors disagree.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Who is Graham Allen and why should I give any more credence to what he tweets than I do someone like Filipkowski?

Here's what is probably a more even-handed assessment - Key takeaways from Trump's CNN town hall
At a Wednesday night town hall with Republican and undecided voters in New Hampshire, former President Donald Trump continued to peddle false claims that voter fraud cost him victory in the 2020 election, stood by his assertion that "stars" have historically been allowed to sexually abuse women and encouraged congressional Republicans to allow the U.S. to default on its debt.
Trump not only sought to subvert American democracy with bogus claims of voter fraud, he has also regularly attacked the judiciary, vowed revenge on his political enemies if reelected, been indicted for tax crimes, found liable by a jury for sexually abusing and defaming writer E. Jean Carroll, and has waged an all out war with CNN — where he has not appeared since 2016 — for years.
Throughout the event, Trump received applause and support from the largely Republican audience.
It was a friendly crowd and their support means almost nothing.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:45 am
Who is Graham Allen and why should I give any more credence to what he tweets than I do someone like Filipkowski?

Here's what is probably a more even-handed assessment - Key takeaways from Trump's CNN town hall
At a Wednesday night town hall with Republican and undecided voters in New Hampshire, former President Donald Trump continued to peddle false claims that voter fraud cost him victory in the 2020 election, stood by his assertion that "stars" have historically been allowed to sexually abuse women and encouraged congressional Republicans to allow the U.S. to default on its debt.
Trump not only sought to subvert American democracy with bogus claims of voter fraud, he has also regularly attacked the judiciary, vowed revenge on his political enemies if reelected, been indicted for tax crimes, found liable by a jury for sexually abusing and defaming writer E. Jean Carroll, and has waged an all out war with CNN — where he has not appeared since 2016 — for years.
Throughout the event, Trump received applause and support from the largely Republican audience.
Yet the left was freaking out at CNN for allowing the townhall in the 1st place. Lol- it was a ratings bonana for CNN, just like 2015-2020 was covering Trump. Trump has made more $$$ For CNN that anyone else in that network’s history..Behind closed doors Chris Licht was probably fist pumping..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:57 pm

Yet the left was freaking out at CNN for allowing the townhall in the 1st place. Lol- it was a ratings bonana for CNN, just like 2015-2020 was covering Trump. Trump has made more $$$ For CNN that anyone else in that network’s history..Behind closed doors Chris Licht was probably fist pumping..
The reality that people get so excited to hear trump lie and whine doesn't reflect well on the USA and is as big of an indicator of our slide into an immoral abyss as anything the wokehodists are doing.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I saw a number of pundits on the left (mostly progressives) supporting the platforming. And for comparisons sake I read that last night’s audience was 3 million + vs 13 million that watched one of the J6 committee hearings.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:01 pm
The reality that people get so excited to hear trump lie and whine doesn't reflect well on the USA and is as big of an indicator of our slide into an immoral abyss as anything the wokehodists are doing.
In all fairness, Hillary’s bucket of deplorables come to mind.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:01 pm The reality that people get so excited to hear trump lie and whine doesn't reflect well on the USA and is as big of an indicator of our slide into an immoral abyss as anything the wokehodists are doing.
In all fairness, Hillary’s bucket of deplorables come to mind.
What Hillary and her kalmrades won’t own up to is that there are deplorables on the left as well and they culpable in defending/deflecting for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk