Total votes: 33

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: January 6 - How much do you care?

Post by kalm »

bobbythekidd wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:23 pm A question way too late to be asking but, is this, "how much do I care about the events that happened on 1/6", or "how much do I care about the investigation into the events of 1/6"?
Dammit, Bob!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

FBI executed a search warrant at Mar a Lago today.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:18 pm FBI executed a search warrant at Mar a Lago today.

:lol: They really are scared of Trump exposing further, what we all know to be true. Our government isn't there to serve the people, but themselves.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:51 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:18 pm FBI executed a search warrant at Mar a Lago today.

:lol: They really are scared of Trump exposing further, what we all know to be true. Our government isn't there to serve the people, but themselves.
Yep. The crooked Biden Justice Dept/FBI is trying to do what the crooked Obama Justice Dept/FBI couldn’t do with the fake Russia collusion hoax. And the fact that the FBI dodn’t raid Chappequa in 2016 shows you how much of a joke they are..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I care a lot.

I think if Trump did it in the era of the founding fathers, good chance he and some of his followers would've been hung by now.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I turned to Fox News and this is almost verbatim what they were saying.

:lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

And right now, more than a few Republicans are optimistic. Especially DeSantis.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

This FBI raid wasn’t conducted by the Miami Field Office, but by the DCA Field Office. And SAC of the DCA office came from the Detroit office, where he launched the fake Whitmer kidnapping scheme.Can’t make this stuff up.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

It is fucking hilarious to watch the mental gymnastics of people who HATE the same government departments when they’re being leveraged against THEIR guy, but ROOT them on when they’re being leveraged against the OTHER guy.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote:It is fucking hilarious to watch the mental gymnastics of people who HATE the same government departments when they’re being leveraged against THEIR guy, but ROOT them on when they’re being leveraged against the OTHER guy.
Come on AZ, it's not the same departments. Kalm distrusts the USSS and DHS but respects DoJ.

And BDK is the opposite.

Partisan bias at its finest.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:40 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:It is fucking hilarious to watch the mental gymnastics of people who HATE the same government departments when they’re being leveraged against THEIR guy, but ROOT them on when they’re being leveraged against the OTHER guy.
Come on AZ, it's not the same departments. Kalm distrusts the USSS and DHS but respects DoJ.

And BDK is the opposite.

Partisan bias at its finest.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
And Klammy and broke back were there screaming “disband the DHS!” In the not too distant past… :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:23 pm

I turned to Fox News and this is almost verbatim what they were saying.

You watch Fox News? :lol:
Last edited by SeattleGriz on Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:09 pm It is fucking hilarious to watch the mental gymnastics of people who HATE the same government departments when they’re being leveraged against THEIR guy, but ROOT them on when they’re being leveraged against the OTHER guy.
Indeed…

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:18 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:09 pm It is fucking hilarious to watch the mental gymnastics of people who HATE the same government departments when they’re being leveraged against THEIR guy, but ROOT them on when they’re being leveraged against the OTHER guy.
Indeed…

Twitter is your new news source?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Here’s a good summary on yesterday, connecting some dots to other events beside the FBI search’s. Heather Cox Richarddonnis a national treasure.

Some of the hits:

“Next came news from the 2016 Trump campaign. Trump’s 2016 campaign chair, Paul Manafort, has written a book, and to sell it, he gave a long interview to Mattathias Schwartz of Insider. In the interview, Manafort admitted what the Senate Intelligence Committee said in their report about Russian interference in the 2016 election: he gave internal polling data from the Trump campaign to Konstantin Kilimnik, who, according to the Senate report, was a Russian intelligence agent. Manafort had previously denied this story.

Manafort told Schwartz that he was not trying to swing the election but hoped to convince pro-Russian oligarchs to do business deals with him by showing that he had access to Trump and that Trump could beat Democratic presidential candidate Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Manafort says he didn’t know Kilimnick worked for Russian intelligence. Reached for the story, Kilimnick says he is a victim of people’s dislike of Russia.

Then, Trump’s presidency. In the New Yorker today, Susan B. Glasser and Peter Baker revealed that Trump and the generals of the United States Army were fundamentally at odds about how they viewed the United States. Trump wanted the generals to be loyal to him, as he believed “the German generals in World War II” were loyal to Adolf Hitler. (In fact, they tried repeatedly to assassinate him.) Trump tried to pack the military with loyalists; military leaders insisted that the military must not be taken over by a single leader.

After June 1, 2020, when Trump had nonviolent protesters cleared from Lafayette Square with tear gas and batons, Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley drafted a resignation letter in which he told Trump, “It is my belief that you were doing great and irreparable harm to my country” with his actions over the past weeks.

Milley explained that our Constitution means that “[a]ll men and women are created equal, no matter who you are, whether you are white or Black, Asian, Indian, no matter the color of your skin, no matter if you’re gay, straight or something in between. It doesn’t matter if you’re Catholic, Protestant, Muslim, Jew, or choose not to believe. None of that matters. It doesn’t matter what country you came from, what your last name is—what matters is we’re Americans. We’re all Americans.”

But Trump, he said, was siding with “tyrannies and dictatorships,” “fascism,” “Nazism,” and “extremism” and “ruining the international order” that the Greatest Generation defended in World War II.

While Milley did not, in the end, resign, he did take a public stand against Trump’s use of the military against Americans….

And then, although the Department of Justice (DOJ) didn’t tip off anyone about this, even after it had begun, Trump tonight released a statement saying that the FBI was raiding Mar-a-Lago, his Palm Beach, Florida, property. “They even broke into my safe!” he complained. He called it “an attack by Radical Left Democrats” and said it was a sign that America has become a third-world country. But Trump himself appointed the current director of the FBI, Christopher Wray, after firing former director James Comey for investigating the ties of his 2016 campaign to Russia. Wray is hardly a “Left Democrat”; he served in the George W. Bush administration and is a member of the Federalist Society.

Legal analyst Joyce White Vance reminded people on Twitter: “We don't know yet what crimes the FBI had sufficient evidence of to convince a federal judge there was probable cause to search Trump's residence, but the execution of a search warrant isn't a raid. It's a judicially overseen process.” It appears that the search was about Trump’s removal of classified documents from the White House. (I told you: no one with any brains at all ever messes with archivists.)

As legal analyst Asha Rangappa noted, “a search warrant has to demonstrate probable cause that evidence of a crime will be found in the places and things searched.” And legal analyst Renato Mariotti adds that the Department of Justice doesn’t usually prosecute cases unless the material was deliberately transferred to a third party, and that it is unlikely DOJ would have obtained a search warrant if it did not expect to pursue a case.“
https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.c ... dium=email
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Love predictions.

This blog is summarizing another article. It's about what the establishment will try to do to keep out Trump.

We'll see how close the author comes. He lists the options as plan A, B, etc if you just want to skim.

https://meaninginhistory.substack.com/p ... ping-trump
I think it’s because, while Trump’s core MAGA agenda is decidedly not outside the historic bipartisan mainstream, it is well outside the present regime’s core interests. Our rulers’ wealth and power rise with open borders, trade giveaways, and endless war. Trump, at least in principle, and often in practice, threatens all three. The old America—the one in which Republicans cared about the heartland and weren’t solely valets to corporate power, Democrats were pro-worker and anti-war, and Bill Clinton and The New York Times could advocate border security—is in the process of being replaced, if it hasn’t already been, by one in which there is only one acceptable opinion on not just these, but all other issues.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Good point.

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:19 am
kalm wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:18 am

Indeed…

At its core Twatter has the charm of a flooded Port-a-Potty, but there are some hidden gems in there.

The problem is that klam loves to post the worst that site has to offer. :lol:
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

kalm wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:29 am Good point.

I mean, there's any number of embarrassing stuff they could seize that have nothing to do with classified docs.

If it was so justified and something big was found, why not let us know?
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:02 am

At its core Twatter has the charm of a flooded Port-a-Potty, but there are some hidden gems in there.

Feelings hurt!

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:15 am
kalm wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:29 am Good point.

I mean, there's any number of embarrassing stuff they could seize that have nothing to do with classified docs.

If it was so justified and something big was found, why not let us know?
Pfft…why wait? Like the FBI is trustworthy at all.

:coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Baldy wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:02 am

Hey, Twatter is at least as reliable as Conservative Treehouse, OAN, Huffpo and Vox.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm