Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Fixing America

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:20 am
kalm wrote:
Don’t disagree. Why do you think I tail against Pelosi AND Manchin and suggest the DNC is center right? But these aren’t new concepts either.

“Philosophically, Communism and Anarchism are poles apart. Practically—i.e. in the form of society aimed at—the difference is mainly one of emphasis, but it is quite irreconcilable. The Communist’s emphasis is always on centralism and efficiency, the Anarchist’s on liberty and equality.”

George Orwell, Homage to Catalonia
There is all kinds of room on the scale for Pelosi and Fascisty Manchin to be well to the right of you and still be liberal, klam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, and?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:51 am
CID1990 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:20 am
There is all kinds of room on the scale for Pelosi and Fascisty Manchin to be well to the right of you and still be liberal, klam
Yes, and?
Yes, and while Pelosi and others may be political chameleons, they are currently supporting the Leftist agenda (i.e. not center right) regardless of whether you classify them as mainstream.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:22 am

Yes, and?
Yes, and while Pelosi and others may be political chameleons, they are currently supporting the Leftist agenda (i.e. not center right) regardless of whether you classify them as mainstream.
Oh man… :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:39 am

Oh man… :lol:
translation: Shit, I've been painted into a logical corner again.... :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:39 am Oh man… :lol:
translation: Shit, I've been painted into a logical corner again.... :coffee: :coffee:
Hell the “plenty o liberals are actually closet libertarians” was so absurd I thought it was just a bad troll and almost let it go

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:48 am
AZGrizFan wrote:
Hell the “plenty o liberals are actually closet libertarians” was so absurd I thought it was just a bad troll and almost let it go

We’ve been through this before. Libertarians are closet republicans who like to smoke weed and get laid.

We know you don’t smoke weed, so…….
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:27 pm
CID1990 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:48 am
We’ve been through this before. Libertarians are closet republicans who like to smoke weed and get laid.

And today's so called progressives are lazy shits who don't want to put in the effort or take risks but are envious that people who do are more successful then they are. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:32 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:27 pm

And today's so called progressives are lazy shits who don't want to put in the effort or take risks but are envious that people who do are more successful then they are. :coffee:
Yes. Today’s progressives are yesterday’s liberals who are now today’s conservatives.

:)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:34 pm
Yes. Today’s progressives are similar to yesterday’s liberals who are now today’s conservatives.

FYP

Millennials are the modern Boomer. Selfishly asking the government to spend money on their pet projects while exponentially adding to the debt of future generations.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:42 pm

Yes. Today’s progressives are similar to yesterday’s liberals who are now today’s conservatives.

FYP

Millennials are the modern Boomer. Selfishly asking the government to spend money on their pet projects while exponentially adding to the debt of future generations.
Yeah! As a fellow Gen X’er who also has Gen Z kids I’m totally down with this narrative!

Suck it, Ivytalk and Ibanez!!!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:21 pm

FYP

Yeah! As a fellow Gen X’er who also has Gen Z kids I’m totally down with this narrative!

Suck it, Ivytalk and Ibanez!!!
No..I don't think I will
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

How about we stop doing stuff like this?

If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Yes. Today’s progressives are yesterday’s liberals who are now today’s conservatives.

Someone who identifies as a ‘progressive’ is just a liberal who doesn’t like being called a liberal.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:52 pm

Someone who identifies as a ‘progressive’ is just a liberal who doesn’t like being called a liberal.
I’m a proud liberal. No wait…I’m also a progressive. I’ve also been a capitalistic neoliberal. Hot damn it’s hard keeping up. :lol:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

I'm shocked that six pages in there are no real proposals from the board progressives. :roll:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:
kalm wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:34 pm Yes. Today’s progressives are yesterday’s liberals who are now today’s conservatives.

Progressives are anything but liberal.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:06 am
BDKJMU wrote: Someone who identifies as a ‘progressive’ is just a liberal who doesn’t like being called a liberal.
Progressives are anything but liberal.

Truer words have never been spoken.

America is fine, the political parties need fixin.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:57 am I'm shocked that six pages in there are no real proposals from the board progressives. :roll:
This thread is a microcosm of our politics. Facts are rare, but emotions rule the day.

Lots of talk but no hard ideas from some. Though they are pretty good at finger pointing though and circling the wagons around their pet ideas.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:57 am I'm shocked that six pages in there are no real proposals from the board progressives. :roll:
I will say this: I'm more than shocked. I'm disappointed. I'm willing to discuss/debate literally ANY of the items on this list, but apparently I need to put it on tik tok or twitter to get their attention....that' supposedly where they get all their juicy news from.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:39 pm How about we stop doing stuff like this?

Hence my recommendation that we stop all "aid" to foreign countries. We have our OWN issues to fix, we don't need to be sending hard-earned tax dollars to (in this case) the Taliban, because you KNOW that's who's getting this money.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:10 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:39 pm How about we stop doing stuff like this?

Hence my recommendation that we stop all "aid" to foreign countries. We have our OWN issues to fix, we don't need to be sending hard-earned tax dollars to (in this case) the Taliban, because you KNOW that's who's getting this money.
Ditto.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Yes, and?
gee, why would they do that?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:10 pm

So we should let our former allies that we left behind starve. :ohno:

About what I'd expect from a banker. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

FYP

Deficits don't matter. We'll just have a reset when late-stage capitalism inevitably breaks down.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:21 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:42 pm Millennials are the modern Boomer. Selfishly asking the government to spend money on their pet projects while exponentially adding to the debt of future generations.
Deficits don't matter to Boomers like me. I'll be dead by the time the debt comes due.
FYP