dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Biden's Economic Performance Has Proved Unbeatable

Post by dbackjon »

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... unbeatable

No first-year president going back to Carter comes close to matching the current White House occupant’s No. 1 or No. 2 ranking in each of 10 key measures.

U.S. financial markets are outperforming the world by the biggest margin in the 21st century, and with good reason: America’s economy improved more in Joe Biden's first 12 months than any president during the past 50 years notwithstanding the contrary media narrative contributing to dour public opinion.

Exceptional returns from dollar-denominated assets, especially the S&P 500 Index in both absolute terms and relative to its global counterparts, can be attributed to record-low debt ratios enabling companies to reap the biggest profit margins since 1950. Corporate America is booming because the Biden administration's Covid-19 vaccination programs and $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan reduced the jobless rate to 4.2% in November from 6.2% in February, continuing an unprecedented rate of decline during the Covid-19 pandemic.
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Biden's Economic Performance Has Proved Unbeatable

Post by dbackjon »

Consider that real, or inflation adjusted, gross domestic product surged at an average annual rate of 5.03% in each of the first three quarters of 2021, and is poised to expand 5.6% for the year based on the average estimate of more than 80 economists surveyed Bloomberg. If that forecast proves accurate, it would be more than 2.8 times the average between 2000 and 2019 and double the average since 1976.

All of which makes Biden's first year in the White House the standout among the seven previous presidents, based on 10 market and economic indicators given equal weight. According to data compiled by Bloomberg, no one comes close to matching Biden's combination of No. 1 and No. 2 rankings for each of the measures:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Consider that real, or inflation adjusted, gross domestic product surged at an average annual rate of 5.03% in each of the first three quarters of 2021, and is poised to expand 5.6% for the year based on the average estimate of more than 80 economists surveyed Bloomberg. If that forecast proves accurate, it would be more than 2.8 times the average between 2000 and 2019 and double the average since 1976.

All of which makes Biden's first year in the White House the standout among the seven previous presidents, based on 10 market and economic indicators given equal weight. According to data compiled by Bloomberg, no one comes close to matching Biden's combination of No. 1 and No. 2 rankings for each of the measures:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Despite what the GOP and Mainstream Media want you to think, Biden is kicking ass with virtually every measure.

Only a complete Partisan Hack wouldn't see that.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:38 pm Despite what the GOP and Mainstream Media want you to think, Biden is kicking ass with virtually every measure.

Only a complete Partisan Hack wouldn't see that.
Enjoying a pleasant drive ...

and then ...

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

LAWL

Us normals are just sitting back thinking we’ll just believe our lying eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

Figures lie and liars figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Top down economies are wonderful!
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

dpsakijon celebrates second place finish in 2021 Dow Jones contest! :thumb:

Give that lad a trophy! :)
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

This is an absolute CLASSIC psakijon thread…next thing, JSO will chime in about what a great job Biden has done with the stock market…
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:25 pm This is an absolute CLASSIC psakijon thread…next thing, JSO will chime in about what a great job Biden has done with the stock market…
I figured all you neoliberal supporting mofo’s would be overjoyed at this performance.

:mrgreen:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:54 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:25 pm This is an absolute CLASSIC psakijon thread…next thing, JSO will chime in about what a great job Biden has done with the stock market…
I figured all you neoliberal supporting mofo’s would be overjoyed at this performance.

And you left-leaning mofos just tell the Fed to keep those printing presses rolling! Build Back Better! Let’s go, Brandon! It’s transitory! Believe me!
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:40 am
kalm wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:54 am

And you left-leaning mofos just tell the Fed to keep those printing presses rolling! Build Back Better! Let’s go, Brandon! It’s transitory! Believe me!
The Fed is printing money because of neoliberal domination over the past 40 years.

Remember…perpetual growth is what they believe in and what keeps the serfs content enough.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

No I won't. I don't think there is a cause and effect relationship between what Biden's done and the stock market any more than I think there was a cause and effect relationship between what Trump did and the stock market. There was a big dip in early 2020 that I think was due to COVID-19 (Captain Obvious) and it's been generally increasing since it bottomed out on during March of that year. If you look at the graph you would not say that it looks like something happened around January, 2021 to change things.

Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I think the most important thing for you Trump fans to remember is that Trump said if Biden was elected the Stock Market would crash, etc. The important thing isn't that you decide Biden is responsible for the stock market doing well during 2021. The important thing is to realize that Trump wasn't the reason it was doing well BEFORE 2021.

As you can see, the Trump factor was removed and it kept doing fine.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:33 pm I think the most important thing for you Trump fans to remember is that Trump said if Biden was elected the Stock Market would crash, etc. The important thing isn't that you decide Biden is responsible for the stock market doing well during 2021. The important thing is to realize that Trump wasn't the reason it was doing well BEFORE 2021.

BIDEN himself said if he was elected he would “whip” the virus. How’s that going for him? :lol: :lol:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:20 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:33 pm I think the most important thing for you Trump fans to remember is that Trump said if Biden was elected the Stock Market would crash, etc. The important thing isn't that you decide Biden is responsible for the stock market doing well during 2021. The important thing is to realize that Trump wasn't the reason it was doing well BEFORE 2021.

BIDEN himself said if he was elected he would “whip” the virus. How’s that going for him? :lol: :lol:
He quit and is now following Trump's plan.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

I know dback means for this to be positive but I'm not sure we're in positive territory here. I'm glad the stock market hasn't tanked (nothing that Biden or any POTUS can really control) but let's not forget that lumber, car, food, heating and other prices that directly affect average Americans have gone up and continue to.

Also, can you say his economic performance is proven unbeatable if nobody has had a chance to come afterwards?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

If this is all fact, why is it an opinion piece?
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Opinions or facts
Though feelings trump them all now
What matters is I
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:19 am If this is all fact, why is it an opinion piece?
It's an alternative fact. :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:37 pm https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... unbeatable

No first-year president going back to Carter comes close to matching the current White House occupant’s No. 1 or No. 2 ranking in each of 10 key measures.

U.S. financial markets are outperforming the world by the biggest margin in the 21st century, and with good reason: America’s economy improved more in Joe Biden's first 12 months than any president during the past 50 years notwithstanding the contrary media narrative contributing to dour public opinion.

Exceptional returns from dollar-denominated assets, especially the S&P 500 Index in both absolute terms and relative to its global counterparts, can be attributed to record-low debt ratios enabling companies to reap the biggest profit margins since 1950. Corporate America is booming because the Biden administration's Covid-19 vaccination programs and $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan reduced the jobless rate to 4.2% in November from 6.2% in February, continuing an unprecedented rate of decline during the Covid-19 pandemic.
this post aged well. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:23 am
dbackjon wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:37 pm https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... unbeatable

:lol: :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:23 am

this post aged well. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :suspicious: