Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: 2021 Elections

Post by Pwns »

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... iever.html

Slate is one of those publications that blames every donk electoral failure on "voter suppression". They can't do that in the Virginia race, so they go full JSO.

And to be fair, your average voter isn't that informed, but it's not like Democrats weren't helped by fools that really thought if the Hildabeast had been president there'd be significantly fewer covid deaths. Democrats can't campaign like it's 1992 and they're up against GHWB and expect to win.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:30 am 89Henette went to the oldest Catholic university in the 50 states (a dig at G'town being in DC).
Which one is that? ND?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:18 am
89Hen wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:30 am 89Henette went to the oldest Catholic university in the 50 states (a dig at G'town being in DC).
Which one is that? ND?
Different golden dome.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Carville nails it.

"PBS NewsHour" host Judy Woodruff asked Carville what went wrong for the Democratic Party in the Virginia gubernatorial race in which Republican Glenn Youngkin beat former Gov. Terry McAuliffe.

"What went wrong is just stupid wokeness. Don't just look at Virginia and New Jersey. Look at Long Island, look at Buffalo, look at Minneapolis, even look at Seattle, Wash. I mean, this 'defund the police' lunacy, this take Abraham Lincoln's name off of schools. I mean that — people see that," Carville said.
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5799 ... tic-losses
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

Ibanez wrote:Carville nails it.

"PBS NewsHour" host Judy Woodruff asked Carville what went wrong for the Democratic Party in the Virginia gubernatorial race in which Republican Glenn Youngkin beat former Gov. Terry McAuliffe.

"What went wrong is just stupid wokeness. Don't just look at Virginia and New Jersey. Look at Long Island, look at Buffalo, look at Minneapolis, even look at Seattle, Wash. I mean, this 'defund the police' lunacy, this take Abraham Lincoln's name off of schools. I mean that — people see that," Carville said.
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5799 ... tic-losses
Lefties are already calling him racist for this ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

DSUrocks07 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:02 am Lefties are already calling him racist for this ImageImageImage
But the left isn't dysfunctional. :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:14 am https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... iever.html

Slate is one of those publications that blames every donk electoral failure on "voter suppression". They can't do that in the Virginia race, so they go full JSO.

And to be fair, your average voter isn't that informed, but it's not like Democrats weren't helped by fools that really thought if the Hildabeast had been president there'd be significantly fewer covid deaths. Democrats can't campaign like it's 1992 and they're up against GHWB and expect to win.
Trump showed terrible leadership in handling covid. It’s not exactly a stretch to assume practically anyone would have done better with deaths.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:27 am
DSUrocks07 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:02 am Lefties are already calling him racist for this ImageImageImage
The entire system is dysfunctional. But yes, the Dems are especially bad.
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DSUrocks07 »

kalm wrote:
Pwns wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:14 am https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... iever.html

Trump showed terrible leadership in handling covid. It’s not exactly a stretch to assume practically anyone would have done better with deaths.
One thing I will say, if Hillary was president then maybe Democrats don't pull there whole "everything little thing Trump does or says is racist" card and actually secure the border and limit international travel and NOT walk around in large groups in public to say, come to our cities and shop in Chinatown.

Everything Democrats did from 2016 to now has ALWAYS been in response to what Trump said or did.

If Trump pushed for vaccines and mandates and travel restrictions from day one you would have Dems crying and saying that he was instituting a police state. Because muh fascism.

@phillywild305 FB
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:08 pm
89Hen wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:27 am

The entire system is dysfunctional. But yes, the Dems are especially bad.
Was really about JSO's quote last week...
They'll end up with something but they already created the impression that the Democrats are disfunctional.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

DSUrocks07 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:15 pm
kalm wrote:
One thing I will say, if Hillary was president then maybe Democrats don't pull there whole "everything little thing Trump does or says is racist" card and actually secure the border and limit international travel and NOT walk around in large groups in public to say, come to our cities and shop in Chinatown.

Everything Democrats did from 2016 to now has ALWAYS been in response to what Trump said or did.

If Trump pushed for vaccines and mandates and travel restrictions from day one you would have Dems crying and saying that he was instituting a police state. Because muh fascism.

Which negates Klammy's claim. It would not have mattered WHICH Republican was president....dems would have acted the same way. And they'd have never shut the border (I mean they STILL won't shut the border, even during massive waves of variants and the proven case count of illegals at the border, and despite all we've learned about the virus over the past 18 months)...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:07 pm
DSUrocks07 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:15 pm One thing I will say, if Hillary was president then maybe Democrats don't pull there whole "everything little thing Trump does or says is racist" card and actually secure the border and limit international travel and NOT walk around in large groups in public to say, come to our cities and shop in Chinatown.

Which negates Klammy's claim. It would not have mattered WHICH Republican was president....dems would have acted the same way. And they'd have never shut the border (I mean they STILL won't shut the border, even during massive waves of variants and the proven case count of illegals at the border, and despite all we've learned about the virus over the past 18 months)...
Which claim? :?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:10 am
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:49 pm

Compared to Notre Dame, Georgetown (which purports to be Catholic), Holy Cross, and Fordham, Catholic U is inferior. Beyond that, McAuliffe has only profited from the courage of his connections. Youngkin is a bona fide success story.
I'm running home right away to have my son pull back his application to Catholic (and the honors program there - it's probably #4 or #5 on his list of schools and he'll probably get into #1 anyway, but it's still on the list). Can't really afford the other schools mentioned, but I'll make sure he knows it's off the list now! :rofl:
Actually, I knew a very smart woman who went to Catholic. She ended up marrying a Jewish guy. Go figure. :|
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:52 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:07 pm

your claim that virtually "anyone could have done better with COVID deaths"...
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:54 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:52 pm

Yeah I’ll stand by it despite the border crisis. Is your concern the Covid spike it created or Let’s Go Brandon?
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

kalm wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:06 pm

With our healthcare system being what it is and all the Verucca Salts who don't want to wear masks or get the shot, I don't know how it can be much better with a different prez.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DSUrocks07 »

Pwns wrote:
kalm wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:06 pm Trump showed terrible leadership in handling covid. It’s not exactly a stretch to assume practically anyone would have done better with deaths.
With our healthcare system being what it is and all the Verucca Salts who don't want to wear masks or get the shot, I don't know how it can be much better with a different prez.
And does a different president push forward the vaccine in such rapid fashion that Trump did? Or are we going into month 19 of nationwide lockdowns with a Democrat president?

@phillywild305 FB
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Could have put this here or in the Making America Woke Again thread ...

AOC, Squad silent on Winsome Sears' historic Virginia election victory
Squad members celebrated the historic wins of other women on Tuesday
Members of the Squad did not respond when asked to comment on the historic Virginia election of Winsome Sears, who will be the first woman lieutenant governor, the first Black woman elected statewide, and the first naturalized citizen to hold the position.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:51 pm Could have put this here or in the Making America Woke Again thread ...

Members of the Squad did not respond when asked to comment on the historic Virginia election of Winsome Sears, who will be the first woman lieutenant governor, the first Black woman elected statewide, and the first naturalized citizen to hold the position.
In other news…UNI88 woefully silent on NDSU’s victory last week.
:kisswink:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:30 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:51 pm Could have put this here or in the Making America Woke Again thread ...

:flag: 15 Yard Penalty - Deflection.

Do I go around promoting the victories of other ungulates while ignoring NDZU? No.

Do members of the Squat go around promoting the victories of females, African-Americans, immigrants? Yes. Apparently they're only interested in female, minority and/or immigrant wins if the victor passes an ideological litmus test. That's selfish and shallow.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:31 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:54 pm

Yeah I’ll stand by it despite the border crisis. Is your concern the Covid spike it created or Let’s Go Brandon?
My concern is the double standard applied to literally EVERYTHING related to the COVID pandemic by the democrats. From the way they badmouthed the vaccine to the way they STILL handle the border crisis (and it’s related covid spread).
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:49 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:30 pm

:flag: 15 Yard Penalty - Deflection.

Do I go around promoting the victories of other ungulates while ignoring NDZU? No.

Do members of the Squat go around promoting the victories of females, African-Americans, immigrants? Yes. Apparently they're only interested in female, minority and/or immigrant wins if the victor passes an ideological litmus test. That's selfish and shallow.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:24 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:31 pm

My concern is the double standard applied to literally EVERYTHING related to the COVID pandemic by the democrats. From the way they badmouthed the vaccine to the way they STILL handle the border crisis (and it’s related covid spread).
Sure. But other than the vaccine roll out, Trump still sucked at leadership during the Covid crisis, right?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:34 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:24 pm

Sure. But other than the vaccine roll out, Trump still sucked at leadership during the Covid crisis, right?
Your premise was that literally anyone could have done better. My premise is it wouldn’t have mattered WHO was in the White House, as long as they had an R behind their name the donks would have responded exactly as they did with Trump. Fought him literally at every turn. Demonized him. Berated him. Lied about him. And that was just about the pandemic.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

The Democratic Turnout Myth Unravels

Democrats aren't the only ones with delusions about what happened in Virginia ...
And John Fredericks, the conservative talk radio host who was chairman of Trump’s 2016 and 2020 campaigns in Virginia, credited Youngkin’s victory to his building an “election integrity task force” to monitor polling places across the state.
Fredericks believes this despite the report that
Youngkin’s poll watchers, according to a Washington Post account of their activities during early voting, observed Virginia’s voting process and concluded it was free of the fraud that Trump and others baselessly claim exists. And there were no significant reports of voter intimidation from Republican poll watchers, as Democrats had feared.