Kyle Rittenhouse Trial

Political discussions
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Kyle Rittenhouse Trial

Post by Col Hogan »

The trial of 18 year old Kyle Rittenhouse gets underway tomorrow with jury selection in Kenosha WI. 200 citizens have been called to report, and the trial judge wants 20 selected to make up the 12 jurors and 8 alternates.

Rittenhouse is facing 5 felony charges and one misdemeanor charge stemming from actions during the August 2020 riot in Kenosha. The charges are:
Count 1. First degree reckless homicide (Rosenbaum). At approximately 11:45pm amidst the chaos of August 25, 2020, Kyle would shoot and kill Joseph Rosenbaum, in claimed self-defense. This would result in the first degree reckless homicide charge against Kyle, Count 1 in the criminal complaint, under § 940.02(1) First-degree reckless homicide.. If convicted of this charge Kyle is looking at up to 60 years in prison, plus an additional 5 years for having used a dangerous weapon.

Count 2. First degree reckless endangering (McGinnis). Near to this scene was a reporter, Richard McGinnis, who had moments before been interviewing Kyle. McGinnis would later tell police that he did not think that Kyle was handing his rifle safely. This would result in the first degree reckless endangering charge against Kyle, Count 2 of the criminal complaint, under § 941.30(1). Recklessly endangering safety. If convicted on this charge Kyle is looking at up to 12 years in prison, plus an additional 5 years for having used a dangerous weapon.

After shooting Rosenbaum, Kyle began to run towards a line of police officers who had created a vehicle barricade a short distance down the street. During this flight to police Kyle was pursued by angry members of the mob, during which he would fall to the street. Once fallen, Kyle was subject to violent attack by several men.

Count 3. First degree intentional homicide (Huber). One of the men who attacked Kyle was Anthony M. Huber. While Kyle was struggling to get up from where he had fallen, Huber struck at Kyle’s head and neck with a heavy skateboard. Kyle shot Huber, with fatal results. This would result in the first degree intentional homicide charge against Kyle, Count 3 of the criminal complaint, under § 940.01(1)(a). First degree intentional homicide. If convicted on this charge Kyle is looking at life imprisonment—and, once again, an additional 5 years for having used a dangerous weapon.

Count 4. Attempted first degree intentional homicide (Grosskreutz). Another of the men who attacked Kyle was Gaige Grosskreutz. While Kyle was fighting off the other attackers as he struggled to rise from the street, Grosskreutz approached Kyle initially with his hands up in a peaceful gesture, but then swiftly presented a pistol and rapidly closed on Kyle. Kyle shot Grosskreutz, striking him in the right bicep, causing serious not but fatal injury. This would result in the attempted first degree intentional homicide charge against Kyle, Count 4 of the criminal complaint, under 940.01(1)(a). First degree intentional homicide. If convicted on this charge Kyle is looking 60 years in prison, plus an additional 5 years for having used a dangerous weapon.

Count 5. First degree reckless endangerment (unknown male). Another of the men who attacked Kyle was an unidentified male who attempted a flying drop kick onto Kyle as he lay in the street. Kyle shot at this attacker, but missed. This would result in the first degree reckless endangerment charge against Kyle, Count 5 in the criminal complaint, under § 941.30(1). Recklessly endangering safety. If convicted on this charge Kyle is looking at up to 12 years in prison, plus an additional 5 years for having used a dangerous weapon.

Count 6. Unlawful Weapon Possession by Minor. Finally, Kyle also would be charged with unlawful possession of a weapon by a minor, Count 6 in the criminal complaint, under § 948.60(2)(a). Possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18. This the sole misdemeanor charge specified in the criminal complaint, and if convicted on this charge Kyle is looking at up to 9 months in prison.
https://lawofselfdefense.com/rittenhous ... -tomorrow/

The New York Times did a good timeline using videos and various police reports

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/us/k ... video.html
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse Trial

Post by Col Hogan »

My prediction…

Not Guilty on the felonies, guilty on the misdemeanor…

I feel he should be found not guilty on the misdemeanor but I think its going to be a bone thrown to the wolves circling…

Then, will there be more riots on Kenosha???

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Col Hogan wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:29 pm My prediction…

I feel he should be found not guilty on the misdemeanor but I think its going to be a bone thrown to the wolves circling…

No. He shot white people.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Saw that the defense was able to refer to the "victims" as arsonists. :lol: :clap:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Col Hogan wrote:My prediction…

Probably accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Why would you say no on the misdemeanor? I think that one makes a lot of sense and is fairly non-controversial. He shouldn't have been there with that gun. I agree, the felony counts aren't going to stick, too much evidence that his life was in danger so self-defense will work, but how do you get around that he shouldn't have had the gun?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I think he did act in self-defense but there ought to be some provision for charging him with a crime just for showing up in such a situation running around with gun like that. There is no way somebody who is not law enforcement should take it upon themselves to go outside of their home State to go show up in an inflamed situation like that running around with a gun.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:51 pm I think he did act in self-defense but there ought to be some provision for charging him with a crime just for showing up in such a situation running around with gun like that. There is no way somebody who is not law enforcement should take it upon themselves to go outside of their home State to go show up in an inflamed situation like that running around with a gun.
In his defense, he lived in Antioch, Illinois which is within walking distance of Wisconsin and I think he worked in Kenosha.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

The first day of jury selection is over, with some 29 of the 150 potential jurors excused…
The jury that is ultimately selected in the politically charged case will have to decide whether Rittenhouse acted in self-defense, as his lawyers claim, or was engaged in vigilantism when he opened fire with an AR-15-style semiautomatic rifle.

By early evening, at least 29 of the 150 or so prospective jurors summoned had been dismissed, about a dozen of them because they had strong opinions about the case or doubts they could be fair. Some also expressed fear about serving on the jury because of public anger but were not immediately let go.
https://apnews.com/article/kyle-rittenh ... 7c1a8789af

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

So it’s illegal to own a firearm under the age of 18? A couple of the weapons I lost in my boating accident I’ve had since I was 13….in Montana you get guns very early in life.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I just want to know when he's 21 and free so I can buy the young Patriot a drink. He's a crack shot and did great work.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:11 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:51 pm I think he did act in self-defense but there ought to be some provision for charging him with a crime just for showing up in such a situation running around with gun like that. There is no way somebody who is not law enforcement should take it upon themselves to go outside of their home State to go show up in an inflamed situation like that running around with a gun.
In his defense, he lived in Antioch, Illinois which is within walking distance of Wisconsin and I think he worked in Kenosha.
JSO is just a Dem shill anymore. They told him to use the "cross state lines" thing because it plays well in Democratic focus groups.

I recognize that it wasn't like he went outside of his area, but he wasn't just shooting off some rounds in his backyard for fun. The misdemeanor is an appropriate charge IMO. No chance on the felonies.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Col Hogan wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:58 am
Holy shit is that a racist jury!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

93henfan wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:25 am
Col Hogan wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:58 am
I'm guessing the defense cancelled a lot of BIPOC jurors.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:33 am

If 7 is a lot…that’s the max number of potential jurors either side could “cancel”…

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Col Hogan wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:54 pm
If 7 is a lot…that’s the max number of potential jurors either side could “cancel”…
7 or 6 peremptory challenges?

And I'm sure they looked for opportunities to challenge for cause when possible. It's their job to try and get as friendly a jury as possible.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Bipolar Cunts? My ex-wife doesn't live in Wisconsin.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

93henfan wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:33 am I'm guessing the defense cancelled a lot of BIPOC jurors.
Beat me to the joke.

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

clenz wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:15 pm
93henfan wrote:
Beat me to the joke.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Oh...so the FBI was there....wonder what other "big events" they were at as well?

Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

Video dominated day three of the Rittenhouse trial in Kenosha WI…
While the videos in the case were widely circulated, it was the first opportunity the jury saw videos of the fatal shootings. At times they were uncomfortable as the videos played. The jury also got to see Kyle Rittenhouse’s reaction to the videos.

The state walked the jury through all three shootings starting with Joseph Rosenbaum who was shot and killed in a used car parking lot.

As the graphic unedited video was played, Rittenhouse looked away from the screens in the court room

Then, as Rittenhouse walks away from Rosenbaum’s body, others in the crowd try and chase him down, including Anthony Huber who hit Rittenhouse with a skateboard.

Rittenhouse’s attorneys said the teen shot and killed Huber in self-defense. A third person was shot and injured

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ky ... ar-AAQifOw

Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

The prosecutor is still presenting his case, but he seems to be helping the defense…

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/11/r ... MR9tOT8WQE

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

The kid went looking for an opportunity to shoot somebody and he got it and probably considers it the high point of his life. Both the individuals caught bringing guns to a riot should go to prison.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Probably, the young incel will surely be a resident of Idaho by then
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky