Political discussions
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse Trial

Post by DSUrocks07 »

Read a tweet the other day that summed it up perfectly.

Rittenhouse verdict confirms your right to defend yourself against a violent mob.

Coffee verdict confirms your right to defend yourself against a violent government.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

kalm wrote: matures into a more gracious, accepting, democratic, and less violent culture.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

If the Left wants to refer to their actions over the last two years as "gracious, accepting, democratic and less violent". Then Murica is long gone, they're just kicking and beating the corpse at this point.

MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

DSUrocks07 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:13 am
kalm wrote: matures into a more gracious, accepting, democratic, and less violent culture.

If the Left wants to refer to their actions over the last two years as "gracious, accepting, democratic and less violent". Then Murica is long gone, they're just kicking and beating the corpse at this point.

It takes both sides to get there.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:46 am Interesting interview with a white supremacy historian. It has become quite mainstream on the right.

The trial outcome is one thing…but the hero worship of Rittenhouse is unsettling.
There have been many acquittals and partial verdicts that the white power movement and militant groups have taken as signs that they can continue their activities unabated. I’m thinking of the acquittals in the Greensboro trials at state, federal and civil levels, [when members of the Ku Klux Klan and the American Nazi party shot and killed five marchers in an anti-Klan rally organized by the Communist Workers party in 1979], the acquittals in the seditious conspiracy trial in 1987-88 [after an all-white jury acquitted 13 white supremacists who were charged with plotting to overthrow the US government and kill federal officials] and the partial prosecution of Timothy McVeigh after the Oklahoma City bombing, where we saw the conviction of just one of a few conspirators rather than a prosecution geared at a movement, which is what this was.

I think Kenosha is a much more significant moment. It’s not my place to second-guess our judicial system. I believe in the rule of law. I believe in jury trial. But we know from the historical record that every time there is an incident like this, it has set off renewed activity by the white power movement, often with imminent casualties. Kenosha has not just been watched by extremists, but by a whole bunch of people on the right. It is a moment that animates not only the fringe, which is what we’ve seen before, but also components of the mainstream.

On the topic of the fringe and the mainstream, I often find myself not wanting to use the word extremist any more because it seems like we’re seeing fringe beliefs increasingly become more mainstream.

I’m a historian. The period I study is the 1980s and the 1990s and in that time period the white power movement really did not think it had any chance of making inroads in mainstream politics. But that’s clearly not the case any more. There was just a story going around about how at least 28 elected officials are current or former members of the Oath Keepers, which is an extrajudicial militia group, a private army. The idea that we can have elected officials from a private army is deeply, deeply concerning.

To clear up for readers who may get snarled when we use the word militia: all legal militia activity was incorporated into state national guard units in 1903 in the Dick Act. Everything else is extralegal. There are laws in the books in all 50 states that limit having private armies. And yet here they are. We have elected officials who report to these groups.

There are at least 10 people who participated in the insurrection on 6 January and have now been elected into office in the GOP. We’re not talking any more about one person with questionable quotes or one person who said something scandalous a long time ago. We’re talking about a movement of people who are acting in concert. This is a much different thing. We need to not only be thinking about the threat of mass casualty events, which has been imminent for the last several years, but also the threat to our democratic system.“
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... M6_vbc2FQk
This is blather. It was pretty obvious to a rational person that Rittenhouse acted in self-defense and was innocent of any serious charges. The trial that is significant to white supremacists is the trial of three men accused of killing Ahmaud Arbery
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:31 am

How can "Murica mature into a more gracious, accepting, democratic, and less violent culture" if both extremes are resorting to violence and post-partisans like yourself spend all of their time and keystrokes focusing on the misdeeds of only one extreme? :D
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

"It’s not my place to second-guess our judicial system. I believe in the rule of law. I believe in jury trial."

And then he does just that and proves he believes in neither. :lol: :lol: :lol: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:50 am Yep. A patriot.
You guys have funny hero’s. Will he remain a patriot as ‘Murica matures into a more gracious, accepting, democratic, and less violent culture.

:lol:
I’d like to see that - a country where people aren’t so stupid as to chase and charge at a guy with a rifle who isn’t chasing them.

But until that day comes there’s always Armalite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:12 am
kalm wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:31 am

How can "Murica mature into a more gracious, accepting, democratic, and less violent culture" if both extremes are resorting to violence and post-partisans like yourself spend all of their time and keystrokes focusing on the misdeeds of only one extreme? :D
Looting and violent protests don’t have to be partisan issues. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:12 am "It’s not my place to second-guess our judicial system. I believe in the rule of law. I believe in jury trial."

And then he does just that and proves he believes in neither. :lol: :lol: :lol: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
He?

bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

kalm wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:22 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:12 am "It’s not my place to second-guess our judicial system. I believe in the rule of law. I believe in jury trial."

He?

If that's a "he", I'm gay and even my penis is mad about it.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

:hitit:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:34 pm :hitit:
Z would hate hit that historian back to the Stone Age.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

bobbythekidd wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:30 pm

He?

If that's a "he", I'm gay and even my penis is mad about it.
:lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

He?

didn't look at the byline. Just assumed gender.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:41 pm
CAA Flagship wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:34 pm :hitit:
Z would hate hit that historian back to the Stone Age.
It's the glasses, bro. The glasses just do it for me. :nod: :nod: :nod:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

DSUrocks07 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:05 am
kalm wrote:Interesting interview with a white supremacy historian. It has become quite mainstream on the right.

The trial outcome is one thing…but the hero worship of Rittenhouse is unsettling.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... M6_vbc2FQk
So what does the Andrew Coffee verdict qualify as?

Funny how that one got no run. Another solid verdict as well...and shits all over the "but if he was black" bullshit narrative that the shitlibs were pushing.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

I would say you can’t make this stuff up but apparently you can

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:37 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:27 pm

That guy was horrible. All other things aside. his behavior can do nothing but undermine confidence in the system. Created the impression of extreme bias. Totally unprofessional.
Cry more, shitlib.
....focusing on the smell of burning pork coming from Georgia should help.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:43 pm
DSUrocks07 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:05 am So what does the Andrew Coffee verdict qualify as?

Funny how that one got no run. Another solid verdict as well...and shits all over the "but if he was black" bullshit narrative that the shitlibs were pushing.
:rofl:

....caught your ol lady with one, I take it? :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

I told all you fuckers this back when Citizens United made it official that the government of the US is up for sale to the highest bidder.

Murica been dead for 10 years, now. All this shit is just the corpse twitching. The Chinese will be picking up great deals at the garage sale. :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
DSUrocks07 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:13 am ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I told all you fuckers this back when Citizens United made it official that the government of the US is up for sale to the highest bidder.

Murica been dead for 10 years, now. All this shit is just the corpse twitching. The Chinese will be picking up great deals at the garage sale. :coffee:
WHHHIIIIIINNE

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:32 am

Is there a poly board thread where you haven't shit out a Citizens United turd?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

houndawg wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:32 am

China didn't like this verdict, we still got our guns and ammo.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
houndawg wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:32 am I told all you fuckers this back when Citizens United made it official that the government of the US is up for sale to the highest bidder.

Is there a poly board thread where you haven't shit out a Citizens United turd?
Only HD could draw a line between a completely irrelevant and unrelated SCOTUS decision and a personal self defense case

klam’s obsessed with Citizens United maybe he can decipher HD’s authentic frontier gibberish for us coastal elites who don’t sit on our porches with a shotgun and a jug