The Great Resignation

Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: The Great Resignation

Post by Ibanez »

Pwns wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:41 am My cousin is in supply chain management and has told me the irate calls people have to deal with are just UNREAL and they've even gotten police involved multiple times. It's a self-perpetuating cycle because labor shortages causes things to slow down, which produces irate customers, which causes people to quit and leads to more labor shortages.

I will say too that tele-work should've normalized many years ago. I'm so sick of people out there that think me and other millenials want to live in large cities because we can't bear not being near a Starbucks or not having lots of Tinder matches. Horse****. Where do you think most of the jobs for college-educated people are? The crowded, expensive craphole large cities can't start hemorrhaging people fast enough for me. :nod:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: My cousin is an exec at Yellow - he told me last week that it's so much worst than what we're told. Regulation, pay, tariffs, Pandemic, abysmal trade policies from the past 20+ years have created a perfect storm.

And I took the pandemic as an excuse to upgrade my coffee machine (still wish I had gotten the one with the espresso maker.)

Elder Millennial For The Win!!!!!!
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Buddy got an espresso maker (a European model I believe). Him and the wife just love it and it is used daily.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:44 am Buddy got an espresso maker (a European model I believe). Him and the wife just love it and it is used daily.
Nespresso kicks the sh!t out of Keurig.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:44 am Buddy got an espresso maker (a European model I believe). Him and the wife just love it and it is used daily.
I was introduced to the Nespresso while travelling through Italy - I want one badly. lol. My FiL got one last year and loves it (though does admit it's an expensive habit with the pods)
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:55 am
I was introduced to the Nespresso while travelling through Italy - I want one badly. lol. My FiL got one last year and loves it (though does admit it's an expensive habit with the pods)
Never been much of a coffee drinker but bumming around Europe for work over the years made me a fan of an espresso after a meal or in the morning.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:39 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:55 am

Never been much of a coffee drinker but bumming around Europe for work over the years made me a fan of an espresso after a meal or in the morning.
:thumb: I wasn't an espresso fan until I went to Italy.

Btw - the BEST espresso i've ever had was in Morocco. The BEST! :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SuperHornet wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:44 am Having experienced unemployment (and exacerbated by the ineptitude of EDD), my only conclusion is that no matter how bad the situation, one does NOT resign in order to step out into nothing. I will only resign if I have an accepted offer in hand. For me, resigning in order to step out into nothing is just dumb....
What you're forgetting is that so many are stepping into nothing from nothing........and there are millions of jobs jobs begging to filled, right?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

89Hen wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:49 am
93henfan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:40 am COVID has been a blessing for my quality of life.
:thumb:

Me too. The car I bought two months ago was refueled for the first time last week. It's more of a paperweight than a vehicle right now.
The silence alone has been worth the shutdown. I'm OK with this becoming the norm.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky