Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Bidenflation and Shortage thread

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:18 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:15 am

Question: When you post in a thread, do you go back and reread every post you missed? Every time?
I’ll either:
-Read to the end of the thread before responding
-Respond and then continue reading to the end of the thread.

So I’m rarely missing any posts in a thread I post on, except for the ones from JSO and Densedawg that I skip over.
I'm already wasting time on a message board but I don't have that much time to waste. :lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I figured I would put this here instead of in the Misc thread.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... -wokeness/

I’m not so sure about the ultimate outcome the author is talking about, but boy does he hit the nail on the head over wasteful and inefficient spending.

I’m also not sure if I agree with him on the resistance to a move to nuclear power. I think the left is going to wake up and smell the coffee on that one soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:02 am I figured I would put this here instead of in the Misc thread.

I’m not so sure about the ultimate outcome the author is talking about, but boy does he hit the nail on the head over wasteful and inefficient spending.

I’m also not sure if I agree with him on the resistance to a move to nuclear power. I think the left is going to wake up and smell the coffee on that one soon.

The solutions to some of our problems are as obvious as the fake tan on Trumps face.

Nuclear Energy - obvious. We've had this discussion. I'm not convinced that hte left will "wake up" to it...i'll have to see more tangible evidence before I agree to that.

Severe spending cuts to every single program, agency, project, etc... all the sacred cows. If you want to leave SS alone, then cut the equivalency somewhere else ( start with all the obsolete agencies like the REA and EDA). Then go to the agencies that duplicate the work of another agency (some of these are also obsolete like the EDA)
And the No. 1 federal boondoggle lawmakers could eliminate tomorrow without hurting anyone at all: The Economic Development Administration (EDA), which duplicates the activities of at least 62 other community development programs. The EDA will spend $350 million this year to spur local economic growth. Yet a recent GAO study found the EDA had no impact at all. Zippo. Five-year savings: $933 million.

https://www.heritage.org/budget-and-spe ... t-programs

Our own government has told us repeatedly what to do...we just need politicians and President that have the guts to actually do it (and Trump was on his way with his budget proposal years ago)

https://www.gao.gov/duplication-cost-savings
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:36 am
CID1990 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:02 am I figured I would put this here instead of in the Misc thread.

The solutions to some of our problems are as obvious as the fake tan on Trumps face.

Nuclear Energy - obvious. We've had this discussion. I'm not convinced that hte left will "wake up" to it...i'll have to see more tangible evidence before I agree to that.

Severe spending cuts to every single program, agency, project, etc... all the sacred cows. If you want to leave SS alone, then cut the equivalency somewhere else ( start with all the obsolete agencies like the REA and EDA). Then go to the agencies that duplicate the work of another agency (some of these are also obsolete like the EDA)
And the No. 1 federal boondoggle lawmakers could eliminate tomorrow without hurting anyone at all: The Economic Development Administration (EDA), which duplicates the activities of at least 62 other community development programs. The EDA will spend $350 million this year to spur local economic growth. Yet a recent GAO study found the EDA had no impact at all. Zippo. Five-year savings: $933 million.

Our own government has told us repeatedly what to do...we just need politicians and President that have the guts to actually do it (and Trump was on his way with his budget proposal years ago)

:nod:

Now if only we could elect some people with that will (that don't have Trumps baggage).
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:13 am

Now if only we could elect some people with that will (that don't have Trumps baggage).
If you read the highlights from the GAO, there's been some progress. But in 10 years (2011-2021), they've only done gotten through 17% of the recommendations...that's weak.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:24 am

If you read the highlights from the GAO, there's been some progress. But in 10 years (2011-2021), they've only done gotten through 17% of the recommendations...that's weak.
Weak is an understatement.

The bureaucracy rolls exceedingly slow.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Let's kick the sacred cow instead of just letting it crap on the floor. Globalism is responsible for a lot of this.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

this should have gone in the "Fixing America" thread. Right under my ideas regarding elimination of redundant departments and cutting of the federal budget. :nod: :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

As for the nuclear energy, I'm with Ibanez. I don't see any real movement from the left on this, they are still virulently opposed to nuclear power just because they've always been opposed. Chernobyl!! Fukashima!!! That's all they know, and that's all they care to know. Anti-nuke lefties are the left's equivalents of the right's climate change deniers. Both don't know what they're talking about but they'll loudly defend their right to be ignorant of the facts.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:36 am The solutions to some of our problems are as obvious as the fake tan on Trumps face.

As for the nuclear energy, I'm with Ibanez. I don't see any real movement from the left on this, they are still virulently opposed to nuclear power just because they've always been opposed. Chernobyl!! Fukashima!!! That's all they know, and that's all they care to know. Anti-nuke lefties are the left's equivalents of the right's climate change deniers. Both don't know what they're talking about but they'll loudly defend their right to be ignorant of the facts.
The anti-nuke left is as sheepish as the MAGA right. There are already voices on the left talking about the green benefits to nuke power. There were a couple pragmatists in the most recent Dem primary. As soon as they have someone from their own camp telling them how to think, the lefties will come around.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:00 am

Howard Johnson is right! They look at those instances, and others, and don't do any basic investigation as to its causes. You'll actually find that a failure in nuclear technology isn't the most common denominator.

Chernobyl - Failure caused by Soviet safety culture, critical design flaws and operator error. The failure after the safety test had NO response procedure in the operating guidelines of the facility. The safety test and procedures were inadequate
Fukashima - Failure caused by earthquake and tsunami. The reactor shut itself down correctly but the surrounding power grid was crippled and attributed to the disaster. The nuclear disaster was caused by nature.

And just for fun -

3-Mile Island - Failure due to non-nuclear system.

Coal, Natural Gas and Oil production kills more people than nuclear energy. They also pollute the environment more than nuclear energy.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:29 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:00 am

Howard Johnson is right! They look at those instances, and others, and don't do any basic investigation as to its causes. You'll actually find that a failure in nuclear technology isn't the most common denominator.

Chernobyl - Failure caused by Soviet safety culture, critical design flaws and operator error. The failure after the safety test had NO response procedure in the operating guidelines of the facility. The safety test and procedures were inadequate
Fukashima - Failure caused by earthquake and tsunami. The reactor shut itself down correctly but the surrounding power grid was crippled and attributed to the disaster. The nuclear disaster was caused by nature.

And just for fun -

3-Mile Island - Failure due to non-nuclear system.

Coal, Natural Gas and Oil production kills more people than nuclear energy. They also pollute the environment more than nuclear energy.
Harrumpfh!!!
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:55 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:18 pm
I’ll either:
-Read to the end of the thread before responding
-Respond and then continue reading to the end of the thread.

So I’m rarely missing any posts in a thread I post on, except for the ones from JSO and Densedawg that I skip over.
I'm already wasting time on a message board but I don't have that much time to waste. :lol:
I probably spend less time on here than you lol. The only sections I read most threads are Politcs and FCS. The others its just a fraction of them, and often not whole threads.

On the Politics, on the threads I do read & post on, to add to the skipping of JSO’s TL/DR posts & Densdawgs, also Clenzy JSOesque TL/DR posts, and when Kalm quotes several pages from an article.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Hey, if they keep at that pace should be done by 2070!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:46 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:55 am
I probably spend less time on here than you lol. The only sections I read most threads are Politcs and FCS. The others its just a fraction of them, and often not whole threads.

On the Politics, on the threads I do read & post on, to add to the skipping of JSO’s TL/DR posts & Densdawgs, also Clenzy JSOesque TL/DR posts, and when Kalm quotes several pages from an article.
I skip everything JSO posts. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:26 pm
Hey, if they keep at that pace should be done by 2070!
:lol: :lol: Love the positive outlook. Keep it up. :thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Now 7.5%. Way to go Brandon..
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Bidenflation and Shortage thread

Post by CID1990 »

CNN repackages it but Biden is still essentially sticking to the “transitory” spin

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/10/politics ... index.html

if the rate drops below 7.5% by the end of 2022 then the White House and JSO will tell us Biden was right

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

lol. Transitory my ass.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Meanwhile Brandon is talking about carrying around dead dogs. Nero fiddles while Rome burns..
The producer price index, which measures wholesale prices, rose 1% in January and 9.7% for the 12-month period, the latter just off the record high.

Core PPI rose 0.9%. Both increases were at least double the Wall Street estimates.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/15/produce ... 2022-.html
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:14 pm lol. Transitory my ass.

I mean, inflation isn't permanent. Eventually it'll drop. Time frames are all relative, I guess. Transitory in the sense that we'll be out of it within 6 months or 6 years? :lol: Maybe those sort of mental gymnastics were in mind when they started using "Transitory".
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

We’ve had raging inflation and zero % interest rates for a year now. One of the best ways to tame inflation is to raise interest rates. Yet the fed hasn’t raised them 1 iota. WTF are they waiting for?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:21 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:14 pm lol. Transitory my ass.

I mean, inflation isn't permanent. Eventually it'll drop. Time frames are all relative, I guess. Transitory in the sense that we'll be out of it within 6 months or 6 years? :lol: Maybe those sort of mental gymnastics were in mind when they started using "Transitory".
?? Why does it need to drop? I thought every time you go to an old person's birthday party and they do one of those things were they go over the cost of milk, a house, and other things from 50 years ago, I never recall them being cheaper now than they were then. Prices aren't going to come back down, the horse is out of the barn on that. Biden doesn't need to worry about it, to him at his age it is transitory, he doesn't need to worry about 5 years or 10 years in the future. Unless inflation carries over to the afterlife.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:03 pm

?? Biden doesn't need to worry about it, to him at his age it is transitory, he doesn't need to worry about 5 years or 10 years in the future. Unless inflation carries over to the afterlife.
Yes, Ganny… there is inflation in hell!
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:03 pm

?? Why does it need to drop? I thought every time you go to an old person's birthday party and they do one of those things were they go over the cost of milk, a house, and other things from 50 years ago, I never recall them being cheaper now than they were then. Prices aren't going to come back down, the horse is out of the barn on that. Biden doesn't need to worry about it, to him at his age it is transitory, he doesn't need to worry about 5 years or 10 years in the future. Unless inflation carries over to the afterlife.
Disinflation does happen. Inflation does eventually correct itself. You can look at any chart and see the rate of inflation goes up and down. That's the transitory nature, IMO, that Biden is referring to. So he isn't really wrong...but he isn't being accurate b/c as you pointed out, prices increase over the years. He's using one measurement over another to give warm fuzzies . :lol: :twocents:

Maybe I don't fully understand inflation, deflation and disinflation but I can read a chart and see that rate of inflation is the highest it's been since the 80s.
https://tradingeconomics.com/united-sta ... lation-cpi