Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Bidenflation and Shortage thread

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:03 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:34 pm

Equally entertaining is seeing them now viewed as paragons of virtue by free market folks. Also, in a healthy system, the will of the people would take precedence over big pharma and coal.
In a healthy system politicians would:
  • Not jam bills full of unrelated goodies.
  • Finish bills before they asked people and the media to support them.
  • Be honest about the costs associated with bills.
  • Actually read bills before they voted on them.
  • Follow/require a balanced budget.
The people of West Virginia care about coal because of its major impact on their livelihoods. Pseudo-progressives flippantly respond that they can get training for new jobs because pseudo-progressives don't care about rural blue-collar Americans, especially those in energy related jobs.
True. So play by the rules while the corporatists don’t?

The people of WV also like a number of progressive things. Or are they all pseudo progressives too?
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:44 pm Looks like Sinema is going to cut a deal.

Guess she saw the primary writing on the wall.

Get ready for the inflationocalypse
They're not going to stop even if she supports the full 3.5 billion. Go down in a blaze of glory rather than meekly losing in the primary after capitulating.
These people really have no concern for anything other than staying in office.

Spending money we don’t have and mortgaging the next generation’s future and the fiscal health of the country is nothing to them because its all about the “right now” of political power.

This is how you get that lurch to the right that we’re seeing not just here but in Europe also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:44 pm Looks like Sinema is going to cut a deal.

Guess she saw the primary writing on the wall.

Get ready for the inflationocalypse

There aren’t enough illegals in Arizona to beat her in a Donk primary.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:56 pm
93henfan wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:37 am

It depends on how many they've lost. If you can find a Bobby Clarke, as I call them, that's worth a nice $5 tip.

Is that Dave Schultz on the left? Looks like Mr. Larson from Happy Gilmore.
Honestly not sure if that's The Hammer or Bernie Parent. Both had the dark hair and stache in '74. Will defer to 89. I'm leaning Parent.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:06 pm 6.8%- 40 year high.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/10/consume ... -2021.html
Eh, it's just transitory. :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Well if the 4.5 trillion Build Back Broke passes, look for inflation to hit double digits..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:03 pm Well if the 4.5 trillion Build Back Broke passes, look for inflation to hit double digits..
I don't see President Manchin letting that happen. :mrgreen:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:42 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:03 pm Well if the 4.5 trillion Build Back Broke passes, look for inflation to hit double digits..
President Manchin? We have a functioning adult in charge again? It's been almost 5 years. :clap:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:48 pm

President Manchin? We have a functioning adult in charge again? It's been almost 5 years. :clap:
:lol: He seems to be in charge, at the moment..
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:17 pm Honestly not sure if that's The Hammer or Bernie Parent. Both had the dark hair and stache in '74. Will defer to 89. I'm leaning Parent.
Yeah, I'd say Bernie. Shoulder pads way too big for a skater in 74-75. They did both rock the big stache.

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:37 am
93henfan wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:17 pm Honestly not sure if that's The Hammer or Bernie Parent. Both had the dark hair and stache in '74. Will defer to 89. I'm leaning Parent.
Yeah, I'd say Bernie. Shoulder pads way too big for a skater in 74-75. They did both rock the big stache.

Yup, def Parent. The pic I posted was reversed. You can see them on the correct sides of the cup here:
phpBB [video]
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Yay!!!! Go plutocrats!!!!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:47 am

Just like Bernie, Warren and an up and coming AOChe. They're all corrupt, some are just more honest about it.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:11 am

Just like Bernie, Warren and an up and coming AOChe. They're all corrupt, some are just more honest about it.
I wouldn't confuse honesty with being indifferent on getting caught as there are next to no consequences.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:25 am

I wouldn't confuse honesty with being indifferent on getting caught as there are next to no consequences.
Open?
Less hypocritical?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Yes! They progtards armrest so corrupt they’re supporting social programs that benefit the middle class and which most other developed countries already enjoy!

The bastards!!!!

:lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:11 am Image

Yes! They progtards armrest so corrupt they’re supporting social programs that benefit the middle class and which most other developed countries already enjoy!

The bastards!!!!

And they have no clue about the math of it all

Oy vey the math!

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:53 am
kalm wrote:

The bastards!!!!

Oy vey the math!
Some of them understand the math but don't care. They'll be dead when the bill really comes due and they can bask in the adulation of their ignorant followers until then. They're very Trumpian in that regard.

Kalm, the corruption isn't about which programs they support, it's about them using their positions to fill their bank accounts.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:28 am
CID1990 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:53 am

Oy vey the math!
Some of them understand the math but don't care. They'll be dead when the bill really comes due and they can bask in the adulation of their ignorant followers until then. They're very Trumpian in that regard.

Kalm, the corruption isn't about which programs they support, it's about them using their positions to fill their bank accounts.
And take vacations to Hawaii.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:06 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:28 am

And engage in the stock market with insider knowledge.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:37 pm
Winterborn wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:06 pm

Speaking of insider trading. Have you seen the Business Insider series of articles they are coming out with?
The nation is unabashedly polarized. Republicans and Democrats enjoy little goodwill and less commonality.

But in Washington, DC, a bipartisan phenomenon is thriving. Numerous members of Congress, both liberal and conservative, are united in their demonstrated indifference toward a law designed to quash corruption and curb conflicts-of-interest.

Insider's new investigative reporting project, "Conflicted Congress," chronicles the myriad ways members of the US House and Senate have eviscerated their own ethical standards, avoided consequences, and blinded Americans to the many moments when lawmakers' personal finances clash with their public duties.

In all, Insider spent hundreds of hours over five months reviewing nearly 9,000 financial-disclosure reports for every sitting lawmaker and their top-ranking staffers. Reporters conducted hundreds of interviews, including those with some of the nation's most powerful leaders.

Beginning December 13 and running one week, Insider is publishing more than two-dozen articles and data visualizations that reveal:

49 members of Congress and 182 senior-level congressional staffers who have violated a federal conflicts-of-interest law.
Nearly 75 federal lawmakers who held stocks in COVID-19 vaccine makers Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, or Pfizer in 2020, with many of them buying or selling these stocks in the early weeks of the pandemic.
15 lawmakers tasked with shaping US defense policy that actively invest in military contractors.
More than a dozen environmentally-minded Democrats who invest in fossil fuel companies or other corporations with concerning environmental track records.
Members who regularly chide "the media" but personally pour their money into at least one of the nation's largest news media or social media companies, including Facebook, Twitter, Comcast, Disney, and the New York Times Co.
16 lawmakers who buy and hold tobacco company stock, including some who have publicly fought smoking.
Senators, House members, and top Capitol Hill staffers who will help decide whether the government regulates cryptocurrency — and are themselves invested in bitcoin and altcoins.
25 wealthiest members of Congress and where they put their money.
50 most popular stock holdings among members of Congress.
https://www.businessinsider.com/conflic ... ng-2021-12

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:09 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:37 pm

Speaking of insider trading. Have you seen the Business Insider series of articles they are coming out with?
The nation is unabashedly polarized. Republicans and Democrats enjoy little goodwill and less commonality.

But in Washington, DC, a bipartisan phenomenon is thriving. Numerous members of Congress, both liberal and conservative, are united in their demonstrated indifference toward a law designed to quash corruption and curb conflicts-of-interest.

Insider's new investigative reporting project, "Conflicted Congress," chronicles the myriad ways members of the US House and Senate have eviscerated their own ethical standards, avoided consequences, and blinded Americans to the many moments when lawmakers' personal finances clash with their public duties.

In all, Insider spent hundreds of hours over five months reviewing nearly 9,000 financial-disclosure reports for every sitting lawmaker and their top-ranking staffers. Reporters conducted hundreds of interviews, including those with some of the nation's most powerful leaders.

Beginning December 13 and running one week, Insider is publishing more than two-dozen articles and data visualizations that reveal:

49 members of Congress and 182 senior-level congressional staffers who have violated a federal conflicts-of-interest law.
Nearly 75 federal lawmakers who held stocks in COVID-19 vaccine makers Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, or Pfizer in 2020, with many of them buying or selling these stocks in the early weeks of the pandemic.
15 lawmakers tasked with shaping US defense policy that actively invest in military contractors.
More than a dozen environmentally-minded Democrats who invest in fossil fuel companies or other corporations with concerning environmental track records.
Members who regularly chide "the media" but personally pour their money into at least one of the nation's largest news media or social media companies, including Facebook, Twitter, Comcast, Disney, and the New York Times Co.
16 lawmakers who buy and hold tobacco company stock, including some who have publicly fought smoking.
Senators, House members, and top Capitol Hill staffers who will help decide whether the government regulates cryptocurrency — and are themselves invested in bitcoin and altcoins.
25 wealthiest members of Congress and where they put their money.
50 most popular stock holdings among members of Congress.
Yup. I posted the first day in the stock thread ( I think.).

I wonder if anyone looks at Pelosi's financial disclosures and uses that as a basis for their trades. If it's good enough for a crook like Nancy, then it's good enough for us plebes.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:45 pm
Winterborn wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:09 pm

I wonder if anyone looks at Pelosi's financial disclosures and uses that as a basis for their trades. If it's good enough for a crook like Nancy, then it's good enough for us plebes.
Missed it then. :ohno:

A coworker and my myself were having that conversation just yesterday. I think it would be worth looking into at least on the high level side.

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:04 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:45 pm

Missed it then. :ohno:

A coworker and my myself were having that conversation just yesterday. I think it would be worth looking into at least on the high level side.
There was a Twitter account called Pelosi Portfolio Tracker that highlighted Pelosi's trades and activities. Surprisingly Twitter shut it down. :roll:

And then there's this
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire