Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Debt Limit

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:37 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:28 pm

In that regard, she'd hardly any better than anyone we've seen in the last 4 years. Talk about evasion. They were outright hostile. :twocents:

I think you nailed it though, there's a difference between straight up lying vs providing cover for the president.
She couldn’t hold Macinerney’s Jock.
Bingo.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:49 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:37 pm

She couldn’t hold Macinerney’s Jock.
I try not to watch the daily meeting, but my one question would be, Did the media treat Macinerney as aggressively as they went after Trump? If they did, are they pulling the same stunt with Psaki?

My inclination is to believe the press was much worse in the way they treated Macinerney.
Its painfully obvious..
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:34 am

In that regard, she'd hardly any better than anyone we've seen in the last 4 years. Talk about evasion. They were outright hostile. :twocents:

I think you nailed it though, there's a difference between straight up lying vs providing cover for the president.
Yeah, because the Trump press secretary faced a completely hostile media who hated Trump, sans maybe 2 reporters (Fox and Newsmax).

Little Red Lying Hood faces a mostly friendly press choir content with covering up for the Biden admin sans Peter Doocy. Notice how almost all the tough questions come from Doocy and occasionally they’ll call on the chick from Newsmax in the back of the room. Everything else is mostly softballs. The only credit I’ll give is at least they’ll call on Doocy a lot.
It doesn't matter, that's the point you and others seem to not understand.

You seem to think it's ok to deceive b/c the media is being mean. :roll: :roll:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

andy7171 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:30 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:00 am
They were attacked from the beginning with the whole Fake News bullshit so...
With the whole Sussman indictment, is the fake news really still BS?
The Fake News BS was b/c they were mean and un-flattering to Trump.

Trump could be on Video saying, " I love eating waffles", CNN would run a story how he eats waffles and Trump would say it's fake news b/c it either made him sound bad or didn't say they were Trump Waffles with Trump Butter and Trump Syrup.

In the end - you're rationalizing someone's deception. I'm not saying Jen is any better ( I honestly don't watch these press conferences, i'd rather argue with you lovable assholes :kisswink: ) but let's not pretend that her lying is worst b/c the media was anti-Trump. That's just ridiculous.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:28 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:07 am

I'm going to guess that the Media isn't aggressive with the White House...mostly because the White House isn't aggressive with them. Jen wasn't up there calling the media liars and "enemy of the people" from the day 1. :twocents: That's not to say the media in general doesn't skew left - it certainly does. But open hostility from the press secretary and POTUS from Day 1 doesn't really endear the press corps to you.

Also didn't help that the very first press briefing of the Trump administration began with such a bold face lie - why lie about something so insignificant and easily disproved? I never understood why people do that.
I don't recall any douchebags as big as Acosta asking questions of Psaki? Besides, reporters are supposed to not only be adults, but objective. You telling me they got their feelz hurt by getting called out, so it was okay to act childish in return?
JMU grad :ohno:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:45 am

Trump could be on Video saying, " I love eating waffles", CNN would run a story how he eats waffles and Trump would say it's fake news b/c it either made him sound bad or didn't say they were Trump Waffles with Trump Butter and Trump Syrup.

In the end - you're rationalizing someone's deception. I'm not saying Jen is any better ( I honestly don't watch these press conferences, i'd rather argue with you lovable assholes :kisswink: ) but let's not pretend that her lying is worst b/c the media was anti-Trump. That's just ridiculous.
Yet you’re going to sit here argueing Little Red Lying Hood isn’t worse, when you admit you don’t even watch or listen to the press conferences. Da fuq? :suspicious: :dunce: I figured for all the arguement you’re putting up, with around a doz posts since yeaterday saying Commiesaki is no worse, that you at least watched the press conferences under Trump & Biden..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:34 am

Yeah, because the Trump press secretary faced a completely hostile media who hated Trump, sans maybe 2 reporters (Fox and Newsmax).

Little Red Lying Hood faces a mostly friendly press choir content with covering up for the Biden admin sans Peter Doocy. Notice how almost all the tough questions come from Doocy and occasionally they’ll call on the chick from Newsmax in the back of the room. Everything else is mostly softballs. The only credit I’ll give is at least they’ll call on Doocy a lot.
A big part of the reason the media was hostile to Trump is because he was hostile to them. With Trump you're either with him or you're against him and the media definitely wasn't going to be with him so he created an us vs. them mentality and rallied his MAGAts against the press. Trump was at least 50% responsible for the hostility and now his Karens want to complain?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

I'm not saying either one is worse than the other. But its obvious as to why they are getting treated differently. I'm just pointing out that you are bending over backwards to excuse Ptaki for doing a shitty job.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:01 am

Yet you’re going to sit here argueing Little Red Lying Hood isn’t worse, when you admit you don’t even watch or listen to the press conferences. Da fuq? :suspicious: :dunce: I figured for all the arguement you’re putting up, with around a doz posts since yeaterday saying Commiesaki is no worse, that you at least watched the press conferences under Trump & Biden..
I'm arguing that the lying isn't really a big deal since you didn't give 2 shits about the lies coming from Trumps Press Secretaries....or did you. SOmething tells me you didn't care that they lied b/c they "owned the libs."
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

andy7171 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:28 am

I'm not saying either one is worse than the other. But its obvious as to why they are getting treated differently. I'm just pointing out that you are bending over backwards to excuse Ptaki for doing a shitty job.
I didn't mean to give that appearance - If she's lying then she should be called out. I'm just saying don't get in a tizzy over her lying if you didn't care enough that others in her position have done the same.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

The Press briefings are FAR more professional and honest now than they were during the Trump administration. It's not close.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:19 am Yeah - anyone trying to say the Democrats have no part in this is on another friggin planet. Some choad acquaintance of a friend of mine tried to tell me how our spending has zero relation to our debt or borrowing behavior.
This is the stupidest fucking thing I've heard...and yet I completely believe there are millions of people out there with this mindset.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:00 am
They were attacked from the beginning with the whole Fake News bullshit so...
Nope.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:20 pm The Press briefings are FAR more professional and honest now than they were during the Trump administration. It's not close.
:lol: :dunce:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:31 pm
Nope.
A rational person should be skeptical of the information they receive, whether it comes from the MSM or from Trump and his acolytes. Some sheep believe whatever the press tells them and other sheep believe whatever Trump tells them.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:37 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:31 pm

Nope.
A rational person should be skeptical of the information they receive, whether it comes from the MSM or from Trump and his acolytes. Some sheep believe whatever the press tells them and other sheep believe whatever Trump tells them.
Correct, makes it harder when the "fact checkers" are trying to impose their own agenda as well.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:25 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:19 am Yeah - anyone trying to say the Democrats have no part in this is on another friggin planet. Some choad acquaintance of a friend of mine tried to tell me how our spending has zero relation to our debt or borrowing behavior.
This is the stupidest fucking thing I've heard...and yet I completely believe there are millions of people out there with this mindset.
The same millions who believe the money the government spends is the governments money.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:06 am Interesting you should bring this up. I was just talking about the press secretary with a coworker the other day. Believe it or not, I didn't bash Psaki, but said that is one incredibly difficult job and hoped she was making a mint.

It's got to be extremely tough to answer all questions and not screw someone in the administration over. A big reason why there are so many non answers during the briefings.

And for the record, Trump was highly accessible AND answered all questions without a need to prescreen questions. Didn't need a skirt to hide behind. I realize this is a different topic, but pertains to the press getting answers.

Don't be angry you sold America out with your vote for Grampa Badfinger. :lol: :kisswink:
It's an incredibly difficult job. Press Secretary is the public face of the administration. I don't like the pre-screened questions any more than you do and we can debate that. My initial post was about the hypocrisy of calling this one a liar...as if those that came before her weren't. :lol:

POTUS' should be questioned regularly, like a Prime Ministers Questions. :twocents:
Jen Psaki has had a fraught relationship with facts and truth since her days in PAS at State when she was a shill for Kerry.

She’s no different from the cavalcade of spox who rotated through the WH during thd Trump era. And you may or may not have noticed, but she attacks journalists in very similar ways. Except in this case, she has only one target - Doocy with FOX. The Trump spox had to spread the disdain between about 5-6 networks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

So, someone gonna tell him 48<52?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:33 pm So, someone gonna tell him 48<52?

Better not ask him what 1/3 of 21 is. 8-)
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:So, someone gonna tell him 48<52?

Yeah people like this old Marxist would be great being in charge

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Common core math.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:08 pm
Ibanez wrote: It's an incredibly difficult job. Press Secretary is the public face of the administration. I don't like the pre-screened questions any more than you do and we can debate that. My initial post was about the hypocrisy of calling this one a liar...as if those that came before her weren't. :lol:

POTUS' should be questioned regularly, like a Prime Ministers Questions. :twocents:
Jen Psaki has had a fraught relationship with facts and truth since her days in PAS at State when she was a shill for Kerry.

She’s no different from the cavalcade of spox who rotated through the WH during thd Trump era. And you may or may not have noticed, but she attacks journalists in very similar ways. Except in this case, she has only one target - Doocy with FOX. The Trump spox had to spread the disdain between about 5-6 networks.

And I bet Fox is butthurt over that...

Seriously - the Golden Rule would solve/prevent so many problems in our world but I realize that isn't realistic.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:15 am

Better not ask him what 1/3 of 21 is. 8-)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:04 am
CID1990 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:08 pm

And I bet Fox is butthurt over that...

Seriously - the Golden Rule would solve/prevent so many problems in our world but I realize that isn't realistic.
Are you kidding? Setting her up is like shooting fish in a barrel for Doocy. It’s hilarious to watch.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12