Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Biden's Next Fall

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:58 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:25 am
Except you already did.
Once. At the time, it was the right choice. I'm never voting for Trump nor have I ever so that's out of the question. Given the disaster that the Biden administration has been, particularly with the economy, there's no way I'm voting for him again. Through in the obvious mental decline and I'm not sure how anyone can vote for him and want him to be there for four more years. I doubt the Dems will cast him aside as their bench of hopefuls is significantly weaker than the GOP's side, but hopefully something happens with Trump and we don't see him again.
For a guy thats pretty sure about most things I'm surprised you aren't more sure about this because the reason is exactly the same one as 2020 - he isn't Donald Trump. If the Republicans really want the White House, and I'm not convinced that they want to inherit the mess they're working so hard to create, they'll nominate someone other than Trump regardless of the wishes of the primary voters. Biden loses to anyone except Trump. Sack up time for the Republicunts because even if Trump loses he will still own their party. Do not cut off the tail of the snake, you must cut off the head of the snake
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:25 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:58 am

Once. At the time, it was the right choice. I'm never voting for Trump nor have I ever so that's out of the question. Given the disaster that the Biden administration has been, particularly with the economy, there's no way I'm voting for him again. Through in the obvious mental decline and I'm not sure how anyone can vote for him and want him to be there for four more years. I doubt the Dems will cast him aside as their bench of hopefuls is significantly weaker than the GOP's side, but hopefully something happens with Trump and we don't see him again.
For a guy thats pretty sure about most things I'm surprised you aren't more sure about this because the reason is exactly the same one as 2020 - he isn't Donald Trump. If the Republicans really want the White House, and I'm not convinced that they want to inherit the mess they're working so hard to create, they'll nominate someone other than Trump regardless of the wishes of the primary voters. Biden loses to anyone except Trump. Sack up time for the Republicunts because even if Trump loses he will still own their party. Do not cut off the tail of the snake, you must cut off the head of the snake
No doubt people will vote for Biden just because he's not Donald Trump. I certainly understand that. But I also understand that people are basically voting for a man in Biden who has pretty much aged to the point where he's literally not even doing the job today - he's a puppet that's trotted out in front of the cameras. Other folks are making the decisions and running the administration. Very similar to Wilson in the last year of his Presidency, except we're talking multiple years here and even running for four more years. It's a weird thing to assent to that we have an Executive who's literally not even performing his job anymore.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:53 am
houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:25 am

No doubt people will vote for Biden just because he's not Donald Trump. I certainly understand that. But I also understand that people are basically voting for a man in Biden who has pretty much aged to the point where he's literally not even doing the job today - he's a puppet that's trotted out in front of the cameras. Other folks are making the decisions and running the administration. Very similar to Wilson in the last year of his Presidency, except we're talking multiple years here and even running for four more years. It's a weird thing to assent to that we have an Executive who's literally not even performing his job anymore.
yeah, all that shit - but that doesn't matter if the opponent is Donald Trump - who is no spring chicken himself and according to some people is suffering from tertiary syphilis :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:53 pm
GannonFan wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:53 am

yeah, all that shit - but that doesn't matter if the opponent is Donald Trump - who is no spring chicken himself and according to some people is suffering from tertiary syphilis :coffee:
Hence why I don't want either guy to run - they're both too old and really poor candidates. But the lure of power does funny things to people. :ohno:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
GannonFan wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:53 am No doubt people will vote for Biden just because he's not Donald Trump. I certainly understand that. But I also understand that people are basically voting for a man in Biden who has pretty much aged to the point where he's literally not even doing the job today - he's a puppet that's trotted out in front of the cameras. Other folks are making the decisions and running the administration. Very similar to Wilson in the last year of his Presidency, except we're talking multiple years here and even running for four more years. It's a weird thing to assent to that we have an Executive who's literally not even performing his job anymore.
According to some people - so are you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:42 am
houndawg wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:53 pm

Hence why I don't want either guy to run - they're both too old and really poor candidates. But the lure of power does funny things to people. :ohno:
I'd be fine with neither of them in the race too.

The DNC and the RNC are private organizations and not obligated to nominate the winner of the primary. Might be the only way for the boys in the back room to have a chance at breaking Trump's stranglehold on their party
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm
GannonFan wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:42 am

The DNC and the RNC are private organizations and not obligated to nominate the winner of the primary. Might be the only way for the boys in the back room to have a chance at breaking Trump's stranglehold on their party
That would be a surefire election loss for whichever party did that. You can run a months-long primary, and then get to the convention and say "nah, we don't agree with all of you who voted, we're picking the other guy/gal". Voters don't like being told they don't matter.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:54 am
houndawg wrote:
According to some people - so are you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
but those ones aren't doctors :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:58 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:55 pm

That would be a surefire election loss for whichever party did that. You can run a months-long primary, and then get to the convention and say "nah, we don't agree with all of you who voted, we're picking the other guy/gal". Voters don't like being told they don't matter.
As Hillary Clinton found out the hard way.

But if its a choice of that or forever cede control of the the Party you've been running to Trump, you never know what somebody will do when their back is to the wall. Not saying its going to happen but you know that they know that the only one who can't beat Biden is Trump - so they're looking at lose/lose anyway
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:05 pm
GannonFan wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:58 pm

As Hillary Clinton found out the hard way.

But if its a choice of that or forever cede control of the the Party you've been running to Trump, you never know what somebody will do when their back is to the wall. Not saying its going to happen but you know that they know that the only one who can't beat Biden is Trump - so they're looking at lose/lose anyway
Trump isn't going to live forever. Heck, he may not make it to this primary. There's a very short window to Trump's control of the GOP.