Political discussions
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

The Official Trump 2024 Electability Thread

Post by 93henfan »

1. Is Trump electable in 2024?

I submit that he's not. So then the next question is:

2. How do you keep him off the ticket without a GOP schism?

2a. Can anyone talk any sense into him to get him to step aside peacefully and bring his bat-shit crazies to support another GOP candidate?
2b. Chances of him not getting the GOP nomination and starting an independent bid?

He seems to be the Democrats' best hope for 2024. I continue to be amazed at how neither major party has the gonads to have somebody step in as a voice of reason. Is our country just doomed? Should I start taking Chinese lessons? Should I burn all my savings on hookers and blow while we still have a little bit of fun time left?

Discuss.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: The Official Trump 2024 Electability Thread

Post by BDKJMU »

If its vs an 82 yr old Biden or Commiela, he’s absolutely electable. Vs decent candidate donk, probably no.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Did you forget your poll 93?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

If there is a God, he'll direct DeSantis to talk Trump out of running so we can put adults back in charge again.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I didn’t think he was electable in 2016 so what do I know

I really think he’s too old. And I think he has people in his ear about just playing kingmaker. I hope they are successful

If they are not, and he runs- I think I know what a successful primary debate tactic would be for a DeSantis or a Haley... just ignore him on stage... be substantive, don’t get roped into small dick taunting, and hammer him on his last two months in office... make him look unstable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Last two posts give me hope. Thank you.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

93henfan wrote:Last two posts give me hope. Thank you.
Here’s another glimmer -

There were a bunch of GOP voters who fell into the “yes but his policies” camp. They were substantial in both the primary and the general.

A GOP candidate with executive experience (like Haley or DeSantis) who isn’t an unhinged bomb-thrower (Also Haley and DeSantis and even Rubio and the governor of SD) is going to be able to peel those voters away in totalis.

The GOP has a very dynamic, credible bench. I think they can send Trump to pasture if they play their cards right. And any one of them will curb stomp the inevitable intersectional woke klam-endorsed candidate from the DNC.

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:05 pm If its vs an 82 yr old Biden or Commiela, he’s absolutely electable. Vs decent candidate donk, probably no.
I don't think Biden will run for re-election. He doesn't have that Trump ego. He will listen to the whispers in his ear... "Joe, you're too old. Go hang out at your beach house and enjoy your few remaining years."

That leaves Carmelo, and she would be able to quickly use her race and sex to rally the wokes against Trump. She can blame everything that has gone wrong on Biden and distance herself from this disaster of a presidency somewhat.

I think Haley would be her kryptonite. In fact, I think Haley is the smartest move the GOP could make. She would curb-stomp Carmelo. Every advantage Carmelo has demographically is nullified by Haley.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:06 pm Did you forget your poll 93?
I wanted people to stop and say something rather than click a button and move on. Sorry!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:49 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:05 pm If its vs an 82 yr old Biden or Commiela, he’s absolutely electable. Vs decent candidate donk, probably no.
I don't think Biden will run for re-election. He doesn't have that Trump ego. He will listen to the whispers in his ear... "Joe, you're too old. Go hang out at your beach house and enjoy your few remaining years."

That leaves Carmelo, and she would be able to quickly use her race and sex to rally the wokes against Trump. She can blame everything that has gone wrong on Biden and distance herself from this disaster of a presidency somewhat.

I think Haley would be her kryptonite. In fact, I think Haley is the smartest move the GOP could make. She would curb-stomp Carmelo. Every advantage Carmelo has demographically is nullified by Haley.
But Commiela is even more unlikeable than Hillary. She couldn’t even get 1% in the donk primary. Can’t think on here feet, and is even a worse candidate that Demented Joe. The ONLY thing she has going for her is half Indian/half black woman.

What VP from a disasterous admin has been able to successfully blame what went wrong on the POTUS and then be elected POTUS? Mondale is a prime example of that. The ablatross of the Biden/Harris admin will be around her neck. And remember, with the border disaster, she is the border czar. How could she blame Biden for that?

And I’m still going with Biden doesn’t last the full 4 years anyway.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

93henfan wrote:

Biden had no control over his 2020 run.

He has a YUGE ego and it got played by his advisors... like that little cunt Jake Sullivan

Biden’s handlers would love nothing more than for him to run again... every day that goes by puts those little Albert Speers even more in charge

Seeing them crushed in 2024 will be very gratifying if they don’t jump ship after the bloodbath that is coming in 2022

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

I think a lot of the GOP establishment thinks their base is going through a phase and they'll he ready for Marco Rubio or Nikki Haley again in a few years. Pure wishful thinking. The average GOP voter knows Corporate America and the mega donors DGAF about illegal immigration and DGAF about cultural conservatism. As long as that tug of war is there between the base and the big money Trump has the advantage..

If the Democrats embrace Whole Foods politics instead of genuine working class politics and Karamel Harris is the donk nominee because Biden doesn't finish his first term and Donks dont think it's proper to expect a "womxn of cullah" to earn the nomination, Trump could very well win.

In short, depends on Trump's health (just needs to be healthy enough for rallies and tweeting and watching TV) and the Democrats. Don't put it past both parties to make it easier for him.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

You guys are all kidding, right? If Trump's alive he's running - he adores the rallies and attention, and his base adores him. Plus he needs the money.
Proletarians of the world, unite!
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

One factor will be the level of legal problems that Trump has as we approach 2024. If he’s besieged by lawsuits about his taxes and other stuff, he may decide to sit back and play kingmaker. There’s also the Melania factor: the Slovenian third wife might put her foot down and say no, and Trump won’t tempt fate by defying her.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Rob Iola wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:21 pm You guys are all kidding, right? If Trump's alive he's running - he adores the rallies and attention, and his base adores him. Plus he needs the money.
I think this is correct :nod:

Health issues might keep him out but I don’t think legal issues will unless he’s jailed. Even then… :lol:

Trump has a huge lead in early polls 58% with Pence in 2nd at 13 followed by DeSantis at 9. Remove Trump and Pence’s lead increases over DeSantis 32-20. I know…’something, something tits on a Bull’.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... mary-field

A quick glance at RCP favorability shows Trump leading Biden by 2 points and Harris somewhere around 10. Curiously enough, Schumer and Pelosi have noticeably higher approval ratings than McConnell and McCarthy.

The Republicans have a serious branding problem and even if Trump is relegated to king maker, the nomination will still require a fair amount of ring kissing. The party and the primary candidates need Trump’s base.

It’s obviously early and the economy and Covid can shift all of this. It’s also a once in a lifetime crisis period with potential for massive cultural not to mention demographic change. Traditional electoral analysis probably won’t apply.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:09 pm 1. Is Trump electable in 2024?

2a. Can anyone talk any sense into him to get him to step aside peacefully and bring his bat-shit crazies to support another GOP candidate?
2b. Chances of him not getting the GOP nomination and starting an independent bid?

He seems to be the Democrats' best hope for 2024. I continue to be amazed at how neither major party has the gonads to have somebody step in as a voice of reason. Is our country just doomed? Should I start taking Chinese lessons? Should I burn all my savings on hookers and blow while we still have a little bit of fun time left?

Discuss.
1. I want to say no, but I didn't think he was electable in 2016. He's got a stranglehold on the GOP base and they are willing to fight for him. He's got a strong hold on people.

2. I think you convince him (play to his ego) that he can be a kingmaker. Unfortunately...you'll get a Trump lackey and not someone that can think independently. CID has the right idea, have Haley and anybody other than DeSantis on the debate stage and ignore him / never say his name. Make them stand on their own feet.

2a - Doubt it. I don't think he's surrounded by anyone that thinks outside the "Donald Trump" box.
2b - 50/50

Our country is doomed - spend it all on H&B and go out with a bang.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Agree on Haley vs. Harris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

I said it for 2020 - Haley would've been a great candidate. To your point, she's a great counter to Harris. She's got the Executive and Foreign Policy experience in the bag. A few years at the UN is nothing to sneeze at. She's also got something that not too many other Republicans have - cross party appeal. I can't tell you have many left leaning people I know that have openly said they'd vote for Haley - and some of those lefty's didn't live in SC when she was Governor. Haley is the best move the GOP could make. I'd vote her in a heart beat. :twocents:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:13 am One factor will be the level of legal problems that Trump has as we approach 2024. If he’s besieged by lawsuits about his taxes and other stuff, he may decide to sit back and play kingmaker. There’s also the Melania factor: the Slovenian third wife might put her foot down and say no, and Trump won’t tempt fate by defying her.
Why wouldn't he tempt the Slovenian fate?
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

So much fail.

:ohno:
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

andy7171 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:39 am
So much fail.

:ohno:
Shrek!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:26 am
93henfan wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:09 pm 1. Is Trump electable in 2024?

Discuss.
1. I want to say no, but I didn't think he was electable in 2016. He's got a stranglehold on the GOP base and they are willing to fight for him. He's got a strong hold on people.

2. I think you convince him (play to his ego) that he can be a kingmaker. Unfortunately...you'll get a Trump lackey and not someone that can think independently. CID has the right idea, have Haley and anybody other than DeSantis on the debate stage and ignore him / never say his name. Make them stand on their own feet.

2a - Doubt it. I don't think he's surrounded by anyone that thinks outside the "Donald Trump" box.
2b - 50/50

I don't understand that statement. Are you suggesting DeSantis is NOT a viable candidate? Or that he is too much of a Trumpite to ignore him?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:13 am

2b - 50/50

I don't understand that statement. Are you suggesting DeSantis is NOT a viable candidate? Or that he is too much of a Trumpite to ignore him?
He's too much of a Trumpite. He's already a divisive person and I know the GOP loves that...but that could harm them in 2024. 2024 should be played smartly and safely.

I don't believe Haley has the divisive history that DeSantis has nor, IMO, is she perceived to be a Trump lackey. Haley left with her integrity intact, she worked will for the Trump administration and she can use that to her credit.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

DeSantis is divisive. Republicans can keep going with the Trumpian "fuck your feelings" mantra, but I see that as political crack.

If, for just once again, conservatives could be compassionate again, it could really go a long way.

Edit: OK, I see Sticky and I basically posted the same thing at the same time. It's valid.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:13 am

2b - 50/50

DeSantis is the Harris of the right. Partisan hack politician who’s only likeable to the base. He’s also in a state that approved a $15 minimum wage. The times they are a changing’