Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Re: Texan Border Action

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:41 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:24 am

I’m just providing you with some real world observations

I’ll let you classify left right
What other real world observations have you made about labor? Or is that it?
Labor is hard and I respect and will pay people well that will still provide it, labor is becoming a hot commodity

I labored for years when I was young with no regrets, just don’t ask me to provide any now
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:44 am
Yes, a POTUS can’t close the border, but he can do things like try limit catch and release, and reinstate ‘Remain In Mexico’ for so called asylum seekers.

Remember in 2019 Trump tried to end catch and release for OTM family units caught at the border? Due to the Flores Consent Decree
https://www.justsecurity.org/61144/flor ... hdraws-it/
The govt can’t detain illegal minors longer than 3 weeks. Since they can’t process the illegal parents that quick, the children were getting separated from the parents. Makes sense- you don’t let people take their kids to jail with them. The left (amd some Rinicans) lost their collective shit. So it was back to catch and release for the OTM families with minors.

The Remain in Mexico as I understand it was the Trump admin saying you have to claim asylum at a POE. POEs were only processing a limited number per day, so the rest of them would have to ‘Remain In Mexico’ for long periods waiting. Also got a 1st Country agreement with Mexico:
https://bipartisanpolicy.org/blog/requi ... -crisis-2/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:17 am Another RINO defector…

Was it ‘millions?’ The below #s, which don’t include estimated gotaways, are illegal immigrant encounters at the southern border.

Trump:
2017 310,531 (2/3 of FY year)
2018 404,142
2019 859,501
2020 405,036

Biden
2021 1,162,167 (2/3 of FY year)
2022 2,214,652
2023 2,400,000+
https://www.statista.com/statistics/329 ... er-patrol/
https://homeland.house.gov/2023/10/26/f ... e%20FY2021.

Looking at historical numbers, its not that Trump was that great on the border, its that Biden has been HORRENDOUS. Going back over 30 years (amd probably going on 250) he is in a class by himself. And it was all intentional.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:28 am

Was it ‘millions?’ The below #s, which don’t include estimated gotaways, are illegal immigrant encounters at the southern border.

Trump:
2018 404,142
2019 859,501
2020 405,036

Biden
2022 2,214,652
2023 2,400,000+

Looking at historical numbers, its not that Trump was that great on the border, its that Biden has been HORRENDOUS. Going back over 30 years (amd probably going on 250) he is in a class by himself. And it was all intentional.
Yes indeed, Biden has no self awareness and never thought it would explode like this… these migrants can smell his festering weak corpse
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Well lookie there..
Majority of Texas Hispanics support building border wall, sending troops to border

….The majority of Hispanic voters, 56%, support Texas building its own border wall and repairing walls or physical barriers at its border with Mexico, according to the University of Texas/Texas Politics Project poll. By comparison, 34% oppose it.

Another 42% of Hispanic voters support Texas installing buoys and barbed wire at the Rio Grande River to block illegal entry, compared to 49% who don’t.

Overall, 65% of all Texas voters said they support Texas building its own wall and barriers compared to 28% who oppose it. And 57% support Texas installing marine buoys in the Rio Grande River compared to 36% who don’t.

Two-thirds of respondents – 66% – said they support deploying additional state police and military resources to the border, compared to 27% who oppose it.

Among them, a majority of Hispanic voters, 51%, support it.

A majority of Hispanic voters, 56%, also disapprove of President Joe Biden’s handling of immigration and border security, compared to 26% who approve….

….The top issues facing Texas voters are border security (24%), immigration (18%), political corruption (11%) and inflation (8%), according to the poll.

Hispanic voters and officials have shifted right over the years, with more officials leaving the Democratic Party to become Republicans. During the midterm elections, a poll identified three regions in Texas where Hispanic voters were leaning more Republican including in South Texas, the Rio Grande Valley, and outer suburbs of Texas’ four largest cities where minorities are disproportionately impacted by border and cartel related crime….
https://www.thecentersquare.com/texas/a ... 49b65.html
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:28 am Well lookie there..
Majority of Texas Hispanics support building border wall, sending troops to border

….The majority of Hispanic voters, 56%, support Texas building its own border wall and repairing walls or physical barriers at its border with Mexico, according to the University of Texas/Texas Politics Project poll. By comparison, 34% oppose it.

Another 42% of Hispanic voters support Texas installing buoys and barbed wire at the Rio Grande River to block illegal entry, compared to 49% who don’t.

Overall, 65% of all Texas voters said they support Texas building its own wall and barriers compared to 28% who oppose it. And 57% support Texas installing marine buoys in the Rio Grande River compared to 36% who don’t.

Two-thirds of respondents – 66% – said they support deploying additional state police and military resources to the border, compared to 27% who oppose it.

Among them, a majority of Hispanic voters, 51%, support it.

A majority of Hispanic voters, 56%, also disapprove of President Joe Biden’s handling of immigration and border security, compared to 26% who approve….

….The top issues facing Texas voters are border security (24%), immigration (18%), political corruption (11%) and inflation (8%), according to the poll.

Hispanic voters and officials have shifted right over the years, with more officials leaving the Democratic Party to become Republicans. During the midterm elections, a poll identified three regions in Texas where Hispanic voters were leaning more Republican including in South Texas, the Rio Grande Valley, and outer suburbs of Texas’ four largest cities where minorities are disproportionately impacted by border and cartel related crime….
https://www.thecentersquare.com/texas/a ... 49b65.html
This happens when they realize the total loss of common sense that has exposed the Dems as anti American

They didn’t come here for more stupidity and many are realizing that being a Dem is far from what it used to be.

And many where never part of the pathetic US education system meaning although many Latinos might be Dems on arrival, they soon realize something is just not right with Democrats today
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

Is it a good thing that the governor of Florida is spending Florida's tax revenues to send the Florida highway patrol to the Texas border? This is in addition to spending those same tax dollars to fly immigrants all over the US.

If you lived in Florida wouldn't you be mad about this while paying for the most toll roads of any state. While schools are underfunded.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

bobbythekidd wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:11 am Is it a good thing that the governor of Florida is spending Florida's tax revenues to send the Florida highway patrol to the Texas border? This is in addition to spending those same tax dollars to fly immigrants all over the US.

If you lived in Florida wouldn't you be mad about this while paying for the most toll roads of any state. While schools are underfunded.
No

I’m more upset with Joey Rotten Biden letting everything fall apart with his idiotic vindictive globalist policies
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

bobbythekidd wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:11 am Is it a good thing that the governor of Florida is spending Florida's tax revenues to send the Florida highway patrol to the Texas border? This is in addition to spending those same tax dollars to fly immigrants all over the US.

Saves FL taxpayers $$ but not having the newly arrived illegals in their state.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Supreme Court Won’t Block Texas From Arresting, Deporting Immigrants
Justices reject Biden administration’s request to prevent Texas from exercising new border enforcement power

WASHINGTON—The Supreme Court on Tuesday allowed Texas to begin arresting and deporting noncitizens on its own, rejecting an emergency appeal from the Biden administration that argued states can’t interfere with federal authority over the border.

The court declined to block a Texas law known as SB 4, which makes illegal border crossing a state crime and allows state officials to conduct arrests and deportations. The measure had been on hold as the high court weighed the federal government’s request to halt implementation during ongoing litigation. A federal district judge had enjoined the law after it was challenged by the Biden administration and immigrant-rights groups, but the Fifth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, in New Orleans, allowed SB 4 to go into effect at least for now.

The Supreme Court’s order, which split the justices along ideological lines, isn’t a final decision on the law’s constitutionality.….
https://www.wsj.com/us-news/law/supreme ... 4-f8328b6d
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:02 pm
The biden administration has completely and utterly screwed up the border and immigration policy.

There you go CH, you should be so happy I criticized biden that ...
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:19 pm
The biden administration has completely and utterly screwed up the border and immigration policy.

And the Republicans are doing everything they can to assure it remains that way - they have zero interest indealing with the problem.

If Texas wants to do things their way, let them. We'll spend their share of federal funds on the rest of the border and they can pay for the system they want. We should of course continue to urge them to secede and so we can build the wall on the Oklahoma side
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:19 pm

I’m proud of you but don’t stop yet…. So much more to expose.

Really if Trump got elected, he wouldn’t even need to do that much on the border. They were just stop coming by the millions … and he has promised to close the border on day one! Hell, even Latinos US citizens want the border closed at this point

when a democrat wins the White House, immigration always picks up because it’s like the blue light flashing at Kmart…. They can smell Joe bozos rotting weak festering corpse on the other side of the world
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:28 am

Trump:
2018 404,142
2019 859,501
2020 405,036

Biden
2022 2,214,652
2023 2,400,000+

Anything to deflect from the point, as usual.

Fact: Trump never closed the border.

We do have however a golden opportunity for Texas to show us how its done. Let Texas handle their own border at their own expense this year while the Feds handle NM, AZ, and CA.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

When you count count @catturd, Rogan, and MBS among your besties, you know you’re on the right track.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:24 am
When you count count @catturd, Rogan, and MBS among your besties, you know you’re on the right track.
Tough Talking Texas Twats. We saw the difference between their talk and their action at Uvalde.