Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Biden’s Scorecard

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:52 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:29 pm

The ironically named Biden “Derangement” Syndrome….
lol. There's a BDS among Conservatives...similar to the TDS we saw the last 4 years.

But to grade Biden...

Thought of the same thing when I saw Biden's Scorecard title.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:51 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:31 pm
They aren't alleged, lol. Are you saying Trump didn't complain about Obama playing golf and then went and played MORE golf in less time? :lol: Or that he DIDN'T say Mexico would pay for a wall...which they ended up not paying for? :lol:
Kinda of hard to pay for a wall that didn't he didn't have the chops to get built. :poke:
FYP

Trump was consistent when it came to:
- flip flopping
- taking credit
- dodging responsibility
- enflaming the base to feed his ego

:poke: ;)
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:31 pm

They aren't alleged, lol. Are you saying Trump didn't complain about Obama playing golf and then went and played MORE golf in less time? :lol: Or that he DIDN'T say Mexico would pay for a wall...which they ended up not paying for? :lol:
Kinda of hard to pay for a wall that didn't get built. :poke:
I know you’re just trolling, but I’ll bite FTR..

450+ miles got built in just 2019-2020.

And before anyone says but most of that wasn‘t ‘new wall‘ but replacing existing, if you replace a dilapidated little fence with 18-30 ft mostly bollard, that is new wall..

There was several hundred more miles funded when Biden stopped construction. How much would Trump have gotten built if 2021-2025 if 450+ was done 2019-2020?

How much more will Desantis get built?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:06 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:58 pm

So Trump is your barometer of political consistency? https://www.usnews.com/news/national-ne ... flip-flops

Mmmkay.
Go back and re read what I bolded.
Now go read when those alleged flip flops occurred.
Weak stuff. Trump backed the Clintons in 2008. He’s the ultimate political whore. Do your homework or stop posting here. :tothehand:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:58 pm Let’s take a peek at some of Biden’s “accomplishments” in his first 7 months in office:

1) Worst foreign policy debacle in nearly 50 years unfolding before our eyes
2) Highest level of illegals crossing the border in 24 years
3) Highest inflation rate in 13 years
4) Reduced to begging OPEC for more oil, after taking over a country that had achieved energy independence
5) Taliban got a country
6) Russia got a pipeline
7) Shut down construction of America’s pipeline
8) Highest gas prices in six years (oh, since Obama’s 2nd term…hmmmm)
9) Added $4 Trillion to the national debt
10) Pissed off EVERY member of NATO in one fell swoop
11) Incented millions of Americans to stay home and not work, blunting economic growth/recovery
12) Raised (or proposed raising) taxes, blunting economic growth/recovery

….and the list goes on. But look, JSO, Biden is setting some records too! Yay America!
I completely disagree with what he did with Afghanistan. I don't think some of the other stuff not associated with that are due to him. I don't think he's the reason for high inflation. I think the Federal Reserve argument for why we have inflation is reasonable. You can read it in the article at https://www.marketwatch.com/story/u-s-i ... 1628344325:
Their argument goes like this: The reopening of the economy spawned a huge increase in demand that companies were unable to meet owing to widespread shortages of supplies and labor. The mismatch between supply and demand has forced companies to raise prices or wages and contributed to a broad increase in inflation.
It's not just the United States. Germany, for instance, also has its highest inflation rate in 13 years. See https://www.reuters.com/business/german ... 021-08-30/.

I think he did piss off NATO by doing what he did with Afghanistan. But I have no doubt NATO countries would rather have him as US President than Trump.

The Russian pipeline thing is between Russia and Germany. No US President was going to stop it from happening. If Trump were President he could have blustered and moved his hands around like he does. But he could not have stopped it.

Gas prices are also not due to any particular President. Other factors. See https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 253346001/.

I'll stop with that one but it's the same old same old. I know that the reality is that President gets credit from many when things go well and blame when they do not. But the biggest difference between this President and the last one is that the last one took office when things were going well and had been for years. He took over under perhaps the best circumstances during which any President of my lifetime took office. This one took over when things were in chaos. And I'm not even saying the chaos could have been entirely avoided by the previous President. Yes, I do think Trump completely mishandled the COVID-19 thing. But even if he hadn't it still would've been bad.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:15 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:58 pm Let’s take a peek at some of Biden’s “accomplishments” in his first 7 months in office:

1) Worst foreign policy debacle in nearly 50 years unfolding before our eyes
2) Highest level of illegals crossing the border in 24 years
3) Highest inflation rate in 13 years
4) Reduced to begging OPEC for more oil, after taking over a country that had achieved energy independence
5) Taliban got a country
6) Russia got a pipeline
7) Shut down construction of America’s pipeline
8) Highest gas prices in six years (oh, since Obama’s 2nd term…hmmmm)
9) Added $4 Trillion to the national debt
10) Pissed off EVERY member of NATO in one fell swoop
11) Incented millions of Americans to stay home and not work, blunting economic growth/recovery
12) Raised (or proposed raising) taxes, blunting economic growth/recovery

….and the list goes on. But look, JSO, Biden is setting some records too! Yay America!
I completely disagree with what he did with Afghanistan. I don't think some of the other stuff not associated with that are due to him. I don't think he's the reason for high inflation. I think the Federal Reserve argument for why we have inflation is reasonable. You can read it in the article at https://www.marketwatch.com/story/u-s-i ... 1628344325:
Their argument goes like this: The reopening of the economy spawned a huge increase in demand that companies were unable to meet owing to widespread shortages of supplies and labor. The mismatch between supply and demand has forced companies to raise prices or wages and contributed to a broad increase in inflation.
It's not just the United States. Germany, for instance, also has its highest inflation rate in 13 years. See https://www.reuters.com/business/german ... 021-08-30/.

I think he did piss off NATO by doing what he did with Afghanistan. But I have no doubt NATO countries would rather have him as US President than Trump.

The Russian pipeline thing is between Russia and Germany. No US President was going to stop it from happening. If Trump were President he could have blustered and moved his hands around like he does. But he could not have stopped it.

Gas prices are also not due to any particular President. Other factors. See https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 253346001/.

I'll stop with that one but it's the same old same old. I know that the reality is that President gets credit from many when things go well and blame when they do not. But the biggest difference between this President and the last one is that the last one took office when things were going well and had been for years. He took over under perhaps the best circumstances during which any President of my lifetime took office. This one took over when things were in chaos. And I'm not even saying the chaos could have been entirely avoided by the previous President. Yes, I do think Trump completely mishandled the COVID-19 thing. But even if he hadn't it still would've been bad.
I see. So Trump gets blamed for everything. Biden gets blamed for nothing. You continually minimized Trump’s accomplishments for four years, and now you’re going to minimize Biden’s failures for the NEXT three.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:28 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:15 pm

I see. So Trump gets blamed for everything. Biden gets blamed for nothing. You continually minimized Trump’s accomplishments for four years, and now you’re going to minimize Biden’s failures for the NEXT three.
If you look at what I wrote over the years it wasn't that Trump gets "blamed." It's that Trump was not the reason for things like declining unemployment, a continuing economic expansion, ect. Now I am saying Biden is not the reason for things like the relatively high inflation rate, rising gas prices, etc. It's perfectly consistent.

I have said/written for many, many years that most people think Presidents are WAY more of a factor in things like that than they actually are. Presidents do not control the economy.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:01 pm
Ibanez wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:23 am
AZ is right - everyone is a Neocon compared to you. Besides - you say that like it's a bad thing.

I'm don't like interventionism but we're a global economy and sometimes you have to step in when other countries aren't playing well with others.

I like Nikki - as Governor, I felt she did a great job for all the citizens of tis state...not just the ones that voted for her. She's personable, charming, intelligent and really commanded respect in this State. Plus - she held her own when accused of sexual misdeeds, never lost her cool and prevailed. I'll overlook her Trump relationship as long as she doesn't placate that base. I don't think she will...if she does run, I think she'll try to strike out on her own path using her time in SC and at the UN. :twocents:
I liked her Governorship and as ambassador. I definitely cooled on her since 2019, and it would take quite a bit of clarification to vote for her.

She might not be Liz Cheney but she is within HS field goal range of her. Best thing I can say about her now is that she is an opportunist.
a (more) female Linsey Graham
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:37 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:31 am

Yeah that ship has sailed. No doubt Biden is worse at this point...

...and we're only 7 months in. :rofl:
Eh, that I don't think we'll ever know. Trump was pretty unhinged near the end, and frankly, I wonder if he would've been removed via the 25th amendment if Pence and others saw there was another 4 years as opposed to just a few days. Biden is absolutely terrible, and a first term Trump was and is much superior to what Biden is doing now, but I'm not convinced about a second term Trump. But yes, Biden's first term, just 7 months in, is shaping up to be unimaginably worse than Trump at the same stage.
not fair, Biden hasn't had nearly as much opportunity to get out on the links and swing a club as "Pele" had in his first seven months - apples and oranges :tothehand:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:36 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:06 pm
Go back and re read what I bolded.
Now go read when those alleged flip flops occurred.
Weak stuff. Trump backed the Clintons in 2008. He’s the ultimate political whore. Do your homework or stop posting here. :tothehand:
My post was correct- he kept consistent primary to general. Reading is fundamental.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:17 am
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:36 pm
My post was correct- he kept consistent primary to general. Reading is fundamental.
Your post may be factually correct but is it relevant? What Trump said and did after he stole the 2016 election is a factor in whether is he or isn't a flip flopper.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:40 pm

Kinda of hard to pay for a wall that didn't get built. :poke:
I know you’re just trolling, but I’ll bite FTR..

450+ miles got built in just 2019-2020.

And before anyone says but most of that wasn‘t ‘new wall‘ but replacing existing, if you replace a dilapidated little fence with 18-30 ft mostly bollard, that is new wall..

There was several hundred more miles funded when Biden stopped construction. How much would Trump have gotten built if 2021-2025 if 450+ was done 2019-2020?

How much more will Desantis get built?
I'll add on to your post

Total mileage of wall paid for by Mexico as promised by Candidate Trump: 0.0 miles
Total rounds of golf that Candidate Trump said he'd never play: 150 ( more than Obama)
Total amount of the National Debt Trump said he'd eliminate in 8 years: It increased $7.8T
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:54 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:17 am
Your post may be factually correct but is it relevant? What Trump said and did after he stole the 2016 election is a factor in whether is he or isn't a flip flopper.
I see you’re right with Jelly there on Trump/Russia :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:33 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:54 am
I'm right there with Jelly - he has Trump/Russia and I have stolen elections :lol:
I was being factitious so I fixed your post.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:38 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:28 pm

If you look at what I wrote over the years it wasn't that Trump gets "blamed." It's that Trump was not the reason for things like declining unemployment, a continuing economic expansion, ect. Now I am saying Biden is not the reason for things like the relatively high inflation rate, rising gas prices, etc. It's perfectly consistent.

I have said/written for many, many years that most people think Presidents are WAY more of a factor in things like that than they actually are. Presidents do not control the economy.
Oh, I stand corrected. Trump gets NO CREDIT for the good things, while Biden gets no BLAME for the 7-month SHITSHOW we’re currently experiencing. Got it.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:49 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:33 am
I'm right there with Jelly - he has Trump/Russia and I have stolen elections :lol:
You’re not just factitious: you’re positively sesquipedalian.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:17 am

Wow...big word there. I had to Google that. That was sublimely scrumtrulescent.

Also, it certainly applies to JSO.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:18 am

Not really. He’s into data, not big woids.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Don't be facetious ... :lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:23 am

I was going with the long-winded defintion. :lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

I give Biden a solid G-. He so bad he's below an F.

Like school on Saturday, no class. (See who knows where that line came from).
Last edited by SeattleGriz on Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:49 am

I was going with the long-winded defintion. :lol:
Oh, JSO gets the gold there. Nobody else on CS comes close.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Big data in a vacuum
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:03 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:37 am

Eh, that I don't think we'll ever know. Trump was pretty unhinged near the end, and frankly, I wonder if he would've been removed via the 25th amendment if Pence and others saw there was another 4 years as opposed to just a few days. Biden is absolutely terrible, and a first term Trump was and is much superior to what Biden is doing now, but I'm not convinced about a second term Trump. But yes, Biden's first term, just 7 months in, is shaping up to be unimaginably worse than Trump at the same stage.
not fair, Biden hasn't had nearly as much opportunity to get out on the links and swing a club as "Pele" had in his first seven months - apples and oranges :tothehand:
What makes you think Biden can even ride a cart for 18 holes anymore? I don't think he has the physical stamina for that, unless he's taking a drop next to the cart path for every shot. Even then, I'm not sure he could even swing a golf club anymore. Dude got real old real fast. Senility, it's real. :ohno:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:06 am I give Biden a solid G-. He so bad he's below an F.

Like school on Saturday, no class. (See who knows where that line came from).
Fat Albert. :mrgreen: