BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Biden’s Scorecard

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:16 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:55 am Let's face it, Biden has been abysmal. Trump may have been an ass of the highest order (and he was) but even he stumbled into some good outcomes. I don't see even that happening yet with Biden. 50 years of a crappy political record are manifesting into a truly disastrous Presidency. And let's face it, being elderly and clearly not the guy he was even just 5 years ago is a significant factor as well. This is going to be a textbook case of why we won't elect a doddering old man to the White House again - he just doesn't have it, if he ever did.
I saw something a few days ago that we consider people in their 70s-80s unable to work in the modern workforce...except as politicians. :ohno:

Honestly - Biden/Harris was an awful ticket. Considering the alternative and considering that my vote matters none b/c we don't elect based off popular vote, it really made no difference who I voted for. York County/ SC is red and will always be red.

I'm looking forward to 2024. There are two possibilities that entertain me: Nikki Haley and Tim Scott (not a HUGE fan of Tim but I like what he's done for SC). Nikki was a good governor (and i'll overlook her Clemson fandom and hatred for CCU)
You gonna overlook her being a Neocon also?

Scott I could go for.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:25 pm

I saw something a few days ago that we consider people in their 70s-80s unable to work in the modern workforce...except as politicians. :ohno:

Honestly - Biden/Harris was an awful ticket. Considering the alternative and considering that my vote matters none b/c we don't elect based off popular vote, it really made no difference who I voted for. York County/ SC is red and will always be red.

I'm looking forward to 2024. There are two possibilities that entertain me: Nikki Haley and Tim Scott (not a HUGE fan of Tim but I like what he's done for SC). Nikki was a good governor (and i'll overlook her Clemson fandom and hatred for CCU)

Scott I could go for.
Everyone is a neocon compared to you.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:01 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:12 am
They don't care. Look at how much it's risen since 2001. Obama and Trump added YUGE amounts. Their supporters either ignored it or didn't care.
Go back amd re read what I said. I didn’t say the voters care about deficit soending. They do care about the results though:
-High Inflation voters care about.
-When the dollar collapses due to unsustainable debt levels (and the economy collapses along with it that will make the Great Recession look like tiddly winks) they will certainly care.
I said they don't care. The don't give a shit about it...just the effects when it becomes an inconvenience and/or a burden. You say they'll care when it's too late. That's not the time to care.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Scott I could go for.
AZ is right - everyone is a Neocon compared to you. Besides - you say that like it's a bad thing.
Neoconservatives typically advocate the promotion of democracy and interventionism in international affairs, including peace through strength, and are known for espousing disdain for communism and political radicalism.
I'm don't like interventionism but we're a global economy and sometimes you have to step in when other countries aren't playing well with others.

I like Nikki - as Governor, I felt she did a great job for all the citizens of tis state...not just the ones that voted for her. She's personable, charming, intelligent and really commanded respect in this State. Plus - she held her own when accused of sexual misdeeds, never lost her cool and prevailed. I'll overlook her Trump relationship as long as she doesn't placate that base. I don't think she will...if she does run, I think she'll try to strike out on her own path using her time in SC and at the UN. :twocents:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:23 am

Scott I could go for.
AZ is right - everyone is a Neocon compared to you. Besides - you say that like it's a bad thing.
Neoconservatives typically advocate the promotion of democracy and interventionism in international affairs, including peace through strength, and are known for espousing disdain for communism and political radicalism.
I'm don't like interventionism but we're a global economy and sometimes you have to step in when other countries aren't playing well with others.

I like Nikki - as Governor, I felt she did a great job for all the citizens of tis state...not just the ones that voted for her. She's personable, charming, intelligent and really commanded respect in this State. Plus - she held her own when accused of sexual misdeeds, never lost her cool and prevailed. I'll overlook her Trump relationship as long as she doesn't placate that base. I don't think she will...if she does run, I think she'll try to strike out on her own path using her time in SC and at the UN. :twocents:
Yeah…no.

We’re not really that interested in spreading democracy. Our interventionism is based in profiteering and resources.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:20 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:13 am

Throwing your vote away on a 3rd party candidate is worse. ;)

2020 was the my first non 3rd party vote since 08.
Na, voting for a narcissistic sociopath is worse. ;)

Oregon's electoral votes were going to Biden regardless of my vote. A vote for Trump was just as much of a throw-away as a vote for Jorgenson.
Doesn't look like the case a mere 7 months into the term. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:03 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:20 pm
Na, voting for a narcissistic sociopath is worse. ;)

Oregon's electoral votes were going to Biden regardless of my vote. A vote for Trump was just as much of a throw-away as a vote for Jorgenson.
Biden was going to be elected regardless of my vote and they're both (Biden and Trump) narcissistic sociopaths.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:51 am
SDHornet wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:03 am

Biden was going to be elected regardless of my vote and they're both (Biden and Trump) narcissistic sociopaths.
This new BDS variant seems to be quite contagious :shock:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:24 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:51 am

The ironically named Biden “Derangement” Syndrome….
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:29 pm

Biden Dementia Syndrome
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

lol. There's a BDS among Conservatives...similar to the TDS we saw the last 4 years.

But to grade Biden...

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:34 pm

Biden Dementia Syndrome
:lol: :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:52 pm

lol. There's a BDS among Conservatives...similar to the TDS we saw the last 4 years.

But to grade Biden...

What could TDS stand for?
- Trump Dissociative Syndrome?
- Trump Douchebag Sociopathy?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:00 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:52 pm

But to grade Biden...

Definitely the first.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:37 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:00 pm
Definitely the first.
You might be right, Trump (and his MAGAts) are dissociated from reality and also causes others to become dissociated from reality.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Just imagine since Bidem came into office:
-Skyrocketing inflation.
-Skyrocketing gas prices.
-Skyrocketing crime rates in major cities.
-Border crisis.
-Afghanistan disaster.
-China Virus
And that is just the first 7+ months. Almost 41 months to go..
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:01 am Just imagine since Bidem came into office:
-Skyrocketing inflation.
-Skyrocketing gas prices.
-Skyrocketing crime rates in major cities.
-Border crisis.
-Afghanistan disaster.
-China Virus
And that is just the first 7+ months. Almost 41 months to go..
And you’ll probably add one bullet point a week for the next 41 months.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

I liked her Governorship and as ambassador. I definitely cooled on her since 2019, and it would take quite a bit of clarification to vote for her.

She might not be Liz Cheney but she is within HS field goal range of her. Best thing I can say about her now is that she is an opportunist.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Scott I could go for.

She has a very remote chance of winning the nomination. She has zero chance if she doesn’t placate the base.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:43 pm

She has a very remote chance of winning the nomination. She has zero chance if she doesn’t placate the base.
She isn't radical enough for the GOP base.. She could just say one thing and then another once in office...that seems to be the typical MO for anyone running for office anyway. :D :D
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:51 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:43 pm
She isn't radical enough for the GOP base.. She could just say one thing and then another once in office...that seems to be the typical MO for anyone running for office anyway. :D :D
The typical MO is saying one thing during the primary, then another during the general, then another in office. I want someone who says the same thing throughout.

Trump at least kept it consistent through the primary amd general.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:55 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:51 pm
The typical MO is saying one thing during the primary, then another during the general, then another in office. I want someone who says the same thing throughout.

Trump at least kept it consistent through the primary amd general.
So Trump is your barometer of political consistency? https://www.usnews.com/news/national-ne ... flip-flops

Mmmkay.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:58 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:55 pm

Trump at least kept it consistent through the primary and general.
So Trump is your barometer of political consistency? https://www.usnews.com/news/national-ne ... flip-flops

Mmmkay.
Go back and re read what I bolded.
Now go read when those alleged flip flops occurred.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:06 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:58 pm

Mmmkay.
They aren't alleged, lol. Are you saying Trump didn't complain about Obama playing golf and then went and played MORE golf in less time? :lol: Or that he DIDN'T say Mexico would pay for a wall...which they ended up not paying for? :lol:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:31 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:06 pm
They aren't alleged, lol. Are you saying Trump didn't complain about Obama playing golf and then went and played MORE golf in less time? :lol: Or that he DIDN'T say Mexico would pay for a wall...which they ended up not paying for? :lol:
Kinda of hard to pay for a wall that didn't get built. :poke:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein