Fuel Oil: +106.7%
Meat, Poultry, & Fish: +13.1%
Milk: +15.9%
Eggs: +32.2%
Coffee: +15.3%
Used Cars: +16.1%
Airline Fares: +37.8%
Real Average Hourly Earnings: -3%
I would really like to know if anyone has estimated what percentage of the inflation is due to fuel costs.

There's no way to avoid having to use trucks to move goods within a country, but the fuel costs of moving megatons of freight across oceans every day is absolutely substantial. But we're not allowed to question globalism, it's a sacred cow in both major parties.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: Biden’s Scorecard

Post by Baldy »

houndawg wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:20 pm
Baldy wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:26 am

Also, gas has just hit an all-time high of $4.99 a gallon.
And the barrell price is the same as it was in 2011 when it was $3.50/gal. :tothehand:
What was the inflation rate? :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Pwns wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:52 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:21 am INFLATION BY THE NUMBERS:

Overall: +8.6% since last year
Gas: +48.7%
Fuel Oil: +106.7%
Meat, Poultry, & Fish: +13.1%
Milk: +15.9%
Eggs: +32.2%
Coffee: +15.3%
Used Cars: +16.1%
Airline Fares: +37.8%
Real Average Hourly Earnings: -3%
I would really like to know if anyone has estimated what percentage of the inflation is due to fuel costs.

There's no way to avoid having to use trucks to move goods within a country, but the fuel costs of moving megatons of freight across oceans every day is absolutely substantial. But we're not allowed to question globalism, it's a sacred cow in both major parties.
The substantial fuel cost is offset by the slave labor
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:01 pm
Pwns wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:52 pm

The slaves have gotten a lot more expensive the past couple of years. :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Baldy wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:09 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:20 pm

And the barrell price is the same as it was in 2011 when it was $3.50/gal. :tothehand:
Lol. Like the cost of the oil is the only thing included. :rofl: :rofl: Densedawg at his finest.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:32 pm
Lol. Like the cost of the oil is the only thing included. :rofl: :rofl: Densedawg at his finest.
It's like teaching a 2 year old how to count.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Baldy wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:41 pm

It's like teaching a 2 year old how to count.
:lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:31 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:01 pm

The slaves have gotten a lot more expensive the past couple of years. :coffee:
Not in China :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:41 pm
You need to reach down and pull yourself up by the bootstraps. Work harder. Cut expenses. Get a second job, they're everywhere. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Profits are up 300% :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:00 pm

Yeah. No they’re not.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:21 pm
houndawg wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:00 pm

Yeah. No they’re not.
All-time record. They aren't raising prices to cover costs, Z. They're raising prices to increase profits.

And every Republican voted against anti-gouging legislation. Now you can live with it like the rest of the planet :thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:46 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:21 pm

Yeah. No they’re not.
All-time record. They aren't raising prices to cover costs, Z. They're raising prices to increase profits.

And every Republican voted against anti-gouging legislation. Now you can live with it like the rest of the planet :thumb:
https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/char ... it-margins

You spew more shit on this site with ZERO credibility than any other poster here.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

:suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Strongest job marketin American history Da fuq? :suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: There has been zero job growth under Biden. Beginning of Covid Feb 2020 BLS (rounded to nearest 100k) 158.9 million full time employed. Now 158.4 million full time employed. Govt shutdowns caused 40 million jobs to be lost. Shutdowns end, and 39.5 million jobs came back. That isn’t job growth. Still down 1/2 million jobs despite population growth..
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:26 pm
houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:46 am

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/char ... it-margins

You spew more shit on this site with ZERO credibility than any other poster here.
True story. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Even the BBC is coming around to the idea that Biden and his spending are the primary reasons for the historic inflation we're experiencing. Once NPR agrees then hell really will freeze over.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61569559
Last year, businesses around the world started raising prices at a pace not seen in decades. Among major economies, one country was hit the worst - the United States.

Prices jumped at an annual rate of 4.7% last year - faster than any other country in the Group of Seven (G7) advanced economies, according to the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). In the UK, for example, inflation was just 2.5%.

Last month, inflation in the US hit 8.6%, one of the highest rates in the world.

Many of the forces driving inflation last year - such as supply disruptions from Covid and higher food prices after severe storms and drought hurt harvests - were not unique to the US.

The reason the US fared worse? In two words - high demand.

That was driven by the massive $5tn (£4.1tn) in spending the US government approved to shield households and businesses from the economic shock of the pandemic.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Poor Brandon just can't catch a break. :rofl:

Biden is forced to follow current law (drilling permits) and he runs afoul of his own constituents.
Environmental groups sued the Biden administration on Wednesday, saying that its decision to approve more than 3,500 oil and natural-gas drilling permits in New Mexico and Wyoming violated environmental laws by not taking into account the impact on climate change.

In their lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., the conservation nonprofits Center for Biological Diversity and WildEarth Guardians say the approved oil and gas wells will release as much as 600 million metric tons of greenhouse-gas emissions, worsening climate change and damaging U.S. ecosystems.

The federal permitting agency “has admitted that continued oil and gas exploitation is a significant cause of the climate crisis, yet the agency continues to recklessly issue thousands of new oil and gas drilling permits,” said Kyle Tisdel, climate and energy program director with the Western Environmental Law Center, which filed the lawsuit on behalf of the nonprofits.

The lawsuit also said federal officials ignored how more greenhouse-gas pollution would harm climate-imperiled plants and animals, violating the Endangered Species Act. It identified about 150 species “for which climate change is a primary driver of their decline,” including Hawaiian songbirds, polar bears and coral reefs.

“Fossil fuels are driving the extinction crisis, and the Bureau of Land Management is making things worse by failing to protect these imperiled species,” said Brett Hartl, government-affairs director at the Center for Biological Diversity.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/environmen ... listb_pos2
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:36 am Even the BBC is coming around to the idea that Biden and his spending are the primary reasons for the historic inflation we're experiencing. Once NPR agrees then hell really will freeze over.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61569559
Last year, businesses around the world started raising prices at a pace not seen in decades. Among major economies, one country was hit the worst - the United States.

Prices jumped at an annual rate of 4.7% last year - faster than any other country in the Group of Seven (G7) advanced economies, according to the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). In the UK, for example, inflation was just 2.5%.

Last month, inflation in the US hit 8.6%, one of the highest rates in the world.

Many of the forces driving inflation last year - such as supply disruptions from Covid and higher food prices after severe storms and drought hurt harvests - were not unique to the US.

The reason the US fared worse? In two words - high demand.

That was driven by the massive $5tn (£4.1tn) in spending the US government approved to shield households and businesses from the economic shock of the pandemic.
CNN has been downright harsh here lately (compared to coverage in the past) of him.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein