Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Biden’s Scorecard

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:22 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:13 pm

I think they'll end up with something but they already screwed up. I've seen this kind of thing both between and within parties and I just don't understand it. They had a thing where they could've passed a bipartisan infrastructure bill that EVERYBODY in the Democratic Party agrees with. Then the progressives had to hold it hostage in order to shoot for the moon. It just doesn't make any sense.

If they had just jumped on the bipartisan bill and passed it that would have been a big PR win for the Democrat Party. But instead of taking that and addressing whatever other issues they wanted to address after the fact the progressives HAD to try to leverage that to get pie in the sky stuff. Just completely stupid.

They'll end up with something but they already created the impression that the Democrats are disfunctional.
*dysfunctional

“Impression”? :rofl: :rofl: Sorry your party won’t get that big infrastructure win before your boy Biden embarrasses himself on the international stage. Again.
Sorry. I didn't do a spell check. I don't think he's embarrassed himself on the international stage in the past. Not when it comes to meeting and interacting with other leaders. Certainly not to the extent that the last guy did.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:46 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:13 pm

I think they'll end up with something but they already screwed up. I've seen this kind of thing both between and within parties and I just don't understand it. They had a thing where they could've passed a bipartisan infrastructure bill that EVERYBODY in the Democratic Party agrees with. Then the progressives had to hold it hostage in order to shoot for the moon. It just doesn't make any sense.

If they had just jumped on the bipartisan bill and passed it that would have been a big PR win for the Democrat Party. But instead of taking that and addressing whatever other issues they wanted to address after the fact the progressives HAD to try to leverage that to get pie in the sky stuff. Just completely stupid.

They'll end up with something but they already created the impression that the Democrats are disfunctional.
Ooooohhhhh….you were SO, SO close, right up to that last sentence.

It’s not an “impression”, John. They are the very DEFINITION of dysfunctional.
Fair enough. They are acting in a dysfunctional way right now. They will probably end up getting something passed and in the end they will have functioned. But the impression created by what's gone on to this point is going to hurt them so that we are at greater risk of having the party of the Brownshirts in power.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:46 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:46 pm

Ooooohhhhh….you were SO, SO close, right up to that last sentence.

It’s not an “impression”, John. They are the very DEFINITION of dysfunctional.
Fair enough. They are acting in a dysfunctional way right now. They will probably end up getting something passed and in the end they will have functioned. But the impression created by what's gone on to this point is going to hurt them so that we are at greater risk of having the party of the Brownshirts in power.
Brownshirts? You sound more like The Squat with every post. Just abandon the pretense of being a conservative.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:24 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:46 pm

Brownshirts? You sound more like The Squat with every post. Just abandon the pretense of being a conservative.
Which begs the question again…who is going to save the Republican Party from the brown shirts?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:48 pm

Which begs the question again…who is going to save the Republican Party from the brown shirts?
Which begs the bigger question: who is going to save the Donks from the Squat and their far-left ilk?
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Who are the Brownshirts?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Baldy wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:31 am
Who are the Brownshirts?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Who are the Brownshirts?
About 50% of the Republican Party and a quarter of all Americans.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:30 am
Who are the Brownshirts?
Oh so the photo I posted prior must be the new Red Guard and they make up 50% of the Democratic Party and a quarter of all Americans.

The American Cultural Revolution awaits ... :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:34 am

Oh so the photo I posted prior must be the new Red Guard and they make up 50% of the Democratic Party and a quarter of all Americans.

Antifa is massive! And powerful! They have the support of governors and shit!

Run!
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:52 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:34 am

Run!
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:16 am
kalm wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:52 am

Run!
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Who are the Brownshirts?
50%...Really?

Please give me some examples so I can avoid these people at all costs!!!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Baldy wrote:
kalm wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:30 am About 50% of the Republican Party and a quarter of all Americans.
50%...Really?

To Kalm, anyone with a red hat that says Make America Great Again. :)

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:05 pm
Baldy wrote: 50%...Really?

To Kalm, anyone with a red hat that says Make America Great Again. :)

I am glad you added the MAGA portion to your statement. :nod:

It would be a shame to finally meet Kalm, wearing my red International Harvester hat, and cause a diplomatic incident when a conservative flyover resident finally meets a true west coast liberal (classic though he may be). I would hate to make our resident fence sitter and mediator have to try and repair that damage. :ohno:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:00 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:05 pm To Kalm, anyone with a red hat that says Make America Great Again. :)

It would be a shame to finally meet Kalm, wearing my red International Harvester hat, and cause a diplomatic incident when a conservative flyover resident finally meets a true west coast liberal (classic though he may be). I would hate to make our resident fence sitter and mediator have to try and repair that damage. :ohno:
:lol: I typically try and resolve those kinds of disputes with shots of tequila but Kalm doesn't drink so I'd have to dig deep into the bag of tricks.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:05 pm To Kalm, anyone with a red hat that says Make America Great Again. :)

I live in a sea of brownshirted MAGA wearing mofos. Them are my peeps. :ohno:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:22 pm

:lol: I typically try and resolve those kinds of disputes with shots of tequila but Kalm doesn't drink so I'd have to dig deep into the bag of tricks.
If you make it bourbon, I will take his shot for him. Also will probably be much more agreeable afterwards. :lol:

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:47 pm

I live in a sea of brownshirted MAGA wearing mofos. Them are my peeps. :ohno:
No wonder you don't believe in ANTIFA! No way they would come bother you with your type of neighbors.

Also is camo the new brownshirt? :D

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Now Biden’s handlers want to give 450k to illegal immigrants families. Unbelievable..Not the Onion..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Fucking brutal.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:29 pm Fucking brutal.

Even worse… :ohno:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Baldy wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:29 pm Fucking brutal.

We're not even a year in. :rofl:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Bundle up folks!
In case you hadn’t noticed, gas prices are going up at near-record rates this month. The same is true for heating oil and propane. And that’s all taking place just as the temperatures are beginning to plunge across the northeast and the midwest with winter only a few weeks away. So doesn’t this seem like an odd time for the Biden administration and his Energy Secretary (former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm) to be seriously talking about shutting down yet another pipeline? And yet that’s precisely what’s happening according to a report this weekend from Fox News. Biden is reportedly close to ordering a halt to construction on the Enbridge Line 5 pipeline, located in Granholm’s home state.
The Biden administration is reportedly weighing the potential market consequences of shutting down an oil pipeline in Michigan, drawing criticism from opponents. Former Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm, Biden’s energy secretary, predicted Sunday that heating prices will rise this winter regardless of the Biden administration’s decision on the pipeline. “Yeah, this is going to happen. It will be more expensive this year than last year,” Granholm told CNN.
And then they compound the stupidity.
Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm said Sunday that President Joe Biden is considering tapping into the nation’s Strategic Petroleum Reserve amid rising crude oil prices.

“That’s one of the tools that he has,” Granholm said. “And he’s certainly looking at that.”

She also warned that home heating prices will be more expensive than the same period last year.

That’s not what the Strategic Petroleum Reserve is there for. It’s intended as an insurance policy against a true energy emergency, not a toy to help a flailing politician’s poll numbers. If we’re facing an actual “energy emergency” right now it’s an emergency of our own making.
https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2021/11/08 ... es-n427703

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:51 am Bundle up folks!
In case you hadn’t noticed, gas prices are going up at near-record rates this month. The same is true for heating oil and propane. And that’s all taking place just as the temperatures are beginning to plunge across the northeast and the midwest with winter only a few weeks away. So doesn’t this seem like an odd time for the Biden administration and his Energy Secretary (former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm) to be seriously talking about shutting down yet another pipeline? And yet that’s precisely what’s happening according to a report this weekend from Fox News. Biden is reportedly close to ordering a halt to construction on the Enbridge Line 5 pipeline, located in Granholm’s home state.
The Biden administration is reportedly weighing the potential market consequences of shutting down an oil pipeline in Michigan, drawing criticism from opponents. Former Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm, Biden’s energy secretary, predicted Sunday that heating prices will rise this winter regardless of the Biden administration’s decision on the pipeline. “Yeah, this is going to happen. It will be more expensive this year than last year,” Granholm told CNN.
And then they compound the stupidity.
Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm said Sunday that President Joe Biden is considering tapping into the nation’s Strategic Petroleum Reserve amid rising crude oil prices.

“That’s one of the tools that he has,” Granholm said. “And he’s certainly looking at that.”

She also warned that home heating prices will be more expensive than the same period last year.

That’s not what the Strategic Petroleum Reserve is there for. It’s intended as an insurance policy against a true energy emergency, not a toy to help a flailing politician’s poll numbers. If we’re facing an actual “energy emergency” right now it’s an emergency of our own making.
https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2021/11/08 ... es-n427703
They should deport that dumb bitch back to Canada where she came from.