SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Biden’s Scorecard

Post by SeattleGriz »

Baldy wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:29 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:06 am I give Biden a solid G-. He so bad he's below an F.

Like school on Saturday, no class. (See who knows where that line came from).
Fat Albert. :mrgreen:
🏆
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:15 am
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:38 pm

If you look at what I wrote over the years it wasn't that Trump gets "blamed." It's that Trump was not the reason for things like declining unemployment, a continuing economic expansion, ect. Now I am saying Biden is not the reason for things like the relatively high inflation rate, rising gas prices, etc. It's perfectly consistent.

I have said/written for many, many years that most people think Presidents are WAY more of a factor in things like that than they actually are. Presidents do not control the economy.
Oh, I stand corrected. Trump gets NO CREDIT for the good things, while Biden gets no BLAME for the 7-month SHITSHOW we’re currently experiencing. Got it.
Did you honestly expect anything different out of JSO? :lol:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:54 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:15 am

Oh, I stand corrected. Trump gets NO CREDIT for the good things, while Biden gets no BLAME for the 7-month SHITSHOW we’re currently experiencing. Got it.
Did you honestly expect anything different out of JSO? :lol:
I have said for many years that it is a mistake to attribute what's going on with the economy to who is President at the time. I've said it is a mistake to base who your vote for to be President on what the economy is doing.

Beyond that, it's just the data. The data do not indicate that there was any significant change with respect to what was going on associated with Trump taking office. Same thing now. There's no indication in economic data that there's been a change with Biden taking office.

The unemployment rate is an example. See image below. There was a big spike in April, 2020. Then there was a sharp decline that leveled off with things settling into a more modest declining rate by about October, 2021. That modest declining rate has generally continued to this point. It's another on eof those situations where, if you just look at the data, you don't see any indication that anything happened around January, 2021, in association with some kind of change in the way things were going.

Last edited by JohnStOnge on Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Yes. Because I’m ONLY talking about the economy. That’s ALL that Biden has fucked up in 7 months.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:53 pm Yes. Because I’m ONLY talking about the economy. That’s ALL that Biden has fucked up in 7 months.
The economy is one thing. There are others. Like I said, the Afghanistan thing is bad. But, overall, Biden took over when things were in crisis. The highest daily COVID-19 case count came on January 8, 2021 and the highest daily COVID-19 death count came on January 12, 2021.

Again: Trump didn't have to take over when things were in crisis. There was no historic pandemic going on when he took office. The economy wasn't the best ever but it was good. There was the ISIS thing but ISIS was already in territorial decline. The outcome was not in doubt. He was handed a coasting situation.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:08 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:53 pm Yes. Because I’m ONLY talking about the economy. That’s ALL that Biden has fucked up in 7 months.
The economy is one thing. There are others. Like I said, the Afghanistan thing is bad. But, overall, Biden took over when things were in crisis. The highest daily COVID-19 case count came on January 8, 2021 and the highest daily COVID-19 death count came on January 12, 2021.

Again: Trump didn't have to take over when things were in crisis. There was no historic pandemic going on when he took office. The economy wasn't the best ever but it was good. There was the ISIS thing but ISIS was already in territorial decline. The outcome was not in doubt. He was handed a coasting situation.
But the Trumpettes are saying Covid is a Hoax, so it's not a crisis to them. Can't blame Biden for Covid if it was a hoax.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

A crisis. Yes. And Biden has been pouring gasoline on that fire for 7 months. But I get it, he doesn’t get any of the blame.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

Please, no lame comparisons of Biden to Carter. They are extremely unfair to Carter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:39 pm

A crisis. Yes. And Biden has been pouring gasoline on that fire for 7 months. But I get it, he doesn’t get any of the blame.
What do you expect from John StPsaki?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:39 pm

Which fire?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:42 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:03 am

not fair, Biden hasn't had nearly as much opportunity to get out on the links and swing a club as "Pele" had in his first seven months - apples and oranges :tothehand:
What makes you think Biden can even ride a cart for 18 holes anymore? I don't think he has the physical stamina for that, unless he's taking a drop next to the cart path for every shot. Even then, I'm not sure he could even swing a golf club anymore. Dude got real old real fast. Senility, it's real. :ohno:
Who would have thought that somebody as decrepit as JB would still be a vast improvement over his predecessor? :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:39 pm A crisis. Yes. And Biden has been pouring gasoline on that fire for 7 months. But I get it, he doesn’t get any of the blame.
Which fire?
Fires - there is more than one.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:39 am
kalm wrote:
Which fire?
Fires - there is more than one.

Which economic fire? What would Trump have done differently?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:44 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:39 am Fires - there is more than one.

Why limit discussion of Biden's miscues & failures to just the economy?

To quote Tony Soprano, Biden is like King Midas in reverse. Everything he touches turns to sh!t.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:36 am
kalm wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:44 am

To quote Tony Soprano, Biden is like King Midas in reverse. Everything he touches turns to sh!t.
That was where the discussion was at when you commented.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:36 am Why limit discussion of Biden's miscues & failures to just the economy?

BDK tries to limit the scope of discussion too. He does it to defend/deflect for Trump, now you're doing it to defend/deflect for Biden.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:45 pm
kalm wrote:
BDK tries to limit the scope of discussion too. He does it to defend/deflect for Trump, now you're doing it to defend/deflect for Biden.

I’m not limiting the discussion. Nor do I feel it necessary to defend or deflect from Biden. You know I wasn’t a huge fan to begin with. He’ll continue to disappoint.

Again…that was simply where the discussion was at….

Consider it providing some post partisanship to the worst President since Buchanan/sky is falling/disgraceful 7 months in comments on the forum.

Admit it…you’re being out-centered here.

:kisswink:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Trump would never have opened the southern border or committed the energy-related blunders that Biden has, as set forth in AZ’s original post. Neither one cares about the debt. As for printing money and jacking up inflation, Presidents of both parties try to bend the Fed to their will. Always have to give Democrats the (negative) historical edge on spending taxpayer dollars on social programs, including excessively generous Covid and unemployment benefits. (My wife and I didn’t need the Covid checks, but we got them, and we donated every red cent to food banks and other charities.) However, Covid played a part in creating massive supply chain issues that didn’t exist before 2019, thus adding to inflationary pressures of too much money chasing too few goods. Trump put tariffs in place — a bad thing— but Biden has lifted precious few of them. On balance, Trump’s economic policies are far preferable.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:15 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:45 pm BDK tries to limit the scope of discussion too. He does it to defend/deflect for Trump, now you're doing it to defend/deflect for Biden.

I’m not limiting the discussion. Nor do I feel it necessary to defend or deflect from Biden. You know I wasn’t a huge fan to begin with. He’ll continue to disappoint.

Again…that was simply where the discussion was at….

Consider it providing some post partisanship to the worst President since Buchanan/sky is falling/disgraceful 7 months in comments on the forum.

Admit it…you’re being out-centered here.

:kisswink:
PFFT :rofl:
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:38 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:36 am

Rent and eviction moratoriums extended, unemployment kicker extensions, child care tax credit early payout, etc etc…all exacerbated the unemployment issue and have caused people to NOT look for work. 10 million jobs go wanting while we pay people to stay home. Brilliant economic policy. Oh, while simultaneously shutting down a pipeline and costing 10-15k jobs, then begging OTHERS to produce more oil, escalating gas prices (that are only tempered by continued lockdowns and a stalled economic recovery) and then the coup de grace, bailing on all our allies AND American citizens by leaving Afghanistan in a haphazard manner….

He’s a regular genius.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Biden’s Scorecard

Post by CID1990 »

Joe Biden is now polling lower in Iowa than either Trump or Obama ever did:

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 378224002/

In fairness to the people who elected the previously most un-electable guy to run for the nomination (even Dukakis got nominated...)... there was really no choice for those voters in the primary. It was either Joe Biden or a cavalcade of some of the nuttiest, stupidest field of also rans to ever be shat out onto a Dem primary ballot (except for maybe the Cantonese guy)

Biden schlepped his way into the WH because he was Not Trump, rather than because he was competent (or ethical). And now the Democratic Party is going to reap the whirlwind in the next two elections.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:59 pm Joe Biden is now polling lower in Iowa than either Trump or Obama ever did:

In fairness to the people who elected the previously most un-electable guy to run for the nomination (even Dukakis got nominated...)... there was really no choice for those voters in the primary. It was either Joe Biden or a cavalcade of some of the nuttiest, stupidest field of also rans to ever be shat out onto a Dem primary ballot (except for maybe the Cantonese guy)

Biden schlepped his way into the WH because he was Not Trump, rather than because he was competent (or ethical). And now the Democratic Party is going to reap the whirlwind in the next two elections.

I heard this on the radio coming in this morning. I immediately thought, who F'ing cares about what Iowegians think?
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

andy7171 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:12 am
CID1990 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:59 pm Joe Biden is now polling lower in Iowa than either Trump or Obama ever did:

I heard this on the radio coming in this morning. I immediately thought, who F'ing cares about what Iowegians think?
CORN FED FOLKS MATTER
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:25 am
andy7171 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:12 am
CORN FED FOLKS MATTER
Nebraskans also takes offense at that comment. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein