Political discussions
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Biden’s Scorecard

Post by CID1990 »

The VPOTUS should be considered as part of Biden’s scorecard.

https://unherd.com/2022/01/kamala-harri ... p-to-fail/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:10 am The VPOTUS should be considered as part of Biden’s scorecard.

Yes. And he gets a ZERO for that assignment.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:14 am
CID1990 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:10 am The VPOTUS should be considered as part of Biden’s scorecard.

Depends on how you look at it. From my perspective he gets a thumbs up for it.

I wanted the worst combination possible so they could air it all out and we can see what they really want, instead of hiding it behind false promises and words. Now people are getting an idea of what they really stand for (themselves and increasing their wealth) and the cost of it. Too many people look at voting like it doesn't matter or who we elect doesn't matter.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Winterborn wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:00 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:14 am

Depends on how you look at it. From my perspective he gets a thumbs up for it.

I wanted the worst combination possible so they could air it all out and we can see what they really want, instead of hiding it behind false promises and words. Now people are getting an idea of what they really stand for (themselves and increasing their wealth) and the cost of it. Too many people look at voting like it doesn't matter or who we elect doesn't matter.
Also got a clear view of her ineptitude. :nod: :nod: :nod:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:23 am
houndawg wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:15 am

Hardly surprising given the only reason he's holding office is that he isn't Donald trump. :coffee:
Biden's approval ratings are dropping quicker than your cognitive assessment scores. That's damn impressive.
You should wear a condom when you're with SD Hornet, the two of you seem to be passing a bad case of Biden Derangement Syndrome back and forth. :coffee:
Last edited by houndawg on Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:11 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:49 am
Agreed.

The Silent Generation and most Baby Boomers in Congress need to ride off into the sunset. I know the youngest boomers are like 58/59 years old but the majority of that generation is done. Let Gen X and Millennials take over (PS it's the Gen Z you have to worry about.)

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... -slightly/
Though power will be continued to be held by the Boomers and Silent Generation for at least a few more election cycles due to the positions being held by those with the most seniority.

While we can lay some of issues at the feet of the geriatrics, the younger representatives are not immune either. Case in point, AOC and some of the other idiots that have been elected on both sides.
Looks the AOCD is spreading as fast as the Biden Derangement Syndrome. :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:34 pm
houndawg wrote:
So everything will be OK after November? Cool.

Fortunately I already got mine - so fuck the rest of you. :coffee:
No, it wont. It will take some time and careful effort to turn around.

Effort that the Biden administration is not making right now.

Whatever Republican stomps Biden in 2024 will take it seriously and that’s one of 500 reasons the Dems are dead party walking

tick tock tick tock

You say that as if the Republicans have more than one candidate. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:35 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:03 am Gannon made mention of Bidens speech the other day but I didn't get a chance to read a transcript until today.

He's absolutely right - Biden has essentially pointed out that there are 2 people in America - American's and Confederates. :o

And the irony of McConnell bashing Biden for a speech that was is simply amazing. :lol:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-reac ... 1642110521
I was already told I was deplorable. Now I guess I am a deplorable confederate. :shock:

Can a person born and raised north of the Mason Dixon line even be a Confederate? Does this mean I can culturally appropriate grits and Sweet Tea that is 90% sugar?
Its a state of mind, Confederates love fast-talking real estate hustlers from new York City - you should get along just fine
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:34 pm No, it wont. It will take some time and careful effort to turn around.

Whatever Republican stomps Biden in 2024 will take it seriously and that’s one of 500 reasons the Dems are dead party walking

tick tock tick tock

I’m still pulling for the massive coronary.

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:22 pm
Baldy wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:23 am
Biden's approval ratings are dropping quicker than your cognitive assessment scores. That's damn impressive.
You should wear a condom when you're with SD Hornet, the two of you seem to be passing a bad case of Biden Derangement Syndrome back and forth. :coffee:
Your witticisms are even worse. You should just stick to yelling at the clouds.
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

TDS occurred while the country was in a state of increasing prosperity and plenty.

BDS is occurring along with skyrocketing inflation and sparsely stocked shelves.

TDS occurred without excessive rule by executive fiat in the form of executive orders.

BDS occurred with an all time record number of executive orders bypassing our Democratic process.

TDS occurred while nominating judges to adjudicate through Senate hearings.

BDS occurred with calls to pack the court and change rules on voting in Senate to avoid bipartisan approval.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:27 pm
CID1990 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:34 pm
No, it wont. It will take some time and careful effort to turn around.

tick tock tick tock

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

There are at least 10 conservatives I could name off the top of my head who’d wipe the floor with Biden or Harris in literally ANY political discussion/conversation.

This is the extent of Kamala Harris’s intelligence:
It is time for us to do what we have been doing, and that time is every day. Every day, it is time for us to agree that there are things and tools that are available to us to slow this thing down.
Why, it’s brilliant! :rofl: :rofl: :dunce:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:27 pm You say that as if the Republicans have more than one candidate. :coffee:

There are at least 10 conservatives I could name off the top of my head who’d wipe the floor with Biden or Harris in literally ANY political discussion/conversation.

It is time for us to do what we have been doing, and that time is every day. Every day, it is time for us to agree that there are things and tools that are available to us to slow this thing down.
She’s one of those smart leftists, AZ

You know, the kind that are always outsmarting Republicans

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

LeadBolt wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:41 am TDS occurred while the country was in a state of increasing prosperity and plenty.

BDS is occurring along with skyrocketing inflation and sparsely stocked shelves.

TDS occurred without excessive rule by executive fiat in the form of executive orders.

BDS occurred with an all time record number of executive orders bypassing our Democratic process.

BDS occurred with calls to pack the court and change rules on voting in Senate to avoid bipartisan approval.

You should do some simple googling. Biden has an all time record number of EOs at 75? He still has time before 2024 but c'mon...the facts are there to prove 2 of your comments wrong. :roll:

Btw, in 4 years, Trump issued more EOs than Obama had (220-147). That's more than both Bush's, Clinton and Regan (only looking at 1st term). So what exactly are you talking about?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:09 am
houndawg wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:27 pm

It won't take much to beat Harris. She simply isn't up to the task. Remind me how she fared in the primaries.... :D Democrats didn't want her.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:11 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:09 am

It won't take much to beat Harris. She simply isn't up to the task. Remind me how she fared in the primaries.... :D Democrats didn't want her.
There's no way Harris is the nominee in 2024 for exactly what you referenced - she was 5th at best in the Democratic primaries and almost had dropped out of the race by the time everyone decided to bow out and make way for Biden's nomination. She had a chance and once people got to see her they weren't impressed. Nothing that's happening now is going to make people think better of her, on the contrary, her time as VP is just making it harder for her to be a serious candidate in 2024. She's pretty much Dan Quayle at this point.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:14 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:11 pm
There's no way Harris is the nominee in 2024 for exactly what you referenced - she was 5th at best in the Democratic primaries and almost had dropped out of the race by the time everyone decided to bow out and make way for Biden's nomination. She had a chance and once people got to see her they weren't impressed. Nothing that's happening now is going to make people think better of her, on the contrary, her time as VP is just making it harder for her to be a serious candidate in 2024. She's pretty much Dan Quayle at this point.
Dan Quayle - lol. Perfect reference.

Her tenure as VP has done nothing to make anyone think she's qualified. I don't know if Biden has sidelined her privately or stonewalled her but she certainly isn't improving her own stock in spite of anything she's up against.

But that begs the question -

In 2024 if Biden doesn't run what are the options:

1) Harris and UNK VP
2) UNK Donk for POTUS and VPOTUS

I think Harris would be the natural successor but even with a strong VP she doesn't stand a chance.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:20 pm

Her tenure as VP has done nothing to make anyone think she's qualified. I don't know if Biden has sidelined her privately or stonewalled her but she certainly isn't improving her own stock in spite of anything she's up against.

1) Harris and UNK VP

I think Harris would be the natural successor but even with a strong VP she doesn't stand a chance.
The options are Harris, Hillary, Buttigieg, Abrams (I wouldn't be shocked if she ran), and that's about it. The Dems don't have a deep bench when it comes to Presidential candidates. Their governors haven't been newsworthy nor appeal to a larger audience, and picking folks from Congress right now, either house, is a dicey proposition.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:20 pm

1) Harris and UNK VP

Well if Biden doesn’t run, and Harris doesn’t get the top of the ticket, then that will be racist amd sexist..Quite the conundrum the donks have..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Hey, the old VA governor is freed up....maybe he's available.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:20 pm Dan Quayle - lol. Perfect reference.

1) Harris and UNK VP

The options are Harris, Hillary, Buttigieg, Abrams (I wouldn't be shocked if she ran), and that's about it. The Dems don't have a deep bench when it comes to Presidential candidates. Their governors haven't been newsworthy nor appeal to a larger audience, and picking folks from Congress right now, either house, is a dicey proposition.
I think there will be an immense amount of pressure on Michelle Obama to jump in.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:07 pm
GannonFan wrote:
I think there will be an immense amount of pressure on Michelle Obama to jump in.
What about Inslee?

I'm guessing Newsom is thinking about it but the recall is an anchor.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:23 pm
CID1990 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:07 pm
What about Inslee?

But Inslee is a white male, no? Look at the others GF and Cid mentioned
Harris: Black Indian female
Abrams: Black female
Moochelle: Black female
Clinton: White female
Buttigeg: Gay white male
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:36 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:23 pm

What about Inslee?

But Inslee is a white male, no? Look at the others GF and Cid mentioned
Harris: Black Indian female
Abrams: Black female
Moochelle: Black female
Clinton: White female
Buttigeg: Gay white male
yes the party that doesn't like anybody to be identified by their race, gender or sexual orientation finds it very important that the correct race, gender and sexual orientation be in place for any candidate. :lol: :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

LeadBolt wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:41 am TDS occurred while the country was in a state of increasing prosperity and plenty.

You forgot about the AOCD :coffee: