Political discussions
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Biden’s Scorecard

Post by SDHornet »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:09 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:55 am Let's face it, Biden has been abysmal. Trump may have been an ass of the highest order (and he was) but even he stumbled into some good outcomes. I don't see even that happening yet with Biden. 50 years of a crappy political record are manifesting into a truly disastrous Presidency. And let's face it, being elderly and clearly not the guy he was even just 5 years ago is a significant factor as well. This is going to be a textbook case of why we won't elect a doddering old man to the White House again - he just doesn't have it, if he ever did.
So knowing those things last fall why did you vote for him? Not trying to be snarky, genuinely curious.
:popcorn:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:16 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:55 am Let's face it, Biden has been abysmal. Trump may have been an ass of the highest order (and he was) but even he stumbled into some good outcomes. I don't see even that happening yet with Biden. 50 years of a crappy political record are manifesting into a truly disastrous Presidency. And let's face it, being elderly and clearly not the guy he was even just 5 years ago is a significant factor as well. This is going to be a textbook case of why we won't elect a doddering old man to the White House again - he just doesn't have it, if he ever did.
I saw something a few days ago that we consider people in their 70s-80s unable to work in the modern workforce...except as politicians. :ohno:

Honestly - Biden/Harris was an awful ticket. Considering the alternative and considering that my vote matters none b/c we don't elect based off popular vote, it really made no difference who I voted for. York County/ SC is red and will always be red.

I'm looking forward to 2024. There are two possibilities that entertain me: Nikki Haley and Tim Scott (not a HUGE fan of Tim but I like what he's done for SC). Nikki was a good governor (and i'll overlook her Clemson fandom and hatred for CCU)
And yet you still voted for him.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:03 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:16 am I saw something a few days ago that we consider people in their 70s-80s unable to work in the modern workforce...except as politicians. :ohno:

Honestly - Biden/Harris was an awful ticket. Considering the alternative and considering that my vote matters none b/c we don't elect based off popular vote, it really made no difference who I voted for. York County/ SC is red and will always be red.

I'm looking forward to 2024. There are two possibilities that entertain me: Nikki Haley and Tim Scott (not a HUGE fan of Tim but I like what he's done for SC). Nikki was a good governor (and i'll overlook her Clemson fandom and hatred for CCU)
I didn't vote for either one of the clowns representing the major parties. I didn't think that highly of Jo but she was still better than Trump or Biden.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:10 am

I didn't vote for either one of the clowns representing the major parties. I didn't think that highly of Jo but she was still better than Trump or Biden.
Throwing your vote away on a 3rd party candidate is worse. ;)

2020 was the my first non 3rd party vote since 08.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:01 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:12 am
They don't care. Look at how much it's risen since 2001. Obama and Trump added YUGE amounts. Their supporters either ignored it or didn't care.
This. The debt issue is one neither side of the aisle has any real plans to address.
Yup. They simply don't care as long as they are in power.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:16 am

I saw something a few days ago that we consider people in their 70s-80s unable to work in the modern workforce...except as politicians. :ohno:

I know. Me voting for him or not voting for him would've given us the same outcome.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:15 am

I know. Me voting for him or not voting for him would've given us the same outcome.
Nope, 100% your fault.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:13 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:10 am

I still don't buy the anti-protest vote argument. My friends still play the "A vote for anybody other than the anointed guy is a vote for Hillary/Biden/etc." card on me, but I don't buy it at all....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:02 am
HI54UNI wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:09 am

So knowing those things last fall why did you vote for him? Not trying to be snarky, genuinely curious.
Not a hard question to answer. I would never cast a vote for Trump. I didn't vote for him in 2016 (went 3rd party) and in 2020 I thought he had gotten crazy enough that I thought a vote for Biden was the lesser evil. In spite of Biden being a disaster, he might still be the lesser evil than a second term Trump would've been. I'm hoping that the GOP can put up someone I can vote for in 2024. I can't see how Biden could possibly run then, given his mental and physical degradation already, and I'm not inclined to vote for Harris either. So put up a decent GOP candidate or I go 3rd party again.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:28 am

Not a hard question to answer. I would never cast a vote for Trump. I didn't vote for him in 2016 (went 3rd party) and in 2020 I thought he had gotten crazy enough that I thought a vote for Biden was the lesser evil. In spite of Biden being a disaster, he might still be the lesser evil than a second term Trump would've been. I'm hoping that the GOP can put up someone I can vote for in 2024. I can't see how Biden could possibly run then, given his mental and physical degradation already, and I'm not inclined to vote for Harris either. So put up a decent GOP candidate or I go 3rd party again.
Yeah that ship has sailed. No doubt Biden is worse at this point...

...and we're only 7 months in. :rofl:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:31 am

Eh, that I don't think we'll ever know. Trump was pretty unhinged near the end, and frankly, I wonder if he would've been removed via the 25th amendment if Pence and others saw there was another 4 years as opposed to just a few days. Biden is absolutely terrible, and a first term Trump was and is much superior to what Biden is doing now, but I'm not convinced about a second term Trump. But yes, Biden's first term, just 7 months in, is shaping up to be unimaginably worse than Trump at the same stage.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:37 am Biden is absolutely terrible, and a first term Trump was and is much superior to what Biden is doing now
Never thought I'd be able to say that.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:01 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:37 am Biden is absolutely terrible, and a first term Trump was and is much superior to what Biden is doing now
Never thought I'd be able to say that.
Eh, Trump, either on purpose or by stumbling into it, did do some good things. Waking everyone up to the danger that is China was certainly one of those things. Heck, I think his solution to the Middle East was revelatory as well. And sheparding the tax bill that, for all of it's flaws, did do at least one good thing and got rid of the Local and State tax deduction. Like I said, though, he looked a bit unhinged near the end. I would never have voted for him anyway, but I changed from 3rd party to Biden because of the fear of what a second term would be. Up until the unhinging it wasn't terrible. Biden, on the other hand, is beginning to look terrible.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:37 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:31 am

Eh, that I don't think we'll ever know. Trump was pretty unhinged near the end, and frankly, I wonder if he would've been removed via the 25th amendment if Pence and others saw there was another 4 years as opposed to just a few days. Biden is absolutely terrible, and a first term Trump was and is much superior to what Biden is doing now, but I'm not convinced about a second term Trump. But yes, Biden's first term, just 7 months in, is shaping up to be unimaginably worse than Trump at the same stage.
The “unhinged” would never have come out if he’d won the election.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:13 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:10 am I didn't vote for either one of the clowns representing the major parties. I didn't think that highly of Jo but she was still better than Trump or Biden.

Na, voting for a narcissistic sociopath is worse. ;)

Oregon's electoral votes were going to Biden regardless of my vote. A vote for Trump was just as much of a throw-away as a vote for Jorgenson.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:19 pm
Never? It (the "unhinged") was there the whole time, it just needed a trigger. I'm not sure you can definitively say that there would never have been another trigger. That alone justifies at least considering voting for another candidate.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:22 pm

Never? It (the "unhinged") was there the whole time, it just needed a trigger. I'm not sure you can definitively say that there would never have been another trigger. That alone justifies at least considering voting for another candidate.
I mean, I guess that’s true. But THAT level of unhinged? Did we really know THAT existed? If he’d won in November, what we saw between November and January wouldnt’ have come out…not saying it might not have later in a 2nd term, over something else. Just saying basing your decision on a level of unhingedness that didn’t appear until AFTER he’d lost is disengenous.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Possibly, but with Trump it was never far from the surface. I've seen the unhinged and I'm glad not to see it in the White House again. Like I said, all the GOP has to do it put up a rational human being in 2024 and I'll pick that over a decrepit Biden (assuming he even makes it that long) or a dismal Harris.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:23 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:22 pm
I mean, I guess that’s true. But THAT level of unhinged? Did we really know THAT existed? If he’d won in November, what we saw between November and January wouldnt’ have come out…not saying it might not have later in a 2nd term, over something else. Just saying basing your decision on a level of unhingedness that didn’t appear until AFTER he’d lost is disengenous.
That's fair. We knew he was capable of coming unhinged but we couldn't have know for sure how unhinged he might become. I guess he is an unstable genius. ;)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

:thumb: This.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:13 pm Biden, on the other hand, is beginning to look terrible.
Beginning?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:35 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:13 pm Biden, on the other hand, is beginning to look terrible.
Beginning?
:lol: :lol:

Kind of my point all along. He’s the EXACT SAME as he has been for the past 40 years. The man could fuck up a wet dream. How anyone could be surprised by this is beyond me.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Trump was a corrupt, transactional cunt

And the corrupt, transactional cunts that will follow him (like Biden) are the new normal

Diversity is not our strength

It will ultimately prove to be our fatal weakness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:12 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:43 am
The rate at which you go into debt certainly matters. Otherwise you could say, 1 trillion, 10 trillion, 100 trillion, whatever is after a trillion, its all the same.

The voters do care about the results though- skyrocketing inflation other negative consenquences (worst of which we haven’t seen yet).
They don't care. Look at how much it's risen since 2001. Obama and Trump added YUGE amounts. Their supporters either ignored it or didn't care.
Go back amd re read what I said. I didn’t say the voters care about deficit soending. They do care about the results though:
-High Inflation voters care about.
-When the dollar collapses due to unsustainable debt levels (and the economy collapses along with it that will make the Great Recession look like tiddly winks) they will certainly care.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:34 pm Trump was a corrupt, transactional cunt

And the corrupt, transactional cunts that will follow him (like Biden) are the new normal

Diversity is not our strength

It will ultimately prove to be our fatal weakness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something tells me America plans to take the “lesser of two weevils” contest to new lows each election.