CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Biden’s Scorecard

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:08 am It still sure sounds like you are defending 3.5 trillion dollars worth of it. And that’s all it is - pork

Nothing in this bill is going to avert climate change or help the American middle class - and few people really know what’s in it to begin with.

The Republican Study Committee under Jim Banks has published a washdown of many items in the bill. It is obviously a partisan study, but where the money is going and how much money is moving is accurate.

You can be sure that the Dems are not trumpeting any of the details. Why? Because it is simpler to just make claims of what the bill will accomplish than actually providing the “how”.

https://banks.house.gov/uploadedfiles/f ... ation_.pdf

HotAir has a synopsis of the Banks document that sums it up pretty well. There are some items in there that would poll quite low if Americans knew what they were. But that’s how ridiculous government spending happens... we always have to “pass it to find out what’s in it.”

Fortunately, it will not pass, and the coming progressive tantrum (combined with Biden’s failing presidency) is going to exacerbate the midterm bloodbath that is now in the mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m not opposed to the spending. We’ve neglected quite a few things for decades. But I’m sure there are many items in the bill I’d disagree with.

The market is slow to pivot to clean(er) energy. There can also be an ROI on government spending.
So stop supporting the practice. Ivy is spot on with line item legislation.

We shouldn’t be providing free college to anybody (much less illegal aliens) just to get a few damn bridges.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:26 am
89Hen wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:39 pm

Not really. Biden was running on stuff like making allies like us. Trump never cared about allies liking us, in fact he ran on making them pay their share which everyone knew would piss them off. So who failed? :coffee:
Both...why can't we admit that both failed?

And again....how many of the conservatives on here that are pearl clutching about pissing off our allies were gleeful when Trump was dong just that? I know quite a few on here saying, " Fuck the French"...and now they have a problem? :tothehand:
Why not both? I say F the French and also think that we did in fact F them and they have the right to be pissed at us. :lol:
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:19 pm
89Hen wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:39 pm

Not really. Biden was running on stuff like making allies like us. Trump never cared about allies liking us, in fact he ran on making them pay their share which everyone knew would piss them off. So who failed? :coffee:
Trump failed. He alienated us from our allies. He destroyed respect for us around the world. We elected an idiot. We lost credibility. Biden didn't run on making allies like us. He ran on making them trust us as reliable. There is a limit to what he can do in that regard because we showed, by virtue of electing somebody like Trump, that it may not be possible to trust us.

Like right now. I guarantee you, the worry of the rest of the world isn't Biden. It's worry about whether or not there are still enough idiots n our population to end up with a situation where Trump or somebody like him is President again.
Incorrect, as usual these days. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:21 am
kalm wrote:
I’m not opposed to the spending. We’ve neglected quite a few things for decades. But I’m sure there are many items in the bill I’d disagree with.

The market is slow to pivot to clean(er) energy. There can also be an ROI on government spending.

We shouldn’t be providing free college to anybody (much less illegal aliens) just to get a few damn bridges.

I agreed with Ivy and what you say here.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:22 am I'm more than happy and willing to give any net new blame to Biden
Didn't sound like it. That was my point.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

andy7171 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:44 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:26 am
Both...why can't we admit that both failed?

And again....how many of the conservatives on here that are pearl clutching about pissing off our allies were gleeful when Trump was dong just that? I know quite a few on here saying, " Fuck the French"...and now they have a problem? :tothehand:
Why not both? I say F the French and also think that we did in fact F them and they have the right to be pissed at us. :lol:
That's valid. Well said, Andrew.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:02 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:22 am I'm more than happy and willing to give any net new blame to Biden
If you read through any post, you'll see I give Biden and the Democrats shit just like I do for the Republicans. I'm an equal opportunity criticizer.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:20 am
89Hen wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:02 am

If you read through any post, you'll see I give Biden and the Democrats shit just like I do for the Republicans. I'm an equal opportunity criticizer.
Well, not any post. ;)
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:37 pm
CID1990 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:07 pm

I’m not sure if the reporters who were there “caught it”

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2021/10/13 ... da-n422039

She actually lost her cool at one. But yes…politicians don’t like it when the media doesn’t do their job for them.

That said, I haven’t seen recent polling to suggest the public disagrees all that much with the agenda.
She is probably a bit upset that it is looking like she will not be able to bring back to her district the $200 million that is earmarked for it in the $3.5 trillion budget bill.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:01 am
CID1990 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:21 am

"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

The U.S. is going to have our own problems this winter. My curiosity is who will get the blame when people can't afford to heat their homes this winter. Who will get the blame? Supply shortages? COVID? Politicians?

All of this originates with Biden’s EOs targeting the demonized fossil-fuel industry, which shook up the futures markets and had investors preparing for shortage situations. Moreover, driving prices up was by design in Biden’s plans. The higher the cost of fossil fuels, the less use they get, and that suits Biden and his global-warming goals just fine. Biden and his fellow progressives want fuel prices to go through the roof as a sort of back-door entrée to electric vehicles and big restrictions on petroleum, natural gas, and coal production.

Now that high prices have begun to threaten Biden’s political standing, not to mention the economy, suddenly he wants to run to the fossil-fuel industry for a rescue. The correct way to fix this problem, however, is to reverse all of Biden’s fossil-fuel policies and encourage more domestic production as a means to drive prices down. Not only will that help combat inflation, it also provides the US with lots of advantages in foreign policy and national security by impoverishing Iran and Russia.

Biden won’t be able to do that, however, because the progressives to whom he’s married won’t stand for it. Biden’s looking for a handout from the industry he’s spent the last several years painting as the devil itself. If they’re smart, they can tell Biden to go to the devil if he’s not willing to recast energy policy more rationally.
https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/10 ... ue-n422298
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Biden thinking they are missing out on funds from online sales, is going to try and lower the declarable amount. Sucking more money from the people. Donks are going to have trouble.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:00 am Biden thinking they are missing out on funds from online sales, is going to try and lower the declarable amount. Sucking more money from the people. Donks are going to have trouble.
The FB knife, parts, and toy groups that I am in are not happy. Some of those guys have a very good side business in trading or selling parts.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

andy7171 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:43 am
kalm wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:01 am

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:26 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:20 am

Well, not any post. ;)
Touche. :lol: :lol:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:22 am
andy7171 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:01 am

Thank god I'm not the only one who's noticed! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Noticed that I understand these problems didn't suddenly exist on January 20, 2021 at noon? Please. It's a failure of ours. We've allowed our supply chains to be stretched thin. Much of our problems are merely exacerbated by the current Gov't. I'm more than happy and willing to give any net new blame to Biden or whomever, but issues like immigration, the border, supply chain, inflation, etc... all existed long before the last 2 knuckleheads moved into the White House.

Become cynical like me and you'll realize it's the collective failure of the past 40+ years of "governance".
You’re sounding more like a more profane version of 88, except you lean left. :nod:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:03 am
Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:57 am

:nod:

The supply chain subject has been in the making for decades. The port fiasco as well.

Good article that fits pretty close to the people I have talked to and what our company is seeing from a supply chain issue. Plenty of charts, data, and blame to go around. When people/unions are actively fighting against improvements to increase efficiency in a port because they can and want more kickbacks, there is a problem that transcends politics.

https://www.cato.org/commentary/america ... des-making#
Exactly. The real problem, IMO, is Biden continuing the status quo of the last 40+ years. Garbage in / Garbage out.
Did you think a guy that has been in DC for 40+ years would do something different?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:00 am Biden thinking they are missing out on funds from online sales, is going to try and lower the declarable amount. Sucking more money from the people. Donks are going to have trouble.
Remember if you don't report cash income you're a tax cheat. If a billionaire does something allowed under the law it's smart use of a loophole.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:50 am The U.S. is going to have our own problems this winter. My curiosity is who will get the blame when people can't afford to heat their homes this winter. Who will get the blame? Supply shortages? COVID? Politicians?

All of this originates with Biden’s EOs targeting the demonized fossil-fuel industry, which shook up the futures markets and had investors preparing for shortage situations. Moreover, driving prices up was by design in Biden’s plans. The higher the cost of fossil fuels, the less use they get, and that suits Biden and his global-warming goals just fine. Biden and his fellow progressives want fuel prices to go through the roof as a sort of back-door entrée to electric vehicles and big restrictions on petroleum, natural gas, and coal production.

Now that high prices have begun to threaten Biden’s political standing, not to mention the economy, suddenly he wants to run to the fossil-fuel industry for a rescue. The correct way to fix this problem, however, is to reverse all of Biden’s fossil-fuel policies and encourage more domestic production as a means to drive prices down. Not only will that help combat inflation, it also provides the US with lots of advantages in foreign policy and national security by impoverishing Iran and Russia.

Biden won’t be able to do that, however, because the progressives to whom he’s married won’t stand for it. Biden’s looking for a handout from the industry he’s spent the last several years painting as the devil itself. If they’re smart, they can tell Biden to go to the devil if he’s not willing to recast energy policy more rationally.
It's going to be ugly this winter. I think the article underestimates the price increases. 50% increase is going to be the minimum. In many cases I think you will see them double compared to last winter. Glad I locked in a propane contract last August as soon as we got a signed purchase agreement on our new house rather than wait until we closed last week.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:32 am
Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:50 am The U.S. is going to have our own problems this winter. My curiosity is who will get the blame when people can't afford to heat their homes this winter. Who will get the blame? Supply shortages? COVID? Politicians?

It's going to be ugly this winter. I think the article underestimates the price increases. 50% increase is going to be the minimum. In many cases I think you will see them double compared to last winter. Glad I locked in a propane contract last August as soon as we got a signed purchase agreement on our new house rather than wait until we closed last week.
Two of my brothers and myself have our HAZMAT trucking licenses and both brothers houses are heated via propane to heat. They bought a 1500 gallon and 2000 gallon Anhydrous Ammonia tank and switched out the plumbing to fittings compliant with propane (bought used and saved a bunch of money). Then they went out and bought 3500 gallons of propane under a bulk/business rate (received a very, very good price) to fill up their tanks for the next two years. Plus we have a semi-tanker trailer that is set up for hauling propane (11k gallons) if we ever want to fill it up. ;)

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:16 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:22 am

Noticed that I understand these problems didn't suddenly exist on January 20, 2021 at noon? Please. It's a failure of ours. We've allowed our supply chains to be stretched thin. Much of our problems are merely exacerbated by the current Gov't. I'm more than happy and willing to give any net new blame to Biden or whomever, but issues like immigration, the border, supply chain, inflation, etc... all existed long before the last 2 knuckleheads moved into the White House.

Become cynical like me and you'll realize it's the collective failure of the past 40+ years of "governance".
You’re sounding more like a more profane version of 88, except you lean left. :nod:
Socially sure, I do lean left but they wouldn't claim me. I believe in science, 2 genders and that men can't give birth.

But I'm fiscally conservative - which in today's environment isn't a trait of hardly anyone on the right. :twocents: :twocents:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:22 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:03 am
Exactly. The real problem, IMO, is Biden continuing the status quo of the last 40+ years. Garbage in / Garbage out.
Did you think a guy that has been in DC for 40+ years would do something different?
Of course not. My options were Bumbling Idiot A or Bumbling Idiot B. I should've written in Pete (that's who I voted for in the Primary). Even when we had an outsider coming in, promising to drain the swamp, nothing really changed.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

With respect to the "Build Back Better" thing. I was looking for this last night and couldn't find it:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/democrats- ... nion-poll/

If you ask people about whether or not they support individual things that are in it, they in favor. For example: 88% of respondents supported lowering prescription drug prices, 84% supported Medicare coverage for Dental/Eye/Hearing, 73% supported paid family medical leave, and 67% supported universal pre K.

Also, while 54% of all respondents supported the plan, 67% of those who had heard about the Medicare and Family Leave provisions of it did.

The problem the Democrats have with it is that most people have heard more about the cost expressed as "3.5 trillion" and don't know the details. Of course the 3.5 trillion is over 10 years. $350 billion is a lot but "an average of $350 billion per year" doesn't sound as striking as "3.5 trillion."

I'm not sure if I support it or not. But I think that if the Democrats can somehow get it through in some form it will end up helping them. I think the effects of it would be popular.

The problem is that they are currently in circular firing squad formation. The progressives don't have enough sense to avoid over reaching and there are a couple of moderates who are willing to torpedo the entire Party.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:14 pm Even when we had an outsider coming in, promising to drain the swamp, nothing really changed.
I continue to shake my head at the idea that people voted for Trump, of all people, to "drain the swamp." As Carly Fiorina said, the guy IS the swamp. He was clearly the most corrupt and dishonest major Party candidate of any of our lifetimes. The idea that HE was going to reduce corruption was absolutely ridiculous.

Unfortunately, something did change. We now have a serious threat to our Democratic Republic system of government because of the damage he did. He corrupted our system to an extent that it's never been corrupted before. Things are MUCH worse now for our country's future than they would've been if Clinton had beaten him in 2016 and kept him from ever getting into that office.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:20 pm With respect to the "Build Back Better" thing. I was looking for this last night and couldn't find it:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/democrats- ... nion-poll/

If you ask people about whether or not they support individual things that are in it, they in favor. For example: 88% of respondents supported lowering prescription drug prices, 84% supported Medicare coverage for Dental/Eye/Hearing, 73% supported paid family medical leave, and 67% supported universal pre K.

Also, while 54% of all respondents supported the plan, 67% of those who had heard about the Medicare and Family Leave provisions of it did.

The problem the Democrats have with it is that most people have heard more about the cost expressed as "3.5 trillion" and don't know the details. Of course the 3.5 trillion is over 10 years. $350 billion is a lot but "an average of $350 billion per year" doesn't sound as striking as "3.5 trillion."

I'm not sure if I support it or not. But I think that if the Democrats can somehow get it through in some form it will end up helping them. I think the effects of it would be popular.

The problem is that they are currently in circular firing squad formation. The progressives don't have enough sense to avoid over reaching and there are a couple of moderates who are willing to torpedo the entire Party.
:lol: If you believe its only going to cost 3.5 trillion.
https://fee.org/articles/wsj-biden-plan ... restimate/

And sure, who wouldn‘t like ‘free’ health care, and free college, and free pre school, and free drugs, and free this, and free that.

Maybe they should ask how many people would like to have double digit inflation while they’re at it.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.