Biden’s Scorecard

Political discussions
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Re: Biden’s Scorecard

Post by Caribbean Hen »

First person that’s admitted to voting for Biden, now if we could just find the other 79,999,999 voters….

When both candidates off the court record is equally bad, you have to go with the one that is better during the game…

Simple
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:57 am First person that’s admitted to voting for Biden, now if we could just find the other 79,999,999 voters….

When both candidates off the court record is equally bad, you have to go with the one that is better during the game…

Simple
Still pushing the election was stolen because there's no way biden could have gotten 80 million votes canard.
  • trump's was ok in the first 3 quarters but he wilted in the 4th.
  • biden's 1st quarter was abysmal but he's leveled out since.
  • I'd rather have someone who doesn't wilt and whine under pressure and adversity.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:44 am
kalm wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:32 am Biden will struggle to match this scorecard…

Hence why I never have and never will submit a ballot voting for Trump. Hard to be any more of a detestable person than Trump is and really always has been. Historians a generation or two from now (I hate historians trying to write about contemporary events or persons) will have a field day dissecting America at this point in time.

With that said, I voted for Biden in the last election but, barring some miracle, will not be voting for him this time. Both candidates are so unworthy of my vote that I'll either leave it blank or pick some loon like Jill Stein (not running this time) to lodge my protest. It obviously won't matter and one of these two wretched candidates will win and be President for the next 4 year (barring death, which is real for both, or some other scandal, which Trump likely has the lead in that department). And while plenty of folks will bemoan these next 4 years and we'll get plenty of denunciations that American democracy is dead or that we've reached the end of the American republic, come January 20, 2029, someone else other than these two bottom-feeders will be President and than person, by default, will be better than what we have in front of us now.

In the meantime, buckle-up, it's going to be a sad political display for the next 5 years - this election season and then 4 years (again, barring a death) after that. Oh boy. :ohno:
:thumb:

https://www.jillstein2024.com/
https://www.cornelwest2024.com/
and the Libertarian National Convention is in May.

Should have a couple of candidates better than trump or biden to choose from.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:14 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:57 am First person that’s admitted to voting for Biden, now if we could just find the other 79,999,999 voters….

Simple
Still pushing the election was stolen because there's no way biden could have gotten 80 million votes canard.
  • I'd rather have someone who doesn't wilt and whine under pressure and adversity.
Nope, he’s only getting worse

First quarter put him in the basement and he can’t dig himself out…
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Simple
Like my dad (who was a collegiate golf and football coach) used to say…” I’d rather loose without ya than win with ya.”
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:25 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:14 am

The withdrawal from Afghanistan (1st quarter) and the Inflation Reduction Act (2nd quarter) were the low points of biden's presidency. What specifically would you hold against him?

trump finished his Presidency with a whimper. I like President's who are winners and finish strong. trump is neither.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:35 am

Simple
Like my dad (who was a collegiate golf and football coach) used to say…” I’d rather loose without ya than win with ya.”
If he was American he would say that about our fool on the hill Joe Biden
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:57 am

The withdrawal from Afghanistan (1st quarter) and the Inflation Reduction Act (2nd quarter) were the low points of biden's presidency. What specifically would you hold against him?

trump finished his Presidency with a whimper. I like President's who are winners and finish strong. trump is neither.
You have to include his handling (or not handling) of the border as a significant issue. Just hands down, it's been a disaster of his own making.

You also need to include in the first quarter those COVID relief bills that were the main triggers of the inflation that we're still struggling to climb out of (see in the lagging real wages indicator). Heck, the Inflation Reduction Act, by itself, wasn't a big deal, but only piled on to the inflation that was already there from the prior spending blowouts.

And lastly, and sure this is more controversial, I would throw in his poor foreign policy performance when it comes to handling both Ukraine and the Israel/Gaza disaster. For Ukraine, I know that he and his administration did at least act in the leadup to Putin's invasion and tried diplomatically to head it off, but the fact that Putin still went ahead with it in spite of that doesn't look well on the quality of those diplomatic efforts and also asks the question of what more should we have done to prevent it. Maybe we couldn't have done anything else, maybe Putin was never going to be talked off or convinced off the ledge, but in the end he still invaded and we're dealing with the not-as-great options of trying to support Ukraine rather than the better option of having the invasion not happen in the first place. And with Israel, or anything Middle East, it's hard to throw the blame of Hamas's 10/7 attack onto Biden, but we did have a few years of again trying to play nice with Iran which you could argue was Iran deciding we weren't strident enough to stop them from pushing their proxies to push the boundaries of what's acceptable. And Biden shares some of the blame for isolating Israel under Netanyahu that when it came time for us to have better influence with Israel to control their response we just didn't have it. Not all of this is Biden's doing, obviously, but there were plenty of steps and missteps during his administration that helped to create the world we're living in now and the events that have risen to the top in that time. Foreign policy under Biden has not been a good thing.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Have you already forgot? You replied to 500 of my posts saying…. But Trump and never admit fully how awful Biden has been
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Simple
Pretty sure I've been clear I voted for Biden in 2020 ever since I cast that vote. That's not been a secret for close to 4 years now. As I said, there's no way I'll ever place a vote for Trump given his own mental imbalance. In a pick between an age-befuddled candidate and a lunatic, I simply elect not to participate. We as a country lose regardless of the outcome.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:14 am
kalm wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:35 am

If he was American he would say that about our fool on the hill Joe Biden
Oh he would have most certainly NOT said that about the President, despite having done fair criticisms like we all do.

He was indeed an American. Born and raised in Iowa. Played football for the Hawkeyes. Served in Korea. PhD from the University of Montana. Devout Lutheran who volunteered at his church. American enough for ya?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:15 am

You have to include his handling (or not handling) of the border as a significant issue. Just hands down, it's been a disaster of his own making.

You also need to include in the first quarter those COVID relief bills that were the main triggers of the inflation that we're still struggling to climb out of (see in the lagging real wages indicator). Heck, the Inflation Reduction Act, by itself, wasn't a big deal, but only piled on to the inflation that was already there from the prior spending blowouts.

And lastly, and sure this is more controversial, I would throw in his poor foreign policy performance when it comes to handling both Ukraine and the Israel/Gaza disaster. For Ukraine, I know that he and his administration did at least act in the leadup to Putin's invasion and tried diplomatically to head it off, but the fact that Putin still went ahead with it in spite of that doesn't look well on the quality of those diplomatic efforts and also asks the question of what more should we have done to prevent it. Maybe we couldn't have done anything else, maybe Putin was never going to be talked off or convinced off the ledge, but in the end he still invaded and we're dealing with the not-as-great options of trying to support Ukraine rather than the better option of having the invasion not happen in the first place. And with Israel, or anything Middle East, it's hard to throw the blame of Hamas's 10/7 attack onto Biden, but we did have a few years of again trying to play nice with Iran which you could argue was Iran deciding we weren't strident enough to stop them from pushing their proxies to push the boundaries of what's acceptable. And Biden shares some of the blame for isolating Israel under Netanyahu that when it came time for us to have better influence with Israel to control their response we just didn't have it. Not all of this is Biden's doing, obviously, but there were plenty of steps and missteps during his administration that helped to create the world we're living in now and the events that have risen to the top in that time. Foreign policy under Biden has not been a good thing.
Good catches. I would still argue that biden's biggest blunders came in the first 2 years and that year 3 and the start of year 4 have been blah (which isn't good either).

trump's final COVID relief bill was the start of the federal spending that triggered inflation. Then biden's COVID relief and Inflation Reduction Act kicked it into overdrive.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:17 am

Have you already forgot? You replied to 500 of my posts saying…. But Trump and never admit fully how awful Biden has been
What do you want me to say about biden? I think he's a horrible POTUS, that he's corrupt and an arrogant twat. I'm on record as saying that one is better than the other is arguing about which pile of sh!t smells better. They both stink.

I'm more critical of trump because I think he's an even worse human being and just as inept of a POTUS. The posters on here who voted for biden in 2020 believe that he's a flawed human being but thought he was better than the alternative. The posters on here who voted for trump in 2020 believe that he's fighting for the people and worship him like a god. Which group of people is more delusional?
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:00 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:17 am

What do you want me to say about biden? I think he's a horrible POTUS, that he's corrupt and an arrogant twat. I'm on record as saying that one is better than the other is arguing about which pile of sh!t smells better. They both stink.

I'm more critical of trump because I think he's an even worse human being and just as inept of a POTUS. The posters on here who voted for biden in 2020 believe that he's a flawed human being but thought he was better than the alternative. The posters on here who voted for trump in 2020 believe that he's fighting for the people and worship him like a god. Which group of people is more delusional?
The truth

That’s what I do 8-)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:11 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:00 pm

The truth

That’s what I do 8-)
The truth? Sure! You post a lot of stuff about the "biden crime family" and "joey rotten" that's based more on rumors and innuendo than actual facts and proof.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:17 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:11 pm

The truth

That’s what I do 8-)
The truth? Sure! You post a lot of stuff about the "biden crime family" and "joey rotten" that's based more on rumors and innuendo than actual facts and proof.
But you cheerlead all innuendo about Trump
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:21 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:17 pm
There's a lot more than innuendo about trump. While the first impeachment was baloney, trump has been impeached twice. He's been indicted 4 times with nearly 100 criminal charges. How many other lawsuits is he currently involved in? The person who tried to steal the 2020 was trump.

How many times has biden been impeached? Indicted? Charged?

Now comes the "it's the swamp protecting their own and attacking the person who is standing up for the little guy" conspiracy.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:35 pm

There's a lot more than innuendo about trump. While the first impeachment was baloney, trump has been impeached twice. He's been indicted 4 times with nearly 100 criminal charges. How many other lawsuits is he currently involved in? The person who tried to steal the 2020 was trump.

Now comes the "it's the swamp protecting their own and attacking the person who is standing up for the little guy" conspiracy.
Biden has turned out pretty much like I had envisioned

Worthless
America last
Vindictive
Protected
Compromised
Bold face liar
Senile
Bad leader
Divider
Perv
Bad father
Big guy
Abused by his own untouchable family

No redeeming qualities at all and the country is paying for it
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Lol many of those 91 charges are literally the same thing copied and pasted over and over (see NY) or the just a few words added or switched around, or for each separate document (FL).
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:35 pm

Lol many of those 91 charges are literally the same thing copied and pasted over and over (see NY) or the just a few words added or switched around, or for each separate document (FL).
I think that happens quite often with white-collar criminals. Maybe Ivy or Joe can poke their head in and confirm.

If trump hadn't tried to steal the 2020 election there would be fewer indictments and fewer charges.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:21 am

Simple
Pretty sure I've been clear I voted for Biden in 2020 ever since I cast that vote. That's not been a secret for close to 4 years now. As I said, there's no way I'll ever place a vote for Trump given his own mental imbalance. In a pick between an age-befuddled candidate and a lunatic, I simply elect not to participate. We as a country lose regardless of the outcome.
Trumps a lunatic?

Don’t be naive

Anyway, some imbalanced foreign leaders apparently agree with you…

The North Korean lunatic was threatening Guam, Trump shut that down with one ferocious mean tweet

Putin, who appeared stable enough 25 years ago, is now playing the lunatic with a huge chip on his shoulder and now has the entire NATO alliance running scared… endless war that he wouldn’t dare start on Trumps watch… why? Because he fears lunatic Trump.

China, Iran, Russia the new axis of evil created by the US war machine that desperately needs an enemy. Allowing Iran to have a nuke is Biden lunacy

Trump is hated because he didn’t start wars and actually wanted peace.. the swamp was outraged by this

But the real lunatic Biden gets a pass for facilitating an endless slaughter in Ukraine.. and who knows what else is coming with his facilitating illegal Chinese spies entering the country. They are up to no good and the Chinese have the goods on the Biden crime family
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

This is not my material but it’s very nice too see others calling out our evil national clown

“ANY DECENT HUMAN would personally and publicly apologize to this tortured woman…(at least) for this globally-witnessed show of disrespect to her and her murdered daughter. But he may be too busy unleashing his DOJ’s dogs on the Gold Star Dad he had handcuffed for briefly interrupting his hour plus personal grievance rant to remind the old coot that he had never accepted responsibility for the idiotic decisions he made that got the man’s son killed in the Afghanistan surrender debacle.

FUBeAR has seen more than enough of this evil clown and his band of Star Wars bar scene Circus Performers. Whomever President Trump chooses as his VP Running Mate has FUBeAR’s vote!”
Last edited by Caribbean Hen on Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:20 am This is not material but it’s very nice too see others calling out our evil national clown

“ANY DECENT HUMAN would personally and publicly apologize to this tortured woman…(at least) for this globally-witnessed show of disrespect to her and her murdered daughter. But he may be too busy unleashing his DOJ’s dogs on the Gold Star Dad he had handcuffed for briefly interrupting his hour plus personal grievance rant to remind the old coot that he had never accepted responsibility for the idiotic decisions he made that got the man’s son killed in the Afghanistan surrender debacle.

FUBeAR has seen more than enough of this evil clown and his band of Star Wars bar scene Circus Performers. Whomever President Trump chooses as his VP Running Mate has FUBeAR’s vote!”
Too bad neither major party will have a decent human being leading their ticket.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:40 am
houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:36 am

*your

I cited Ag Marketing Services - You probably didn't slow down and sound out the long words so you missed it.
So did I, which I included the link for, which you didn’t. And you cited it wrong. Ag Marketing Services shows the Jan 2021 national avg as $3.61, not $3.77 you claimed.
$3.60/gal for whole milk yesterday........$3.39/gal for gas yesterday... :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:36 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:40 am
So did I, which I included the link for, which you didn’t. And you cited it wrong. Ag Marketing Services shows the Jan 2021 national avg as $3.61, not $3.77 you claimed.
$3.60/gal for whole milk yesterday........$3.39/gal for gas yesterday... :coffee:
Whatver you’re paying now for milk, you’re paying 20% more, and about a dollar more per gallon of gas, than you were in Jan 2021.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.